• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join MHA/BNHA RP: An All In War Discussion Thread

sSoul

Previously Swirled
The reason U. A still exists is because that all Nomu are essentially mindless beings, while they do pose a threat, it takes them a while to learn how to properly use One for All before they can do any real damage. The LoV(League of Villains), have sped up production rate of Nomu, meaning they are simply winning by strength in numbers. Also, I would say that it is a little early to judge how the students are being taught, after the physical assessment test, we will go right to how to improve quirks and combat amongst students. Also, there will be no real trips as the school cannot risk the student's being transported outside the safety of the school. Anything else I missed?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
If I may make an observation?

You say that "Also, there will be no real trips as the school cannot risk the student's being transported outside the safety of the school". However, as Rex pointed out, "@Mr.Glaceon, @Manu456Alola, and myself begin our posts establishing that we are trapped in UA, while @SoulDemon, @Kyle From Hoenn, @_Ziruminous, and @xXAuraPlayzXx all begin with them outside school grounds. @_Ziruminous's post outright places Sora, Kayro, and Katsumi at the school gate even though neither @SoulDemon, @Mr.Glaceon, nor @Kyle From Hoenn ever said as much, but this still represents the first time an attempt is made at placing characters in relation to one another and the school campus."

So, which is it? If it's not safe for these kids to be outside the school - what are these people doing outside the school already? You've effectively contradicted yourself. Further points brought up seem to indicate an awful lot of consistency issues, which is something that our rules actually directly address - quoting the exact specific part.

"Continuity matters - "I could have sworn that table was on the left side five seconds ago."

When you write an RP post, you are writing a story in collaboration with several other people. As such it is extremely important to be mindful of your surroundings and of the actions of other characters to keep a solid, flowing continuity and avoid general confusion. Simply put: we don't want rooms spontaneously shifting into forests or characters randomly shifting appearance/locations because someone got too lazy to read other people's posts."

Also, here's another thing that a lot of entry-level RPers seem to fail to grasp. Forum RPs are not, and are not meant to be, instantaneous. That's what chat RPs are for, and this certainly isn't one. In being overzealous to respond rapidly, you're ending up sabotaging yourselves - both because you're leaving other RPers behind and because you're producing short, vague posts that leave other RPers with nothing to go on (and while our rules emphasize the need to give other RPers something to go on when STARTING an RP thread - the same very much applies to when the thread is already ongoing). Remember that a guiding principle in writing ANYTHING on a forum - not just RP posts - should be quality over quantity. This isn't a chat room where you spam replies as they pop into your brain and only make a cursory attempt at a paragraph because you know one-liners would get you armbladed. Slow down. Write posts that give people something to interact with and actually write posts that give other RPers some insight into what your characters are like, what you're doing, how they're responding to the situation around them - and for that matter, what is the situation around them right now. Not the big picture. Not whatever you bludgeoned the source material into to provide Extra Edge to your story - that's important too, but less relevant to the situation you're facing at the moment.

Honestly, the biggest issue here - and watching this particular bit of the discussion unfold shows the problem exists not only in the RP thread itself but also in the discussion thread - is that none of you people are actually listening to each other.

And you simply can't have that in an RP as the result is an incongruent mess.

No rules have been technically broken here, so I'm not going to shut you down or anything like that, but if this RP continues the way it has been going I strongly suspect it's going to deteriorate even further (unless the usual happens and half of you drift off to the next shiny thing and leave another rotting corpse of an RP cluttering the boards). Keep that in mind and start communicating, for Freya's sake. I shouldn't need to be coming all the way here to tell you this.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Gg Stellar, GG
I have a feeling that everyone here is gonna take a while to recover or is a afraid to post so I might as well just boost everyone else's confidence and post for those are shy too.

And I also question. Would anyone else like to elaborate on the plot idea to make sure it's full proof and there are no holes in our idea?

Rex

Resident Furry
Again, we are not talking about the synopsis of the RP. That is not what is at question here. However, since you asked, I do have some problems with the plot thread as we've currently seen it. The biggest one is, you're treating this as if it was a normal school situation. Discounting @xXAuraPlayzXx's ignored attempts at doing something different, the plot so far has largely been a beat by beat copy of the anime, but instead of starting with the entrance exam, it started with the first day of school.

Again, multiple RPers started the thread outside the school despite the supposed overrunning of Japan by the Nomu. @Spoiled Bread is correct to point out that, despite the emergency situation, the school is being run as normal. How long ago did the Nomu rampage begin? How long have the students been living at UA? When were the dorms built? @_Ziruminous has forced us onto a track where we've just begun school, and doing the fitness test, but they are neither @SoulDemon nor @Kyle From Hoenn and thus should not have the authority to do that. It was never even determined what part of the school year we're currently in.

If we're just starting the school year, what were our characters doing beforehand? If the Nomu outbreak is new, then the dorms have no reason to exist yet. If the Nomu outbreak is old, how did we survive it before managing to come to the school, if it's too dangerous to be outside even as a large group? Due to the OP's lack of detail, I was forced to assume that we'd been at the school for some time, that the Nomu attacks only began after the school year got underway, and the dorms were built and the students moved in after the attacks started but before they got bad enough to make going outside impossible. Now all of that has been contradicted by effectively one user, who, again shouldn't have had that ability to begin with.

Likewise, it makes no sense that Aizawa would be using the threat of expulsion to motivate students. If being outside is too dangerous, then being kicked out of school would result in their deaths. Aizawa is a sourpuss but he's still a hero. He's not going to threaten teenagers with certain doom over something as meaningless as a fitness exam. And no, the fact that it is not actually true does not matter. With the synopsis you've posted, and what little you've said about it here, the current course of action is nonsensical. @Spoiled Bread is again correct: Your synopsis suggests applying an Attack on Titan, Highschool of the Dead, School-Live! type story to the My Hero Academia setting, but you are running it like a normal MHA story.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I believe ziru thought he had the authority to do that because he was in a convo of the preproduction of the RP that was SUPPOSED to plan it out. Unfortunately all it really did was figure out plot and not what actually happens in the rp

Ok, my sistet graduated today, so I couldn't post. And testing at school happened this week as well, so this is all very confusing. When this gets sorted out, and I can get caught up, I will try posting later.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
I am sorry for this, I wish I was a better OP, but sadly, I am unqualified for the job. However, before we terminate this RP,
let's try communicating, what arcs do YOU think should be in this RP? RPs should be a project that everyone in the RP is involved in, I will fix my posts and will ask the others who posted the characters outside the facility to do the same/

Nah, no need to overblame yourself. Just take the lesson and move on.

If we're still talking about the same story premise, I think it will be interesting to see the entrance exam, a harsh entrance exam. I think the focus of the exam will not be about how strong their quirks, but whether or not the student candidates have mental fortitude to face the nomus. Afterall, why limit yourself to quirk user when you are the last defense of society? Go grab those rocket launchers and let the quirkless into the academy! Or military barrack, whatever.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Interesting, I doubt we can fight that on this thread but maybe another thread. I never even thought about the quirkless getting a chance to fight. Any other ideas?

Rex

Resident Furry
Well, to begin with, people with Quirks represent 80% of the world population. Not having a Quirk is becoming rarer every day. Also, this is a Japanese school, not an American military base. Laws concerning weapon ownership are much stricter in Japan - handguns are outright banned, there's a lengthy license procedure in place before you can acquire a shotgun for hunting or sport shooting, and you need to own a shotgun for a decade before you can apply to own a rifle. Where are people, outside the JSDF, going to acquire something like a rocket launcher or the ammunition to use it, or the training to fire and maintain it?

There's also a question of how useful even military arms would be against a Nomu. A force of only three of them proved to be too much for all but the absolute greatest of heroes (and Stain), and All Might had to go beyond his natural limits in order to defeat just one. These ones have been specifically boosted with the power of One For All, which is a Quirk that stockpiles power from generation to generation. Deku was more powerful than All Might because he inherited everything All Might had and added his own power on top of that. These Nomu then, must also be more powerful than Deku for the same reason, built strong and then given even greater strength.

Or there can be two kinds of nomu, the special nomu and mass produced nomu. The special nomus are as strong as all might while the mass produced nomus only have one power: quirks absorbtion. By eating human(or animals), they can gain quirks(or body parts). So most of them start weak but can get really strong after some time.

Sorry I forgot about the part of students being trapped in the school but also my posts have to be allowed by a mod so whenever I make a post someone usually ends up putting something before mine is even allowed so it's kinda difficult for me to rp. (edit: or that was the case, i'm unsure if it still is.)