• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Looking for Dark lugia

guys im looking for a dark lugia at any lv and i will gladly trade you with these pokemons.
shiny Espeon
shaimin
mew
mewtwo
and many others that cant write because im bored

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Correct me if I am wrong, but I really don't think you could get a "Dark Lugia" even if you wanted to.

The only thing resembling a Dark Lugia is Shadow Lugia, from XD. and to get that into Gen IV, you'd have to transfer that to a third generation game. This instantly poses a problem: XD will not allow you to transfer unpurified (that is, Shadow) Pokémon. However, even if you could transfer an unpurified Pokémon, neither Gen III or Gen IV have the necessary sprites to display it, so your Lugia would be the normal colour.

So, the chances of this trade ever happening is, I'm afraid, absolutely nil.

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I'm fairly certain he's lying, for the reasons I outlined above.

If he isn't, feel free to prove me wrong and I will gladly accept it.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
There is no such thing as Dark Lugia - and the Shadow Lugia does exist only on PokeMon XD: Gale of Darkness. It cannot be transferred into any of the other games until purified, just like any other Shadow PokeMon.

Either your friend is lying or he's playing a hacked version which had a Shadow Lugia coded into it by a third party, in which case, I pity the fool. xD