• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Kanto Journeys (Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Storm, Volt Switch!" Darrius calls. Star comes in and makes contact with Raichu, taking and dealing damage, then Storm retreats to her Pokeball.
"Come on out Reaper!" Darrius shouts, and the Scizor reappears on the battlefield.

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!
Casys fumbled with his phone's touchscreen as he tried to answer the device. "Hello?" Misty's voice rang from the other end. "Did you get a good spot for the tournament?" Casys responded that no, he did not in fact get seats yet. "I still have to get the rest of my team from the Pokemon Center." Misty paused for a second before asking, "Do you wanna meet up somewhere for lunch?" They made plans to meet up at a nearby Pangoro Express. After hanging up, Casys walked to the Pokemon Center. He got on the video phone with his mom and asked her, "Can you send Eclipse and Xenith?"His mom smiled, holding up a Dusk Ball and a Poke Ball. "Okay, sweetie!" A few moments later, the Balls were sent through the chute attached to the video phone. "Thanks, mom!" Casys exclaimed before hanging up. Casys released the two Pokemon: An elegant Zoroark and a fearsome Archeops.

As Brief was walking around he hears a lot of noise coming from the gym he decides to go check it out. As he walks in he sees Surge using a pretty strong Electivire he spots Robby being shaked by Levi he chuckles to himself as he walk toward them. "Hey Robby and Levi its looking like a heated battle dont you guys agree what is that cool looking bird pokemon that guy is using?" Brief asked the two trainers.

Knox was flying back and forth on Levis shoulders trying to hang on. "Pinch!" it yelled as it bit down on his head. "Aaah!" he yelled as his eyes welled up. "Oh, sorry buddy hehe, return for awhile.' Levi put Knox's pokeball back, jolting slightly as he felt no other pokeball on his belt loop. Man....im not used to going around without em... he thought to himself.

Last edited:
"Yaji drop down with a brave bird and come in strong, don't give any time for a reaction just charge!" Aaron yelled out to his Decidueye, Yajirushi dove down at high speeds rivaling that of a quick attack

"Well, I guess if everyone is withdrawing their best pokemon I might aswell do the same." Robby said as he shrugged.

Last edited:
The Brave Bird hit Elective hard but Electivire couldn't give up, "This battles coming to an end Aaron," Surge said calmly, "Electivire, use Thunder!" Electivire shot a Thunder attack at Yajiruchi.

"Are you and me going to be teamed up in tournament tomorrow?" asked Brief confused. "I guess I must have missed the roster" thought Brief.

"Yaji" Aaron spoke "Double Spirit shackle, one to cancel that Thunder, but dive to the left as well, and then one more to stick Electivires legs to the ground, we need some space for our dance" Aaron explained the battle strategy to Dicidueye and he calmly nodded shooting a powerful arrow at the lightning causing a large explosion, then before the dust could get in his way, he dove to the left for a better vantage point and shot a Spirit shackle at Electivires legs

Brief sees Robby getting excited about something he is calling a Z-Move. "Robby what is this Z-Move thing I keep hearing you say what is it some kind of combo or something?" questioned Brief as he continues to watch the battle.

"Now Yaji, Bloom Doom" Aaron yelled out to his Pokemon, suddenly they moved in perfect synchronization, Aaron crossed his arms into an X, his Z-Ring glowing with power, he swung his arms down and then clasped his hands together, moving them upwards in a snaking fashion and opening up into a jumping jack form charging his Pokemon with immense power, Decidueye then released his new power releasing a large beam of green light into the air that then came crashing down onto Electivire exploding into a flower. once the flower had dispersed you could see flowers growing out of cracks in the ground and virtually no damage done to the field, in the middle you could see Electivire laying fainted

Levi stodd there staring at the field. So....looks like he wasnt bluffing, this tournaments gonna be a challenge. He laughed slightly before getting up adn leaving the gym, walking towards the pokemon center.

"Wow, Incredible!" Robby yelled as he shielded his eyes. "I can't wait to face that during battle"

Last edited:
Surge smiled when the smoke had cleared, "Return Electivire," Surge said as he re-called Electivire and walked over to Aaron, "Aaron I remember when you first moved here to Vermilion City, you and your Dartrix have grown a lot, So please take this Thunder Badge as both proof you won at the Vermilion City Gym and proof of your growth." Surge handed Aaron the badge.

"Congratulations Aaron!" Landon yelled while waving, "Your Z-Move was awesome!"

Levi enter the Pokemon Center and walked up to the table. "Ah Levi, are you here for your pokemon?" the nurse asked him with a smile. "Yeah, the gym match is over now" he took his pokeballs and walked out of the Center. Its a good thing Knox won, if not i'd have to challenge the gym all over again. he said internally before walking towards the gym, only to be hit by a man on a bike. "Oh sorry kid, in a hurry. You wouldn't happen to Know a Levi would you?" Levi looked surprised. "Yeah..thats me, why?" The man opened his backpack and pulled out a parcel. "I believe this is yours, sign here" He did so then opened it up. Thanks mom... he smiled as he put on a short sleeve white jacket with black trim. He was about to head to the gym when he heard a pokemon battle. He followed the sound to see Darrius and Ry going head to head.

Ry closed his eyes. Darrius kept switching his Pokémon. He had to stop it somehow. "Star fly up and use Brave Bird," Ry shouted opening his eyes. Star hit the sky and then turned in mid air. She shifted her course and charged Reaper.

There was a large explosion that shook the battlefield. When the dust cleared he saw that Star had fainted. "Star return," he said returning her. "Go Voltage!" Ry shouted tossing out the Luxray's pokeball. "Use Fire Fang!" Voltage rushed forward with his teeth in flames.

Levi watched the battle. "Glad to see you guys warming up!" he yelled with a smile. He ran his hand across his five pokeballs. Cronus...Orion...Vex...Uri...Knox....who will I use? He'd been thinking about his options the whole day. He couldn't decide if he wanted to win or to train. The tournament would be good for both...its been awhile since ive battled just for fun..... he looked up, eyes cold and serious. "I intend to win.." a small grin appeared on his face. This one....this tournament, this ones just for me.

"Reaper! Use X-Sciss--" The Luxray approached a little faster than he had anticipated, and fire fang makes direct contact, and knocks out Reaper. He pulls her Pokeball up and recalls her.
"One for one by the looks of it. Kingsly, let's go!" He shouts, tossing the next Pokeball into the air. The giant armored lizard appears on the battlefield.
"Tar!" he roars.
"Use Dragon Dance!" Darrius calls. Kingsly is cloaked with the bluish red energy involved with it's attack.

Landon left the gym on a call on his Pokegear, "Yeah, I promise I'll call you when the ship docks, bye," he hung up, Landon walked into the Pokemon Centre and to one of the phones and transporters. Landon dialed Professor Rowan, "Hello?" he said as he picked up, "Hey Professor it's Landon, it's been a while," Landon responded, "Yes it has, now what can I help you with?" Rowan asked, "I'd like you to send these two Pokemon," Landon held up a list with two names: Victreebel, Slaking. "Right, but first off how many Pokemon do you have on you?" Rowan asked, "Five sir, I'll be sending my Venomoth," Landon replied, "Alright then let's begin," Roawn responded. Not to long after Landon had completed his transfer, "There's no transfer machine an any ships so I got you guys before we left," Landon said to the Pokeballs in his hands. Landon left for the rooms where trainers slept and changed into his pajamas and laid his Pokeballs on the nightstand next to him along with his Pokegear which buzzed immediately after he placed it on the stand. Landon picked up the Pokegear which had a message saying: 'Stay safe I heard the SS Anne has sunken in the past' Landon replied then set the Pokegear aside and fell asleep immediately.

"Go Electric Terrain!" Ry yelled. The field got surrounded in a pale Yellowish energy. "Now Wild Charge!" Ry shouted. Voltage rushed ahead, with his body surrounded in Electricity.

"Wow the power of that attack was incredible I just hope you dont have to do that weird dance to active that power" said Brief out loud as he gets up and walks out of the gym. "I may want to make a call when I get to the Center" Brief said to himself making his way to the Pokemon Center.

Well there is one way to severely increase my chance of winning. he thought to himself as he walked away from the battle, surprisingly not interested like usual. He wandered around for awhile before he ended up outside the Pokemon Center, as he approached it he saw Brief. "Hey, Aaron win his battle yet?" Levi asked with a smile.

Voltage jumped into the air to avoid the Earthquake and continued his route towards Kingsley. "Hit him with that Wild Charge!" Ry shouted making a fist.

Just before entering the Center he spots Levi. "Oh hey Levi yeah he won his battle after seeing what he can do I'm going to make a call to have some pokemon brought over what about you" Brief lazily said to Levi as he makes his way into the Center currently calling someone on the PC.

"To be honest, im not sure what im doing....everyone seems to be bringing out all the stops and are calling in there best pokemon. How many are you supposed to battle with anyways?" he asked as he walked beside Brief into the Center, not sure if he should follow through with his idea.

"Umm well seeing as the tournament is going to be a tag battle I am going to guess and say each trainer is going to have two pokemon each as for the others I don't know what their reasons are for calling in their best but I will have to say they probably want to make this tournament an incredible one and giving it their all you should as well" said Brief as he smiles at Levi.

The last few words said by Brief finally helped Levi decide. Guess its time to go all out. he thought with a smile. He left the Pokemon Center, unsure of how he should approach the situation, as he walked he past by a video phone. "Well if this is fates way of telling me to man up its doing a good job" he walked over to the phone and made a call. "Hello, whose there? Im kinda busy." A man slightly older than Levi stood on the other end, he was looking at a file but put it down to look at the video phone. "Oh....Levi, its been awhile, how are you?" the man asked with a faint grin. "Im doing good, I made it back to Kanto, ive been traveling.." Levi was barely able to get his words out. He stopped and took a deep breath. "Look, im entering a tournament today and I wanna increase my chances of winning" he said with the most confident tone he could muster. The man smiled. "Say no more, im glad to send him over, he'll be happy to see you" the man took a pokeball out of his pocket and transferred it to Levi. "Thanks....a lot" Levi said with a nervous grin. The man picked his files back up and continued his work. "Of course.....anything for my little bro" he said before hanging up.

As Brief watches Levi walk off he hears someone on the other end of the video call. "Hello who is this?" said a fairly aged woman. "Oh hey there Professor Juniper its me Brief can you sent me Warrior and HyRule" the newly revealed Professor Juniper looked surpired. "Its been awhile Brief I'll send them right over how is it in Kanto did you met any new friends while you there?" asked Juniper. "Yeah I met some great friends" Brief processes to tell her all about the guys. "They sound amazing also your pokemon should be there right...now" right as she said it one Pokeball and one Dusk Ball was sent to Brief. "Thanks Professor talk to you later" Brief hangs up Brief looks down at the two balls "Nice to have you guys with me again I hope you are really we have so fun"

"Alright guys lets warm up before this tournament!" Robby exclaimed as he and his Pokémon trained. "I wonder who will be on my team." Robby said aloud.

"Double team!" Ry shouted. Voltage took the attack and jumped back. Then he began to clone himself. "Okay Wild Charge!" Ry yelled. Voltage rushed ahead, but this time, all the clones did the attack from all sides.

Voltage got knocked backwards and slid. "Okay now go Fire Fang!" Ry shouted. The Luxray jumped up and charged with his teeth in flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.