• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed MY HERO ACADEMIA DISSCUSSION!

Okay, I've been sent by Ziru to inform some of you guys to lower your scores. Here's a couple of quotes from Ziru that I can't put in quotes from a conversation page.

"Guys? Can you tell @Top_Smug_ to lower the amount of his points to 49 or lower? My browser, is running really slow..."

"My browser is running slow, please tell them. For some reason, I can only post in conversations. This browser has something wrong, trust me."

Hey, @ZiruDeathLord @9012_dirt , I'd hate to be that complainer, but something doesn't sit all that well with me about Maddox's quirk.

I posted first, and even though quirks are usually supposed to be one-of-a-kind according to each person, I don't mind that Maddox has the same quirk as my character does. Its just that I am following the actual created Quirk, while 9012 seems to have the same ability, just a lot stronger and without as much restrictions. (such as the copying any quirk he sees opposing to the original requirement to touch, and being able to copy multiple for a couple of days, etc). It just seems a bit OP to me.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I can sort of understand that. But my opinion is way more bias and illogical, in my eyes any copying is op unless the limit is balanced to its power. But I think your version is fine

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Why do you complain about every quirk, your quirk doesn't hurt you from copying things. It's like a tradeoff, Maddox's quirk is easier to use, but it hurts him when he does so.

I know, I'm sorry for complaining ;_;
I'm just a fan of the series, and believe the RP should be based off fair regulations. I mean, his character is on the same level as mine, with the same exact quirk - but stronger and without hardly any limitations. I'm not sure if you read mine, but the actual Copy Quirk that I used has multiple limitations, including physical exhaustion and a shorter time limit. I didn't rip a quirk and change it up to be more convenient for my character.

Thats just weird to me, and a bit unfair.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Being a "fan of the series" means nothing. He was accepted and other people think his quirk is fair. I've read every chapter of the manga that is currently out 3 times, and seen every episode of the anime that is currently out multiple times. You could say I'm a fan of the series too, but that doesn't mean I get to tell people to change their quirks or complain about them. Also, going back to when you said Jei's quirk was "too fantasy and not fit for Boku no Hero" THERE IS A DRAGON TRANSFORMATION QUIRK IN THE SERIES!

Yes, which was my bad because I have not read the manga. My mistake. And Cosmic agrees with my statement, and i'm sure not everyone has read their character bio, so you have no idea whether "everyone" thinks it's fine. I'm just bringing it to Ziru's attention in case they missed the comparison. In no way am I asking 9012 to change their character 's ability to anything else - simply figuring out if a reasonable compromise can be met.

That's simply like someone coming along and making a character with that your own Accuracy quirk - but can have perfect aim and conjure up their own weapons whenever they want, and only getting tired after doing it too much. I'm sure you wouldn't be too happy about that either.

Either way, you need to calm down, because no one asked you to join in on the conversation anyways. This doesn't concern you at all.

Maddox is a character that I've used in previous MHA RP's so I can assure you that he was not copied off of your character. I can alter/add more restrictions to his quirk if you really do find it too over-powered as I don't mind doing something but I'm not sure what to change about it. #1 he can only use the abilities he's seen for the amount of time he's studied it for, hence why he watches videos and such before a match, and it does hurt him physically but he's trained his body to withstand a lot more than the average human and he just has a high tolerance for pain. I'd like to make the RP as fun as possible for everyone however I'm not going to change his quirk because one person thinks it's too 'similar' to theirs. I can make him have a limit on the capacity of move he can memorize at any given point, but that will probably be too hard for me to keep track of.

But please don't tell people they 'are not part of a conversation' when we are having the conversation inside a public thread.

Okay, I can see this is gonna be trouble so I'll at least make an effort to stop this.

Come on guys, there's no reason to fight. We are all friends here.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
It does though, this is a roleplay I'm a part of. Problems with it concern me greatly because I love the series so much and I want this roleplay to succeed. I do hope that you two can reach an agreement, however asking him to just change the quirk is a little much...

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Neither I should be a part. Also I agree that I think your quirk is balanced, but I never said anything about 9012's nor do I wish to.

Yeah, and I respect that, @9012_dirt. I see it's more like the creation quirk mixed with copy. which is cool! I wasn't trying to frame you for copying me, lmao.

Just saying that it's a bit weird that you changed up a cannon quirk to be easier to use and more powerful, especially for a beginner in RP.

(It's a really creative idea, though, and I do like it in a creative writing aspect. So props!)

What do you mean by it's like the creation quirk? It's possible that I wrote something that wasn't clear enough, but I don't recall him being able to create things. And yes I do see your point at him being a beginner but taking Shouto or Bakugou for example- at the exams he wasn't exactly beginner level... in the future I'll try to take his power level down a notch or two

Hmm... never thought of it that way. It does kinda work like a creation quirk yet instead of creating things, he can create actions and movement. You guys know my own character better than me XD, does that seem overpowered to you though? Honestly I don't see a problem but then again I'm obviously really biased

It can be overpowered if you write it a certain way. So long as your character has balance (Physical and/or mental weaknesses/drawbacks) that actually affect performance than it should be fine.

ah, yes as Godjacob mentioned I meant in more the way that he has to study things in order to copy/use them efficiently.

and alright! Yeah please just keep it in mind. I wasnt trying to complain about you directly or even your role playing style, just thought the differences in ability/convenience of the two quirks, even though they're the same, was odd. But if you say that you'll be more mindful in fairness, then I trust your word :up:

thanks for being cool about it, it was just something I was concerned about

Yep, and in case you missed it before as he rounded off his last bot he not only broke his ankle but was significantly slower in his attacks, his attacks also are very sloppy if he rushes through 'studying' them. I'll make his weaknesses more apparent as the RP goes on though. Thanks for the input!

Name: Lucas Connely
Personality: He is a rather calm and collected individual. He doesn't get flustered all that often and his commonly trying to push boundaries. He tries to look for alternatives to fighting but will do if no other choice.
Appearance: He has black hair and dark blue eyes, he is 6"2 and is rather built muscle wise. He has dark blue tattoos that go from his chest to his hands. They glow whenever he uses his quirk. When he's not wearing his uniform, he wears a sleeveless vest with black jeans. He has a parka jacket but takes it off when he needs to fight or be active or his just inside a lot.
Dislikes: Winter, villains, teacher's pets and cockiness
Quirk: Pulse Charge - He charges up by putting his palms together and his tattoos start to glow immensely. Depending on his hand movements he can do things that can range from temporary enhanced speed, autokinesis etc
Other:

Is it currently the entry exam atm? Can my character be in the school via recommendation like Todoroki? It would explain why he wasn't in the entry exam.