• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Marvel vs DC: Dawn of the Incursion

"Four." Red Hood exclaimed as he grappled across Gotham to the Fire Department. The Trophy was hiding in plain sight atop the Fire Departmemt. Jason picked it up and sat down to catch his breath for minute. He sat and whistled a simple tune.

Rex

Resident Furry
A minute or so after the raccoon departed, sparks flew from some some of the exposed wiring, and then the lights flickered on, a dim light with a blue tinge. Soon after, a low, squealing groan from outside heralded the cargo bay door sliding open, the opening about a yard away from the already open door. There Rocket stood, next to a busted open panel, several exposed wires twisted together in a neat little bundle in his hands. His gun had evidently been deposited elsewhere, as he no longer had it. Instead, an open toolbox sat on the floor next to him.

"I don't know Pym, where do engines go on a ship?" the raccoon asked sarcastically, "Do you need me to hold your hand and lead you there?" Without waiting for an answer, he leaned down to snap the toolbox shut, and pick it up. Then, off he went towards the back of the wreck.

"Nice to see Rocket's mostly back to normal," Peter quipped.

"In that case, we need two more." Damian said. "The math equation used locations, so all it took was finding out the street numbers of said locations. In total, we'll have nine total once I finish up here." Damian jumped off of the roof, gliding down onto another roof with three thugs. He took them all down in short order, and grabbed the trophy. "The last part of it tells us where to find him, but we need to have all the trophies."

---

"Good day, Spider-Man." the apparatus on the door said, speaking back at Peter.

"I dunno. My dumb old human brain can't handle these advanced alien concepts of yours." Hank said sarcastically, trying to lighten the mood.

"This one trophy's riddle doesn't make any sense. 'What is owned by you, but used by everyone else.' The answer is my name. But where would my name be?" Jason questioned as he looked at the riddle. What place in town would have to do with my name, Red Hood thought. He looked around Gotham and then understood. "The warehouse where I was tortured... that's where my next riddle is." Jason trailed off. He shot his grappling gun into nearby gargoyle and swung across the city.

"Woah... so cool..." Parker muttered to it as he looked around. "Um... talking thingy... am I allowed in, or do I need to wait for Tony?" He asked as he slung his bag off his back, and checked to make sure he'd brought his suit, the very same one that Mr. Stark had given him, just before the Skrull invasion, in fact.

Jason arrived at the warehouse where he was tortured. He reminisced on the twisted things the Joker did to him. This was the sole reason he became Red Hood. After The Joker was through beating him, the Joker blew up the warehouse, with Jason's mother in the same building.

Lying in the middle of the burnt ruins was a Riddler Trophy. Jason picked it up and looked at it. "Damian, meet me at Wayne Tower when you find the last trophy. I've found another one." Jason said into his communicator.

Tailon

Gryffindork
EDIT: Apologies about the autoing issue, I got confused about control of villains on account of Eeveechu's getting riddles that weren't stated by AstralDarkrai

Dick, having a motorcycle, was trying to cover wider berth than the other two as the Riddles came in, riding around constantly to cover more ground. He winced as Jason realized the location of the next trophy. The former Robins may have had their differences, but to Dick, that was still his brother, as with any of them that had grown under the wing of the Bat.

Just then, Riddler's green mug appeared on a bank of televisions in an electronics store window, and Dick skidded his bike to a halt, Akira style.

"Spit it out, Nigma, I haven't got all day," Dick called out, all business now.

Last edited:
""Another Birdbrain, How many of you does Batman have lying around the house? Anywho~ Riddle me this, I have rings, but no hands, a rope that doesn't tie, a net that doesn't trap, and a tent that doesn't shelter. What am I?" The Riddler was growing nervous. Batman's sidekicks were chewing through his riddles faster than gum. Now he only had two left trophies left.

Starfire hummed a simple song as she put dinner for the other Titans in the oven. She was making pizza of course, the Titan's favorite Dish. Kid-Flash and Speedy were both pigged out on the couch. Starfire sighed," Wally, it's you're turn to do the dishes."

Kid-Flash looked at Starfire, half asleep. "Oh," Wally stammered. Faster than the eye could see, the dishes were neatly stacked and sparkly clean. Wally was once again asleep. Speedy causally sat back to enjoy the rest of his show.

"And Speedy, it is your turn for the Laundry duty." Starfire said with her usual happy tone. Speedy sighed and walked towards the laundry room.

Last edited:

Rex

Resident Furry
"If you're too dumb for this then send the tin man in instead, I'm a mechanic not a babysitter," Rocket said.

The engine compartment took up about two thirds of the third deck of the ship, stretching all the way up to the second deck, where actual power generation was done. The engine itself was divided into four parts. The large jump drive was the part that got them from point A to point B. There weren't a great many jumps to get to Knowhere, which was good because the raccoon didn't want to put too much strain on the machine before he could take a look at it with real tools, not this useless Earth crap. There was more than enough floor space for Rocket to get past, but Giant-Man Pym might have to watch his footing to not step on some mechanical part or another.

The part that actually needed replacing was the m-drive, which actually moved the ship through space. The hit that had brought this ship down had fried the m-drive, but compartmentalization had spared the other parts from the same fate. This was a small, scouting ship, so the m-drive had been made for superior speed and maneuverability, rather than raw power. This meant the stolen Skrull tech Pym seemed so proud of would be a perfect replacement, as luck would have it.

The third part were the fuel processors, one on either side of the m-drive. The actual fuel tank made up the majority of the ship's lowest deck, but some fuel was also stored in the ship's 'wings' on either side of the engine block. Lacking the tools to siphon fuel from other ships, the fact that this particular one had enough fuel to get them to Knowhere had been another reason Rocket had picked it. It was smaller than CITT, it wasn't half as pretty, and it only had one turret. But lacking half the old team, the Guardians no longer needed so much space. With just the three of them, they had room to spare.

The fourth part, as already mentioned, was the actual power station. It was located on the second deck, directly above the m-drive. There wasn't too terribly much to say about it, it was where Rocket had gone to turn the power back on. Right now, that just meant the emergency lights and the doors. Until the new m-drive was in place, there would be no serious power consumption. They simply didn't have the fuel for it.

"Right, this will take a few hours," the raccoon said, "So what I say when I say it and we'll get it done as quickly as possible."

Meanwhile, Peter and Flash had moved outside the ship. Things were in better hands now. Small, clawed, raccoon hands, but Rocket knew what he was doing and that no longer required the direct assistance of either other remaining Guardian. This meant that it was finally time for Peter to go through with something he'd had on his chest since they'd originally crashed.

"You know, Flash, Hank and Kevin could take you back to New York if you wanted," the man offered, "Or, we could, before we left orbit."

"And leave you and Rocket alone together? You wouldn't get out of the solar system before he blew you out the airlock," Flash joked.

"I'd kick his furry little butt if he tried," Peter smirked. But, no, this was time to be serious, "I mean it Flash, don't feel obligated to stick with us."

The other man waved him off, "I appreciate the offer, Peter, but the things I've seen, the places I've been, since I joined the Guardians? There's nothing on Earth that could even compare. Nothing that could make me want to give all that up. Earth has all the superheroes it could ever need. But the galaxy could always use more."

"It's good to hear your reasons are completely altruistic and have nothing to do with the fact that we are the coolest people you've ever met."

That got a laugh out of Flash.

Robin sighed, scratching his head. He turned on his communicator. "It's no good. I can't figure this out without the last trophy. There's at least four different combinations for the location this could be, and we need that last trophy to narrow it down."

---

"Wait for who?" Stark said, opening the doors. "I was here waiting for my new prodigy. Come on in, and we'll get your training session started. After we check on Vision, of course." The doors automatically closed behind them, and Peter could - for the first time - see Avengers mansion.

Pym installed everything where Rocket had told him too, obviously upset about Rocket taking his sarcastic quip literally. He had said "What, does space not have sarcasm?" but the raccoon had just ignored him. Once everything was set up, he noticed something was wrong. "Huh, that's strange. Rocket, do these circuits look out of place to you? Let me check something..." Hank shrunk down to Ant-Size and jumped in the machine, checking the wiring. "Yeah, it definitely looks like with how it's set up here the ignition is going to the fuel and the deposit link is going from the engine to... the engine. Want me to fix it? I can do it better than you can at this size."
Kevin was sitting in the cargo bay of the ship, really bored. "You know, I'm Mister Stark's personal aide and - to quote him - 'a mechanical genius'. You'd think your friend could use my help with SOMETHING."

Rex

Resident Furry
"What? No, if you didn't do it right the first time, why would I trust you to do it right the second?" The raccoon scoffed. "Get out of the way, let a real professional work his magic." Wrench in hand, the raccoon climbed up onto the engine block, looking to identify the problems Hank had located for himself.

"This is a complicated piece of machinery built with four different functions in mind and redundancy build into the system," he explained, "I need more to go on than 'the engine is attached to the engine.' Did you plug something into the m-drive twice?"

Back in the cargo hold, Peter had whipped out his old Walkman and played through its tape once in the time that had passed. By now the sky was beginning to lighten, though the sun was still hidden below the horizon. Flash had gone for a walk and had yet to return. There were precious few opportunities to exercise when you lived on a spaceship, and the man wanted to get in all that he could.

Vaguely aware that Kevin was saying something, Peter pulled off his headphones, resting them around his neck without pausing the track. "Let me put it this way, Kev. I maintained my first ship by myself for almost two decades before I met Rocket, and within hours he was stripping unnecessary parts to make into bombs. A few days after we formed the Guardians, he completely boxed me out of maintenance work. On my own ship! And it worked better under that little trash panda than it ever did under me."

He paused for a moment to put his headphones back on before continuing, "Rocket was - to quote him - 'made for this.' The most you'd be doing back there is carrying heavy machinery, or other menial tasks, while he worked circles around you. Besides, you can't tell me that you've got nothing on that big fancy plane you flew here in to entertain yourself with."

Another pause while Peter glanced towards the doorway to the engine room. "He does have this idea that he's a better pilot than I am though, which is, of course, completely wrong."

"Dammit, do you atleast have some sort of lead to the final trophy's location?" Jason cursed. He was sitting on top at the top of Wayne Tower, the tallest building in Gotham. The building is supposed to be some sort of beacon of hope in this god forsaken city. Jason scanned through his trophies to look for clues. Nothing. Unless there was some building in Gotham called Chalice Maces, which was highly unlikely.

There has to be another way, How about Chemics La Ace. No that's not right. I know Ace Chemicals! Jason mentally pondered. Once he had a lead he turned on his communicator," Damian, the last trophy is at Ace Chemicals. Meet me there."

"I'd better stay here." Robin said. "We don't have much time. Nightwing is already in the south part of the city. You head to the north. I'll keep watch over central Gotham. Once you find the trophy, I need you to describe it for me."

---

"I don't remember installing this circuitry..." Pym said. "I might have, but I doubt it. I was working over in the cockpit for a while..."
"..." Kevin sighed. "You really think I brought anything for this? I assumed I would be working an' installing stuff th' whole time, not just sitting around an' twiddling me thumbs."

Last edited:
Jason grappled across the northern section of Gotham City. On his way to Ace Chemicals, he checked a few other major buildings. The only lead he had was Ace Chemicals. He stopped for moment to catch his breath next to a tv store. On of the Tv's turned on to reveal the Riddler. "You'd better hurry Red Hood. Batgirl is waiting for her savior. But it looks like you won't be there to save her. You only have twenty minutes until I pump Batgirl full of lead, and my plan to take over Gotham City will start! Hell, I'll even tell you were the last trophy is, and you won't be able to stop me! The last trophy is in Ace Chemicals." The Riddler cackled.

Red Hood shot the TV with his Handgun and grappled away. Now traveling as fast as he could, Jason arrived at the abandoned Ace Chemicals building.

The building was absolutely wrecked. The old sign was ripped down, the doors were hanging by one hinge, and the inside was far worse. Papers, Vials, and various pencils and pens were askew. There were several containment chambers used for animal testing, all of which were broken, and their host had escaped.There was an overturned desk, and under it, the last Trophy. Jason rushed to his communicator," Damian, I've found it! It's the usual question mark statue, but at the base is 'W'!" Jason exclaimed.

"WAYNE! HE'S AT WAYNE ENTERPRISES!" Damian said, shocked. "I'm the closest! I'll head there immediately! Tell Dick, and DO NOT let Father inside the building!" Damian jumped off the roof of the building he was on, gliding towards the large tower that Bruce Wayne used for corporate business.

Rex

Resident Furry
Setting the wrench down, Rocket pushed his palms into his eyes, and rubbed his face in exasperation. "This is what I get for trusting the guy who couldn't even program a freaking robot!"

He'd shouted the last two words, then snatched up the wrench again and went back to rooting around for the problem Hank had located but had yet to tell him the location of. He was beginning to think it didn't actually exist and the man was messing with him. All the piping checked out, everything was bolted into its proper place, and the supposed human genius was being phenomenally unhelpful. He should have told Pym to buzz off and kept the tin man around instead.

Ironically, this was also the time when Peter chose to further downplay the idea that Rocket needed Kevin, "Tinkering is basically the closest thing Rocket has to a hobby. And like all hobbyists, he gets really bent out of shape when people mess with his hobby."

"Hurry Damian, You only have fifteen minutes!" Red Hood switched the channel of his communicator."Dick, We found Barbara, don't let Dad anywhere near the premise of Wayne Enterprises!"
Batgirl struggled in her chains. Although time was running thin, she hadn't given up hope on the Bat Family yet. Riddler turned to Barbara and said," Do you really still think you can be saved? Without Batman all these Robins are nothing."

"Shut up. You don't know them like I do." Barbara spouted. She struggled in her chains more.

"She's right, you know." Damian said, crashing through the window. Landing on the ground, he threw three Batarangs to cut through Barbara's bonds. "Hello, Nigma."

---

"I get that, 'tis just-" O'Brien was saying... then he heard Rocket make a quip about Ultron. "BLOODY HELL! QUILL! HELP ME RESTRAIN PYM!"
"You stinking, IGNORANT FURBALL!" Hank said, growing to Giant-size. He was absolutely fuming. "IF YOU KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT US AVENGERS, YOU'D KNOW WHY ULTRON TURNED OUT HOW HE DID! BLAME ME FOR HIS CREATION, WILL YOU? THEN I MIGHT AS WELL BLAME THE GALAXY FOR LETTING THANOS AND THE SKRULLS KNOW WE EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLACE! I MIGHT AS WELL BLAME HISTORY FOR LETTING WORLD WAR TWO HAPPEN! AND I MIGHT AS WELL BLAME WHATEVER PLANET YOU CAME FROM FOR LETTING YOU EXIST, MR. I DO EVERYTHING RIGHT!"
"HANK! LADDIE! CALM DOWN!" Guardsman said, getting between Rocket and Giant-Man.

"This is a day I will never forget." Peter squealed inwardly as he raced into Avengers Mansion, and when he entered, he stared at everything possible with an open mouth. He was pretty sure there was a massive fist print in the wall, most likely from Hulk, which was totally awesome for Parker to see.
"This is so AWESOME!" He yelled, leaping himself into the air, pumping his fist.

Last edited:
The first thing Barbara did when she was free was punch the Riddler in the face. And the proceeded to pummel Nigma until he subsided."Okay, you win!" Norma cried. Barbara wiped her hands off and asked," Robin, where's Red Hood?"
________
Red Hood started grappling towards Wayne Interprises. He turned on the communicator and then asked," Damian, is she safe?"

Rex

Resident Furry
Peter had to admit, no one could push buttons quite like Rocket could. The raccoon hissed - literally hissed! - at Pym as Peter followed Kevin into the engine compartment. The raccoon's fur bristled, and he bared his fangs, but said nothing. Rocket did not talk about his origins, not without copious amounts of alcohol. Peter had seen and heard more than enough to know that it was bad, and revisiting that dark place in his mind was not something he ever wanted to force on his smallest teammate. Hank, by contrast, was literally screaming. Rocket's little threat display to appear larger was nothing next to Pym's literal sizeshifting. Peter was worried that once he'd gotten large enough, Pym would throttle the raccoon.

So, it didn't really matter who started this argument, or for what reasons. Peter had to deescalate it, or at least redirect it. Kevin was trying to talk the scientist down. Peter had a quicker, blunter, idea. He drew his guns, and pointed them at Giant-Man.

"I'm sorry, Hank!" He shouted, then pulled the second, lower trigger on each weapon. This fired a burst of electricity from the bottom barrel of both guns, the weapon's stun setting. He didn't know if it was enough to incapacitate the growing man, but it would hopefully at least give him pause.

"Ask her yourself." Damian said, tossing the comm over to Bat-Girl.

---

"Oh, this is just the entry hall." Tony said, walking over to the living room. He tapped a hidden button on the fireplace, and it transformed into an elevator. "THIS is the way to the REAL Avengers facilities. Up here we've got sleeping quarters, a pool, a kitchen, a living room, a theater room and all that, but down this elevator is where the Avengers do their work. The Quinjets, the conference room, the science lab, the training area... oh, you're going to love it here. Women and children first."

Hank simply growled in rage as the shock hit him.
"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" O'Brien said. He pushed Pym away, letting the big man stumble outside the ship. This was going to get very messy, very quickly.
Hank stumbled back, now absolutely fuming. "KEVIN, QUILL, GET OUT OF THE WAY! THIS IS BETWEEN ME AND THE RACCOON!"
"NO IT'S BLOODY NOT!" Guardsman said, running up. "Think, Pym! He doesn't know any better. What would Jan say about this?"
"...control your temper. Calm yourself. Breathe." Giant-Man said, calming down and shrinking back to normal size.

Rex

Resident Furry
Peter spared a moment to glare at Rocket, who shrugged at him. They would probably have to have words later, for now though, Peter hustled out of the ship. Rocket looked back at the engine, straightening out his fur with his free hand. Pym was lucky Groot wasn't here. The sentient tree would have never allowed the human to threaten Rocket like that. Groot wasn't here, though. Rocket had to protect himself, now. Next time, he wouldn't be so stupid as to leave his gun in a different room.

Peter meanwhile, stormed off the ship, guns in hand, "Right or wrong, I'm not going to let you hurt my friend, Pym!" He paused, Hank was back to normal size already. That was quick? The man holstered his guns.

"What the hell was that about!?"

Bat-Girl caught the communicator and said," Hey, where are you Jason?" Barbara asked in the communicator. Red Hood burst through the window and hugged Barbara. "I'm right here." Jason exclaimed.

Barbara released him when she saw what was behind Jason. "Uhh, what's that?" Barbara said, in awe,"It looks like... Earth...But it's above us."

Red Hood turned and instantly knew what Barbara was talking about. There was another Earth, and it filled almost all of the sky of Gotham. "What the hell." Jason casually said.

Doctor Strange dropped Nitro before he could put him in the Raft. New York's Sky had been replaced by another Earth. Stephen knew exactly what was happening
An Incursion. Stephen dropped Nitro and stammered to Yellow Jacket and Iron Fist," If You'd excuse me, I have to make a phone call."

Strange gestured for his company to come in. He then left the two heroes with Wong and walked into his study. He grabbed his phone and called Tony Stark. Stephen waited impatiently for Stark to pick up his phone.

Tailon

Gryffindork
After finding the trophy in the middle of a ramshackle obstacle course at the fairground which had once held Haley's circus, Dick relayed the information and resumed his patrol. Shortly thereafter he received the word back that the Riddler's puzzle had been solved, he was at Wayne Enterprises HQ. Clearly Nygma was quite off kilter this time.

Too far to intervene at HQ, Dick instead redirected to Wayne Manor, hoping to meet up with the Bat.

"This is so cool." Peter stated ecstatically, stepping into the large elevator. "Mr. Stark, I-I don't know what to say." Even every detail within the elevator captured the teen's attention, everything looked so shiny and new, and awesome. "I can't thank you enough, Mr. Stark. Really, this is so... mind blowing!" He laughed quietly as he stared at Tony Stark, whom he'd idolized since the Iron Man was born.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Damian said. He then ran over to a computer and began to type away. "after Ra's's death, we got all the files on the League of Assassins on the Bat-Cave Computer. As per protocol, I should be able to access it through this terminal. Hopefully the League has something on this. Call father! He needs to know about this."

---

"Pym... well, he-"
"I got angry." Ant-Man said, sitting down. "*sigh* I'm sorry, Quill. Sorry to Rocket, too. I shouldn't have said what I did."

"That's what it's made for, kiddo!" Stark said as the elevator reached the bottom. "But that's not even the half of-"
"Mister Stark! We have a Priority Omega situation! Report to the conference room immediately!" Jarvis said.
"Priority...? Oh, crap! Kid, it might be time for your first mission." Stark said, dashing to the conference room. "Jarvis, put it on screen!" As soon as he said it, the roofside cameras showed another earth in the sky. "Oh, this is bad. The DEFINITION of bad. Kid, suit up. NOW." Stark then tossed Peter a card before taking out one of his own, pressing the button on it. "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!"

Back on Pym's end, his card beeped and said "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!".
"What's the problem, Tony?"
"The problem is another Earth is on a crash course right towards us!" Tony said over the card.
He nodded. "We'll be right there!" Ant-Man shut off the communicator, running back into the ship with Kevin. "Quill, if that ship can fly, fly it!" The Quinjet closed its bay doors and took off.

A call came in then from Doctor Strange. Tony picked it up immediately. "If you're alerting me about the planet above our heads, how could I NOT notice that?!"

Yellowjacket kicked Nitro through the portal before turning back to Iron Fist. "What's got the Doctor into a panic all of a sudden?"
"Something bad." Iron Fist said, pointing at the sky roof.
"What the?!" Scott said, frantic. "WHY IS THERE ANOTHER EARTH IN THE SKY?!"

Last edited:
"Well, do you know how to stop it? I've been doing research on inter-dimensional irregularities, and this is one of them. It's called an Incursion." Stephen said
panicked. He looked through his spell books for the spell calls the Defenders with." To save both universes, we have to destroy that Earth." Stephen exclaimed as he used the spell.
The Flash was doing what he usually does, running. He was running to the Hall of Justice, because him and Green Arrow had just finished a mission for the Justice League. Nothing to major, just shacking up some D-Grade villains. As soon as The Flash neared the Hall of Justice, he saw it. Green Arrow was teleported behind The Flash from the Watchtower. "Uh, Ollie, what is that."

"Probably something to big for my bow and arrows." Oliver quipped. He sprinted towards the Hall of Justice and stated," We have to tell the rest of the Justice League." Barry also sprinted, but a lot faster.

Barry got to the communication grid in the Hall of Justice and sent a message saying this," All members report to the Hall of Justice. Code Red" Oliver arrived at the Hall of Justice seconds after. "Why are you so damn fast, Barry?"

Last edited:
"Is it another invasion?" Peter asked Tony as he slung his bag off. "Should I put on the suit, Mr. Stark." He reached into the bag, pulling a bundle of red and blue.

Captain America heard it. "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!"
Throwing one last punch at the punching bag, the Captain turned around, heading outside, only to encounter a planet filling up the entire sky.
Why he didn't feel any shifts in gravity was beyond him, but now he understood just exactly why the Avengers were being assembled.

Logan glared up at the sky, or, well, the other Earth that had formed in the sky. "What the hell are they up to this time!?" He growled, turning back, retracing his steps to get back to the others, and maybe get some answers out of them.

Rex

Resident Furry
Flash just so happened to return as Pym and Kevin were running off. The man watched them go, looking almost as confused as Peter himself did, before turning to his team leader. "What was that all about?"

"A second Earth is about to crash into us?" Peter still wasn't sure how Stark was able to say something so stupid and still be taken seriously. Was it a leadership quality that Star-Lord himself lacked?

"Is that code, or something?" Flash seemed just as confused as Peter. Peter merely shrugged. If it was a code, it had certainly gotten the two Avengers riled up. They had wanted them to fly though, so fly they would. Peter motioned Flash to follow him into the ship.

"Rocket, are we ready to go?" He called into the engine compartment.

The raccoon poked his head out from around the door and nodded, "Good as it's going to get with what's available at this dump. Like I said though, only enough life support for the bridge. Once we get to space, we're not leaving the top deck until we get to Knowhere."

So be it. It wouldn't be the most comfortable of situations, but it would get them home, where they would be able to get some real repairs done. The raccoon joined their little posse as the trio made their way up, past the second deck, which was home to the living quarters, to the top deck, the bridge. Said bridge was divided into two rooms, the cockpit, which featured just enough chairs to seat the three remaining Guardians, along with all your typical ship flying amenities. Only one pilot's chair, though.

The second half of the bridge was the access terminal for the ship's computer systems - Rocket placed himself here, which was fine with Peter - and the Sensor Array, which Flash sat in front of after some convincing from Rocket. None of them natively knew Skrull, but their translator chips made that a moot issue. Getting used to the new system would be a bit harder, but they'd figure it out. Peter sealed the entry hatch to the bridge, and made his way to the cockpit.

The trip into space was rough. The ship shuttered and groaned under the stress of escape velocity, and more than once Peter couldn't help but imagine them erupting into a giant fireball. He didn't relax until he could see the stars studding the sky, the perfect blue and green marble of Earth below them. Speaking of, he certainly didn't see and second Earths out here in space.

"Hey guys, I've got something on the sensor," Flash called. Peter supposed he was naive to think that absolutely nothing was wrong, though. He left the cockpit to join Rocket and Flash crowding around the screens of the ship's sensors.

"That looks like a jump gate," Peter noted, "except it's the size of New York City."

"And getting bigger, too," Rocket added.

"Was this the second Earth thing those two were shouting about?" Flash asked, "Do you guys think we should investigate?

On one hand, they probably didn't have the fuel to waste. On the other hand this was big. And quite literally getting bigger. Not very quickly, but it was. They had just helped fight off a Skrull invasion, and it had cost them dearly. What if this was another interstellar empire looking to finish the job while humanity was recovering?

Moving back to the cockpit, and taking a seat in the communications officer's chair, Peter paged the one person he could count on to be right in the thick of it: Iron-Man.

"Star-Lord to Asshole-Billionaire, come in Asshole-Billionaire," Peter began, trying to use levity to mask any concern in his voice, "Stark, we've got a hole in space the size of the city centered roughly over your penthouse, do you read? Please tell me the Earth is not about to be destroyed, again."

Tailon

Gryffindork
Just seconds after the call went out from the Hall of Justice, a perfectly circular rip in spacetime, though this was largely coincidental. The opening was a Boom Tube, produced by a Father Box integrated into the cybernetic body of Victor Stone, aka Cyborg, who was in the process of stepping out of it, followed shortly by a small, entirely red bird.

"Flash? Arrow? Either of you know what's going on?" Cyborg asked, immediately, "Gar and me were just catching up over a pizza when these insane readings came in, looks like a tear in spacetime big enough to swallow a planet!"

---

Nightwing arrived at the Batcave, finding it seemingly unoccupied and the Batcomputer flashing with a new message from the Justice League. Approaching the massive bank of of monitors, Dick quickly established a video link to the Hall of Justice Communications Grid.

"Hey, uh, the Bat's not home far as I can tell, what's going on?" Dick said, concerned, "Code Red is pretty big, are we talking Darkseid, rogue Superman kind of thing?"

Damian pounded his fist against the keyboard. "Shit. This is bad. REALLY bad."

---

"No ideas right now. I'll contact you if I get any. Yes, Peter. It's time to put on the suit." Tony said. "Speaking of suits, Jarvis?"
Suddenly, a part of the floor opened up, revealing a place for Tony to stand. Mr. Stark stood there, and the many parts of the all-new Mark 30 were built up around the billionaire. He caught the mask and put it on the face. "Ready to go, Spider-Man?" Iron Man said, eyes glowing. He then picked up another call from Star-Lord. "This is Tony Stark to Space-faring Jackass - I read you. To answer your question, no I have no idea what's going on. But someone else I have on the line might be able to. Doctor Strange?"

Dane Whitman was at his castle in England when he got the summons. He already knew what it was about. He ran over to his winged horse, untying him. "It's time to return to New York, Aragorn."

"We're already here, Doctor." Iron Fist said, smiling. Scott was still in shock about the Earth above their heads.

"Did you find anything Damian? if so, how bad is BAD?" Barbara asked. She stepped up to the computer Damian was at.

Red Hood followed. He nervously partnered his fingers on the desk. He waited for Robin's response.

While Oliver was talking to Victor, Barry answered Dick's Video call," Dammit, Bruce isn't anywhere? Well, there's kind of another Earth on a collison course with our earth. I think we'll need everyone we can get to stop this thing, call the Titans on behave of the Justice League, and get them here ASAP."

As Oliver was talking to Victor, Martian Manhunter arrived. The green alien floated trumphiantly, only to land by Ollie. "You summoned me?" Was all J'onn said.

"Yeah, just about..." Peter replied as he fumbled with the suit, failing to get his arm into the right hole. "Almost... got it..."
After a few moments of embarrassment on Peter's part, he successfully had put on the suit..
"A-alright Mr. Stark, I'm ready!" He told the Iron Man. He had no idea what was occurring, but maybe it would be another chance to impress the Avengers.
That was when he realized he might be out for a while.
"Uh oh... uh, Karen?" He asked.
"Yes, Peter?" The ai replied. "Can you call Aunt May? I need to tell her... I'll be... out..."
"Calling May Parker."
"Thanks Kare-"
"Peter Benjamin Parker!" Spider-Man cringed at the loud voice that had erupted in his mask. "Where did you go? It's laundry night!" May continued.
"Sorry, May, but, I'm uh... uh... looking to uh, apply, at... Stark... industries..." The rookie hero told her nervously.
"Oh. Well, good luck Peter, but please try to be home before dinner."
"I'll try May, thank you." Quickly, he hung up with a sigh. He turned to Tony Stark again.
"Why did you sigh?" Karen asked.
"I'm definitely ready now, Mr. Stark." Spider-Man stated, ignoring Karen's question.

"World-ending bad." Damian said, pointing at the computer. "The League of Assassins didn't know anything about this - this is from the information that Doctor Fate gave Bruce about apocalyptic events. This is called an Incursion - it's a rupturing of the space-time continuum that brings two Earths together. We've got just a few weeks before the two planets crash together and we all die!"

---

"Good. As soon as the others get to the mansion, we're heading to the Sanctum Sanctorum." Stark said. "Sorry we didn't get a chance to train - we've got a mission to handle. Meet you upstairs!" Iron Man flew up the elevator shaft.

Last edited:
Peter debated crawling up the shaft, but he didn't have very many fond memories of doing that, so he decided to simply take one up.
"Hey, Karen? Can you set an alarm for... 6 pm?" Spidey asked.
"Of course, Peter. Do you have any selection of ring tone you prefer?"
"Uh, something... bouncy." He replied as he rode the elevator up.

"Is there a way we can stop it?" Barbara asked. She knew that this was bigger problem than any of them could handle. Maybe even bigger than the Justice League alone. The Riddler scrambled to he his feet, only for Red Hood to knock him out cold.

"We should head to Bat Cave and regroup." Jason sighed. This was some heavy news to learn. Jason and the rest of the world as he knew it would be over in few weeks.
________

"We have to wait until the Avengars and the other Defenders arive here." Strange stated. He took a seat and put his hand to his chin. "We don't know what's on that other Earth, we have to be prepared for anything."

Rex

Resident Furry
"Stark? Hello?" Well that was strange. Peter was sure Tony responded to his hail, but the feed had cut out, and he wasn't getting any sound. He pushed himself out of the comms chair, and poked his head back through the door, into the second half of the bridge were Rocket and Flash still were. "Comm line went down."

"What?" Rocket returned to his own seat at the systems computer, and ran a diagnostic. Then he grunted, "Oh, great going Star-Dork, you broke it. Your little long distance call overwhelmed the grid and fried that part of the system." So they had no way of getting into contact, good to know.

"Strange is calling the Defenders," Flash said, quite suddenly. How Flash knew that, Peter wasn't sure. It was actually a little creepy.

"That's that, uh, magic guy you used to work for, right?" Peter asked. The other man nodded, so Peter followed up his question with another one, "Do you need to go?"

"Well, joining the Guardians kind of means I'm not technically a Defender anymore, I think?" Flash looked as sure as he sounded. "And even if I was, you're my superior officer now, so I'll defer to your judgment, Star-Lord." Flash said his code name with a touch of light amusement. Flash had faced dangers in the past and maintained a level head throughout. It was a quality Peter appreciated on a team that had mostly been made up of hotheads and Groot.

Peter thought about it for a moment, before sighing. "At the moment, we're three assholes without a clue in a jury-rigged Skrull scout ship. It might be best for us to return to Knowhere for information and repairs, rather than dive headfirst into this. We'll return as soon as we can, hopefully, if whatever this is is dangerous, Stark and the others can hold out until then."

"Yeah, then we'll be three assholes with a clue and a fully functional Skrull scout ship, those odds sound so much better," Rocket grumbled.

And so, their next course of action decided, Peter began preparations for their jump.

Last edited:
Stature shouted for Speedy from the other room."Speedy! You have to come see this!" Speedy rushed back into the room. Starfire gestured towards a news report.

The Reporter talked about the Incursion, in little detail. Speedy stammered," So another Earth has appeared in Gotham City, in world were aliens and magic exist, that's still weird. No, that's freaky!"

Knock knock knock
Logan glowered as he crossed his arms, standing outside of the residence of Dr. Strange. With a call to Charles and a quick jet ride later, the Wolverine had arrived.
"Strange! You called!" He yelled.
He'd seen the Earth above, and assumed some asshole like Stark had done something out of their boundaries again.
Heads would roll of Strange had only called the Defenders for some tea.