• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Kou was taught to expect instant hostility, but though he expected the response, he couldn’t help but feel even smaller than he already was in the presence of the judgmental states of the powerful Kage. Mei directly talked to him in a somewhat calm tone of voice that seemed...domineering for some reason.

“O-Oh! Well Ms...I’m not sure what Kiro has done, but he’s actually already paid for it.” He rattled his brain for the info. “You see, he was in the leaf’s prisons before he broke out and fled to the Sound-“

Realizing Tsunade was still in the room and had little patience for him already, he winced, making a pain sound from his mouth.

“Oooh...and sorry about that by the way.” He directed toward the Hokage.

Zaku snorted, giving Kiro a look as if he were the class clown. Kiro was definitely a popular subject now, at least to two of the weirdos in the room. Heh, if I thought it would be this entertaining I would have prepared a script!

Mei

Mei loosened her brows and responded softly, trying to explain things in ways that even the child could understand "But breaking out of prison is also a crime, and so is defecting to another village" she pointed out before continuing, "If I stole from you and then paid it back to someone else would that be fair to you? How does Kiro staying in the Leaf's jail repay the Mist?"

The Mizukage rest her case after pointing out that the Child's argument first and foremost made no sense, Kiro could hardly have atoned to the Leaf for crimes against the Mist, and even if by some leap of logic that could apply, in breaking out of jail and defecting to the sound he had committed even more crimes.

"You've merely pointed out two more crimes he hasn't paid for."

It would appear the focus of this summit had been shifted to the Mist-born Uchiha. Kiro couldn’t say he was surprised by this. Especially not by the sorrowful gaze of the Mizukage. He could see the disappointment in her emerald green eyes. Mei was one of the few people he truly respected and Kiro would always be grateful for the generosity she had shown him. Unfortunately, he could no longer repay that kindness. Kiro knew he would have to confront her one day and that time was now. While Kou was really trying the best he could to explain how things played out, Kiro decided to provide some clarification real quick.

“If you would allow yourself to take my words into consideration, Lady Mizukage, I would like to make it clear that I once did intend on returning to what was my home. While it did take me awhile find the resolve to do so, I was prepared to pay for the crime of treason with my life. Unfortunately, the choice to return to the Mist itself was ultimately taken from my hands on that very same day. It was by rule of exile. I presume you know the one who judged this was Jin.”

Of course, Kiro spoke the name of the Yuki Clan Head with disdain ever so present in his voice, even dropping all honorifics. He’d never forgive that man. The disgraceful memory of the humiliation he endured at the foot of the Yuki Head was still frozen in his mind. Now if only he had the power enact revenge. If it wasn’t clear before, being present before all the monsters in this room showed that absolute power was necessary for any type of freedom in this world. There would be nothing he could do to any of them for now.

—————————​

“We do have multiple witnesses here that can prove whether or not the boy is telling the truth.”

Speaking up after the escaped prisoner, Tsunade referred to Jin and the Hinagiku, who she knew for certain had been present during that time. She had internally scoffed at the notion that the Leaf owed anything to the Mist. If anything, the Leaf deserved an apology from both Mei and Jin for bringing their problems on Konoha soil all those months ago. Had they taken Kiro back in the first place, the Leaf might not have been attacked again by Orochimaru. However, it was too late for that now and she couldn’t trust the Mist to be able to deal with the threat of the snake accordingly when they were already struggling with some supposed threat. Frankly, they seemed quite incompetent, especially with the lack of unity that there appeared to be between Mei and Jin.

“Assuming what the boy said is indeed fact, then that would mean the Mist no longer has any rights to him. Repayment will not be necessary in this case. Meaning it should come as no issue to you if we take the boy with us.”

Mei

"Exile...?"

At that Mei paused and frowned. Even Sho, who had remained quiet up to this point, showed visible surprise.

"Since when did the Yuki wield the power to exile Mist shinobi at their whims? What nonsense! Such a thing should've been confirmed with the Mist village, it would've then be set straight. I was given the report that Kiro had defected and the Yuki had to cow the Leaf into submission. Regardless, such an exile amounts to nothing but the wishful desires of someone stepping beyond their place. It isn't valid."

“That is where your wrong, Lady Mizukage.”

Jin spoke up. His demeanor appearing noticeably taller and rigid, like a bald eagle standing atop a snowy bluff. He glared into Mei’s eyes.

“The Yuki’s clan’s actions require no validation for the Mizukage at this time. The clans have the means to act on their own accord, so long as it does not harm the village as a whole. Need I remind you that this boy attempted to assassinate a foreign nation’s leadership. Unless you think that scum, or rather your pet project is worthy in our borders again?”

Putting the blame on Mei for her find interest in Kiro and how he ended up a colossal failure, Jin put her in a sleeper hold. Either abandon Kiro and fall in line, or show she put her personal feelings above the good of her people.

“Um...can I get a say?”

Kou piped up, adjusting the Kage hat on his head slightly due to the chilling aura that was exerted here.

“Well...not too long ago, I was on the streets. I was always that way. I didn’t have anyone looking after me...to treat me like I was worth something. Then the sound village found me. They treated me with nothing but warmth! I’m not sure what the village was about originally, but I know now it’s the village of seconds chances.”

he continued. “Look at Kiro! Sure he may or may not have done the things everyone says, but he’s someone new now! I’ve eaten with him and trained with him. Does what makes someone who they are only exist in the past? Or is it right here in front of us?”

Zaku crossed his arms, smirking, looking the other way. By sound village finding you, you mean ME finding you. Psssht, talking like a politician already.

Mei

"One of you almost got assassinated by a genin?" Mei threw a baffled look towards the Leaf corner of the room and dismissed the notion with a shake of her head.

"You're rather fond of making up rules, Jin." Leaving it at that, Mei all but clarified to Jin that just because he said so didn't make it true. "That isn't for you to decide."

"You don't seem very familiar with your circumstances boy," Mei coughed slightly, "Your leader, an S-Rank criminal responsible for the deaths of thousands, sent you with no protection to a meeting with the 5 people he attacked half a year ago. Anyone else would say he's sent you to your doom.

"Regardless, come here Kiro. You should know there's a limit to even my patience."

“A matter for you to accept for another time.”

Jin simply stated, not simply letting Mei go with an inch of room. Putting a hand up to block any movement toward the Mizukage, Jin directly stared at Kiro, telling him without any words that moving closer meant death. Kou, not understanding the hostility the two had for each other, elected to speak for the sound and for Kiro.

“Well, he’s not the one here. I am. And I don’t make the same choices as Uncle Orochimaru.” He said with a surprising amount of backbone. “I’m actually here to talk about something else. I’m here to talk about legitimizing our village as an actual power on the map. That means no more unprovoked attacks, no antagonizing. So um...I guess what I’m saying is... We’d like to be up here with all of you amazing people. That is...if you’ll have us.”

He gave a warm, albeit sheepish smile to the rest of the people in the room. He wanted to show everyone just how great the sound was. The world was full of imperfect people after all. Heck, everyone is imperfect. So should the sound be judged based on the actions of one person?

Ay could hardly contain his chuckle, it seemed that Mei was indeed having a struggling keeping control over her own people as this Jin seemed to exert quite a fair degree of will over Mist matters even as Mei tried to reign him in as the details of Kiro's little exploits caught his fancy. A genin ran an assassination attempt? Seems the Leaf really has grown soft as this meeting which Ay initially had dismissed as pointless seemed to bare fruit of pride least by comparison. But perhaps some useful info could be gathered from this beyond that...

"Before you attempt to lay claim on your boy toy Mizukage, I figure it is only fair I ask a few questions to our guests since they feel so special as to join our usually more reserved meeting and ask to be among our ranks..." Ay replied, even when he had spoken at an even tone it carried this firmness to it that just seemed a hair's trigger away from aggression.

Not that it had not spurred that kind of reaction from others, as Azumi glared daggers at the Kumo head for his dismissive attitude at the boy as well as to the smaller villages present but she felt a hand on her shoulder as one glance from Satoshi managed to keep her composed; or least, prevent her feelings from being shown to others as they observed the interaction.

"Given this group of concern seems to be after Jinchuriki, and your nation least by your accounts had a few on hand, perhaps you could clarify just what has become of them..." Ay asked, as really he cared more of just finding out where everything he had been. The possibility that one of the Bijuu he had obtained and sealed in that Yuriko girl was formerly of Oto's was not lost on them and if that other one had been in the wild or in the possession of another nation Oto could give direct clarity while the nation that may have had it would keep their lips sealed.

Kou was a bit taken off guard by Ay’s focus on the jinchuriki instead of direct focus on the proposition he spoke in front of everyone. And that took hours to rehearse. Sitting up as straight as he could, Kou responded.

“Oh! Well okay open and truthful communication IS the building blocks of village to village relationships. Ahem!”

Rattling his brain for information he was made to memorize, he snapped his fingers, or tried to as he put a finger up.

“Kin and Yukimaru. They were the only two jinchurki’s we had. Kin was um...she was-“

“A complete nutcase drenched in spice.” Zaku quipped.

“R-Right, that. And I think Yukimaru died last time he was out. And Kin’s body wasn’t found, and she didn’t come back here. So who knows what happened to her. Maybe she’s still somewhere in the land of water? Cant say for sure.”

As Mei made her vulture like move, Jin was quick to interrupt this.

“And that is not for you to decide.” He boldly claimed. “You cannot overturn what is already done.”

Ay seemed to nod along at the suggestion, this told him nothing but a guess of where the other might have been and a face with a name. It seemed they likely had the one named Yukimaru given Darui's report of finding a Bijuu fully released though where that Kin girl had been was another matter. Now then...

"Would it not be best to save such matters of exchange for after the meeting? I am sure whatever matters of rogue transport would be best saved for after this meeting..." A voice said as he suddenly had spoken up, the High Priest and representative of Ame as he decided he wanted to get on top of this situation before conflict had a chance to turn physical. Ame ninja who had been part of security prepared for anything though avoided a perception of outward aggression.

"I'd rather keep the struggle to the words least till this meeting concludes and you go about your ways." The High Priest explained as Azumi herself kept silent but waited to see how others took to that.

Kurotsuchi watched the proceedings with interested eyes. She had figured there would be entertainment, but not because of the boy who was humiliated in the semifinals of the last exam. Coincidentally, the girl who did that was also in attendance, standing as an aide beside the High Priest of Ame. Kiro didn’t appear to be much younger than her yet seemed important enough for almost all the Kage to discuss what to do with him. To be fair, at the age of only sixteen, she was already an elite jonin of her village. Perhaps Kiro was stronger than she was giving him credit for. The young criminal did seem like he would be a tougher opponent now and looked cute too.

‘I wonder how much of a fight he could really put up.’

Perhaps her Gramps would give her an opportunity to rough Kiro up if negotiations broke down between the two female Kage. Kurotsuchi wouldn’t mind beating the shit out of him. If she recalled, he was the same guy Tomiko fought as well. The girl then looked over to her grandpa to see that he had surprisingly been intently listening before speaking up himself.

“Even trying to assassinate one you Leaf buffoons too, eh? This boy does appear to have quite the extensive criminal record already at such a young age. He also seems to have some potential if we go by the lightning technique we all saw him use. The one that seemed similar to Unruly Ay’s signature technique. Even has possession of the pesky sharingan as well. Perhaps it might be wise to put a stop to that here. I’ve only seen a few familiar cases in all my years and all of them ended up on at least the top of the bingo book. If you two can’t come to a solid agreement, then I will.”

Onoki’s statement ended on a subtle threat. Whether or not that was clear would be understood eventually. This Summit seemed like it had been a waste of time for him personally. The only benefit was knowing that group was starting to make their move and the Mist was first. The clear schism between Mei and Jin also hadn’t gone unnoticed by him either. It was definitely something worth keeping an eye on. Hopefully, there would be more to discuss after this current situation was resolved.

————————

“Attempted assassination from what I know. I’d need some more details on that specific incident.” Tsunade responded to Mei as she glanced briefly at the Hyūga Head beside her. “In any case, I agree with Lord Tsuchikage here. That boy cannot be allowed to take a step outside this village freely. I cannot stress how imperative it is he doesn’t return to Orochimaru. I’ll even consider execution if that is what you would prefer. Unless you can guarantee he will remain securely imprisoned within four walls until Orochimaru is dealt with, I cannot in good faith allow him to return with you. However, the state of the Mist might be in more trouble than can for allow for that...”

The conflict between the Yuki Head and the Mizukage had been made abundantly clear to basically everyone in the room. Combined with the supposed threat that loomed over the Mist, a minor village like the Hidden Grass might even be more secure. At least they should be well prepared for a sudden attack, like from a giant rat for example. Speaking of which, Tsunade fixed her stern gaze on Kou. While the little boy was still very young, Orochimaru thought he could send him to chat with them. In that case, she’ll be a sweet Aunt and tell him some stories about his infamous Uncle.

“I don’t know what brainwashing Orochimaru has done to you, but maybe it would be wise to do some research on your so-called Uncle. For starters, I can say that he has kidnapped and experimented on hundreds of live children like you. Just imagine kids your age being taken away from their families and being tortured until they can no longer breathe. That is only a small idea of the cruelty of Orochimaru. If you don’t believe, ask your friend over there. Tell the child or do you even not know of his crimes, Zaku?”

————————​

The bickering that took place about him had been unexpected. While it was certainly amusing, Kiro was able to maintain a straight face. Though the Kage were all making claims as to who will be taking him, Kiro still remained calm. They could shout and threaten all they want, but he was still fairly confident they wouldn’t be able to touch him at all. Still, Kiro did respectfully respond to Mei after Kou had finished defending him once again. He’d have to thank the kindhearted boy later.

“I apologize Lady Mizukage, but this will be the first order of yours I’ll have to disobey. I’m not going back to being a prisoner nor will I submit to a great village again. Doesn’t seem like your Yuki pal over there would want me to return anyways. Maybe I would reconsider if you decided to melt that popsicle head of his off instead, but I know I’m not really in a position to make any demands.”

He made his statement while making sure not to make any unnecessary movements. Jin did make it clear with the raised hand that he’d probably kill Kiro if there was any movement. To be honest, Jin might just kill him for what he just said anyways. Unlike Mei, he figured the Yuki Head might not be able to control his temper as well. While that didn’t bother him as much as it should, Kiro did appear more agitated at the mention of Kin. The psychotic bitch Kiro knew her as was yet another person that he would gladly kill given the opportunity. Actually no. There was an opportunity in which he proceed to squander. The choice had been his alone. It was his fault that the blood of Kai had been spilled in the first place. The least Kiro could’ve done for Kai was kill her and he even failed to do that. Perhaps the whisper that had been in his ear would be laughing now.

‘Damnit! Well, at least I’ll get to hear what happened to that bitch straight from the Kazekage if he can finally open his damn mouth.’

"It is almost not worth taking a shower in this village, you get wet as soon as you step outside. But hey, it beats walking around muddied in a swamp." Mori talked to himself as he spun around on a stool of a local food stand. Whilst Ame was by no means home, the rain was a nice change of pace from the relentless sun and dust that constantly plagued Iwa. He didn't like the rain, it got very boring and annoying after spending five days in a swamp, but it was something else. He couldn't imagine growing up here though, the place was so dreary. Iwa was rugged and the people were pretty rough around the edges, but he grew up in a shinobi district and they were understandably not the nicest people around. Even so, the sun was always shining and the mountain range gave him a sense of security. This place was dark and dreary, and that giant lake did nothing to calm his nerves either. Letting out a sigh, he leaned back and rested his elbows on the wooden plank that functioned as a table as he looked out over the street in front of him. "The umbrella business must be making a fortune in this place, same with the hospitals. I wonder how common pneumonia is here?" The ramblings of a mad man, some would say. Mori wasn't mad though, or he wasn't aware that he was at the very least. He just wanted to fill the silence that surrounded him as he waited for his anko dango to be finished, plus it was a way for him to focus on something else than the finals. He made it, but there was no joy. Instead of the weightless feeling of joy, there was the weight of nervousness that kept him from flying.

He didn't show up for the previous Chunin Exams until it all went to Kingdom Come, and Tomiko had a nasty experience during those exams. Who was to say that nothing would happen during these exams? What if he didn't pass? What if Tomiko was met with another traumatic experience? Surely that was not the best motivation to keep going down the road she was going down right now. What am I thinking? Tomiko's tough as nails, she'll be fine.

When his dango arrived with a cup of green tea, the genin thanked the patron and began to eat his snack by himself. Tomiko was hanging out with Madoka and he didn't want to disturb them. A noble idea, but one that left him without any friends. Sure, this was Reaver's hometown, but he really did not want to wander around in a strange village during one of the most politically tense times. Tomiko's gang was back home, so that left....Yasu? He didn't really know the boy though, so he wasn't too keen on visiting him. Absentmindedly taking a sip of his tea, he quickly put down the cup and let out a muffled scream of pain. The tea was still too hot to drink.

-------

"Come on Kasumi, they'll love it!"

"Iwao, they are running a bakery. They can't afford to be away for so long."

As the couple bickered, they made their way through the slums and arrived at the bakery of Tomiko's parents. "I'm telling you honey, it will be fine. Just trust me."

"How are you going to prevent them from going bankrupt? How are you going to transport them? Have you put any thought in this at all?"

"I have set some money aside for them as a buffer and I have my summons, no? Now stop complaining and relax, our son and their daughter made it to the finals of the Chunin Exams! They have every right to be there, and I will carry them myself if I have to."

"You're a fool, you know that right? Can't believe I married you and decided to have a kid with you, sober might I add."

"Yeah yeah, shut up. You love me."

"You're lucky I do."

After the exchange between husband and wife, Iwao knocked on the door of the bakery. Hopefully they were home.

-----------------

Rain, it was something else than the snow and hail that were common around Kumo at this time of year. Dressed in a sweater and hooded cloak bought from a local store, Taji wandered around the streets of Ame. It was much better than walking around in a tank top and freezing, she'd learned her lesson back in Kumo. The rain wasn't the most pleasant feeling, but she'd felt worse and her bow was sealed away in a scroll to protect it against the water pouring down from the heavens. The problem with wearing a hood though was that she couldn't see quite as much as normal, so she lost sight of Aisha and Kenji. Letting out a sigh, she rolled her shoulders and looked around. She could probably use a sensory technique, but that would most likely backfire with the amount of ninja around here. In the best case scenario, she'd get a headache and in the worst case scenario she'd have a migraine that lasts multiple days. That was not something she could use at the moment. Thankfully, Sky and Luna left some noticable impressions on people. There were plenty of civillians talking about seeing wolves and sure enough, soon she saw two white wolves accompanied by her fellow Kumo-nin. They were not alone though, as there appeared to be someone with pink hair of all things. It was a color that hardly seemed natural, but no ninja would willingly dye their hair pink when their lifestyle relied on stealth more than anything.

Mei

Mei released a breathy sigh. It appeared everyone suddenly had the gall to challenge her authority. That wouldn't do.

"Shō, collect Kiro at the end of this meeting," she finally ordered, and then, turning to Tsunade, she scoffed "the Mist is hardly responsible for helping the Leaf keep its criminals in check. You haven't even paid us back for our assistance in your invasion. You should settle those debts owed to the Mist before you try and make any demands. Why would we imprison our own shinobi for you?

"Regardless, I've informed you of matters of import. Call it my good-will. If there's nothing else then I'll take my leave."

“By all means. Leave. The mist delegation will carry on in your absence.”

Jin wasn’t going anywhere. His defiance had large since grown since he had last had any sort of meeting with Mei. One could easily have determined they were both aiming for the Kage hat.

Whilst then when on, Kou had to stand to defend the sound’s sovereignty. Especially fro. Tsunade who had justifiably harsh feelings toward them.

“Well, do you have any evidence for that though? I mean, I know Orochimaru isn’t a saint, but he can’t have been that bad. Cause I haven’t seen anything like that and I’ve been living there. But yeah we can ask Zaku too, he’s been here longer than I have.”

“Psssht. The ones that get experimented on get to choose weather they go through with it or not. After all...”

Zaku revealed his implants, holding his hands up but close to his body. A steady air stream audibly coming from them like a hot kettle.

“Do I look unwilling to you?”

An audible sigh escaped the Kazekage's breath as he continued to listen to the petty squabble between the Mist and their former resident Kiro. Rasa has been listening closely to the information being discussed before the topic of the Rogue Mist Born Uchiha appeared to have derailed the meeting. "Everyone, if you don't mind I suggest you keep your personal problems to yourselves and settle it privately. Lady Mizukage, I assume you didn't call for a summit only to end up in a shouting match with a lesser nation and your own aid." He spoke in a blunt tone.

Speaking of said lesser nation, the Kazekage has also glared at Kou with a look of disapproval. "Is this some sort of a joke? What does that Snake intend on accomplishing by sending a child as his stand in?" He though to himself. "Is this his attempt at an insult? Comparing us to a child?" His brows furrowed.

Last edited:
Seems the Mist drama had been even more intense than expected, Mei's rather sudden declaration seemed to go against the formal spirit of this event though as one who never cared for presentation much Ay seemed to respect her stance even if Jin's constant cutting in questioned the power dynamic of the Mist. When it came to Oto Ay shared Mei's view that one needed not beat around the bush when it came to matters of their theft. Most importantly she got the info on those figures and this odd "black rain" which was all that needed to be shared as Ay would run this with his own men once they had returned home.

The Ame ninja seemed at the ready, though the High Priest was thankful this transaction least would be saved for the meeting's conclusion. Was not the smoothest thing ever but they had to be thankful enough conflict had remained merely verbal though Azumi continued to glare her way to all present.

Though as it seemed least Mei had finished her end of things Kou tried to argue in defense of Orochimaru make Ay glare the child's way once more as he found that bit laughable.

"If you need evidence of Orochimaru's crimes, if you truly cannot grasp it on your own, then you are too blind to even bother with that burden of proof..." Ay said as he dismissed Kou's remark and when the other attendant spoke up he merely chuckled. "A puppet doesn't need to be told their strings are being pulled for them. That's the beauty of it."

"Though, since Oto you claim to be been in a mood about starting a "new leaf" and want to be legitimate then certainly you'd have no qualms with payment for your previous actions on our soil. What better way to make a new step to cooperation than to make amends for previous sins." Ay said, as he figured this new attitude should be put to the test and perhaps Kumo would get something of use out of it.

“Go ahead then. Come show me how willing you are boy. You won’t.”

Tsunade spoke with a provocative tone, taunting the Sound ninja. Zaku could attack if he liked. The resulting aftermath would be on his head though and it won’t be pretty. She would consider healing Zaku, if only to pummel him again. Pain was a good instructor after all. It would be a good way to relieve herself of this pent up rage. However, the grin that had almost formed on her lips faded away when she heard the blasphemy that was then spewed from the mouth of the Mizukage.

“Debts?! What debts are you talking about? As far as I’m concerned, you should be paying us if you want that boy. Holding him for as long as we did put us in an unfortunate position recently. Perhaps I would accept a large sum of payment for the boy as well as the use of some of your shinobi free of charge. Does that sound reasonable? Assuming Orochimaru wants the boy, at the very least, he won’t be in our hands anymore. If you’re okay with that threat alongside everything else I’ve mentioned then you can take him. We can discuss the specifics later.”

—————————​

“Seems like the Slug Princess is feeling quite bold today. In any case, I’m interested in knowing what happened to those two jinchuriki sent by Orochimaru as well. One of them supposedly died and the other is missing. What do you think Kazekage? Your silence makes it seem as if you aren’t even concerned about the matters at hand here. It’s a wonder as to how the weakest of the great villages can still sit at this table with the rest of us. I can agree with the latter of your statement however.”

Onoki chuckled at the sight of Tsunade egging on the Sound brat. Then he went on to call out Rasa, who had been quiet up till this point. The Kazekage could be scheming something for all he knew. Maybe me knew something that they didn’t. Perhaps Onoki might get something out of his response. However, he still wanted to hear the rest of what Mei might have to say as well and the damn Uchiha brat was getting in the way of that.

“Maybe it will just be better to erase the boy. Perhaps that would solve all your problems and we can continue this Summit. In any case, before you take your leave Mei, why don’t you actually explain what exactly this mysterious being did to your village? Anything else you can tell us about them besides the black rain? Your defense can’t be weak enough to just let anyone through and the attack must’ve been quite severe for you to bring us all together like this. So spill it.”

Last edited:

Psssht, I may be a living weapon, but even I don’t pick on the elderly.

Zaku sneered at Tsunade, knowing she wanted him to try and blast her. Thankfully, he was told explicitly not to do that, as eager as he was. This whole meeting is a mess. Lord Orochimaru was right. They are a bunch of squawking buzzards.

Kou meanwhile tried to wade through the noise. His calm demeanor had begun to show some signs of stress as he tried to focus on just what Ay was saying.

“Um...I’m sure we can arrange something. I didn’t bring too much money on me, just a small sum to cover any small stuff. Maybe there’s another way we can help build our relations back up? Is there anything else you would want?”

Mei

"The debt owed for my assistance during your invasion, your predecessor gave his word, the Five Kage can bear witness."

The Mizukage wasn't surprised by Tsunade's ignorance. The Slug Princess could hardly be blamed for not keeping up with everything her predecessor had done before being forcefully removed from office. Regardless, Mei was generous enough to let the Godaime Hokage settle into her office before she collected dues. She, however, wasn't generous enough to entertain her wishful thinking.

"I didn't force you to hold him. Why should I pay for damages you incurred from your own actions? We'll naturally deal with whatever consequences arise. The only specifics we'll discuss is whether the Leaf intends to become an asylum for rogue shinobi."

With a measured harrumph, she turned to the Tsuchikage, "I've said all there is to know. The black water did the worst of the damage, then I engaged the assailant in combat. He was strong. A match for a Kage by my estimates; but, he fled after a single exchange." She idly inspected her nails, polishing them on her sleeve before continuing, "as the Yuki Head stated, he did pursue the demon single-handedly and the demon fled from him."

Despite her wish to fill her final sentence with mocking undertones, Mei kept her tone perfectly measured. The information they'd provided was true but somewhat contradictory and her corroboration with Jin's story would surely throw a wrench into the Tsuchikage's wild assumptions.

Last edited:
Ay naturally chose to focus on the one voice who addressed him, which was the matter he cared about regardless of whatever dept. Konoha owed the Mist or vice versa. The boy much to Darui's amusement seemed rather earnest in his pledge as he made comment on the money or lack of money he had on hand. Though when asked what he could do to make due on previous crimes Ay had been more than glad to clarify that to the child placed on the table.

"Blue B. was one of our finest shinobi and one I hold in high regard. The snake's attack not only led to a beast unleashed upon our people, but his life which is something I shall never forgive. Once this meeting concludes, we shall meet to discuss reparations you shall pay among them being information. Valued information, whatever you have on the snake and his actions and that will be the minimum. If you commit to that, then perhaps we of Kumo can rise beyond the lows of your previous leader and allow your nation to take a first step in a new direction." Ay said, as he outlined his conditions which had been clear enough though he kept whatever he'd ask beyond such info to himself as that would be reserved from a private meeting between the two nations.

That was, if they'd agree to his terms. If they had sense of preservation they would but Ay could not force the words out of the child's mouth. What he said and his party would decide his course.

“That’s what I thought.”

While she was unamused by his “elderly” comment, Tsunade had won her bet and subsequently dismissed Zaku from her thoughts. Instead, she turned to Ay for a moment, displeased with how his conversation with the toddler was progressing. At this rate, this debate with the Mizukage on who could take Kiro would end up pointless if the Raikage ended up coming to the defense of the Sound. They would have to come to decision fast in that case. However, there were not many things faster than Ay and Mei was not helping.

“Unfortunately, I can’t ask my predecessor about that so I’ll just have to trust your word Mizukage. Tell me what is the favor that is owed and I’ll consider it. As for the boy, rightfully, you owe the citizens of the Leaf for the damage caused by just the presence of your ninja, who we had to keep out of the hands of Orochimaru due his supposed exile by Lord Yuki. Mind you, his son even assaulted a few civilians according the reports I received. If you actually had control of those in your village, then perhaps Kiro would’ve already been back there. I could even ask why you didn’t pursue the boy sooner. You really seem intent on taking him back now, so where was this motivation before? If it wasn’t for the incident a few months back, I might have been more willing to return him to you for free. Unless you submit to Lord Yuki here and confirm the exile, the boy will remain a Mist ninja. Then as the Hokage, I can no longer return him without some form of payment or at least a guarantee that he will not be allowed to roam free. Assuming you choose not to execute him. Which might be the more safer option in all honesty.”

Tsunade glanced in the direction of the Tsuchikage, unwillingly admitting that his solution may be the best choice. Onoki couldn’t help but smirk by hearing that from the leader of the village the Stone had a long-running rivalry with. They should just eliminate the boy and be done with it. He wondered if Mei, or even Ay now, would agree to that. Not that their compliance really mattered to him. What did concern Onoki was the faulty response from Mei, which led to some growing suspicion.

“Your words seem to contradict themselves Mizukage. You did say they seemed to be hunting jinchuriki and possessed quite the troublesome jutsu. Perhaps even a kekkei genkai. Surely you couldn’t have gained only such a small amount of knowledge if they turned tail and scurried away after only trading one blow. You call them bold enough to directly attack the Mist yet they ran away apparently. How would you even know they were after the jinchuriki in the first place unless they actually faced it in combat? I’d also like to hope that the conclusion you really came to was not one that involved me. That would be rather disappointing.”

Last edited:

Mei

"If you haven't noticed, the Yuki are quite confused on who the Kage is; regardless, you chose to detain Mist shinobi of your own volition, the consequences of which are yours to bear. The Mist has no obligation to your citizens. Otherwise, the Leaf should be prepared to pay reparations to all the villages for the cost of the damages by your shinobi. Maybe if you actually had control of those in your village we wouldn't have had an S-ranked criminal run around with two Jinchuriki and attack us."

The Mizukage was deliberate in her efforts, dissecting Tsunade's proposal and deconstructing it. Their bid to keep Kiro out of Orochimaru's hands was for their own benefit and had nothing to do with the Mist, they could've turned him over if they'd wanted. The Mist would not be held accountable for that. The Slug Princess did mention something quite startling, however.

"The Leaf couldn't protect its citizens from a Yuki child? Then perhaps you should stop meddling in dangerous dealings, clearly, you aren't capable of handling them. Since you let the Yuki roam free even after all the insult done to you then I can only wonder at the state of your affairs. Being less vocal may prevent you from displaying your weaknesses to everyone. Of course, since the Yuki assaulted you so egregiously then I'm sure you have a score to settle with them. As you can see, they believe themselves above reproach, so you'll have to take your grievances to Jin. Of course, if you can't even settle the score with a mere clan who was in the wrong, then..."

She ended her last sentence with a chortle. She was more than happy to take advantage of Jin's outright insubordination and flagrant exultation to have the Yuki pay for their own problems. Of course, if Tsunade failed to do even that then Mei had no problems calling her bluff and then dismissing her threats as nothing but hot air.

"The most I'm willing to negotiate is calling it even. You owed us a favor, but I'll call it even on account of the care you showed our shinobi. That is already quite generous of me; push further and my next offer may not be as considerate. Regarding Kiro...the Mist has its own way of dealing with rogues, it pains my heart, but he will be detained. The details of which aren't your concern; but, rest assured that if Orochimaru is so bold as to assault the Mist, then he'll pay dearly.

"As for why now? The opportunity has presented itself, why not now?"

It really was as simple as that. Mei had been quite busy in recent months and didn't have time to spare with the Leaf on account of the near-revolution she was dealing with, but now that she could settle things in one fell swoop, why wouldn't she take the chance to?

"And Lord Tsuchikage, you would be prudent to avoid threatening Mist Shinobi in my presence. My words are nothing short of the facts, I only engaged the assailant for one exchange and they hadn't been particularly subtle about their intentions."

Hina

The Mizukages words and the debacle the Mist had displayed by airing their dirty laundry in public all but suggested that the Mizukage wanted to use the Leaf to 'kill with a borrowed knife'. She wanted to use the Leaf to punish the Yuki; but, it also implied that she wouldn't defend the clearly insubordinate Yuki if the Leaf decided to pursue a grudge.

It was an opportunity for the Leaf to squeeze out some more resources, ones they desperately needed to hasten their recovery, and it would also allow them to settle their personal gripes with the Yuki. It was a win-win for the Leaf and the Mizukage herself and the latter wouldn't even have to lift a finger. What a greedy woman.

Whether the Leaf accepted those conditions was another matter entirely, however. One that would be settled by their Kage. Accepting would be beneficial...if they were willing to swallow dancing to the Mizukage's tune and refusing would bring them back to an impasse.

Since the Mizukage had taken the chance to call the Leaf's capabilities into question then their response would ideally be a show of power and poise. With the Cloud openly negotiating with the Sound, it was beginning to look like the Leaf would walk away from this summit empty-handed and shamefaced unless they could squeeze something out of the Mist or the Sound...

Last edited:

“Oh! I had no idea...I’m sorry to hear that...”

blue bee? Uncle Orochimaru did that? Everyone has good in them... So maybe it was an accident. So I can pay it back here and then everyone is happy! I feel like I’m really making a difference here!

“Of course! We can talk about that for sure! Just got to...um...wait till the meeting is over and all. Say uh Sir Raikage. Do think we can have some protection? They keep talking about Steal Kiro this, kill Kiro that. I don’t like the sound of any of that...”

Zaku had mixed feelings on the matter. Kabuto really told Kou to tell him secrets of Orochimaru? Or was that Kou acting on his own? Either way wouldn’t make him comfortable.

“Overruled!”

Jin interrupted Mei, stomping down on the ground with a sound that mocked that of a hammer from a tribunal.

“You continue to pout and whine like a child, making a fool of us. If you won’t behave, stand aside, woman. Your choices have always been muddled in your own self concerns, never putting the mist first. Your inferiority to any clan head’s call brings shame on the term Kage. I shall take over representing the mist from here.”

Jin moved up closer to the table than Mei, wasting no time correcting the words she spoke.

“Keep the traitor. He is useless to us. We care not for trash that we had long since discarded. The only objective the mist delegation has at this time is tracking or preventing the Devil robed group from striking one of us unawares. We don’t agree on much, but we can all agree that is a considerable threat.”

"Find it shocking this one Uchiha has so much value..." Azumi muttered to herself, as between the Sannin and these world leaders it seemed Kiro became a more active topic than she had expected going into it, though this caused her sensei Satoshi to chuckle a bit as he glanced at his star pupil with a sly grin.

"Consider this a lesson in politics Azumi. Kiro himself is merely a token, and if the Mist is to lose him Mei merely wants to ensure she is compenetrated with a token in exchange of equal or greater value. It's not much about him, but what he represents." Satoshi explained as Azumi took this information into consideration just as Jin seemed to call for the attention of others on the table with his sudden outburst which got all eyes on the Yuki head though Ay's focus was but one intense glance.

"Agreed, there is a threat. But what is to be done about it? Identity about the figures seems to be a mystery so if any proactive measure on these cloaked threats is to be taken I am all ears for what you suggest." Ay said, though he had avoided Jin's gaze and rested his eyes on Mei herself. If she was the Mizukage, if her authority was not challenged by the Yuki than surely she'd have some idea of what is to be done at this stage.

Though Ay's attention shifted to Kou, who seemed to agree to his terms but asked for assurance of protection as these Kiro talks headed up as Ay's expression had not shifted in the slightest.

"If you desire for assurance of protection for the Mist traitor, then it will be taxed onto the compensation you owe Kumo. And it will have to be an enticing one..." Ay said, as he had little stake in the fate of Kiro and while aiding Oto as a principal had turned his stomach if he could get a useful fee out of it and if they had been truthful in Orochimaru not being aided to them by paying this growing fee then from a practical standpoint if it benefited Kumo then it least was a door to have open even if on a hypothetical plain. Especially given he'd possibly be in a hissy fit with Mei barring a compromise be made of Kiro.

“Simple.” Jin continued without skipping a beat. “We identify this woman. Odds are she hails from a village that has spawned ninja. Meaning one of the villages in this room. Considering she walks by demon’s side, she most likely is strong in her own right. Now, someone that strong in a village isn’t so easily forgotten. So I ask again... Who is this woman?”

He made the ice sculpture of the woman apparent again, the details refined as to encapsulate an accurate look on her. He had a hard time believing that no village, even the minor ones in this room had no idea or inking as to who she is.

Zaku meanwhile rolled his eyes internally at Ay’s demeanor. Who does he think we are? All this talk about peace and compensation is too dull. I say we should skip to the part where we start killin’ each other.

Sure! There’s plenty of room for that!” Kou beamed, just happy that Ay could give them some reprieve. “I’m sure we can find exactly what your looking for! Thanks a ton!”

Oi, Kid. Your starting to make me sick to my stomach...

“I can’t say the state of the Mist looks any better Mizukage. Judging by your conflict with the Yuki Head here, it won’t be surprising to see your village fall apart within the next few months. At the very least, I do have control over a majority my village. On the other hand, you seem unable to tell your aide to stand down. We can only guess why that is. In any case, the matter of that boy is settled then. Assuming you will keep your word that he will be detained somewhere secure.”

The Hokage had clearly taken offense to the words of Mei. Saying she couldn’t handle those in her village was quite ironic consider Mei couldn’t handle her own ninja. One of her very Mist shinobi appeared quite on the way to becoming another dangerous rogue shinobi like Orochimaru once was. It wasn’t like Tsunade was at the helm of the village when Orochimaru fled in the first place. Mei was not in any position to speak. This was why the only other point of hers that Tsunade would take on was the suggestion on the Yuki. They did seem to have taken the prominent role so the Hokage would respect that.

“Well then, Lord Yuki, if you’ll be representing the Mist, I assume you will take care of the payment as well then? Since Mei has agreed to at least detain the boy, the only thing that needs to be settled is how you will pay for that incident six months ago. Reckless endangerment and disturbance of the peace for starters. I’m sure if we came into your village and caused commotion over one of our own ninja, you would demand compensation. Assuming your exile does not stand, you left a Mist ninja in our village. Then we had to endure even more damage because of that. In a way, you could say we protected the Mist. Along with the previous crimes I mentioned, I do expect some form of payment in return. Further information on your mysterious attacker like any other skills would be useful. A specific rundown on what occurred from beginning to end as well. Like Onoki has mentioned, there is likely more than you are both not telling us.”

After Tsunade spoke, she took a good look at the ice sculpture that had been created. Apparently that was the partner of the one who had attacked their village. This only confirmed that the group came in pairs. However, none of her features looked familiar to Tsunade at all. She was quite certain that this specific woman was definitely not from the Leaf.

“As for that woman, I can’t say she rings a bell. Are you sure she isn’t from your village?”

Mei

Mei smiled non-committally. The Mist would see blood spilled in its borders one way or another. Since it was inevitable then she was in no rush to deny it. What she would deny, however...

"You would be mistaken to expect the Mist to oblige by any deals made by the Yuki individually. Wisely consider how you leverage your deals, or you'll find yourself handily duped."

The Mizukage had informed the other villages of the cloaked figures, but she wasn't exactly offering to help them prepare. She'd provided the information and that was enough for now. That being the case, she declined to get involved with the current discussion. Instead, she advised lightly, "Lord Raikage, I hope that deal you've made is worth my ire."

She wasn't sure what the Sound had to offer that could possibly be worth offending her, but the Raikage seemed generous and uncharacteristically calm. Perhaps his volatile personality was finally simmering down.

In any case, while the other parties in the room fussed over the black-cloaked figures, Mei singled out a few minor villages of interest to her and a few familiar faces. She turned to the trio of girls from Hasa, remembering the work the mercenary-like group of kunoichi had performed for her the year before. Slowly, a plan took form in her mind.

"You girls wouldn't mind engaging in another deal, would you?"

The virago of Hasa shifted, before Meihui finally spoke out, "That depends on what you have to offer, Lady Mizukage."

Rasa glared at Onoki as the old man questioned him about the whereabouts of the other Oto jinchuriku as well his snark remark about the Sand. "Just what are you suggesting, lord Tsuchikage? I'll tell you that I see no value in hiding any information." The Kazekage replied. "The 6 Tails Jinchuriki was recovered by our party during the 8 Tails incident, Pakura here was at the scene when it happened." Rasa explained while casting a glance towards his aid. "We currently have her within our custody."

When Jin suddenly stormed forward, Rasa shifted his eyes towards the Yuki head. The man held himself as if he was the Kage of his village. Nevertheless, the words he spoke carried a certain amount of value behind them. "While your aid appear to be unruly, lady Mizukage, he does bring up a fair topic. However, I do not recognize this woman you speak of."

Onoki had begrudgingly withheld from pressing Mei for more information on the cloaked attackers. It was clear she did not want to provide them with anymore information. Especially as the Summit had basically turned into the Kiro sweepstakes. To think she might have called this Summit only to provide them with incomplete information. While that thought annoyed Onoki somewhat, he did pick up something else of interest from Mei however. She had suddenly sought out another group. An unfamiliar minor village who she had apparently partnered with before. This piqued his interest.

“Another deal eh? And who might those girls be?”

Jin scoffed aloud at Tsunade’s bold request. Looking to her with contempt, the Yuki was quick to assert his own bold statements.

“Detain? Thank you? Absurd! We requested for hours for you to return his unrighteous detainment onto us, to which you denied again and again! To make matters worse, you detained my son along with him! If anything you should be paying us damages for your kidnapping! We will not have him back in the mist and you will never see payment for the damages you caused. May that be clear.”

Jin disregarded the outrageous idea of the leaf punching them in the gut and forcing them to pay for the pleasure of the fist. What he would pay a mind to however is the woman in question.

“Her ability is unknown. But it can be gathered she is above a standard jounin if she is comfortable riding alongside the demon. She seems to delight at the thought of violence, getting pleasure from it. But other than that, the demon had no need for her to contribute. What her may affinity is still lies a mystery. A mystery I am not eager to let to light on us.”

Crumbling the image of the woman into ice chunks, he gave a sinister thought.

“If she does however belong to one of us that aren’t speaking, it can be gathered that one knows of her existence, but refuses to tell. After all, how can a high class ninja all of a sudden disappear from the world without anyone knowing they vanished? That is, unless they are under the banner of a single village. That village remains unknown. But is for sure is that they operate covertly and organized. Organization and deliberate sieges on entire villages are hardly the acts of simple rogues.”

Meihui (Heavenly Knowledge Star | Third Star)

"We're Star Maidens, pleased to make your acquaintance Lord Tsuchikage."

The Knowledge Star was calm as she responded to the Tsuchikage, then her attention returned to Mei as she looked askance at the Mizukage. Hasa was not opposed to dealing with the other villages, but they would hardly do so at a disadvantage. Whatever the Mizukage was suggesting, it would need to be worthwhile.

For her part, Mei scribbled something into a slip of paper she pulled from her sleeves. Her movements were measured so that her sleeve would cover the message as she wrote.

"The details are here," she beckoned.

Looks exchanged between the three Star Maidens, and after a moment, the white-haired Majestic Star stepped forward, skirting around the room to receive the message.

“The six tails jinchuriki you say? It would appear I was mistaken about your status as the weakest among us. I’m sure you would share my belief that our Mist acquaintances here have occupied that spot now. Now they even have the gall to waste our time over that child who would be better off dead. Considering the brat murdered a promising shinobi of yours in cold blood during the exams, I’m sure you would agree with me.“

The genin Onoki referred to was none other than Hashima. She was the girl from Sunagakure who had been killed during the quarterfinals of the previous exam. All the Kage were present there so Rasa must’ve been quite displeased by that result. Especially that she had been killed by a shinobi from the Mist nonetheless. The same one in this room. He had to have at least been somewhat displeased by the presentation of the Mist during this Summit as well. Perhaps Rasa might be willing to share some more information if they shared the same views.

“Do you happen to know where the other jinchuriki of the Sound may have gone? Perhaps you can also provide me with some more details of what occurred there as the group I had sent retreated rather early.”

He questioned the Kazekage once more before responding to the apparent leader of the group of mysterious women.

“Star Maidens you say? I have yet to hear of a group by that name let alone a village. It appears you do have a close up relationship with the Mizukage though. Can I presume you have originated somewhere near the Land of Water?“

—————————​

“Denied?”

Tsunade looked quizzically at the Yuki Head.

“Well for one, the deal for the boy has already been confirmed by your supposed Mizukage. Talk that over with her. Two, I do in fact know that your son was only detained until they arrived back into the village. Then he was released. As for Kiro, you were denied his return?”

That hadn’t been the story Tsunade had heard. In that case, she’d have turn over to the only trustable witness in the room.

“Lady Hinagiku, is this true? Were they denied the boy?”

Last edited:

Hinagiku

"Both Kiro and the Yuki boy were detained after they were caught consorting with Orochimaru's agents. The latter was returned upon request but Kiro was further detained for interrogation as he'd been implanted with one of Orochimaru's curse marks. The Yuki were quick to invade the village with a small army, making a clamor and demanding that Kiro be turned over for them to deal with; but, they could hardly be trusted to maintain our village's security. Especially not with the gall they had to try and intimidate us."

The Hyūga Matriarch harrumphed coldly, "that we let invaders go free is grace enough. A bit too much for my tastes."

“We only intruded after you refused to turn over one of our own. Weather he collided with the terrorist is none of my concern. It would be a mist issue, not yours. You had no authority over what happens to our ninja, a come plate overstretch of your own authority in the matter. It was kidnapping. Simple as that.”

Jin waved his hand dismissively at Tsunade, showing that he cared little for her supposed deal.

“You made a deal with a woman that has found herself in a position of weakness. Deals go through me, not through her. So don’t you assume a deal exists where there are no grounds for one. The mist is strong and Mei falls behind as weak and feeble. Simple as that.”

"Depends how much you will press for this child. If I were you, I'd recognize a Genin is not worth crossing me over especially given I am one of the few to recognize your rule over the insubordinate. Though that depends on how they act so I'd reserve judgement..." Ay countered to Mei as his tone remained firm regardless of how the Yuki would have taken his comment as he faced the Oto side once more as Cee slipped a paper over to Oto's side before Ay would speak to the child "leader" and his youthful possy.

"First you will sign this as an agreement to my conditions and prove of acceptance before passing it back. Once this meeting concludes, we will discuss details of my conditions. And will will meet, if you wish to avoid more passionate retribution for your crimes against our people." Ay explained as Cee waited for the Oto rep to sign and be given the paper back for proof of signature.

Zaku arched a brow as the paper was given to their young Kage. He can’t be serious about all this, can he? Seems like some kind of paper trap waiting to happen.

Kou meanwhile had other concerns. He was very illiterate. It’s not like he was taught how to write in the the alleys and streets. Gulping, he motioned for Zaku to lend him an ear.

“Hey um...boss? How do I spell my name?” He whispered.

“...Your kidding.”

The silence was telling. Zaku, sighing made motions with his hands in front of the boy, lining them up with his words.

“K-O-U.” He motioned.

“That short? Well that’s a relief.”

Taking a feather from his hair, he stuck the tip of the feather in his sleeve. A snapping sound was heard within the sleeve before he brought it out, a covering of ink on the tip to present. Carefully, he slowly and diligently signed his name on the form. Each letter took about eight seconds, but eventually it was signed.

“There!” Kou beamed with the widest smile, acting very accomplished with himself.

"This doesn't feel legitimate..." Darui muttered so only Ay would here it as the later merely sighed but otherwise maintained his usual serious but gruff expression as Kou worked to slowly sign his three letter signature on the affirmation slip that Cee had taken back and presented before the Raikage who worked to ensure its validation before he address' Darui's comment with the same exclusive tone.

"He is the represented who was selected to come here. If Oto wants to cry fowl over it, that was their decision to leave these matters in the hand of a child..." Ay retorted in private as he seemed satisfied with it as he slipped the affirmation slip in his person. Now if Oto had attempted to back up of their deal to come once this meeting concluded Ay had all the justification he needed to take action against them before any relevant eyes of the world.

Azumi herself sweat dropped at Kou's rather uh "complicated" signature process as she wondered what possess Orochimaru or whoever was now in charge of Oto if he had no longer been among them (Which she doubted) to make this child the official delegate. Even if meant to be a joke or way to taunt the superpowers of the world, from their POV Kou's actions reflected on Oto so if any deal feel through it only seemed assured the nation and the Snake in kind would be met with destructive response. But again, there was a chance that Oto's stance was being honest with itself though Azumi had not been willing to hold breath over that.

The High Priest however just seemed relieved this meeting seemed to be all but over, though this dispute over the Uchiha among the Sound delegation remained at a deadlock. So the tension had still been in the air as they waited to see how this would resolve.

“No one was stopping you from taking action, were they Lady Hinagiku? I have to deal with this now because apparently none of you were willing to protect the dignity of our village without their Hokage. Am I wrong? No matter, there still may be a chance for you to make up for it.”

Perhaps do to her current frustration, Tsunade made it a point to call out that off handed remark made by Hinagiku. However, she didn’t mean any disrespect to the Hyūga Head. It was just that her comments somewhat contradicted what she knew had transpired. The Hyūga had been performing nearby, so out of everyone, they were in the best position to drive the Yuki out. As to why they did not, Tsunade didn’t know. What she did know was that the Yuki Head seemed unable to stop repeating how they refused to return the child. Which she knew to be false. Unfortunately, Hinagiku had failed to confirm that so she was now forced to turn to the only other witness she knew to be in the room.

“Answer this boy. Were you prevented from returning to the Mist?”

For a moment, Kiro was surprised the Hokage would be asking him for the truth. It seemed like even the Hyūga Head couldn’t prove anything against the likes of Jin. Which was unfortunate as Kiro had thought at least she would be able to stand up to the likes of that scum. Of course, Kiro couldn’t deny this opportunity to spite Jin then. He wouldn’t even have to lie to do so. Starting off with a somewhat respectful tone, Kiro then answered the Hokage.

“I suppose I can explain what transpired on my side then if that helps. After I had been detained and interrogated, I was then released from custody. After that, I didn’t really want to go back to the Mist so instead I did some sightseeing. I did get sidetracked for a bit because this huge rabbit I caught and was planning to cook got stolen by some kid. Had to chase him to his home in the slums and found an entire group of impoverished people living there. Ended up leaving the rabbit with them since they needed the food more than me. You guys should really look into that impoverished section of the village by the way. A “lowly criminal” like me shouldn’t be the one feeding your people. Doubt any of you would care with those mansions you all be living in though. Anyways, since I had given my meal for like the next two weeks away, I went to go eat ramen before Kai came to get me. I headed off first and I think the Hyūga were hosting some type of concert at that point. Like I remember they let some girl, who looked drunk, on stage but could surprisingly sing w—“

Before Kiro could continue his tale any further, he was interrupted by the sound of a hand smacking the table where the five Kage currently sat by. Fortunately, Tsunade had held back from destroying the table. At the very least, she did get what she wanted from that explanation. Seeing as the boy did recall the concert by the Hyūga, the timeline did seem to align as well.

“Okay, that’s enough of your damn rambling child! Anyways Lord Yuki, as you should have heard, not only did we release the boy, but also he was heading back to you. Perhaps a little more patience before storming in may have been wise while we the Leaf sorted out the matter. It should be clear now that we did not deny him from returning. As for Kiro being only your concern, it did become our issue when his assassination attempt was directed at one of our shinobi. Your supposed exile only occurred after the incident, but the crime had been while he was a Mist ninja. We held him in captivity for three months before his escape. Even if that exile still stands, the Mist should still pay for the remaining time on his sentence at least along with his crimes. If my child attacked someone in your village, I’d have to pay up, no?

“His involvement with Orochimaru also makes him a concern of the Leaf. While Kiro was a Mist ninja, his kekkei genkai originated from the Leaf. Meaning it is our problem as well as yours. Whether you understand this or not is none of my concern. I’m not asking. You will be paying compensation for you and your clan‘s actions against the Leaf.”

After taking a firm stance against the Yuki Head, Tsunade then turned to the now quieter Mizukage. It would appear as she had all but given in to the Yuki Head. That would be unless Mei was completely disregarding him altogether. Tsunade needed the Mizukage to reaffirm her position was before she could allow the boy to go back to the Mist.

“As for the boy, Mizukage, seeing you have yet to say a word against his claims, then can I assume the deal is no longer in place? Lord Yuki appears to have taken control of the representation for the Mist so while I would like to think otherwise, I must still know where you stand. There is no reason for me to hand over the boy if your side is unwilling to take him in the first place after all.”

Mei

"See for yourself." The Mizukage gestured towards the singular exit of the meeting room, where the Hōzuki Head was waiting patiently.

"We will collect Kiro at the end of the meeting, as I've said. I would hardly argue over empty claims with someone as headstrong as the Yuki Head. The information he chooses to divulge is his own choice and he seems awfully focused on the girl who's hardly a threat. The one to watch out for is the masked man who wields the black water and—funnily enough—Ice Release."

The mirth in her voice was evident but short-lived.

"You should be wary of misdirection," she pointed to the blue hat that represented the office of the Mizukage, "this is the proof of authority imbued by the Daimyo of the Land of Water. Wild claims could never compare to its authenticity."

Mei folded her arms with finality and shifted her gaze to address the Raikage.

"Lord Raikage, I won't stop you from exacting your toll for the damages done to your village; but, you may find more ire than is worthwhile if you persist further. Wouldn't you agree, Lady Hokage?"

The Mizukage's insinuations were clear. Even if the Raikage wanted to protect the sound—which was uncharacteristically generous of him—he would first need to consider whether he wished to draw the ire of both herself and the Hokage, neither of which intended to let the Sound go without exacting a price.