• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 1: Day Five (June 29th-30th): Concrete Dancefloor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
MAFIA MASSACRE CONTINUES

Yoshimitsu is the latest to be killed by the Mafia, continuing the spate of killings that have been occurring nightly. He was found early this morning, encased in concrete. The Doctor, however, was nowhere to be found.​

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Re: Day Five (June 29th-30th): Concrete Dancefloor

... heh, encased in concrete. So he's, what, a statue now? Let's place him outside the room as a nice decor :D (jk iluEl~)

All jokes aside... Darn, El's dead. Why am I not surprised that the mafia will go after him after he was able to give concrete evidence for Red's involvement? I'm more surprised that the doctor hasn't healed El. <<

... and now that we have some of our most prominent game members dead, I suspect mafia will become a quieter game. |D (looking through previous posts, it's easy to see that Dway, Sho, Red, and El posted more than most others) OR it leads to more accusations. But I suspect it might be the former. ^^;

And we seriously need more posts from Toru and Komachi, because I can't figure out ANYTHING about them, since neither has posted much/not at all.

Anyways, I'm still suspicious of Weeds. I'm more than confident that Sem's a townsfolk, unless he's a really good actor, and I'm still deciding where to place Jerty, Toru, Komachi, and Brendan. :x

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Oops, I screwed up |D

Oh well. It's better this way I'd say. Anyway. Since Weeds seems like the most likely to go next then I'll vote for him. Lynch Weeds. He was pretty adamant on killing RMA, who turned out not to be mafia, and I blame him for El's demise >=o He also ruined El's garden. I saw him do it.

Other suspicions fall on Jerty, who's only been suspicious of people who have all turned out to be non-mafia. Also Jerty has a silly name.

Toru's only posted twice, so I'm unsure where to lob him.

Also let me note that Komachi = Indie. Don't you hate name changes? I do =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Shiny Eevee said:
... heh, encased in concrete.
Shiny Eevee said:
Why am I not surprised that the mafia will go after him after he was able to give concrete evidence for Red's involvement?
1254569426412.jpg

Sem said:
Also let me note that Komachi = Indie. Don't you hate name changes? I do =)

</3

Anyway, it is indeed a bit of a confidence blow that Tan turned out not to be Mafia.

Weeds seems suspicious for the given reasons, but I find it too early in the game for now to lynch. I'll come to a decision tomorrow.

*Indie promises to be more active*

I'm sorry, Tan, but you made a sacrifice for us and will help us to find out who the mafia are by your comments! Also, sorry El for thinking that you're part of the mafia...

Sem said:
Other suspicions fall on Jerty, who's only been suspicious of people who have all turned out to be non-mafia. Also Jerty has a silly name.

I can't help that I've been suspicious of non-mafias, but I think that Weeds is most likely to be in the mafia (so I hope he is so that we can gain some progress). Like Shiny I can't really think of where to put the others. Plus, who are you to judge who has a silly name or not?

I'm going to decide what I'll do tomorrow, after more evidence is gathered.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I am THE name judge.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I, too, have been suspicious of Jerty, but I was afraid that I was the only one who caught that he was suspicious of non-mafia members... Hence why I edited my earlier post. :x Looks like Sem caught it too, but I'm still not confident enough to name him mafia just yet.

I vote to lynch Weeds, not to join Sem's one-man bandwagon but because I truly do suspect him of being mafia.

Also... Sem, if you mess up this time, I'm totally gonna lynch you even though I believe you're not affiliated with the mafia. >=o

EDIT: Nevermind, I don't think I'mma lynch weeds. My vote goes to lynching Teapot~

Unfortunately, Sem IS messing up. I'm not mafia. I've just had very bad luck with my suspicions. Think about it, if I WAS mafia, would I really want to say I think Mr.RMA seems suspicious, and then kill him off? That would, of course, make me seem suspicious. I'm being used as a pawn here. Personally I think Sem is mafia, and maybe Shiny as well. I thought this:
Shiny Eevee said:
I'm more than confident that Sem's a townsfolk, unless he's a really good actor
was very weirdly worded, and there is no explanation to WHY she thinks Sem is townsfolk. I'm not gonna vote yet though.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Shiny said:
Also... Sem, if you mess up this time, I'm totally gonna lynch you even though I believe you're not affiliated with the mafia. >=o

You were the first to support a Weeds-lynching, dear ;-D You wanted to lynch him yesterday, and so did other people. I'm just backing you up

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Yeah I know that, Sem, but I've always wanted to lynch you, my dear father. :3

Also, Weeds, I was added WAY later in to the game, after everything had been figured out and whatnot, and I even though it says that I've taken Rain's place, whatever her role was was probably given to someone else. There's no way that I'm either mafia or the doctor.

And I can back up why I think Sem's a townsfolk... when he was talking about mafia in chat one day, he asked Red for a list of the names, and was trying to deduce who was a probable mafia member. And also, throughout this game, he's been one of the first people to support the lynching of people who later turned out to be mafia. I was just too lazy to bring this up earlier.

Shiny Eevee said:
My vote goes to lynching Teapot~
You can do that?

Ouch though, this is the first time we lynched an innocent person, and Tan of all people. I feel bad for suspecting him for his cuteness and cuddliness. I'm hoping for more luck in finding the Mafia this time around though, I have my hopes yet!

I was honestly surprised that El wasn't killed yesterday, because of his success on bringing Red to justice. Now that he's kicked the bucket, I believe that perhaps they were worried about the doctor. Why they suddenly decided to turn around and target him a day later, when he is still a favorite, is still beyond me though. The doctor is still alive, maybe not doing his/her job, but alive nonetheless.

I don't have much time left, so I'm not going to state facts, evidence, and everything, except that I said yesterday that I was going to lynch Weeds today if he was still alive. Which it seems that he is, so it's time to weed the garden, which I'm actually doing today anyway. :p

Shiny Eevee said:
EDIT: Nevermind, I don't think I'mma lynch weeds. My vote goes to lynching Teapot~
I didn't know he was even a citizen...

Anyway, my mind is set. I believe that Weeds is either being used as a pawn or he is using reverse psychology against us. I am suspicious of Sem. Now I know that the bandwagon effect doesn't have to be or anything, I'm going to vote for lynching Sem. He has made mistakes and been blaming people a lot, and I'm pretty sure this won't be a wrong accusation.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Just remember: The one golden rule is that, if you are a member of the Mafia, do not reveal your identity. Otherwise, pretty much anything goes!

Totally abusing the rules since no rule says dead people can't talk ;3 just that they can't lynch.

If Sem was Mafia, he wouldn't have been supporting my suspicions left right and centre, which is pretty obvious to everyone.

I would say those trying to lynch Sem are clearly the suspicious ones, since he's the one talking the most sense right now.

[/ghostpost]

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I lol'd. Anyone care to join him in Jerty's accusal? Weeds perhaps?

Like El and I said, the argument that I'm mafia is extremely weak - you should know that if you've been following the game since the start, which I'm pretty sure you have. Your blind defense of Weeds only solidifies the idea in my mind that you're both mafia. In fact I will change my vote to you, Jerty.

Lynch Jerty :3

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I totally agree with what El said, and I've already noted that Sem is most definitely NOT mafia. Plus, if he was mafia, he would be backstabbing two other mafia members, and note that he's always one of the first people to vote to lynch them. It would make sense for other mafia members to bring up a case against him during the daytime round, then, but since they haven't, Sem cannot be mafia.

I think I'll change my vote to lynching Jerty as well, since he's been keen on eliminating people who are most obviously NOT mafia. ^^

Hmmm... to jump on the bandwagon before it moves or not to jump on the bandwagon before it moves, that is the question.

I believe that Jerty is mafia now as well, though I have jumped on every bandwagon for the last five days, so I think there's no harm in sitting this one out, and let everyone else do the job for me. I still believe Weeds to be mafia too, so I'll stick with voting him, because I promised to yesterday. Hey, a bandwagon's a bandwagon, it can do without me.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Dead people aren't supposed to be able to talk. Call it an oversight on my part. Sorry El. :p

Teapot said:
Each game day, I will post a new thread, and everyone can discuss who they suspect to be the Mafia members, if at all. Everybody still alive may then choose to collectively lynch one person per game day, chosen by majority vote

This can be interpreted that even the dead people can put in an opinion, they just can't vote. Which means that El's haunting is still fair game :D

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Brendan's lame if his only reasoning for not lynching someone he believes is mafia is because he doesn't wanna jump on another bandwagon. Join us ;-D

Seems suspicious otherwise, and I haven't decided what I think of you yet Brendan ;o

I promised my family and friends that I will resist temptation, so I must...

... do you have cookies on board?

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

My cookies bring all the boys to the yard~

Jerty's post seems suspicious~
lynch jerty

To throw in some solid-ish reasoning, Jerty was very intent on defending himself. More than has been done so far at that :>

Shiny Eevee said:
And I can back up why I think Sem's a townsfolk... when he was talking about mafia in chat one day, he asked Red for a list of the names, and was trying to deduce who was a probable mafia member. And also, throughout this game, he's been one of the first people to support the lynching of people who later turned out to be mafia.

Ah, see we know the Mafia's been making some very smart moves in the past, so the fact that he was asking mafia names in chat doesn't really prove anything. It could've just been a manouever to trick us. Also, the people we've lynched so far are Dwayna, Red and Tan, right? If you read through older posts, you will find that all of our successful lynchings were the Detective's doing. The one lynching that Sem suggested turned out to be a failure.

For now though, I'll abstain. I could go bandwagon-riding, but I suspect that you'll see it as me trying to avoid suspicion or something silly. I think abstaining will be the most neutral decision. I don't want to make more bad plays.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

You're trying awfully hard to make me seem like something I'm not :x

I didn't suggest Red or Dwayna but I backed them right away, which would be silly to do if I was mafia. You Weeds, on the other hand, only chose to to vote for Red until it was obvious that he was mafia and was going to get lynched. In fact your post was the last one before Database ended that day.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Sem said:
Brendan's lame if his only reasoning for not lynching someone he believes is mafia is because he doesn't wanna jump on another bandwagon. Join us ;-D

Seems suspicious otherwise, and I haven't decided what I think of you yet Brendan ;o

Sem is totally the Joseph McCarthy of town~ |D [/ouija board message]

Sem said:
You're trying awfully hard to make me seem like something I'm not :x

Right back atcha.

Thing was, I wasn't protecting Red. I had a very flimsy piece of evidence that I did state didn't prove anything. As for posting late, I saw Red's reply, in which he said he took his life, so I thought we didn't have to lynch him. For some reason, I returned later, and noticed people had voted, so I did too. It was just a mistake on my account.

-__- I guess I can blame my inability of finding the right people to accuse for the fact that I'm getting myself killed. Oh, and the ghost/spirit of El. Ah well, I'm sure the mafia will be pleased that you helped them out. I've given up on defending myself now because it probably won't make any difference whatsoever. Now I know how Tan felt...

Right now (not that it matters...) my suspicions fall on Weeds. I know he didn't vote for me, but that makes it seem like I'm mafia even more because everyone thinks he is. Although, knowing how well I cast the blame on others I'm probably wrong... so yeah, goodbye cruel people world! My last wish is that the townspeople find out who is in the mafia and that I have helped them in some way!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

JERTY LYNCHED, PEASANTS BICKER

Jertyuiop was lynched late this evening by the committee, who are increasingly disagreeing with each other as to who to kill. A thorough search indicated no evidence that Jerty was a Mafia member. This is the second time the committee have been wrong in a row, and the absence of the Detective is beginning to show.​

Clarification: Dead people can't post. You people are weaselling around with the wording of my rules. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.