• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Marvel vs DC: Dawn of the Incursion Discussion

Tailon

Gryffindork
"I have rings, but no hands, a rope that doesn't tie, a net that doesn't trap, and a tent that doesn't shelter. What am I?"

Rex

Resident Furry
Does Flash even know Peter then? Did he fight in Iraq? If so he could be like twice Peter's age. Is he even a Spider-Man fanboy? Would Spider-Man have even existed for Flash to get inspired by? The whole reason Flash lost his legs in Iraq was because he was shot and he kept going to save his superior officer because "that's what Spider-Man would do."

Flash does know Peter because he came into his school for a presentation on the history of war, and Peter was quite intrigued. Spider-Man has been around for a few years, so yeah, Flash would be inspired by Peter. But on Earth-1213, he lost his legs and got severely injured fighting against Thanos' Badoon army to save the lives of a few New York civilians, including Mary Jane and Aunt May. Spider-Man showed up just in time to save him, and he bonded with the parasite in the Venom Plague that Doctor Octopus unleashed on the city. He joined the Defenders for a short time with these new powers given to him by Venom, before joining the Guardians during the Skrull Attack.

I still see imbalance in the two sides.We need more members of the JLA specifically. I'll be adding Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz) to my character roster.

Tailon

Gryffindork
So uh, how did Robin and Red Hood get the information from the trophy Nightwing was getting seeing as I couldn't post?

Rex

Resident Furry
Sorry to burst your bubble, @Eeveechu151, but:

m4tZvFH.png

Pym, Kevin, and the Guardians are on the wrong side of the planet to see the second Earth.

@AstralDarkrai a thing I'd actually like to bring up. Dr. Strange certainly has access to some tech, but he wouldn't use a button to call the Defenders together. He'd use a spell. There aren't any Defenders card or stuff.
Also @Dave Strider Wolverine is a Defender, too, so he'd hear Strange's call.
Oh, and I was also hoping I could fill out the Ant-Man roster of heroes by taking The Wasp (Janet Van Dyne).

Oh, and I'd also like to bring up just who the current Crimson Dynamo is. Anton Vanko sacrificed himself to save Guardsman early on, and the current Crimson Dynamo is his old co-worker and enemy of Stark, Alexander Nevsky. You know, the Crimson Dynamo that was one of the major factors in "The Beginning of The End", considered one of the best Iron Man stories and, alongside Tony Stark's origin in Tales of Suspense #39, the best Iron Man story of the Silver Age of Comics.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
AHEM.

Alright. Here's the deal.
I've received a number of complaints here regarding Eeveechu151's posts which somewhat force me to drop in here, put my RP Moderation hat over my admin hat and remind you of some things.

First of all, pointing you to the RP forum rules, specifically the segment having to do with Autoing. Eeveechu151 has been making minor autos here and there - but a lot of minor things add up and may confuse other members. I've been informed that Eeveechu151 has been creating assorted Riddler riddles where the Riddler as a character has been claimed by another RPer - this caused confusion later on and a report against Tailon who wrote a brief Riddler segment under the assumption that the character wasn't entirely "claimed" but was an NPC usable by multiple members. I've looked into that incident and heard it may have been resolved.

However, later instances occurred where Eeveechu151 controlled Rex's character without his permission or input. You don't get to decide someone is ignoring your quips, or that someone ostensibly made an error and pressing the point. In-character arguments escalating as a result or not, deciding Rocket put together a certain section of circuitry without asking Rex about it first and pressing the issue is autoing Rex's character - and a minor auto is still an auto, and is still expressly forbidden by our rules!

Second there is a matter of continuity issue here. Assuming this two-earths nonsense is operating on Marvel-esque Incursion logic, the other Earth should only be visible from a certain location - an incursion point. It seems that it's been established that the incursion points here are New York and Gotham - and this means, Eeveechu151, that you are creating a continuity error by having DC Earth also visible from Indonesia. The fact you "don't want to rewrite this" doesn't really enter into it - especially when it's probably pretty easy to, instead of switching the overhead cameras on, switch to an inevitable news report from New York about how there is another Earth in the sky all of a sudden. This CAN be resolved using a minor edit - and NOT editing it and thus resolving the continuity error - which, by the way, our rules say something about too! - can either be interpreted as laziness or as simply not giving a damn. And quite frankly, if you don't give a damn, then what is the point?

So I'm stepping in and straight up telling you to edit your post and be more mindful of your autoing (i.e., keep your claws to your own characters, please), or risk action taken against you.

The rest of you, carry on, make sure the rules are followed and for gog's sake, don't make me have to write novels on your discussion thread again.

...wait, I did what now?
Actually, I see what you're getting at Stellar. My apologies. Shoulda been a bit more careful. May I explain my actions a bit...?
The thing about the Riddler hunt was me trying to move the plot along in a way I thought was alright - guess it wasn't. My bad. My logic behind it was that the Riddler trophies left behind weren't exactly Riddler himself, so I thought that the Riddles left on the trophies (which there were, as Astral pointed out) were fair game. I'll try and fix it, but I don't really know how to do that without Astral's cooperation and the posts already there...
Pym and Rocket... yeah, I can see that. Sorry. Thought I was just establishing a way for a problem to arise between the two, which would lead to Hank's outburst. I'll fix that.
And the thing about the Incursion appearance? ...honestly, I really have no explanation for that. Just I guess there was stuff I wanted to do. I'll get to it now and hope I can get it done before 12:00 AM. (It's 10:35 for me now...)
Thanks for the reminder, Stellar. Some people may see it as a bad thing, but I see what you're doing. I screwed up a bit. I'll fix it. Thanks for telling me when I made a mistake.