• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Mystery Dungeon Joint Missions! (Full!)

*sighs in relief and puts quite a bit of information*
Very interesting... A randomized semi-permanent moveset that could make or break someone.

I like it. It'll certainly add a twist to battles. My question is, how do you determine which moves are, for lack of a better word, chosen? I was reading the changelog, but only got a basic sense for that particular question.

I'm sure there's a little Munchlax that would be ecstatic to read this.
Ahhh, now you're making me think I didn't make that clear to him earlier. D''X Shame on me.

my munchlax is a storekeeper it on my character sheet
Oh, okay, you do know. I just wanted to make sure lol. You are totally allowed to have your own shop. : P

Very interesting... A randomized semi-permanent moveset that could make or break someone.

I like it. It'll certainly add a twist to battles. My question is, how do you determine which moves are, for lack of a better word, chosen? I was reading the changelog, but only got a basic sense for that particular question.

Well, I usually have my own generator that does that kind of stuff already and I might only post it to you privately since I can't be having everyone knowing his moves since it'll ruin the theme of mystery and the battle all together. (Now, it's up to Daniel if he wants to shuffle the moves and it'll kinda be like a free action. I also decided to not have it visually seen when his moves are shuffled in the RP anymore like before since it was often bunnied by troublemakers and stuff.)

As an additional note, I should not need to state this, but PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT bunny my Ditto! (Especially if he's transformed. You do not go around saying he's a Ditto if he's transformed since there would be almost no way to know it at first! It's not see through disguises simulator 2003 kids. Now, back to the topic of the discussion after that brief statement...)

I figured it was a generator of some sort. : P And nah, I won't need to see it every time you use it. You seem like you have a lot of experience behind you as an RP'er, so I trust you. ♥

Also, yeah, that goes without saying. What we know as people, we do not know as our characters. : O

Well alright, got it. The generator is something that I coded for a lovely game I've been making for about a year alone now, and I'll only be giving Daniel the balanced version that only allows him to shuffle once and not being able undo and stuff. (Because undoing is extremely exploitable to where he could keep doing it on his turn until he got a powerful move like Hyper Beam for example.)

I'm just having to explain the last part again because there's too many people that have bunnied my Ditto because of THIS. (Seriously, it's transformed... did ya not bother to take ONE MINUTE to read the text or what?)

@Aquaman neat mechanic! I'm curious, since Daniel's a shiny, is that a trait (like Shade's ear) that carries over into his transformations? For example, if he were to change into a Bulbasaur, would it be a shiny Bulbasaur, etc.?

The shiny thing does not carry over about 95% of the time in transformations since that usually brings attention to himself. (Even then, he could get some details wrong in the process of transforming since he's not perfect... though that's not usually visual since I don't want people just outright spotting out a Ditto and that it would require more of an analysis instead of a kid trying to act out a Sherlock Holmes chapter in hopes of solving something that would take at least ten times more pages than a troublemaker's part.

*Aquaman could be seen talking with Toadman about some matters, as they place an external scrambler to deter any eavesdroppers*

I can't wait for the RP to start, and have the turn orders been placed yet?

Oh, alright... so I suppose I got plenty of time to prepare then since I'm like near the last or even in that position then...

*Aquaman tries so hard to think about the positives of this kind of format, as his operator thinks if they should modify his MindProg to reduce his pessimistic views on everything*

Oh, I thought I was last since I thought the reserved slot didn't count... so I suppose this is interesting then.

I also kinda forgot to state this since I was a bit vague, but aside from Daniel not being able to transform into legendary Pokémon for obvious reasons, he also cannot transform into bigger and even evolved Pokémon here. (I.e Heatmor due to its size and Marshstomp since it's evolved and more complex in terms of transformation.)

Oh goodie... so missions HAVE to be done with a partner at least... I suppose Daniel's got a trick for this one hehe. c:

I'll be waiting for the next person to post and then I'll post I suppose if that's the case then.

@Aquaman
Yeah, I figured it would be an interesting twist.

Now, there's something to be said about not following the rules... and making sure you don't get caught. : P Also, basic exploring doesn't require a partner, since you're not on official guild business.

Count me out as well please. Not to give me a bad name or anything, but I'm not exactly one to do 6 paragraph posts. Or do things in turns, it just isn't my style.