• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join MHA/BNHA RP: An All In War Discussion Thread

sSoul

Previously Swirled
It has been 30 years since Class 1A(the main class that the current story is focusing on) has graduated. Ever since then, Izuku Midoriya under his hero name of Deku has dedicated his time to hero work. However, he was defeated because he was attempting to save civilians, Deku was simply outsmarted. Now a new generation of Villains have surfaced, One for All and All for One have joined to create the ultimate quirk combination. Nomus have been modified to better suit One for All, the current whereabouts of Deku currently being unknown. Now, the streets are overrun with Nomu, and Bakugou and Todoroki, the number 3 and 2 heroes respectively have been missing attempting to fight off the Nomu. UA is the only safe haven for aspiring heroes to begin their training. Now a new generation of heroes must surface to combat these enhanced villains.
Rules:
1. Normal Pokecharms rules obviously
2. Hate the OC, not the RPer
3. Romance is allowed(if you know me, this goes without saying) but keep it a side plot as it is not the main focus
4. This RP is for SUPER dedicated RPers, as I know that most MHA/BNHA RPs tend to die out quickly, so if you feel you cannot do this, feel free to drop out, no one will fault you.
5. Ask me if you want to join on my profile or PM me, and I will ask if you are dedicated enough for this.
6. Type the words"Spirit Devil" to indicate you read the rules.
Heres the Bio
Name:
Age(you will be year one students, so 14 to 16):
Quirk:
Quirk Weakness:
Appearance:
Personality(optional, if you show it better through RP then okay):
Backstory(optional):
Hero/Villain Name(if you wanna make a villain OC):
Hero/Villain Costume:
RP Example(optional, if I don't invite you in this post, you will need one)
Other:
Here's mine
Name: Sora Koizumi
Age(you will be year one students, so 14 to 16): 14
Quirk: Crystallize: uses sweat that land on his palms, which freezes them into ice and can shoot it out by extending his palms. Can also release smaller ice waves through his fingertips. Basically, Ice Bakugou
Quirk Weakness: his hand can get frostbite if used for too long without a break, he can also freeze his sweat by firing his ice in large amounts, which prevents the flow from reaching his palms.
Appearance: white hair, teal eyes, pale skin, when not wearing his hero costume or in his UA student uniform, he usually wears a cyan hoodie with black jeans and blue sneakers
Personality(optional, if you show it better through RP then okay): rather ambiverted, keeps to himself and is quiet. However, he will harshly express his anger if you do anger him and can socialize if he feels like it,
Backstory(optional): not much other to say except he lived a normal life until the Nomus invaded. One of them was responsible for killing his father, ever since then, he has sworn to avenge his father's death.
Hero/Villain Name(if you wanna make a villain OC): Cryro
Hero/Villain Costume: a cyan jumpsuit with teal gloves, the gloves are infused with freezers to help freeze his sweat easier and anglers to help him aim his blasts. His shoes also help him jump higher.
RP Example(optional, if I don't invite you in this post, you will need one): N/A, the OP wouldn't need one
Other: Spirit Devil
@Nebulix, @_Ziruminous, @JosieLovesYou, @Kyle From Hoenn. The story idea is credited to Kyle.
Everyone else except for Nebby, could you please provide an RP example, I only ask this cause I have a rather firm grasp on Nebby's RP style, a detail which I lack for the rest of you.
RP thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/mha-bnha-rp-an-all-in-war-rp.19321/

Last edited:
Questions:
1. Is this kind of zombie apocalypse? But with enhanced Nomu instead of zombie?
2. How about the condition of society in general?
3. What is the goal of these new villain?

Last edited:

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
What is this Soul! Not inviting me, the biggest BNHA fan in the world, to a BNHA RP? I feel betrayed! Anyway, when it comes to RP's about things I like you'd be hard pressed to find someone more dedicated! And here's my character sheet!

Name:
Proteus Malum

Quirk: Shadow Manipulation - Proteus can manipulate the shadows to a vast extent. He can create weapons from the shadows, fold himself into shadow to move around without a trace, and form shadow spikes to trap or impale his enemies.

Quirk Weakness: Obviously he needs shadows for his quirk to work, the light is a natural counter. He also can't use the shadows of people other than himself, however he can't fold himself into his own shadow as it would make his shadow disappear at the same time he entered it and he would be in the shadow dimension permanently.

Appearance: Proteus has jet black hair and gray eyes, he wears eye glasses due to his poor eyesight. He stands at 5'9'' and has a fair build, not overweight or underweight with a good amount of muscle. He wears a black hoodie with a dark gray shirt under it. He also wears dark gray pants and black boots.

Personality: Proteus doesn't know much about proper social skills so he can come off as creepy or clingy. He's very loyal to the people he's close to and cares about them immensely. He's also very introverted and pretty antisocial in general, so it can be hard to approach him. He's usually lazy and laid back unless he cares about what he's doing in which case he becomes very passionate.

Backstory: Growing up, Proteus's classmates avoided him. They thought he was weird and they all said his quirk was creepy, that it seemed like a villain's quirk. Not to mention his last name literally means evil, he was bullied very much due to his quirk and name. Because of this, he grew up isolated and alone. He wants to become a hero not only because it's always been his dream, but he wants to prove his childhood bullies wrong.

Hero/Villain Name: Vicit Umbra
(Victorious Shadow)

Hero/Villain Costume:
A pitch black suit made out of vantablack, a material that absorbs 99.6% of all light. Wears a vantablack cloak over it and doesn't wear headgear because it feels uncomfortable to him. When his cloak moves in the wind, the vantablack absorbing the light makes it appear he is turning the area around him into a void.

RP Example: Parker applauded the two combatants as Colress and Seven defeated Sean's Heliolisk. It was a magnificent fight, very colorful with all of the beams of light flying around. He would have to make sure to watch out for these two, especially science boy.

"We've got some strong opponents..." Parker whispered to King as the pair made their way towards the building where the participants would be staying.

Just as the pair reached the door, they heard a voice 10 or 15 feet away calling to them.

"Parker! King!"

April bounded up to the pair, putting her hands behind her back when she finally caught up to them. She pouted, her eyes wide and looking downwards.

"You two didn't forget about me, did you?"

Parker sighed and opened the door to the building, letting his two partners enter before him.

"Of course we didn't, we were planning on waiting for you in the lobby actually."

The blonde girl's face changed from upset to beaming with joy, which to be fair was her usual expression.

"Good, cause I'm tired! Not to mention that you need to rest up for tomorrow, you can't be getting eliminated in the first round!"

The trio made their way into the room they would be staying in, two large beds and a bathroom. It wasn't much, but it was enough for them to stay comfortably. Parker and April took turns in the shower before King was put into his Pokeball and they fell asleep in their beds.

---------------------------------------------

The sun rose as the pair woke and began to get ready for their day. Parker let King out of his ball, and the two of them threw on their cloaks as they exited the room. There was definitely a stark contrast between the dark flowing outfits of the trainer and his Pokemon and the pastel pink of the girl with them. They earned their fair share of stares from strangers, which made April feel uncomfortable to say the least.

"I meant to ask this yesterday, but what's with the creepy cloaks?"

Parker's face flushed red, most people avoided the subject of the cloaks assuming they were just to appear intimidating.

"O-Oh, they're um... like team outfits. Also neither of us like the brightness of the sunlight very much, so..."

Parker looked up at the girl slowly, scared she was going to be weirded out as others were when he explained the cloaks. Instead, April laughed at the dark figures.

"Really? I figured you were just trying to look edgy! That's kind of cute though, that you wanted matching outfits. Maybe I should get a cloak of my own!"

"P-Please don't." Parker managed as his face got even more red than before.

As they finally reached the area they were supposed to be gathering, April split off from Parker and King. This was as far as she could go, after all, she wasn't participating.

"I'll make sure to be cheering for you two in the stands, do your best for me!"

Spirit Devil

Last edited:

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Name: Yoshiro Kokobunji

Age(you will be year one students, so 14 to 16): 15

Quirk: Reptilian - Mutant - The name of the quirk, basically explains itself, it gives Yoshiro reptilian abilities, which gives him horns that grow out of his short, brown spiky hair. The horns are a deep olive color, with some patterns, spots and stripes on them, the horns, go down his body, until the beginning of his neck, where they turn into horns, which go through his neck, then spine, and then tail, which is right above his buttocks. His tail is thin, long and flexible, but is a weak point. However, if the tail is cut off, it will grow again. He has dark green scales all over the back of his body, but also some frontal parts as well, like his feet till his kneecaps, the line of his upper, muscular body, and around his eyes. The rest of his body which doesn't have scales, is a pale skin color, with a tint of yellow to it. He has sharp claws and teeth. His eye sclera is yellow and his eye pupils are flippy, as when he feel threatened or angry, his pupils become thin, and threatening. He doesn't really have much of an iris. He has an eye membrane, which is like a third eyelid reptiles normally have to protect his eyes. His quirk can be useful for physical combat. He has gills.

Quirk Weakness: When he is damaged by or exposed to something normal humans would be affected from, like getting hit by ice or by a shadow multiple times, he becomes tired, making his scales soften a bit. When he's at his most tired point, his scales are as good as normal human skin. He feels uneasy or threatened by amphibians for some reason.

Appearance: He has spiky brown hair, black pupils with a yellow sclera (Flippy, and have a third membrane). His skin was previously mentioned. When he's not wearing his hero costume, he wears a V T-Shirt which is grey, has a blue little pocket, and at the neck hole, are some buttons which don't need to be buttoned. He wears black pants and black boots with blue laces. He has a highly muscular body, with his shoulders more spread out and muscular. His ears are more elfish.

Personality(optional, if you show it better through RP then okay): He is confident and protective. He can be harsh sometimes, but when someone gets to know him, he's actually a really nice person. He's determined, and doesn't want to be underestimated. He doesn't underestimate his opponents, either. He can be pretty bright sometimes.

Backstory(optional): N/A (Might Show It In RP)

Hero/Villain Name(if you wanna make a villain OC): Mortiviper (Death Viper)

Hero/Villain Costume: He wears a black jumpsuit, with green patterns on it. The jumpsuit was a bit tight, but it was still easy to move. He wore fingerless gloves, which were black, black boots with green laces. He doesn't wear anything on his head.

RP Example:
Sage had made quite a distance from the rangers now. He put his head up and smelled them coming back, "Sigh, they don't give up, do they?" He grunted. He was getting closer to the Pterosaur Dome. He looked at the locked gigantic metallic locked gate, beside the hard glass which surrounded the pterosaurs, "Hmm..." He said.
"RAAAAAARRRRR!" He roared loudly, as he charged into the glass using his horns, and freed the pterosaurs, he got into the dome, and started roaring at the dinosaurs inside. They growled and scowled at him but soon they just flew away and started terrorising the park.
One armed soldier (An NPC) had seen Sage coming towards the armed rangers. Some rangers were confused. Was he coming back to them? The flying dinosaurs flew upwards, and towards the rangers too. Dimorphodons, Pterodactyls and even Quetzalcoatals were flying towards the rangers with only one desire. Destroy all who is In their path, and the humans which imprisoned them.
Sage 'smirked'. He then roared as he got with the rangers' group. He roared, and grabbed handfuls of rangers with his arms and stuffed his mouth with them. The blood scattered on many of the rangers' friends, and they screamed, agonised and some froze and almost got a heart attack. He then grabbed a ranger truck, and threw it on some people, as the truck exploded.
He then looked at the Utahraptor, and then clawed her, and then hit her with his tail towards an electric fence. The fence broke and Compsognathuses came out, while setting their targets on humans, and attacking any of them as several packs.
"This is my counterattack! Well, the scene already looks gruesome enough. I'm done here." He grunted and roared at them, as he ran off, disappearing into the distance.
He was next headed to free some more dinosaurs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sage heard the steps again. That Utahraptor was really getting on his nerves. He turned to her and tried to open his jaws to swallow her whole, but then he heard her talking, "How can I trust you?" He said as he threateningly glared at her. Sage never trusted anyone. But he knew this was a Utahraptor. Raptors were smart. They wouldn't just drive themselves to their death, but they were all wickedly intelligent, "I don't trust anyone. I'm on a mission, but I'm not telling you about it, let alone tell you anything." He grunted as he got his snout up close and showed his teeth to her, threateningly, "Either you grow a back bone and disobey those humans - I don't even know how they got you to obey them in he first place - or you can just run away, or die right here." He grunted a bit loudly.

"Got it? Or...?" He showed his teeth again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sage snarled, "That's all you're here for? If those are the 'questions' you're talking about...," He said, "THEN I DON'T GIVE TWO DAMNS ABOUT YOU OR YOUR HUMAN!" He roared at her face, the wind from his roar pushed her back as much as it could, "I'll leave you be. You and the others aren't my targets. Though, what I did all those times back there was self defence. I don't need no human to set me free, I have other people to care the about." He said as he looked upwards at a huge tower. The Crest. That was the island people's calling for it. There lived the rulers of the island. Sage acknowledged them as when he was in an egg, and then while hatching, he saw them commanding everyone to cage Sage, "Now, I guess I'll leave. Keep in mind, I'll defend myself if anyone gets in my way. Dinosaurs, humans, anything. I've never trusted anyone in my life." He grunted, "I'll kill anyone if I have to." He then left off, his huge steps echoing as he went. He was soon out of sight as the dense trees helped him get out of sight. "All I want..," He said to himself,

"is to be free."
Other: Spirit Demon.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
I get sleep for x amount of time and everything goes to crap. Okay, @Spoiled Bread
1. Yes, UA is the "safe" haven, but Nomu occasionally attack.
2. Current state,with the top three heroes being gone(Deku, Bakugou and Todoroki), everyone is in panic, the other heroes are doing their best to fight off the Moki, but the waves get bigger and bigger.
3. Obviously to destroy the hero society completely.
Now I must say, this is a discussion thread, while I do appreciate the posts, keep it for the actual thread.
@Top_Smug_ @_Ziruminous accepted.

Rex

Resident Furry
Well, since the other one seems to have stalled out, and I don't intend to do any traveling within the next year...

Name: Jacob Filcher
Quirk:Copycat - Using just a picture, or a live model, Jake can take the form of, and replicate the voice, mannerisms, and skillset of anyone he fancies. Any talents his chosen form has can be used by Jake as if he had those talents. For example, with the Rocket form, Jake is a gifted mechanic, programmer, and hacker, capable of building his own gadgets and weapons so long as he has the raw materials.
Quirk Weakness: Jake's copy is not perfect. He can not replicate other Quirks, nor can he use any supernatural abilities the character he takes the form of has. For example, Doctor Strange's Magic, or the Human Torch's fire powers and flight. This means that while Copycat is perfect for mimicking more technologically inclined people, as well as J. Random Citizen, it cannot perfectly mimic any of Jake's fellow 'super' heroes, real or fictional.
Appearance: Typically, a four foot tall anthropomorphic raccoon, brown fur, with the usual black and cream markings one would associate with the species. He's in pretty decent shape, but his small size gives him something of a scrawny appearance. He has brown eyes. Anyone with any interest in comics can probably guess who's he's patterned himself off of: Rocket Raccoon. His typical outfit consists of blue pants and a white t-shirt, along with a green jacket and red bandanna around his neck. He completes it with a pair of fingerless gloves, going barefoot.
Personality: The actual Jake is something of a massive nerd. You'd have to be to put this much work into copying a fictional character. He's your typical kid, not sure where he wants to go with his life, and trying out different things rather than determining what is really him. He's actually something of a wimp, and non-confrontational by nature. You would not be able to guess this, however.

As 'Rocket,' Jake is a loud, aggressive, delinquent, with something of an attitude problem. He is prone to fits of anger, and has an ego that far outstrips his small size. He is confident and self-assured, a quick thinker, and quite mechanically gifted. This is all an act, however, enhanced by his Quirk's power, but an act Jake has kept up for so long even he has begun to fall for it.

Regardless of form, Jake does not make friends easily, and tends to push people away if they try to get too close. He pretends not to care about those around him, but he secretly has a heart. He just doesn't let people see it!
Backstory: Jake's mother, the original Doppelganger, was a villainess back in the day. She was something of a minor rogue, above the ranks of the petty thieves and purse snatchers but no where near the level of a supervillain. She met and fell in love with a Quirkless man who saw her inner beauty underneath her shifting appearance, and retired to a life of quiet obscurity with him. At least, that was the plan, until her son manifested her quirk.

As the son of a villain, Jake did not have an easy time in school. He was singled out by a group of children, whose parents had been the heroes who fought Doppelganger back in the day, and made a target for bullying. Because these students were popular - being the children of popular heroes - this picking soon spread to the rest of the student body. His teachers largely did nothing, seeing Jake as one problem student, rather than any sort of victim.

This treatment has directly lead to the usual form he decides to take, Rocket is a comic book hero that Jake relates to and attempts to emulate. After all, if he plays the part of a hero, than surely no one will think of him by his relationship to a villain. He has largely perfected this act thanks to his Quirk and his own practice over the years, and hopes that moving to a new school will give him the chance he needs to restart his relationship with his fellow students on a better foot.
Hero Name: Doppelganger
Hero Costume: A rather familiar black and orange jumpsuit, with brown accents. It's sleeveless, and the legs only go down to just past his knees. His prohibition on shoes continues. There is a magnetic pad of his own design built into the back of the suit, where Jake can stick gear.
RP Example: (See spoiler below.)
Other: Spirit Demon

He'd lost count of how many of these stupid things he'd broken. He'd mostly stuck with that type, not wanting to repeat his brush with multiple broken bones from his last go at deactivating one. His guns certainly gave him an advantage, allowing him to boost his score from range. He'd certainly stolen his fair share of kills from some of the more physically inclined students. He responded to their dirty looks with a teeth bearing smirk. It was a dog-eat-dog world out there, best they learn that now. This wasn't like other schools, where having a flashy Quirk made you the coolest kid around. Here you actually had to work to get ahead.

He blasted another two pointer, the larger bot took a pair of shots from both guns to go down. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Jake noted that that shouldn't be right. They might have been larger, but he doubted they were any more impervious to electrical attacks. A one pointer, capture this time, closed distance and made to attack him. The raccoon leapt to the side, holstering his guns.

"Come on, I don't have time for you or your d'asted buttons," he grunted. The robot, unfortunately, had more than enough time for him, though. He rushed past it as it tried to wheel around to face him, then ducked into a nearby alley, much too thin for the stupid think to follow. Fortunately for him, the robot he found waiting on the other side was a destruction type. Less fortunately, it was a large three pointer. Jake didn't regret the form he'd chosen for himself, but it sure made height differences a lot more ridiculous. Still, a grin split his face, and he drew his guns again.

"You'll make a good trophy." He squeezed the trigger of the gun in his right hand. It sparked and fizzled. He pulled the trigger on the gun in his left, it did much the same. "Flark."

Of course, they would choose now to break down. Perhaps it was the rain, perhaps his modifications weren't as good as he thought, maybe he just straight up overused them. They were useless junk now, all the same. He threw them to the side, looked up at the three pointer and growled, "Guess I'll have to break you the old fashioned way!"

It was big and imposing, but its size would also be its greatest weakness. He dropped onto all fours and rushed for its side. The large machine reared back it's car sized arm and tried to bring it down on top of him, but he feinted to the other side. The arm came down beside him, he felt kicked up asphalt scratch at his clothes and skin. He kept running, not wanting to give the machine another chance. Moving quickly, the raccoon hauled his way up the machine's front, then squeezed between its head and shoulder-mounted rocket launcher - wait a second.

"You've got some serious ordinance for a training bot," Jake grinned, "Let's see if we can do something with that." Now was a good time for his Quirk. The raccoon raised his fist, mentally imagining all his excess mass packing itself into the limb. Then he punched in the edging between two of the plates. He cursed, it hurt, but it had also done its job. There was enough space for him to reach in and pull the armor plate out of the way, revealing the wiring inside. Now for the hard part.

Rocket Raccoon could rewrite machines like this on the fly. If he wanted to live up to the form he called his own, Jake needed to be able to do that, too. He tugged at some of the wiring experimentally, then yanked a couple out and started splitting them. The raccoon - Jake, not Rocket - had built a turret once or twice, this mechanism shouldn't be too different. He grabbed two of the wires and twisted them together. One of the rockets fired, blowing out a storefront. Not the best use of a limited resource, but at least he knew it worked.

It didn't take long for a real target to reveal itself - that damn capture-bot from before came plowing out of one of the buildings neighboring the alley he'd escaped through. He wouldn't get any points for destroying it, but it was pissing him all all the same. He twisted another set of wires, the one pointer didn't have any time to react before it was smashed in the chest by a missile, which quickly detonated.

"Blam, murdered you!" the raccoon yelled over the sound of the explosion. Another one pointer and a pair of two pointers, all destruction types, were all quickly destroyed as well, emptying the launcher. On this side, at least. He scrambled over the machine's head, dodging its large stupid hands as they tried to grab him, and slid down to the launcher on the other side. Now it was time for a real lightshow. He repeated his personal method of gaining entry, then started pulling out wires.

"Now, all I have to do is disable to firing mechanism, and," he grinned to himself again. The raccoon yanked out a distressingly large bundle of wires, and then ran like his life depended on it. Because it did. He'd barely gotten back to the ground when the entire launcher exploded, taking out the machine's head and a fair amount of its side. He didn't stop running until he felt a rather large piece of debris slice through his side, bringing Jake to the ground.

He rolled over onto his back, looking down at the wound. It was on his left side, deep, his shirt and coat were well and truly ruined, cut open and blood stained. The fingers on his left hand were unaligned from punching the metal as well, and he had a few cuts on his right arm and leg from flying asphalt. His pants were likely also ruined. He focused through the pain, picturing his left side sealed up and repaired, as his Quirk made it so. Then he climbed to his feet as he fixed his hand, and then the cuts on his right limbs. Soon, all that was left to say he had been injured was the blood soaked into his fur and clothes, and the damage said garments had taken.

He still had some time, even though his guns were gone. Jake knew better than to try and tangle with another three pointer, though, and didn't like the idea of fiddling around the wiring of a smaller bot that might actually be able to reach him. Looked like he was going to be tangling with the capture and disable bots for the rest of the exam.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Name: Katsumi Todoroki
Age(you will be year one students, so 14 to 16): 15
Quirk: Half Cold Half Hot
Quirk Weakness: His quirk gives a draw to his physical speed due to using both his ice and fire.
Appearance: His hair is like his father's hair. Though his Appearance different, same body structure but he wears a half white/red shirt. With blue jeans and white sneakers. His eyes are gray and his skin is mixed.
Personality(optional, if you show it better through RP then okay): Katsumi is mostly like his father cool, calm, and collected. When it comes to danger he asserts the situation like it's a normal everyday thing to him.
Backstory(optional): Katsumi never really grew up with his father Shoto and he never got to know his mother cause she died when Katsumi was the age of 3. Though Katsumi doesn't really know much of his father or hangs with his father he vows to exceed his father's expectations.
Hero/Villain Name(if you wanna make a villain OC): Half N Half
Hero/Villain Costume: His costume is a white shirt with blue jeans. Though his costume has the enhancements to take the heat or the cooling of his body. With that being said if he pushes his costume to the limits of will burn or freeze without even being noticed.
RP Example(optional, if I don't invite you in this post, you will need one) Katsumi took his normal route to UA. Noticing all the while life and people which are normally there as he walks to school. He greeted a shop keeper and asked for some breakfast on his way. Afterwards he would do what he always did. Stare outside the dome they were in watching his father and Bakugo right for their freedom. "Dad..."

Name: Kayro Tillar
Quirk: Hyper Mode- Kayro can enter a state called Hyper Mode, entering stages 1-10. Each stage gives him a new ability, but each gives him a worse and worse repercussion for doing so. Stages are, 1: Strength. 2: Reflexes. 3: More Strength. 4: Speed. 5: Strength- body begins strain from power. 6: Speed- Can defy gravity by running, can run on walls. 7: Power Bursts- Can release power as a pulse forward, power around him acts as a shield. 8-10: To Be made later.
Quirk Weakness: The higher Kayro goes in Hyper Mode, the worse the recoil. 1-3: No physical effect, may tire quickly. 4-5: Body grows fragile from the strain. Begins to show body releasing power around him. 6-7: Body cannot contain power, emanates around him. Shield protects his body, which now moves through Hyper Mode. Cannot move by trying. 8-9: May/Will blackout while using Hyper Mode, will continue without thoughts. Later, will gain some mental thought. 10: To be made when used.
Appearance: Kayro has long, black hair that rests its tips down at his shoulders. His eyes are dark blue, and he wears a grey vest and black jacket. A pair of Blue jeans are also worn. When his quirk is past 5, his hair begins to stand up and normally, the jacket is removed because it can get ruined by the power emanating.
Backstory(optional):
Hero/Villain Name(if you wanna make a villain OC): Overpower
Hero/Villain Costume: His suit is a very lightweight vest and pants, both made of a material which can protect him from some impact along with withstand the power released. It is colored black, with silver-blue markings along it set in a way that they are always changing to the eye, even though they are in the same position.

A small ship slowly cut through the waves of the port's waves. Upon the ship stood two shadows, or what seemed to be shadows from the shore. One was large with a shark-like head. The other more humanoid, but quite smaller. This duo happens to be Maximum Raide, and one of her pokemon, G. The two were here for the tournament.

Three hours earlier...
Max stood on the bow of 'Hallowed Rock' her father's personal craft. "So, the tournament starts soon. Training has to be done." The female said, pulling up the goggles around her eyes. The sun caught the sea, causing a bright light to show up on the water. "G, what do you think? Can you do it this time?" She asked her Garchomp. The two have been practicing this move for water fighting for about a year now, and he hasn't been able to master it yet. G gave a slight nod, turning back to the sea. A blue aura enveloped him, and he dived in.

Modern time...
Max stepped off the now docked shore, G standing beside her. Normally, Melody would be with her, but water seems a little lacking. "The battle's gonna be up high, best get ready before heading up there." She said as a Ranger walked up to her. "Madam, your pokemon is scaring the children." The Ranger said. Max turned to face him. "They should be. He's one of my strongest for the tournament." Max said to the Ranger. He nodded to her, acknowledging her reason. "Best return him. Don't want to give others an advantage." Max shook her head no. "This way G sees what I see." She said, turning to walk off towards the the cities many stores.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Name: Manuel Stone
Quirk: Lightning Dragon: Manuel's Quirk gives him a few dragon characteristics such as horns and wings. He is also able to completely turn into a dragon. While on his dragon form (and on his human form too but he hasn't mastered it yet), he is able to emanate and shoot lightning from the scales on his skin. He can also surround his entire body in electricity and extend small claws from his knuckles. His Quirk also grants some super-strength and more durability.
Quirk Weakness: Obviously, water makes his lightning abilities go out of control. Generating large amounts of electricity for too long can also slowly drain his stamina and can also damage his scales. If he stays in dragon form for too long (around 10 minutes), he can go into a rampage.
Appearance: Manuel has black hair and brown eyes. Due to his Quirk, his skin is replaced by light blue scales. He also white horns, fangs, a tail and a pair of blue wings he doesn’t show often. He usually wears a blue jacket with a white shirt underneath, blue jeans and black shoes. He also stands at 4"9, and wears glasses. On his dragon form, he turns into the usual dragon, but with light blue scales. He also has red eyes and big claws while in his form.
Personality: Manuel is a kind, calm person. He is strategic and logical at times, and also cares a lot about his friends. He tries not to be shy because of his appearance.
Backstory(optional): N/A (might show in RP or something)
Hero/Villain Name(if you wanna make a villain OC): Draconic Thunder
Hero/Villain Costume: He’s working on it.
RP Example: Just as Manuel was ready to go again, the ground shook and the boy lost his balance ad the edge of the building. He fell down at a high speed, as a huge robot appeared from underground a few streets away. "That's the zero-pointer? It's gigantic!" He exclaimed, as he managed to stabilize himself and create an ice slide to land safely. "I'm at 27 points right now. I need to speed up..." He muttered, as a three-pointer ran at him. The robot did a downwards slash right on top of Manuel, who barely managed to dodge in time. The boy jumped on top of the blade, as the robot pulled it back up after it got stuck on the ground. He jumped at the robot's head, encasing himself in a big ice arrow, piercing through it, followed by an explosion. The explosion propelled him diagonally upwards, melting the ice, and Manuel scoped out the situation.

Alright, let's see. Getting near the zero-pointer would be suicidal, so I have to make sure I stay a safe distance away from it. There's some two-pointers over there, so I'll get them before anybody else does.

Manuel made an ice skateboard of sorts, the ice also covering his feet, keeping his momentum going. He made another ice path over to the two-pointers, landing smoothly without breaking the skateboard. As he faced the robots, he heard something behind him, turning around to discover a bird-kid being attacked by a three pointer. He broke the ice covering his feet, and ran over to the kid. He threw the skateboard at the robot, stunning itbriefly, before positioning himself below it and splitting it in half with an ice lance that he shot from his hand. The bird-kid thanked him and went flying in another direction, leaving Manuel to dispose of the other robots. The boy ran over to the two two-pointers and froze them from the neck up, before tearing them apart with two more ice lances.

37 points.

Last edited:

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Sora wanted to ignore them and walk away, but as the many things he was, rude wasn't one of them. So, he inwardly sighed and decided to talk to the two of them.
"Not much, just hoping that we aren't going to be Nomu feed anytime soon," Sora joked, before turning his head to Katsumi, for some reason...he seemed familiar.
"Do I know you? You have a familiar face," The boy asked the son of Bakugou, hoping for Katsumi to piece the parts together.

Nani who is son of Bakugo? Are you referring to me son of Todoroki?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Name: Kumo Sanda
Age(you will be year one students, so 14 to 16):
Quirk: Storm Control - Can make thunder clouds to fly on as well as release electricity, either from his clouds or his hands.
Quirk Weakness: His clouds aren't normally durable and his lightning although wild and effective can be dodges as it can be seen coming.
Appearance: Yellow hoodie; hazel eyes; black hair; black jeans
Backstory(optional):
Hero/Villain Name(if you wanna make a villain OC): Stormborne
Hero/Villain Costume: I'll do this later

Name: Kirou Trikan
Quirk: Magnitude (Causes hearthquakes by slamming into the ground, also increases his strength.)
Quirk Weakness: If used too much he may become extremely fatigued almost 100 times more than the average person.)
Appearance: Bright blue hair, blue eyes, usually wears a grey hoodie with blue jeans and a black t-shirt.
Backstory: Was rescued by Kaminari Denki when he was younger and now is like his biggest fanboy.
Hero/Villain Name: Quake
Hero/Villain Costume: A black and blue costume similar to that of Kamui Woods

Last edited:

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Uh, anyone can just announce the first exercise for the fitness test. I kinda forgot. All I remember is the race, the baseball throwing and grip strength. I know I could just shuffle the order, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so...

Plus, I don't think I can end what I can post of the fitness test in just three exercises and then have someone else do the rest, cuz then it would be unnecessary, so uh....................yeh.

Also, I'd like to go through all exercises in the fitness test personally. If that doesn't trouble anyone that is...

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
The following are the tests held in the Quirk Apprehension Test:

50-Meter Dash
Grip Strength
Standing Long Jump
Repeated Side Steps
Ball Throw
Distance Run
Seated Toe-touch
Sit Ups

Personally, I think the last two aren't really necesary.

Rex

Resident Furry
I feel like I need to lay out some problems I've been noticing with this RP so far. I want you all to know that I don't mean anything malicious by this; it's all intended as constructive criticism. But I've been growing increasingly frustrated with how this has proceeded, and my hope is that by explaining what problems I have, we can form a dialogue to find a way to keep this RP moving in a way satisfying for all of us.

To start with, I need to know @SoulDemon, did you have a plot in mind when you set out to make this RP? It seemed at first like you had, but the first post gave us all very little to work with. The OP was barely two paragraphs long, and it didn't really go into detail about the current situation at UA. @Spoiled Bread laid out some very good questions, and while you provided a cursory answer to each of them in this discussion thread, the first post of the actual RP would have been a great place to give more thought out answers.

From the start, a general lack of detail and poor word choice makes it difficult to determine the general situation of the outside world. The OP states that, for their protection, students have been moved to dorms on UA's campus, yet multiple introduction posts, the OP included, actually begin with characters on the streets outside the walls. Said streets are said to be overrun, yet at the same time appear safe enough for students, and going by @_Ziruminous's post the general populace, to continue their daily lives.

This lack of clarification resulted in the RP going off the rails almost from the beginning: @Mr.Glaceon, @Manu456Alola, and myself begin our posts establishing that we are trapped in UA, while @SoulDemon, @Kyle From Hoenn, @_Ziruminous, and @xXAuraPlayzXx all begin with them outside school grounds. @_Ziruminous's post outright places Sora, Kayro, and Katsumi at the school gate even though neither @SoulDemon, @Mr.Glaceon, nor @Kyle From Hoenn ever said as much, but this still represents the first time an attempt is made at placing characters in relation to one another and the school campus.

This is, however, a good segue into the next problem I've noticed with how this RP has been run. Users are not given enough time to respond before the more active among us rush off to something else. Without giving either @Kyle From Hoenn or @Mr.Glaceon time to respond, or even acknowledging @_Ziruminous's presence, @SoulDemon has his character attempt to run off, forcing both of them to rush after you.

This is also where post length starts to suffer, as the problem I mentioned earlier about not enough information being given out returns. Pokecharms rules mandate a paragraph per post, and posts begin to condense to barely two or three lines of text. The worst part is that this problem is recursive. In this instance, @SoulDemon gives a short post, and both @Kyle From Hoenn and @Mr.Glaceon give short replies because none of the three of you have given each other much to build off of.

The next problem is honestly probably the worst one, and it often acts in conjunction with the above lack of allowed response time. I hinted at it above with @_Ziruminous's intro, but users often go ignored. @Manu456Alola attempted to join in the Sora-Kayro-Katsumi discussion and their character went unresponded to. Yoshiro, above, was actively avoiding coming into contact with the three students, but Manuel spoke to them. Regardless, though, RolePlay is a cooperative medium, you are not each the main protagonist of this story, and everyone else is not one of your supporting characters. The lack of communication between players, and the lack of interaction between characters, is not suited for this style of content.

Then begins what I like to call the Eraserhead Saga. Ignoring the obvious questions about how Earthquakes are being used throughout the post, @xXAuraPlayzXx establishes that Mr. Aizawa is already in the classroom when his character participates in their dynamic entry. (I will take a moment to suggest that maybe Manual was not a good idea for an NPC when we have a PC named Manuel, it's an unnecessary added bit of confusion.) One after another, Katsumi, Kayro, then Sora enter the classroom, when @SoulDemon takes the time to ask "Where is our teacher anyway." As previously established, Aizawa is already in the classroom, Sora should see him.

Nothing is made of the fact that Kirou smashed through a window to get into the classroom. Not by Aizawa, not by Sora or Katsumi, and certainly not by Kayro or @Mr.Glaceon, who outright says that everyone seems so calm. Also, nothing is made of the fact that an injured Pro Hero is in the classroom with all of them, as Manual is presumably still hunched over Kirou's shoulder as of the end of his post. Undeterred, @xXAuraPlayzXx has Kirou, Aizawa, and Manual reenter the classroom.

Side note, seating arrangements. Both @Kyle From Hoenn and @Mr.Glaceon establish that their characters are seated near the back of the room, near one another. @SoulDemon then announces that seats are alphabetical, not before established. No problem so far, both Kayro Tillar and Katsumi Todoroki would be both near each other and near the back. Sora Koizumi is placed in the middle, which can also fit depending on the eventual distribution of the student names once every student is accounted for. However, the fact that Sora can SEE Kayro implies that he, and thus Katsumi, are in front of him, near the front of the class.

Yoshiro Kokobunji then also places himself near the back of the class, ignoring the previously stated alphabetical arrangement. @_Ziruminous places his character within the classroom without taking the time to establish how he got there, as we last saw him at the school gate. He doesn't acknowledge any of the other students in the classroom, and again implies that people are going about their everyday lives, even though realistically speaking this part of town would likely be torn up from Kirou's earthquakes or at least show some sign of his mad dash to the school.

@_Ziruminous then usurps control of Aizawa, who enters the classroom for the third and thus far final time. Class then begins without myself or @Manu456Alola having a chance to even get to the classroom, and with Kirou still standing around waiting for someone to get Manual a chair. This general sequence of events is why I had to ask if @SoulDemon actually had a plan going into this. Control of this RP appears to have been usurped by @xXAuraPlayzXx and then @_Ziruminous in turn, the former of whom went ignored and the latter of whom has thus far been followed along with.

No character aside from Sora is given a chance to respond before @_Ziruminous shifts the scene again. And it's only now that anyone thinks to ask the discussion thread to discuss the current happenings of the RP. While I appreciate that @_Ziruminous has actually done so, this is really something that should have been discussed sooner, rather than waiting until now when most of the RPers have been left behind or ignored outright. I'm as invested in this RP succeeded as anyone else is, but at the rate it is going, that cannot happen.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
I will say that I have the plot planned out. I wanted to keep it secret, but since I do not wish to spark any more confusion I will tell you. Before I do, @Rex I apologize for not providing the full plot sooner. Anyways, with that out of the way here is the full plot.
Deku, the current number one hero has been defeated, as you, all know, but his fate is all but public. Not only has he fallen, he has converted to the side of the villains' thanks to a mind control quirk that All for One and the League of Villians have acquired through their time of villainy. Now, the two most powerful quirks in the MHA universe have teamed up and overpowered all of the pro heroes, each Nomu being enhanced with some degree of One for All. This idea was originally planned out by @Kyle From Hoenn so we mostly collaborated on this. With this in mind, Kyle, you may act as an OP if I am inactive due to major life struggles, which I will post on my profile. Once again, I do apologize for keeping you all in the dark for so long.

Rex

Resident Furry
When I said 'plot' I didn't mean synopsis. Most of what you've just said the Discussion Thread's OP implied well enough by itself. I was referring to more of your general story beats, the thread of the story. You seem to have lost control of your RP from the very beginning and don't seem to be doing anything to right the ship, as it were.

Your reply doesn't really answer any of the points I've made. Giving @Kyle From Hoenn co-owner status does nothing to alleviate the plot issue unless you're also putting your foot down on other people - @xXAuraPlayzXx, @_Ziruminous - attempting to take control. And that doesn't give me any assurance that issues of users being ignored or not given enough time to respond will be worked on, or that post length and the general amount of detail will be improved.

I think the problem with the plot is not about Deku's fate and all that. But rather, people don't have clear picture of what the world is supposed to be. I see too many contradiction.

So, Japan has been overrun by Nomu. Then how is UA still exist? In the original MHA, the reason why people don't use their quirk is because there's a law against using quirk in public. Thus making the hero profession as viable legal way to 'be yourself'. Why spent those valuable resource on selected few instead of using it to mass training all quirk user? Why the school is so chill and running like your everyday school instead of being harsh training like attack on titan military training?