• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed MHA: The Heroes of Tomorrow Discussion

Btw sorry if it's late but I'd like to avoid the time manipulation stuff. Like I'm fine with limited area of effect time manipulation effects (still op but for a very very very VERY strong villain it would be fine I guess) but just going back in time and changing stuff is... absurd, and that's being generous. The complications that such a power could have are a lot and it's just overall impossible to pull off correctly, as the nature itself of the power is paradoxal unless you make your OC to be a literal God.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Yeah, he was just pretending to be a wimp so you'd be surprised when you found out he was actually a player (I didn't know what to respond with) and yeah I agree with Satokuye on that one

Btw sorry if it's late but I'd like to avoid the time manipulation stuff. Like I'm fine with limited area of effect time manipulation effects (still op but for a very very very VERY strong villain it would be fine I guess) but just going back in time and changing stuff is... absurd, and that's being generous. The complications that such a power could have are a lot and it's just overall impossible to pull off correctly, as the nature itself of the power is paradoxal unless you make your OC to be a literal God.
if my character was a god, would a god throw up blood and have a limit of only using there ability twice and anymore they would die? I don’t think so

if my character was a god, would a god throw up blood and have a limit of only using there ability twice and anymore they would die? I don’t think so
and does you character have the probability of dieing 90% of the day? And does your character have to die if you use a reverse magic spell, basically what I’m saying is she’s weak, there is no god in this world, she’s not as strong as you think she is. She doesn’t have a skill that can affect herself either, so if she take any hits she dies instantly meaning she is a weak character It’s as simple as that, if the wolf slashed her she would be dead

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, because going back in time would mean literally breaking the laws of physics. Ok, we're in a universe were people can start fires with a snap of their fingers or freeze someone with a stare, but most (if not all) these quirks work according to our universe's laws, as in: yes, they're supernatural abilities, but fire is still fire and it can be put out, explosions are still explosions and they hurt you (see Bakugo).
A time controlling quirk would mean literally ripping apart the timespace, meaning that your OC can control the entire universe. Even if we're being generous and pretending she only controls a tiny bit of the universe, that's still a power infinitely more times greater than anything any character has ever done. Even if we somehow ignore that, it would still mean that your OC is a being that lives on it's own dimension, being able to come back in time and change things depending on how she feels like and she's the only one that remembers it. Yes, she can't spam that (thankfully) but just being able to do it once makes her tremendously broken, or god-like. The fact that she coughs blood is literally nothing compared to the almost all-mighty power that she has, and the fact that it can only use it twice or she dies makes no sense as it has no connection whatsoever to the power. Why twice? Max has a quirk based on water, therefore he gets weaker if he's not wet. Makes sense right? Why does your quirk work like that though? It has to have something behind it, in my opinion.
All this aside, time travels usually have one rule: don't change the past. And that's what your OC apparently does. Read about the butterfly effect.
Still, if people are fine with it, I guess we can work around it, but yeah, I don't like the idea.

Yes, because going back in time would mean literally breaking the laws of physics. Ok, we're in a universe were people can start fires with a snap of their fingers or freeze someone with a stare, but most (if not all) these quirks work according to our universe's laws, as in: yes, they're supernatural abilities, but fire is still fire and it can be put out, explosions are still explosions and they hurt you (see Bakugo).
A time controlling quirk would mean literally ripping apart the timespace, meaning that your OC can control the entire universe. Even if we're being generous and pretending she only controls a tiny bit of the universe, that's still a power infinitely more times greater than anything any character has ever done. Even if we somehow ignore that, it would still mean that your OC is a being that lives on it's own dimension, being able to come back in time and change things depending on how she feels like and she's the only one that remembers it. Yes, she can't spam that (thankfully) but just being able to do it once makes her tremendously broken, or god-like. The fact that she coughs blood is literally nothing compared to the almost all-mighty power that she has, and the fact that it can only use it twice or she dies makes no sense as it has no connection whatsoever to the power. Why twice? Max has a quirk based on water, therefore he gets weaker if he's not wet. Makes sense right? Why does your quirk work like that though? It has to have something behind it, in my opinion.
All this aside, time travels usually have one rule: don't change the past. And that's what your OC apparently does. Read about the butterfly effect.
Still, if people are fine with it, I guess we can work around it, but yeah, I don't like the idea.
*sigh* you guys amaze me

No I'm not, where did I say that? I'm saying that the power is incredibly broken even if it's a one-time use power, that the implications it carries are huge (your OC being an entity outside this dimension which is able to control the entire universe, for example) and the drawbacks are badly designed as they have no connection whatsoever to the power. Plus, forgot to say it in the other post, it would create a paradox (as almost all time travels would tbh).

Jayblade

I do understand where Satokuye is coming from, even if you can't infinitely use it still could be classed as op to some people, I'm not trying to be a dick

Yeah I'm not trying to be rude either, but the time power is not handled well, and I think the whole "return back in time and change things" stuff should not be there. This doesnt mean that it cant be reworked to be better; theres plenty of character with balanced time-controlling powers (think of the Wizard Emperor from Black Clover).
DON'T GOOGLE IT IF YOU ARE NOT READING THE MANGA, SPOILERS IN THE WIKI

No I'm not, where did I say that? I'm saying that the power is incredibly broken even if it's a one-time use power, that the implications it carries are huge (your OC being an entity outside this dimension which is able to control the entire universe, for example) and the drawbacks are badly designed as they have no connection whatsoever to the power. Plus, forgot to say it in the other post, it would create a paradox (as almost all time travels would tbh).
why do the drawbacks matter? You die either way that’s just how life works

Yeah I'm not trying to be rude either, but the time power is not handled well, and I think the whole "return back in time and change things" stuff should not be there. This doesnt mean that it cant be reworked to be better; theres plenty of character with balanced time-controlling powers (think of the Wizard Emperor from Black Clover).
I have never seen that anime before :T

I'm absolutely lost. My sister has to go back-to-school shopping (the day before class begins) so I have the rest of the day to myself and I have absolutely no idea what's happening. What'd I miss?

Well because drawbacks to quirks are MHA 101, that's what makes it beautiful I think, that any power has it's side effects. Still, it dies anyway, cool, but not before changing history. It really confuses me how you can't seem to comprehend the incredibly huge problems this creates.
Still, if I'd have to explain it extremely shortly, it's a power that is unstoppable, it offers no counterplay at all, it's on it's own league, the user may die but it can still change the history of the entire world.

Jayblade

Basically Kirishima came to the school and handed the students letter about the dorms, and some of them left to go home, you haven't missed much. I wouldn't say he's trying to smash her (yeah he's totally trying to smash her)