• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mario & Luigi: Dark Duo (Discussion/Sign-Ups)

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
The problem for me is that some characters deserve to appear more often. It was my belief with Yoshi that he could potentially have been under-represented even the games you base them off of as he could have easily been a super mario rpg travelling gang member.

Yoshi is going to join the team, but not until much later. The main cast has no reason to go to Yoshi's Island until after the Shadow Blade is complete.
What i'm saying is that, in most Mario games, THE Yoshi is seen outside of Yoshi's island. It's not normally a compulsory thing to have that location with him. It's the other Yoshi characters who are found on Yoshi's island. Do you know what i'm saying?

There's still not a good way to fit him into the story without forcing him, and having him be home with, y'know, his FRIENDS AND FAMILY makes sense in an RPG that's much more logical (by comparison that is) than the mainline platformers.

There's still not a good way to fit him into the story without forcing him, and having him be home with, y'know, his FRIENDS AND FAMILY makes sense in an RPG that's much more logical (by comparison that is) than the mainline platformers.
I mean, in some mario games, Yoshi hangs around Peach's castle. It's in his character to deviate away from the other Yoshis.

He has no reason to go there, though. I’m treating Yoshi more like a Yoshi than a resident of Toad Town, and don’t have a place for him before the completion of the Shadow Blade.

I know I Wasn't Invited but can I be Fawful?
Maybe Mario too.
And Starlow?

I want Good talking part's because, Duh, I'm Talkative already.

"FINK RAT!" -Fawful, Superstar Saga
"Let's-a-go!" -Mario, Mario and Luigi Series
"HELLO YELLOW!" -Starlow, Mario and Luigi Series

(Omg there is a Fawful Translator XD)

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually, no one's taken Mario yet. So sure, they're yours! Welcome to the RP, Ghostly. With that, we should FINALLY have everyone we need to start the RP! @GreninjaTrainer013, @Fraseandchico, @Ratbag the Coward you guys still up for this? Also Ratbag, you gonna take any more characters?
Maybe. But I wanna focus on what RPs I am in. Ghostly Jazz Hand's seems to have bumped this topic so i assumed it was dead.

Nice. Once you make this on th Rp page, Let there be a Light!
(And a Link.)
So hyped because literally this is one of the only open Mario and Luigi roleplay's that still are in Ask to join territory.

Frase is Peach, so I'm gonna wait until the main trio is gathered together to have the Starshroom land. Oh BTW, any characters not yet taken will be RPed as by me until someone takes them.

I was thinking Fawful could Turn into Dark Fawful, Because of the 'Darkness stuff' involved in this Roleplay. This Okay or...?

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Petey Piranha is going to be the boss of Chapter 1. And sure, you can have him.
2) If I remember correctly, I was going to have Mouser and Birdo appear as Popple's assistants, having them be a trio as a miniboss later on.
3) I've got my own plans for Fawful, so just keep him tucked away for now. Since he's just a little speck of darkness at the end of Bowser's Inside Story... I'll DM you about his involvement when we get to Chapter 4, as that's his first planned appearance.

I may as well take Bowser Jr and Waluigi (for smash) since they aren't taken already for some reason, please. What would they do in the story? I suppose Bowser Jr. would be with the other koopalings in the castle and be apart of the story when it comes to realising the castle has been taken, right? And would Waluigi start out wherever Wario is?

Bowser Jr. is Bowser's #2 in pretty much everything, so whenever Bowser's remotely involved Junior will be there. Waluigi meanwhile is the vice president of Wario Inc. and the head of security, so the Bros. will have to deal with him first in Chapter 2.

Bowser Jr. is Bowser's #2 in pretty much everything, so whenever Bowser's remotely involved Junior will be there. Waluigi meanwhile is the vice president of Wario Inc. and the head of security, so the Bros. will have to deal with him first in Chapter 2.
Oh right I see. What does Wario Inc. do in this universe and where is it located?

Wario Inc. is a massive company with several subdivisions that actually do some pretty cool stuff. Wario Kart advances car tech and holds charity races, WarioWare makes video games, Wario Quest conducts explorations, Wario World works on environmental projects and WWWario makes incredible new tech. Now that Wario's greed has been satisfied, the more charitable aspects of his personality are finally able to shine through - Wario's a good businessman and has a heart of gold deep down. Wario Inc.'s main HQ is in Wario Tower, Wanner's Village, Penny Plains. Wario and the gang live nearby in Diamond City, but Wanner's Village is a better place to set up for business' sake. The Bros. will be headed there in Chapter 2.

Wario Inc. is a massive company with several subdivisions that actually do some pretty cool stuff. Wario Kart advances car tech and holds charity races, WarioWare makes video games, Wario Quest conducts explorations, Wario World works on environmental projects and WWWario makes incredible new tech. Now that Wario's greed has been satisfied, the more charitable aspects of his personality are finally able to shine through - Wario's a good businessman and has a heart of gold deep down. Wario Inc.'s main HQ is in Wario Tower, Wanner's Village, Penny Plains. Wario and the gang live nearby in Diamond City, but Wanner's Village is a better place to set up for business' sake. The Bros. will be headed there in Chapter 2.
Oh right, I see. Thanks for telling me!

Sorry for taking so long to respond! I had the post halfway done when Dad forced me off the computer. Anyways, meet our villain, Phantom! During the chaos, Bowser and Jr. should be moving in to secretly kidnap Peach.

Can everybody in the Mushroom Kingdom, including those at Bowser's Castle, see the arrival of the Phantom? Sorry if I messed up by saying that Bowser's Castle is in the Mushroom Kingdom, I dont know Mario lore too well, but should the other characters that arent are the palace be able to see her?

Not likely, since she's human-sized. Phantom's voice carries all over Toad Town, but only Toad Town. Other characters will find out later through passing on information.