• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Karasuwho? || A Haikyuu!! RP Discussion

REBOOT; Current; https://pokecharms.com/threads/karasu-who-a-haikyuu-rp.22288/

old/ver. 1; https://pokecharms.com/threads/karasuwho-a-haikyuu-rp.18209/
~~~

I have decided to create a roleplay based of "Haikyuu!!", which is basically an anime centered around high schoolers who participate in their schools' volleyball teams. Now, a Sports-themed RP seemed difficult at first, but after giving it some thought I have faith that this can be done right (depending on who joins and how well they can write, because if I am being honest: this kind of RP will require lots of detailed posts, especially during matches).

To help clarify some things,

Rules

• All PokeCharms General Roleplay rules must be followed. They are all pretty much common sense, but if you need a refresher you can find them here.

• All characters must be originally created, due to reasons stated a little below.

• Please, for the sake of my sanity, refrain from filling the RP with a bunch of Hinata's. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we all love little 5'4 people that can jump 20 ft high, but it can get annoying really quick trying to abuse the same skills as canon characters over and over =)))

• Cursing is allowed due to reality, but only within reason, please.

• You may have multiple characters, but a maximum of only two may be allowed to be on the same VB team.

=================================================

Plot/Characters

Alrighty, so to avoid any confusion with canon, all current characters within the series have already long graduated, and the school of Karasuno High and other schools are quite different themselves. All Japanese high school Volleyball Clubs have actually been made coed - both males and females allowed to play on the same team. However, this will only actually happen depending on who all signs up and what the gender ratio is. Its not very realistic, but I want everyone to be able to make their own characters exactly how they wish to (plus it creates a lot of room for development and drama lmao).

Even though the two schools that will mainly be focused on are Aoba Johsai, and Karasuno, no one has to be on either of those teams. If someone wishes to make their own school/team up, just say so! But you will have to have at least one other roleplayer interested in joining. Name

Character Sheet:

Name:
School:
Grade:
(1st, 2nd, or 3rd Year)
Height:
Weight:
Appearance:
Personality:
-
Strength:
Weakness:

Alright guys! Thanks for reading all of this and hope you are interested and want to join!

giphy.gif
929f56018d592b69f290334d69df8868.gif

Last edited:
Name: Shiro Miyamaki
School: Karasuno High
Grade: 2nd Year
Height: 5'7
Weight: 130 lbs.
Appearance: Ashy blonde hair, with deep hazel eyes. He is athletically lean in physique - decent in muscle but more so in his legs than his arms. Wears multiple black stringed bracelets on his right wrist. Has a tendency to wear grey hoodies with running shorts more than anything else.
Personality: Shiro is a dedicated, social person. He finds joy in communicating with others, and playing sports. He is also thoughtful, however, even though his show-off, go-getter attitude makes him adept in soccer and volleyball, it causes him to make many mistakes both in life and on the court due to not taking time to think. Although he is a hard worker, he tends to become quite lazy and careless at times of exhaustion.
-
Strengths:
Speed, Quick thinking, Receiving, Spiking
Weakness: Strength, Setting/Blocking, Motivation

Last edited:
I would be out of my mind if I didn’t join!

Name: Asuka Kondere
Grade: Second year
Height: 5’3
Weight: 109 lbs
Appearance: A petite build, with shoulder-length, ash-brown hair, often tied into a ponytail with sideswept bangs. Her eyes are bright green with very sharp pupils, and she has multiple ear piercings. She’s usually seen wearing some sort of windbreaker and athletic branded leggings. Often wears white sneakers, and some colorful bracelets on her wrist. Many would describe her as pretty and energetic.
Personality: Bubbly, optimistic, and fun to be around. She knows how to bring out the best in people, and how to approach them based off of their personalities. But because she’s so bright, she’s very naive and has been taken granted for multiple times. She can get frustrated on the court after not much time of losing.
-
Strengths:
Spiking, setting, and receiving.
Weaknesses: Can sometimes get distracted easily, pushes herself to the brink of passing out, and kinda clumsy.

Last edited:
Sounds like a lot of fun! Count me in!

Name:
Ryota Yuichi
Grade: (1st, 2nd, or 3rd Year) 2nd Year
Height: 5'9
Weight: 139 lbs
Appearance: Ryota has short black hair neatly brushed to the left. He has a medium build and chocolate brown eyes. He usually wears a t-shirt of any kind, navy jeans, and grey sneakers.
Personality: Ryota is a little introverted upon first meeting, but he easily becomes one who is extremely kind hearted and loyal to his friends.
Strength: Support-- receiving, setting (if the need arises), blocking, a quick thinker, agile
Weakness: Freezes up in tough situations occasionally

Last edited:
@OmnipotentOnion Accepted! Feel free to post in the RP whenever you wish!

@kageyama I'm just simplifying it and having you tryout as the same grade you have in your bio. (So the school year pretty much just started, and so my character is a new second year student, trying out as such in the RP and will remain as a second year until the next year)

Hi, I'm late. And if you guys are planning on continuing this RP. Well here is my sheet.

Name
: Kozue Tsubasa
Grade: 2nd Year
Height: 6'
Weight: 152 lbs
Appearance: Kozue is one of the taller members of his team, and is a powerful spiker. He has dark brown shaggy hair that is cut at a medium length, and wears a black bandanna over his forehead. He has a a chunk of hair that is dyed red, that hangs over his bandanna. On the court his number is 6. Off the court, he usually wears tank tops, primarily black or red ones to show off his somewhat muscular arms. He wears brown baggy cargo pants, and black and white sneakers. He has a dark brown soul patch below his lip, being one of his more common features.
Personality: Kozue is a ball of energy. He loves to have fun and eat food. He is fit, and this is because of his love of hard work. He is stubborn and often won't give up on subjects or ideas. Once he is set on something there is no stopping him. He is a goofball and seems to lack shame or the ability to regret doing stupid things. He makes jokes and isn't afraid to make a fool of himself. However if he sees a pretty girl, he can get tongue tied. He's best when doing simple plans and complicated combinations through him off. He isn't the brightest flashlight in the box of flashlights. (Best Analogy EVER!!!)
-
Strength
: Playing Ace, Spiking, Eating, Running, Anything Physical
Weakness: Pretty Girls, Tofu, Caterpillars, School, Complex Plans,

oh yeah @Platinum_ with this reviving, is it alright if i make asuka a setter?

i won’t change any pervious dialogue, i’ll just make it so that she ends up getting the setter position instead of libero owo

heck yeah of course!! its been so long you can do whatever you want lol. i actually need to probably re-read through the thread and make sure i have my character's stuff straight o_o

about that; it’s a weird proposal, but i had something in mind..

would you guys be down to reboot the whole thing? it’s a bit selfish lol but there’s.. a LOT about my character i don’t like. i made the character when i was still really new to rp, so now that i’m better at writing (hopefully), i feel like there’s much more i could do.

I completely understand lmao. feel free to throw in a new character sheet here and we can work from there.

however when it comes to RP I'd like to simply start where left off, aka our characters already made the team and know eachother because I don't want to go through the whole tryouts thing again LOL. Unless you guys strongly want to start all over? I don't mind.

I'll probably end up making a new official thread for the RP itself regardless, so definitely make sure to gather everything you might need from there because when I post the reboot (or one of you guys can if you want!) I'd delete the original.

same here! just wanna change a bit here and there in terms of my bio

EDIT: new bio because i don't wanna double post lol

Name: Miyaji Kojiro
Height: 5'9
Weight: 139 lbs
Appearance: Miyaji has amber eyes and a physique slightly leaning on the more muscular side, and his skin tone is a bit more tan than average. His hair is black and comes down a few centimeters short of the bottom of his neck. His bangs have streaks of brown and are parted to the left, and he has a slight undercut on his right side. His usual outfit outside of his uniform consists of a black nylon bomber over a white tee, navy jeans, and white sneakers.
Personality: Miyaji tends to be rather stoic and, occasionally, painfully oblivious. Having been involved in everything volleyball since a young age, it takes up the majority of his thoughts, and sometimes can cause him to lose focus on anything different. However, he can also be quite smug, often irritating both his teammates and opponents with his demeanor alone, not to mention his defensive skill.
Strength: Support-- receiving, setting (if the need arises), blocking, a quick thinker, agile
Weakness: At risk of freezing up in tough spots

Last edited:
we're gonna change the name of mine bc its way too close to a different oc lol WHOOPS

Name: Minako Hikawa
Height: 5'4" or 162 cm
Weight: 107 lbs
Appearance: Minako has shoulder-length waves of hair dyed a warm grey with dark roots (think similar to miya osamu LOL), and a somewhat thin frame with a fair complexion. Her eyes are a pale green -- sharp and upturned with dark eyelashes. She's usually found in some sort of monochromatic windbreaker and athletic leggings, followed by white sneakers.
Personality: Sweet and salty - as per usual. Minako's bark is worse than her bite by a long shot, meaning her demeanor is usually unwelcome, cold, and aloof. Most people see right through it, though, especially because the exterior she displays on the court is tranquil and quiet. She can be quite protective of her friends, but will also snap at them if she finds it necessary.
-
Strength:
Court-awareness, rational thinking; setting, receiving, and serving
Weakness: Is known to overexert herself

Last edited:
Heyoo
I wasn't sure if it's too late to post a bio, but i thought since it seems like you're rebooting it would be alright to join

Name -
Toba Ishimoto
Gender - Male
Age - 16
School - Karasuno High
Grade (1st, 2nd, or 3rd Year) - 2nd Year
Height - 5'7 (170 cm)
Weight - 120 lbs
Appearance - Ishimoto's build is naturally athletic, though his legs aren't as bulky as his arms. His deep-silver hair is swooshed to the left, giving it a windswept sort of look. His eyes are light brown (almost amber), paired with long eyelashes and relatively fair skin complexion. Outside of school, Ishimoto commonly wears a blue or grey short sleeve shirt with black and white sports joggers. He also rarely adorns a "Way of the Ace"shirt that his brother gave to him.
Personality - Toba can be extremely rambunctious, due to his bold and boisterous personality. He's got an unfaltering determination to win, and will go to extremes to do so. Though when he starts to play badly it can really halt his momentum, as he hates making mistakes. Ishimoto is usually the one starting conversations, even if it's poorly timed.
-
Strength -
Spiking, specifically precise cut shots and line shots--blocking, quick-witted.
Weakness - Lackluster receives, obsessed with winning

Last edited: