• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Marvel vs DC: Dawn of the Incursion Discussion

@Mr Fishykarp I've already got most of the stuff worked out, and it's not as complex as the normal universe. Plus, everyone making up backstories all at the same time... do you know how many contradictions that would lead to?!

That's fine, I'll change the Secret Avengers reference with Venom to Defenders, and I never really liked Kitty or Ben as part of the team anyway. You'll have to forgive me, the Guardians are my little corner of the Marvel universe, so I've been keeping up with them as best as possible. I never specifically stated WHAT shot down CITT, so Skrulls work. Changing the references to Carol is a bit harder. Is it possible she could have known and been friends with the Guardians even if she didn't adventure with them? If not, I'll rewrite that part of the post to explicitly mention the Guardians fighting Skrull instead.
Well, the Avengers were definitely friends with the Guardians - Tony especially, who went out and fought with them on multiple occasions. You could probably just change Carol to Tony and it works. Plus, it allows for some interesting character interaction between the two of us!

Rex

Resident Furry
Carol changed to Stark, Secret Avengers changed to Defenders. I'll try to keep you informed of references I'm making going forward so we can make sure they work. Sorry for any confusion my post may have caused in the meantime.

I really enjoyed the classic Batman and Spider-Man mix. I enjoyed it so much, I took the time to learn it on piano. Alongside Megalovania of course.

Who else thinks that Karen, Spider-Man's ai, was flirting with him in Homecoming?
(Also, could I have Spideys current suit be the Stark enhanced one with Karen, minus the training wheels protocol, but still with the baby monitor protocol?)

Well, that's kinda what I was thinking. Avengers Mansion was destroyed by the Masters of Evil at the end of A1, so Peter wouldn't have been there. He's been serving as a Second-Class Avenger for about a year, though, but really only knows about Stark Tower (which the Avengers used as their base for a while).

We were about to have a little thing happen with Spidey, still waiting for Tony, Jarvis, Vision or someone to reply, as Pete is, you know, now at Avengers Mansion.

Rex

Resident Furry
A little organization, since the first post hasn't been updated lately:
Characters marked with a (?) have had their titles used by multiple characters. As such, I have listed the original user of the name, but more clarification is requested should this be incorrect. I have also included characters used in the main thread that weren't claimed here.

This means, that with fifteen Heroes, two Allies, and ten Villains, DC features twenty seven characters, while Marvel features thirty eight characters, split between fifteen Heroes, four Allies, and nineteen Villains. Despite DC's character deficit, Batman holds a plurality of characters, fifteen of the sixty five characters (sixteen if Nightwing is included) stalk the streets of Gotham, a majority of the DC lineup's twenty seven.

On the Marvel side, there is no clear majority, though a plurality of characters originate from Iron Man (ten) followed closely by Spider-Man (eight) and Ant-Man (seven). Taken as their superhero teams, however, the majority of Marvel characters are part of the Avengers sphere of influence, with only five of the fifteen Marvel Heroes (Iron Fist, Star-Lord, Rocket, Agent Venom, Guardsman) never joining the main team, though of them, Iron Fist joined the "New Avengers," Agent Venom the "Secret Avengers" and the second Guardsman, Michael O'Brien, was the Avengers' security chief.

... As an aside, I have no idea where to take the scene between the Guardians, Pym, and O'Brien, so unless @Eeveechu151 has any ideas, I'm good to timeskip.

Last edited:
Shoot, I forgot about the first post. I'll take what @Rex made and integrate it into the first post. The time skip is not happening, due to the Riddler Hunt on the verge of ending.

Just to even things out on the Marvel/DC ratio. I'll be picking up a few more DC characters. Kid Flash (Wally West) Starfire (Korind'r), and Speedy (Roy Harper Jr.). I feel like I'm swimming in characters.

Rex

Resident Furry
Oh, slight problem I've noticed:
I'm playing Flash based on his comic book counterpart, where he is an adult. Served in Iraq, where he lost his legs below the knee. Bonded with the Venom Symbiote, went to space, evolved into a new form of super soldier.
It appears that @Dave Strider is playing Peter based on his movie counterpart, where he is barely a teenager. Still living with Aunt May, still in high school, doing his very best to make Iron Man notice him.

Well, Rex, Flash in this timeline is actually a few years older than Parker. Peter is a Senior in high school, while Flash joined the army and got his legs blown off. Also, I should probably clearly outline who's part of the Marvel teams, shouldn't I...? Oh, and Rex? JARVIS and Vision are different programs in Earth-1213.
First-Class Avengers (The Original 12)
Iron Man (Tony Stark)
Captain America (Steve Rogers)
Hulk (Bruce Banner)
Thor Odinson
Ant-Man (Hank Pym)
Wasp (Janet van Dyne)
Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)
Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff)
Black Panther (T'challa)
Vision
Second-Class Avengers
Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
Beast (Hank McCoy)
Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
Hercules
War Machine (James Rhodes)
Falcon (Samuel Wilson)
Doctor Strange (Steven Strange)
Wong [unofficially]
Luke Cage
Iron Fist (Danny Rand)
Yellowjacket (Scott Lang)
Black Knight (Dane Whitman)
Wolverine (James Howlett/Logan)
Swordsman (Jacques Duquesne)
Star-Lord (Peter Quill)
Gamora
Drax the Destroyer
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Agent Venom (Flash Thompson)
Tic

Last edited:
To get the RP going and end the Riddler Hunt, in my next post, Batgirl is going to set herself free and kick the crap out of Nigma. Is anyone opposed?

Uh, yeah. That can work, but I'd like to have Damian find the last trophy, figure out the location and cut Batgirl's chains.
Also @Rex remember, Giant-Man just make a quip to Rocket. Find a way to work with that.

But Pete is still waiting for something to happen. I can't exactly do... anything yet. You got Iron Stark and basically control the mansion, so I was just waiting for you to get Pete in, because, I don't know if you saw my last post, but Spidey boy was asking stuff.