• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
“You miss the point, Hokage Tsunade.” Jin corrected. “You may think releasing him without telling us is an act of good faith. But retaining him in the first place is an unrighteous act against the freedoms that the mist works hard to protect.”

Seeming to simmer down a bit, the elder Yuki took a deep breath, collecting his thoughts.

“Is the color of one’s eyes, the color of their skin, or the blood in their body make them property of someone else?” He questioned. “Despite his lineage, he resided as a long since citizen of the mist. I was willing to stake the tranquility of our villages on the sentiment of this. While this was virtuous, it seems that I put my faith in the wrong sort.”

He then glared at Kiro, him being the reason all of this blew up in his face in the first place. Looking back to Tsunade, he sighed.

“Perhaps if I had known his true colors beforehand I would have saved the drama. For that I apologize.” Crossing his arms, he continued. “But we were still just in our claim. Your village wasn’t a saint itself.”

Focusing more on the internal affairs, more specifically Mei, Jin put a finger to his stresse temple.

“If you think that the woman alongside Damos isn’t a threat, you were more a fool that I thought. What’s even more foolish is that you think that the blessing of the Daimyo is eternal, and cannot be effected by the wearer’s instability. For a time you deserved the position. But now you’ve become nothing but a shell. And for that, I take the roll of authority in this matter.”

Mei

"Oh, enough out of you," Mei rolled her eyes, her vision landing on the white-haired women who'd come to collect her offer. She passed the slip of paper to the Star Maiden. As the Star Maiden retreated with the offer, Mei's eyes swept over the room, pausing on Tsunade and wondering when the Hokage would realize she was negotiating with a mule.

“Ice Release you say? Hoho!”

While waiting for a response from both Rasa and the Star Maidens, Onoki couldn’t help but listen in to the conversation between Tsunade and the two Mist representatives. Specifically, the mention of the two cloaked members who had attacked their village. The Yuki Head has created an ice sculpture of one of them, but it appeared no one knew who the woman was. However, Mei finally seemed willing to let slip a little more information on the primary attacker. The one they called Damos. Onoki agreed with Jin that the woman was also important, but so was her partner.

“Are we certain that one or both of them aren’t from the Mist? Ice Release is quite the rare kekkei genkai that is mostly found in the Yuki clan. Yet while this Damos guy appears to have it, you avoided mentioning that. Care to explain that now then, Lord Yuki?”

—————————​

“Glad that is settled then.”

Tsunade responded to Mei after seeing her reaffirm her position. The Mizukage did not seem to even be regarding the claims of the Yuki Head at all, which was understandable. Unless some last second change occurred, the with the boy was all but settled. The other two would be coming back with her. Now it was just a matter of taking them and as Mei seemed to infer, the Raikage might be the one to stand in their way.

“I agree wholeheartedly with the Mizukage. Negotiating with a puppet of Orochimaru. To think you of all people would sink to that level Raikage. Especially when the Cloud are certainly capable of just taking whatever you want. The Leaf knows that quite well...”

The Hyūga incident and the attempted kidnapping of Kushina Uzumaki were but a few examples of the Cloud’s aggressive nature. Surely if the Raikage had been willing to steal the byakugan in what might as well have been broad daylight, forcing the Sound to give him what he wanted without having to make concessions should be as easy as stealing candy from a baby. Speaking of which, the Hyūga Head seemed to be able to contain her distaste for the Cloud pretty well all things considered. Perhaps Hinagiku might just get a chance to act on any lingering grudges if the Cloud were bold enough to defend the Sound. That was assuming the Leaf wouldn’t have other matters to deal with as well. Specifically, if the Yuki Head and the Hokage were unable to reach an agreement. Starting with the matter of the mysterious group, Tsunade let out a sigh before speaking to Jin once again.

“I’d be interested to hear how you explain that demon’s abilities as well Lord Yuki. You were so quick to call us out for not revealing any information we might have on that woman yet there is clearly more that can be said about your so-called demon.

“As for the boy, we retained him because he went off with the Sound who had just attacked our village. That makes him a war criminal if anything. Once he joined up with the Sound, I believe we had every right to capture him. Does your Mist literature say anything about protecting the freedom of those who join a known terrorist from another village? From what I know, you even agreed to let the boy be detained as long as he was released by the end of day. Which he was. As for his lineage, I understand that he was born and raised in the Mist. I won’t deny that. However, I’m sure you can understand we just didn’t want a kekkei genkai of the Leaf to fall into enemy hands. Especially Orochimaru. Would you not feel the same way if an estranged Yuki was in the same predicament?”

Last edited:

Giving a look to the Hasa woman who went near to Mei, Jin made a mental note to be watchful of any hostile action on their part. No wise leader should be caught unaware. But for now, he had to address the issue of Damos having his Kekkei Genkai.

“The demon seemed to mimic the abilities present at the time. Or at least that’s the working theory.” Jin spoke. “He copied The Hozuki clan’s signature ability, the Yuki’s, Hoshigaki, and countless others in a pool of hybrid justu.”

He stared back at at the old man that attempted to heckle and bring down his argument, bringing an Inquisitive look back.

“If that is the case, would you find yourself safe from all your own nation’s abilities used against you?”

Damos was a threat. There was no denying that. But he needed to sow these seeds to other nations so they’d know it’s no matter one man can ‘mysteriously’ come up with. Speaking of the actions of one man, Kiro’s origins were disputed, even having the nerve that his lineage may have been in the mist against their will.

“To understand this issue is to understand it in all of it’s aspects. You of The leaf village are more free spirited, going where you please and lying with whichever animal you want.” Jin explained. “We have higher standards. We welcome anyone that wants to become one with us, no matter their heritage. We did not force him or his family to come here against their will. In fact, they were fleeing your village of memory serves. Perhaps if you don’t want them falling into the ‘wrong hands’ you shouldn’t scare them off I’m the first place.”

"If anything I am the only one to hold this nation accountable for the crimes of the snake. Unlike you, I don't intend to have my people be vulnerable to his attack on a successive occasion and when I outline conditions they adhere to Kumo's will not vice versa." Ay said, as frankly he had little care for how his "deal" with Oto was seen as; he gets valued info and assets and they gave up nothing of importance for it. If making a one-sided contract in his favor was seen as aiding the puppet of Oto well he'd just have to live with oh such "shame."

"I would advise not worrying over my nation's actions, as it stands it seems questionable the nations of Kiri & Konoha can handle their own internal affairs much less lecture on foreign policy." Ay replied, naturally a jab at the state of things in Kiri & Konoha which this meeting alone had given insight to. Besides, he doubted sending troops to wherever Oto had called home would have gone over well with the other parties on the table even if merely to set up a base.

"If it could "copy" the abilities of the Mist, would it not be simple to suggest it was of the Mist? Seems to me we have an idea of what nation least one of these criminals comes from for further investigation but you seem to only imply he is an imitation rather than formerly among yours..." Ay said, as he figured it seemed simple to name this figure of the Yuki or Hozuki as some odd hybrid which if anything helped get an idea of where to begin digging for info on least one of the group.

Last edited:

“That is only because we are the only nation to have people live to tell our tale. No. There are power powers at work than simply our Kekkei Genkai. How can you explain This?”

He recycled the ice previously used on his sculpture of the woman, repurposing it to show a horrifying creature. It was Phobos. A Creature that had a crossbread between a Cow skull and a Ram, a pair of deeply shriveled yet pulsating eyes in their sockets. It stood on a mountain of tendrils that made up it’s body.

“This is the creature we have coined Phobos, due to it’s similarity to Damos. If towers above the tallest buildings of the village, having power to take most any physical brunt without sign of harm. Do tell me Ay what clan THIS is from.”

Scary...

Averting his gaze, Kou snuck a glance at Mei. Seeing as this Jin guy was distracted making his big speech, his whispered to her.

“So...um. I don’t want us to fight. I don’t have much money on me, so what can I do to help us get along?”

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
It didn't take long for Taiyo to find Madoka, but since she seemed to be having a conversation with someone else, he would have to wait. Now, the fiery shinobi had no problem waiting for his turn, but there was no guarantee that he would get a turn without intervention. And though the FBS master knew this, he was still hesitant about intruding on the conversation.

Look, you're not going to get what you want if you don't ask. So man up, walk over there, and make the damn request.

But that would be intruding on a conversation that I have no part in.

It's not that serious, bro. Just go over there and ask her if you can talk after she's done. It's not that fucking hard.

Alright, alright. Just get off my back...though I guess you were never on my back. Only on my mind.

Real clever...

"Hey Madoka," It didn't take him long to actually walk over to the girls, and he cleared his throat before he began speaking, "You mind if I talk to you about something once you're done catching up with your friend?" Though a part of him wanted to introduce himself to the aforementioned friend, he knew that it wasn't his place to do so.

“And that is where you misunderstand yet again.” While Tsunade said this in a calm, respectable manner, she was befuddled by how eloquently the Yuki Head could speak without actually saying anything of much relevance at all. If Tsunade wasn’t on the other side of the bullshit he was spewing, she might have been able to respect such a trait. He was quite literally the definition of “give someone an inch and they’ll take a mile”. The Yuki Head would take any little thing to fit his made up narrative. It was no wonder why even the Mizukage could barely deal with his antics.

“With all due respect, none of what you said about how open your village is even relevant to what I’m stating. How he ended up in the Mist is none of my concern at the moment. While I may have some issues about the Uchiha kekkei genkai being in another village, I might not have minded if he went back to your village after that last exam and neither would the Uchiha clan themselves as far as I know. However, once the boy joined up with the Sound, he became an enemy of the Leaf. As for your claim about property, while his kekkei genkai doesn’t belong to the Leaf, it does belong to the Uchiha just as your specific ice release kekkei genkai belongs to the Yuki clan. The boy himself is no ones property as you said. Now while I don’t exactly know why the Uchiha could care less about the boy’s life, they would still prefer to avoid his eyes going to that snake.”

It was difficult, but Tsunade had somehow managed to bite her tongue and not respond to his subtle but offensive remarks about her village. She was doing her best to not stoop to his level. He even had the nerve to raise his tone at the Raikage of all people. Surely Ay wouldn’t just take that sitting down. He did seem a bit back to his usual self with the statement to the Mizukage and her. Speaking of Mei, it appeared the child from the Sound was reaching out to her now. Tsunade would have to pay attention to that while she attempted to continue with Jin.

“In any case, the specifics of the boy’s allegiance is only a part of the bigger picture. When we first took the boy into custody, you had the opportunity make your claim. Instead, you came to an agreement with us on a time to release the boy and we followed through with it. The actions of your clan and son against the Leaf village and it’s citizens afterwards were therefore uncalled for. By all accounts, such unwarranted acts of aggression could be considered an act of terrorism or war. As a Mist ninja, the boy still has time on his sentence for attempted assassination as well. Due to his prolonged stay in the Leaf, which is a result of your false exile, we were the ones left with him. We ended up suffering another attack on our village due to your negligence and his presence. For all of this, I expect some form of payment to be made to the Leaf. As for the boy’s housing and living expenses, those can be paid directly to the Hyūga clan. Now, Lord Jin Yuki, I’ll ask once more. Do you agree to pay for all that I mentioned?”

—————————​

Kiro didn’t miss the glare directed at him earlier by the Yuki Head and gave a smug grin in response, seeming to taunt the man. Jin could glare at him how much wanted. The issue was he couldn’t touch Kiro at all and the boy knew it. Not like the Sound ninja would be intimidated by a piece of filthy ice anyways. It would be melted away soon enough. A majority of the five Kage were already on his tail. The Hokage was still fixated on getting compensation for the recent attack on the Leaf village. More interestingly, it had been revealed that Damos and his disfigured pet may be some abomination that carried the abilities of a few clans from the Mist. Both the Tsuchikage and Raikage appeared quite intrigued of this discovery and were well in their right to be suspicious. The Mist did try to hide this information after all. As for the one that was clearly disregarding the clown, Kiro was interested to see how the Mizukage would respond to Kou’s offer.

Last edited:

Mei

The Mizukage was hardly interested in, as the boy put it, 'getting along', but she could clearly see the bigger picture. The Yuki would most certainly throw a fuss upon Kiro's return, and the boy himself had turned traitor. If he was at least loyal then he might've been worth the trouble, his Sharingan and lightning nature made him a suitable wielder for the Kiba Blades, and as a member of the 7 Swordsmen, he would've been a powerful asset to the village. Alas, it was unwise to feed wolves, they didn't know gratitude.

If she could benefit from leaving Kiro in the Sound then she wasn't opposed to doing that.

"What do you have to offer? What can you give me that is worth Kiro?" Mei questioned, "Seeing as your master was willing to attack the Leaf to get him, then it'd better be good."

“Either argument is pointless. The fact he allied with the sound is irrelevant. The Village who owns the ninja has the right to prosecute, and they mustn’t be refused that right. So it is.”

Jin opened his eyes, staring right into Hokage Tsuande’s awaiting ones.

“I may have begrudgingly agreed on the time and date in order to maintain peace negotiations in the eyes of such a disgraceful act. But even then, when the time had elapsed for your promise of deliverance, and there was no dissociate as to why this was, it was a direct breach of that agreement. You only highlight your failures to bring this to light. A contract works to the Letter, Tsunade, not in generalities.”

“So no, you shall not get payment for committing hostile actions toward the mist and breaching our agreements. But if you wish it so badly something must be done of Kiro, he is allied to your enemy is he not? Kill him and get it over with. This drama has persisted enough.”

Kou, trying to tone out the rather defiant words on both sides of the debate, he elected to hone in on just Mei’s.

“Well...he also came to rescue me you know, and I’m nothing special. Maybe he just likes us? I dunno...B-But anyway! That was a tangent. Maybe there’s something you can use? Like uh...is there a resource we have that you’ve been looking at using?”

The Yuki Head just sounded ignorant at this point. It seemed he was trying to dismiss any facts that didn’t fit his narrative. Jin could disregard them all he liked, but that didn’t mean they would just go away because he willed it so. That might work with Mei and the Mist, but not when speaking to Tsunade at least.

“Allying with the Sound is quite relevant to his crimes whether or not you like to admit it. We have every right to convict a ninja who enacted a crime in our village thank you very much. If you wanted to specify a time and place to receive Kiro, then you should have done so as well. It’s as you said, contracts work to the letter. Meaning specifications do matter in those situations. So if you’re really as clever as you like to think you are, you would’ve set your terms accordingly. Oh and please do tell me what hostile actions we have committed against the Mist in recent times. Was it detaining a Mist shinobi who joined the terrorist group that attacked our village and attempted to assassinate one of our clan heads? I suppose that is quite the sin compared to what we have endured partly due to your honorable actions.”

The Hokage didn’t try to hide the sarcasm in her tone near the end of that. Whether or not he answered was no longer her concern anyways. The Yuki Head had made his choice and so Tsunade could only accept that before she carried on.

“I do concur with your suggestion on Kiro. However, whether the boy lives or dies will depend on your Mizukage and her conversation with that child from the Sound. In any case, you have made it clear that you won’t be paying any compensation to the Leaf. Which is quite unfortunate. I do hope you are willing to bare the consequences of your choice then. It’s been a pleasure Lord Yuki.”

Tsunade then led the conversation with the Yuki Head to its end in a respectful manner. With that, her business with Jin was all but finalized. The Hokage now knew what had to be done. All that really had to be determined was if Mei was seriously willing to deal Kiro back to the Sound. It would be a shame if she did so, but the boy would be dealt with nonetheless. Since it appeared that the Summit would be continuing just a little bit longer, Tsunade would take this opportunity to make preparations with someone she had been interested in. A warm expression grew on her face when she turned to the ally of the Leaf.

“Greetings Lord Kazekage. Let’s talk later, shall we?”

“Your boisterous claims are only overshadowed by the Hypocrisy in your words...” Jin sighed. “You talk of justice for crimes, yet commit then yourself. A bear defending her Cubs needs no debate dealing with a wolf that seeks harm upon them. This conversation is over.”

Jin Yuki had nothing more to say to Tsunade. He couldn’t quite fault them, they hadn’t the same brain capacity as the mist race, so he shouldn’t be too mad. They hadn’t known better. Regardless, it would make little sense to keep talking to an animal that wouldn’t listen. While he did respect the separate abodes of the wild Xenos, it grew tiresome to listen to their chattering.

Much as Azumi managed to keep comments to herself, this entire thing had gone from fascinating to downright obnoxious. The only thing holding this meeting up and allowing these foreign powers to leave her home was some petty pride over a compensation fee. Really it sickened her that something so simple had dragged to this level and it seemed they had gotten nowhere fast.

I've known this Yuki head for such short time, and already he makes me want to gouge his eyes out.

Ay himself had began to grow a touch impatient. While he enjoyed watching other nations bicker over such a trivial matter this seemed to be the one matter left unsettled. Though if nothing else the pair seemed to agree on this as they began to break communication. Maybe the end of this mess was closer than expected.

Mei

"What resources do you have?"

While the Mizukage was receptive to this line of negotiation, the boy seemed woefully underprepared for the undertaking. The nations here hardly knew where the Sound even was much less what resources it might possess. The sound had come to the table with, quite frankly, nothing. It was about time they began to reveal their chips.

Last edited:
The Kazekage shook his head at the Tsuchikage's comment. "You seem to misunderstand, lord Tsuchikage. I couldn't care less about what happens to that Uchiha boy. Hashima lost to him therefore lost her life, that's how the world is." He replied. "As for where the other Jinchuriki went, I'm afraid that information escapes me as well." Rasa stated concerning the whereabouts of Oto's other Jinchuriki.

Following his reply, Rasa sat rather quietly while glaring at Jin as the conversation about his invasion of the Leaf seemed to escalate a bit. "This man has quite some nerves, not only speaking to his own leader but the leader of another village like this." He thought to himself, getting annoyed at the man's antics.

When Tsunade addressed him, Rasa was a bit surprised at the sudden move but nodded in response. "If that's what you wish."

“Well, I guess the same as others with land I guess...” He scratched the back of his head. “We kinda are in the Land of Rice fields and kinda own the place. Soooo anything there you’d be interested in?”

The land of rice fields, or rice paddies as they were commonly referred to, was known for its booming agricultural market. They were also know for their heavy use of trade and for their mercenary hubs. It seemed the sound had set up shop there and has a shocking amount of access. Wonder what their Daimyo would say?

Mei

The Land of Rice Paddies...? The Mizukage hummed thoughtfully, recalling what she knew about the Land of Rice Paddies. Politically, it wasn't that strong. It was an emergent nation woefully lacking in presence. Neither their allies nor enemies were notable; but, it didn't take a genius to predict that would soon change. A gander in the Leaf's direction was enough to guess why.

Geographically, the Land of Rice Paddies was situated between the Land of Fire, Hot Water, and hinterlands. Its geographic position wasn't bad: the region was relatively bountiful and it possessed a sizeable coastline; but, it had made an enemy of its largest neighbor, so in that light, its location was quite unfortunate.

Mei imagined that short of an outright invasion, the Leaf would probably move to cripple the Rice's access to the surrounding nations. An embargo, perhaps?

The hinterlands to their west didn't possess any notable nations and traversing the mountainous terrain was difficult on foot, and nigh impossible with a loaded caravan full of goods. Without a proper infrastructure—or even a sizeable populace in general—land-based westward trade was less than appealing to merchants. It was high-risk, low-reward; a bet no competent merchant would risk. Of course, referring back to their coastline, any merchant worth their salt would prioritize sea-based trade.

Access to trade routes across both land and sea usually provided multiple means of distribution and ensured a steady flow of goods. The idea of a potential, Fire-enforced embargo—which the Land of Hot Water would likely abide by—would lock the Land of Rice out of any land-based trade. A heavy blow, but ultimately a minor set back. The northern sea would grant them access to trade with the Land of Lightning and Earth who would not so easily bend to pressure.

If the nation was to shift to primarily sea-based trade, then its seafaring trade routes were naturally the nation's single greatest asset. Since they possessed no unique resources nor outstanding traits, it was also their only appealing asset. While the boy would likely sign away his nation's single life-line in his naivety, the Mizukage would hardly lower herself to dupe an ignorant child. She wouldn't take their trade-routes, so that left...

"Full access." She stated.

"I want tax and tariff-free access to all the Land of Rice's ports and trade routes.

"I'm not unreasonable, so the duration of our contract will be the duration of Kiro's imprisonment in the Leaf— 6 months. This arrangement is amenable, yes?"

She drafted the stipulations of their agreement onto paper, and with a push, sent the document sailing towards Kou.

"If you agree then your signature will be enough to seal the deal."

“Uhhhhh...”

He didn’t know how to read all of those words. Pulling on Zaku’s pant leg subtly, he had the older ninja bend an annoyed eye down to it. After a half minute of reading, Zaku shrugged his shoulders and put the palm of his hand to his forehead. Seemed like he wasn’t good at all this legal drafting either. But judging how Zaku didn’t object, Kou took his time writing his name yet again, taking an equal, if not slightly less amount of time as he did with the last document.

“There!” He smiled. “Now you’ll see as an action nation too?? We talked about that earlier.”

Geez, if I wanted to get bored to death I’d watch Kidomaru make web patterns... Zaku sighed. Whatever, cause I got to let of steam. I need to attack somethin’, I don’t do this political crap-“

As his eyes wandered, they flew past a figure with a familiar beanie. Blinking, he looked back to the beanie. It was none other than Azumi. Exchanging a look at her in silence, he winked and gave his signature grin, pointing a finger gun at her. She still owes me a date.

Ay course would rather keep what he had gotten from Oto to himself. The other nations only needed to know of the arrangement and agreement on Oto's part, the details will be hammered out later. Once this meeting concluded he'd have the Oto "leader" meet with him to hammer a date and contract and from there things would transition smoothly.

Thankfully this seemed to be almost over.

The High Priest seemed to have been of the same opinion, as he quietly sent thanks to the true god for his blessing that this meeting had avoided violence. Azumi herself was merely looking forward to the meeting being declared over so these invaders could leave her home, though just when she figured she saw relief out of the corner of her eye Zaku tried to send a message to her as she inwardly sighed while she pretended not to notice.

Of all the fools to make an attendant, it had to be this one...

“Perfect.”

Tsunade spoke with a smile in her response to Rasa. One that quickly transformed into a frown as she then gazed at the Mizukage. To her displeasure, it appeared that Mei and the Sound had come to a deal. All that talk before was virtually meaningless. Well, almost. Tsunade couldn’t exactly blame Mei either as she managed to get something in return. There was nothing that could be done about it now. A sigh finally escaped the lips of the Hokage before she gave a simple order to her aides.

“Shizune, Lady Hinagiku. Eliminate the two older boys and capture the child as soon as they step outside this village.”

With the Mist no longer in play for Kiro, that left no one to stand in their way. Survival would be quite unlikely for Kiro and Zaku now. The two chūnin could be captured, but Tsunade no longer saw the benefit in that. They’d been imprisoned already, so the Leaf already had information from them. The fact that Orochimaru was also willing to attack the Leaf village for his boys made the decision relatively easy. Quite simply, it was more of a risk to leave them alive at this point. They could extract any extra intelligence as long as their brains were still in one piece. Tsunade didn’t know how much the snake valued Kou, but she doubt he would launch another assault just fit the child. If anything, they could deal the boy to the Cloud. Maybe even the Mist since Mei was also somewhat willing to work with him. Speaking of which, Tsunade still needed confirmation on some stuff from the Mizukage before the Summit was over. It should be quite clear what they were.

“Can I presume you won’t interfere in either objective of mine that has been discussed here, Lady Mizukage?”

“I believe so.” Jin responded, rising himself.

The samurai looked to the other kage’s faces that read that they had nothing else to add. Nodding to each other, one of the Samurai stepped forward.

“Then the meeting is adjourned. Your compliance is appreciated in the code of this summit. But we do ask to honor that code until the chunnin exams have run their course. So it is said.”

The Samurai gave a quick bow with their eyes before beginning to disperse to the out reaches of the meeting area. The lesser Kage who were stationed further away from the main table began to get up and leave as well. Jin focused on Mei, not letting her out of his sight.

“Phew...that was exhausting.” Kou muttered.

“It’s a bunch of stuck up sissy’s with money to waste. What did you expect?” Zaku mused. “What I didn’t expect is for our own Kiro to become the talk of the evening. Bravo to you electro boy.”

@Retro Master

Last edited:
As the meeting came to a close, Azumi had let out a sigh of relief. Least it seemed the worst had been over and now they'd soon leave her land. It ended relatively peacefully though Oto had taken quite the focus or rather in specific the Uchiha but she cared little for this. The sooner they were gone the sooner she could focus her mind on more meaningful efforts. The High Priest seemed to share the relief as Satoshi had a slight grin as the worst seemed to be over, though unlike them until they had all left their ways nothing could be set in stone.

Ay and Kumo moved up off their seats, though Ay directed his gaze at Kou as he'd motion for Cee to act as the later moved to present a slip towards the Oto representatives; a contract. The contract listing a future meeting date along with terms to be talked on that date present. Including monetary compensation, access to gains from the land of agriculture and of course information regarding Orochimaru and his doings were outlined along with a date. About two weeks after the Chunin Exams were set to conclude, located at a mountain pass beyond the gates of Kumo but within the Land of Lightning which was the expected meeting site.

"I shouldn't have to mention we expect your arrival on this date. And I would advise not skipping out, for your sake." Cee said with a slight smirk before he moved by Ay's side as the message seemed clear; this is when they'd finalize their agreement, and what Ay & Kumo expects to be reparations for Oto's previous crimes under Orochimaru. There'd be no excuse if Oto flaked on this meeting, though how much he expected Oto to follow through on his conditions were a wait and see process.

For now they prepared to make their leave though Ay would keep an eye on the other leaders of the relevant nations.

“...Why does it sound so threatening when you say it like that?”

Kou shuddered at the tone of the tall man, looking down at the given contract. Zaku rolled his eyes again. Unbelievable. If it were up to him, he would have blown them away right here and now. But Orochimaru had to know what he was doing, right?

Kou slowly signed his name again, clearly showing signs of fatigue from the ‘strenuous’ activity. After he signed, he wiped his forehead, giving a sigh.

“There we go. Now uh...about that help about them?”

He pointed with his eyes to Tsunade and her band. The leaf acted more and more like enemies every time he met them. Now they were almost downright evil. At least that’s how he saw things.

"Believe me if it came from Ay you would know what threatening meant." Cee said, and as the boy signed the contract a copy had been made for Kumo's side to keep as the latter seemed to ask about "protection" in regards to Konoha which itself was a complicated matter. Course he had to be the one to explain it as Darui had been a bit apathetic when it came to these duties.

"Agreement to protection was made earlier in the first signature. And that extended sadly only through the meeting itself. If you wish for extended protection beyond the meeting you should've specified as your request was...vague, at best. I'm afraid the Uchiha is another matter though can least say some measures will be taken to least get the message on your party secure back to your land." Cee said, as they indeed did "need" the message Kou signed to return to Oto with them though they had not been prepared or ever specified they'd be out of their way to protect them once the meeting passed especially given it was likely to get messy with the Uchiha in kind. He did seem to speak with a slight degree of sympathy though not too much as he thanked them for their corporation before he returned to his lord.

Ay himself had walked with Darui in toe as they'd prepare to exit, though as Ay passed by the Leaf he passed his own message to the Hokage."Whatever action you take, ensure one of them returns to the Sound. Beyond that I have little care what becomes of the Uchiha." Ay said, as beyond his own interest in the matter simply to ensure others who could provide the info, funds and materials got word & proof of it. Though inwardly he had preparations in case the Leaf got too messy which he fully expected them to.

Naturally during this the Ame staff had been eased though kept focus in case any post meeting fights broke out on their soil, so long as they left their land they had little care beyond that though remained ready for duty at a moment's notice. Their focus naturally on the Oto party as it seemed if any activity was bound to happen it would be around their area.

Hinagiku

Disdain dripped from the curl of the Hyūga Matriarch's lips. It was clear from her expression that the Raikage's braggadocio would hardly stop her from eliminating the entire sound contingency. If anything, she would go out of her way to make sure none of them returned just to spite the Cloud. Ay's dealings naturally had nothing to do with her or the Leaf and they were under no obligation to accommodate for them. That was a sentiment she made clear in her response to Tsunade.

"As you wish, Ohime-sama. I'll eliminate them swiftly."

Sagisō

The Hasa virago lifted her boney helm and released a sigh. The feathers draping around the feline skull made the helm much stuffier than it first appeared. With the meeting concluded, Sagisō saw no further need to avoid recognition. She was in fact, much more interested in the deal the Mizukage had proposed, and she glanced curiously at Lixue as she returned to the group.

Ay seemed to take note of the promise from Hina as he glared the Hyuga's way which caused Darui to sigh. This seemed to go too well so naturally it seemed one of Konoha had to get testy at meeting's end. Ay cared little for Hina's attitude as he merely extended one whisper of warning to the village leader.

"If your measures leave no one to carry my will to Oto, be warned the one who carried that blade on your order will be buried with it. I would advise not testing me Hokage." Ay declared simply, so long as one of Oto remained and returned home they were free to do whatever, but if this Hyuga or Hokage aimed to leave no one to pass his contract well...that specific party could not be helped.

Cee naturally just watched to see this play out, while Darui had a groan. Hopefully they got the memo but given how these inter village operations devolved into flexing contests he had sincere doubt this led to anything but trouble.

“Guess I’m famous.”

Kiro responded to Zaku with a snicker as he watched the aftermath of the Summit play out. First and foremost, it would appear that Ay had basically played Kou. The current deal in place meant only Kiro would receive protection during the duration of the Summit. They would be on their own afterwards, leaving the Hyūga Head of all people to kill him along with Zaku. His gaze had settled on the woman to hear her direct response. One that he was not surprised to hear. Judging by the lack of hesitation in her tone and animosity Kiro knew she held towards the Cloud, he doubted Hinagiku had any intention of sparing any of them. If Ay was serious about his deal with Kou, then he might find it in his best interest to extend that protection. A sentiment he made clear with his next choice of words.

“It seems like we won’t be receiving any protection after all thanks to that little loophole. Seems unwise on his part if he seriously wanted to complete the deal though. Disappointing I suppose as I would’ve liked to see his armor in action.”

—————————​

“I could say the same to you, Raikage. Don’t test me either.”

Tsunade responded to the threat with her own own alongside some amusement in her tone. The firm answer from Hinagiku clearly irked him a bit. She had said to capture the little boy, but it couldn’t be helped if he got himself caught in the crossfire somehow. If Ay really wanted to guarantee their safety, he would’ve made that very clear. Tsunade would be willing to negotiate with the Raikage on how the handling of the Oto ninja, but doubted Hinagiku would be pleased to work with them. That could lead to more trouble. Still, if Ay would be willing to swallow his pride and ask nicely to make some sort of deal for their protection, Tsunade might be willing to listen.

Kou blinked twice. He didn’t quite know what to make of all the big words and contingencies that Ay and his...friend(?) Spoke of. Putting his hands on his hips, he made a declaration.

“...I think that means it went well!”

“It means you got played.” Zaku grumbled, elbowing Kou antagonistically in the shoulder.

“Ow!” He rubbed his shoulder. “What do you mean anyhow?”

“Means he won’t protect us none, he’s just gonna leave.”

“What?? That’s not true, right??” Kou asked Ay. “I thought we had a protection thing? You saw how that weird Leaf lady had her eyes on Kiro!”

Psssht. Heard rumors about these Kumo guys being super manly men and that they are all blunt and strong, hating all sorts of ‘unmanly’ tricks and deceit. Heh, seems like they aren’t what they are cracked up to be in the tales after all.

Ay glared upon Tsunade, he had no love for Oto or Orochimaru but he did enjoy one thing. Protecting Kumo's own interests and in this case if he was to get what he was owed on the deal from the Sound that brat pretending to be leader needed to bring the contract to Oto. If the Leaf were due to get in his way on that it needed to be dealt with one way or another as Tsunade seemed a bit coy with her intent to try and getting something out of him for it.

"Rather presumptuous of you Hokage." Ay said, and as they spoke up Kou asked if that they had Kumo's protection or not. This caused Ay to scowl, guess Cee's comment went over their head, though in truth if he was to get anything useful from Oto he'd need least one of them to return there. Or least the one who wore the hat. A sigh escaped his lips before he focused back on the Hokage.

"Whatever business you have with the Uchiha will wait, least till these exams pass. You can consider that payment for my aid during your village's invasion period. That is if you were even made aware of like the Mist dealings are "oblivious" to this action as well." Ay said, as he seemed to hit a middle ground. Given he had fought on Konoha's behalf during the first invasion by Oto and in particular that Kaguya survivor as a means to get the protection needed to get the contract out of Ame without having to make a compromising deal with the Leaf. Which if nothing else showed an attempt Ay was willing to talk, which given his reputation was encouraging. Though if Hina made a move Ay's more infamous foreign policy stance would show itself all the same.

"If you don't want to tank your chances with that kid, I would advise letting them finish their convo." Darui said with a dry tone to Kou as he offered the young "diplomat" advice.

Sagisō

The remnants of Mei's missives were like dust scattered on the wind, courtesy of the Skillful star's sharp chakra. Sagisō had been the last of the virago to read the letter and she'd promptly destroyed it afterward. She looked at Meihui, an eyebrow raised in askance. The Knowledge Star's eyes were closed, her expression hidden by her feathered fan, which glistened with two motes of starlight.

"Mmmh," a susurrus affirmation was all the amazons needed. The decision was made, their path determined.

'The Hidden Frost, Hidden Steam, and Hidden Waterfall...', Sagisō mulled over the villages the Mizukage wished for them to contact. At first blush, they didn't have much in common; but, when she included the Hidden Mist and the trade routes the Mizukage had just bargained for it became clear what the Mizukage's goal was and realization dawned on Sagisō— '
She wants to control the seas.'

Ambitious. That was all Sagisō could say about the Mizukage's goals. From their postures, Sagisō could tell her sisters were likewise ostensibly impressed. Needless to say, however, the virago had no inclination to stand around woolgathering. With a final glance at the feuding Kage, Meihui led her little sisters out of the meeting hall.

"Let's move, we've things to do."

“Don’t tell me what I will do, Raikage. Otherwise we will both be here for longer than we need to. In any case, I can accept that compromise. We will not make a move on that Uchiha while the exams are still taking place. You have my word.”

Truthfully, the order Tsunade had given was to eliminate the Sound delegation members once they left the village. She supposed some confirmation of their safety was better than none at all. So if Ay wanted to needlessly spend his favor on the Sound, then that was fine with her. The only other person that Ay would need to be concerned about was the Hyūga Head. However, Tsunade presumed Hinagiku would understand exactly what this agreement meant.

"So long as your Hyuga agrees to those terms as well, then we can be done with this." Ay simply said, this frankly had been more talking than he'd like to do as the meetings themselves much less post meeting fluff but so long as his prize was not at risk of being sliced up for the exam period. That extended to his "protection" which would be enough to prevent the Oto brat form whining about specifics. So long as his contract got to Oto it mattered little what happened afterwards. And Ay already made mental preparations if the Leaf decided to act the moments the exams came to an end.

"Seems this matter is close to finished." Cee said to Darui who simply shrugged. How much the Hyuga agreed with Tsunade's stance remained to be seen but he figured the Leaf had little reason to strike now on neutral ground anyway. So he figured this private "agreement" would have no reason to be tossed.

Kou gave a sigh of relief, non-verbally thanking Ay and Cee while Zaku just cracked his knuckles in response.

“Welp. Now that that mistake of a meeting is over with, I’m off to let off some steam.”

“Huh?” Kou blinked. “Wait- what about me??”

“Didn’t you hear? The cloud got you covered. I’m sure you can keep yourself busy.”

Zaku waved him off without looking back as he effectively ditched Kou, leaving him to his own devices. Well that’s just rude...what am I supposed to do now? All these nations are here and I’m just...wait. All these nations? Could maybe...?

Looking to the different Kage, he spotted Onoki. He looked exactly like the rock king he was described! Shuffling over to him, Kou cleared his throat.

“Uhm, Rock king, sir? Do you know if a ms. Tomiko is here?”

“Wonderful, dreary weather we are having.”

Zaku made himself known to Azumi, leaning on a nearby pillar as he snickered at the beanie wearing ninja.

“Howdy doo, snuckums. You miss me?”

“Rock King eh?!”

The Tsuchikage could only let out a chuckle when he heard that nickname escape the lips of the little child that came up to him. He couldn’t fault the kid for such naivety. Kou couldn’t be any older than the age of ten. To think he would be speaking with a child almost seventy years younger than him here. This Summit had certainly been quite amusing if anything. However, before Onoki would reveal any information on one of his ninja to a representative from the Sound of all places, he’d prefer to learn some background information beforehand.

“So tell me you brat, what’s your business with Tomiko? How do you know her? Maybe then I’ll tell you.”

—————————
“Seems like Lord Raikage is quite concerned about you, Lady Hinagiku. Rather, about what you might do. Is there anything you would like to say?”

Tsunade questioned the Hyūga Head, giving her the opportunity to speak up in case she was respectfully choosing to stay silent. Hinagiku could either reassure the Raikage or refuse the compromise. As Hokage, Tsunade would have her back even if she chose the latter.

—————————​

While Zaku took his leave a little after Azumi, Kiro remained in the room to see how this meeting would conclude. Kou has been left behind as well and Kiro could make only a few guesses as to why Zaku chose not to bring the young boy along. Zaku did say he wanted to let off some steam after all. If it had been to see his estranged girlfriend alone, then it was understandable. The battle between them should be quite intense. In any case, it was a rare sight to witness all the Kage in the same room, conversing amongst one another. This was an experience he didn’t want to abandon just yet. Kiro primarily paid attention to the ongoing discussion between the Hokage and Raikage. One that should be rapidly approaching its end due to the agreement on the table.

‘As I expected, we will have some free time until the exams end. Well, that still depends on her though.’

The only thing really left was any response the Hyūga Head might have. Kiro had watched both Kage speak before his eyes settled on Lady Hinagiku once more. After all, this matter did involve him technically and he wouldn’t put it past Lady Hinagiku to spite the Cloud by trying to kill off the entire Sound delegation sooner rather than later. On one hand, Kiro could respect that, but on the other hand, he would prefer to avoid that scenario.

Last edited:

“So tell me you brat, what’s your business with Tomiko? How do you know her? Maybe then I’ll tell you.”

...Brat? Well that’s a bit rude...

Trying to keep himself from showing visual signs of being disturbed, Kou looked to the side, putting his index fingers together, sweating just slightly.

“Wellll, Tomiko and I are friends since we last met at the other exams last time. Was wondering if she came to this one.”

Hinagiku

"It will be as you wish, Ohime-sama," her reply was light and spoke of her stance, she would only follow direct orders from Tsunade regardless of the bluster the Raikage made.

Sagisō

"Again?" The skillful star licked her lips and throw a playful wink towards the sword-brandishing girl on the other end of the battlefield. Her head-band and the unique water-style blade she wielded marked her as a shinobi from Takigakure. While Meihui discussed the details of Takigakure's cooperation, Sagisō had taken it upon herself to feel out the quality of their shinobi.

She was well-prepared to combat their Water-Cutting sword, having heard about it from Baiyan, who had likewise challenged her fair share of taki-nin; but, while she was prepared, the taki-nin couldn't say the same. She was wholly unprepared to deal with the Skillful Star's Boxing Arts—the innate skill responsible for the Skillful Star's repute as the strongest in close-quarters. Among the many techniques Sagisō had consolidated in the last three months, her innate skill—a fusion of Nadeshiko-style and Hyūga-styled fighting that she'd modified to leverage every advantage her body offered—was her magnum opus.

The Taki-nin, whose name she'd already forgotten, charged. Her sword was swift. Its fluid-nature made it much lighter than any steel sword, and as a consequence, it was much faster. Speedy thrusts and swipes were parried in quick succession; Sagisō weathered the onslaught.

From an outsider's point of view, the Taki-nin's swordplay was sloppy, marred with strikes that overextended or were off-balance. It allowed the Skillful Star to dance around them with a graceful, that seemed magnetic, keeping both parties in carefully curated proximity.

Their ballad went on for several minutes, a fruitless offensive against a water-tight defense. Eventually, Sagisō flagged. She was growing bored.

"Enough," she scowled, "Not bad, but you won't beat me like that and I don't have the time to wait for you to figure it out. You can challenge me again tomorrow."

As the battle concluded, so too did the meeting. A smiling Meihui emerged and the virago departed. They still had others to visit, and although similar challenges would be held with the shinobi of each nation they dealt with, Sagisō would not be apart of those delegations. That meant the Skillful Star was free to find her own amusement within the village.

"Well, there you have it Raikage. If there aren't any more concerns, we'll be taking our leave now."

Once the Hyūga Head had given her reassurance, the Hokage rose up from her seat. The Summit was all but over. Of course, there were still other matters to attend to. Such as her meeting with the Kazekage, but that would be taking place somewhere else.

——————————
Letting out a sigh, Kiro couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed by the lackluster response by the Hyūga Head. Maybe it was his fault for raising his expectations too high. There had been enough entertainment to go around, so perhaps he shouldn't have been so greedy. Kiro had wanted to see the Raikage in action with his signature technique as well as learn more about Kin's whereabouts from the Kazekage, but both seemed unlikely now. With the Hokage and Tsuchikage taking their leave, along with possibly the Raikage, that just left two Kage from the major villages. The Kazekage seemed to be in his own world and the Mizukage likely had her hands full with a certain clown. At this point, the Summit was virtually over, so Kiro would have to take his leave as well assuming nothing else happened. Kiro planned to explore the village a bit and maybe get something to eat.

——————————
"Friends, you say? Can't say I'm surprised. In that case, Tomiko is indeed here. However, I don't know where she is at this time."

With that, Onoki got up from his seat as he appeared ready to leave. Kurotsuchi refrained a giggle as she saw the elder man was not much taller than the little boy. The Tsuchikage wouldn't take kindly to that realization. After all, he was already a bit disappointed with how this Summit had played out. Onoki briefly glared at the Mizukage, blaming her for this, before turning away.

"If that is all boy, then we'll be on our way."

With that Ay seemed satisfied, if for the moment though he'd be sure to have eyes on his cargo in case the Leaf tried anything funny. Regardless he moved to leave with Darui and Cee in toe as they had finished up their business.

"All things considered, went better than expected." Cee mused.

"The lack of broken tables could mean this was destined to be an improvement over last time." Darui added on as the Kumo reps made their leave.

----------
"I'm presuming Sagiso had the good sense to toss your weak game in the waste where it belongs?" Azumi said, her casual expression as she gathered her personal items and had not even glanced Zaku's way as Satoshi had taken a sip of some tea as he had a cheeky smirk at this interaction with his pupil.

"Oh, made a friend~?" Satoshi said cheeky as Azumi casually finished gathering her things.

"He's as much of one as lice are to hair." Azumi clarified to her sensei.

“Ahuh! Thanks a lot rock king!”

Kou turned around and headed out of the meeting with a smile on his face. He knew at least there was one person here he could meet up with. That was the strongest guy she looks up to right? Wow, he must be super strong. I wonder what he has that Tomiko doesn’t?

Hitting the streets, Kou looked about for any signs of her. There were many foreigners for sure as well as many natives. Gas masks, headbands, even a mechanical suit, but no Tomiko in sight. I think this is gonna take a little while...

“Hey, we actually had another fight about that, her and I. We just haven’t gotten to finish that yet.” Zaku shrugged. “Heh, last I recall you were a part of that first fight too. That means you were trying to marry me too. Don’t think I don’t know how these things work.”

Who does she think she is? Trying to fool me about it. To ask to fight is to ask to marry, everyone knows that. Psssht, maybe she’s afraid she’ll lose horribly on a 1v1. Heh! I don’t blame here. I wouldn’t even want to fight me.