• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Missingno. im studing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please ignore me UNLESS you have nothin' better to do.

I've been on YouTube lately, and I've been on Bulbapedia in the past. People who use YouTube, have cheated to see Missingno, (e.g. ruby, saphire and emerald have Missingno, but can't be accessed without gameshark) but we all know the REAL Missingno doesn't need gameshark, just fly and surf, and the old man (dunno why sayin' this,) BUT HOW THE HELL DO I GET BLUE/RED? Amazon? can't, cause I'm saving for a £20 yu-gi-oh card. Cheap shops? Not allowed out unless I have more than more than £40 pound. And the fact ya can't get it anymore! I want Missingno. Real bad. If I don't get it, I'll kill someone. (points two hands at Ash)

P.S. i dint have gameshark.
P.S.S. I refuse to use a VBA.
P.S.S.S.I'm getting Slifer the Sky Dragon to stuff my lil bro.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
You know, I'll talk to your brother first, but I may just be able to help you out with this...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I find the whole 'the REAL Missingno' comment to be amusing, as Missingno isn't a real PokéMon.

Missingno. is just what it is. Missing Number. It is an error/glitch caused by faulty coding in the original versions. Originally, PokéMon encounter rates weren't pre-programmed in on a per-route basis, but rather they were set the moment you stepped ONTO a map. The Cinnabar beach area (where you could surf half on land and half on water) wasn't programmed in as part of any route - and so didn't have encounter rates of its own, and therefore used the encounter rates of the area set before it.

A well-known trick for the capture of Safari Zone PokéMon was similar to the Missingno. glitch, and involved flying out of the safari zone into Cinnabar and doing the whole surfing thing. The encounter rates set to the game were still the ones in the safari zone, so you'd run into Safari Zone PokéMon.

The old man reset the encounter rates to, well, nothing. Nothing - a number that doesn't exist - Missingno. The other bits of glitchy coding... Hell only knows. >>

That's what I remember anyway... >>

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

I've been on YouTube lately, and I've been on Bulbapedia in the past. People who use YouTube, have cheated to see Missingno, (e.g. ruby, saphire and emerald have missingno, but can't be acsessed without gameshark) but we all know the REAL missingno doesn't need gameshark, just fly and surf, and the old man (dunno why sayin' this,) BUT HOW THE HELL DO I GET BLUE/RED? Amazon? can't, cause im saving for a £20 yu-gi-oh card. Cheap shops? Not allowed out unless I have more than more than £40 pound. And the fact ya can't get it anymore! I want Missingno. Real bad. If I don't get it, i'll kill someone. (points two hands at Ash)

P.S. i dont have gameshark.

I still have my copy of Pokemon Red you know... >_>

I'll sort this out IRL. :p

I still have my copy of Pokemon Red you know... >_>

me 2 and it actually works.
[quote author=StellarWind link=topic=1381.msg12807#msg12807 date=1173898104]
I find the whole 'the REAL Missingno' comment to be amusing, as Missingno isn't a real PokéMon.
[/quote]

he isnt but hes in the game. but how do u get him without a gameshark?

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked on youtube, and, guess what! Ruby, Saphhire, and Emerald's Missing Number is either a black circle with a question mark on it.(empty space in Pokedex) or, 2 white question marks(??)Which requires a gameshark!(dunno what code) Also, something unrelated, on Google Video, i seen a Mew evolving in Ruby. The person who put it on attmided he used gameshark, but just to get Mew!

P.S. I checked this morning, and this should be in game chat. sorry.

Evolving Mew: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7338152784915618769&q=mew+glitch(gamesharked)
Missingno in Emerald:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIahqPyRuIA

G

Ghost Master

I've been on YouTube lately, and I've been on Bulbapedia in the past. People who use YouTube, have cheated to see Missingno, (e.g. ruby, saphire and emerald have Missingno, but can't be accessed without gameshark) but we all know the REAL Missingno doesn't need gameshark, just fly and surf, and the old man (dunno why sayin' this,) BUT HOW THE HELL DO I GET BLUE/RED? Amazon? can't, cause I'm saving for a £20 yu-gi-oh card. Cheap shops? Not allowed out unless I have more than more than £40 pound. And the fact ya can't get it anymore! I want Missingno. Real bad. If I don't get it, I'll kill someone. (points two hands at Ash)

P.S. i dint have gameshark.
I have been on youtube too.Lots of videos on him.Well,the only way to get red and blue is like ebay...Sorry!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Holy shit. This thread is like a fucking -YEAR OLD-. That's some serious grave digging, buster.

Locked, Warned. And YOU - Read the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.