• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Journey Through Hoenn

Alex grinned slightly at Niomi's words, it seemed they were all going to be challenging each other, It was good, because that meant they would serve as one another's motivation. At the girl's question Alex scoffed, "Ya know the usual-" he quickly shrugged as he raked his mind for an excuse. At Kyle's words, Alex nodded "I seriously thought that Charizard was a dragon type!" he grinned rubbing the back of his head, it wasn't even true and he was blushing of embarrassment, he hated to sound dumb or insufficient in anyway. Alex always was a good liar though and it sounded pretty believable. "Whatever," he then shrugged, "Let's get moving!" he grinned.

The girl pursed her lips, hiding a laugh, but it escaped. In fact, she was laughing so hard it hurt her ribs, and she doubled over, supporting herself on her knees. When she got her laughter under control, she stood back up, wiping a tear from her eye.
"Oh, my God, wow.. You're a horrible liar!" she stated to Kyle with another giggle. "You could've totally just told me that you didn't want me to know, but- Oh my God that was spectacular.." her words faded off to faint laughter.
"Besides, if you really were talking about dragon types, I would've loved to join in. I actually have a Gabite," she added, trying to hide the pride in her words. "But yeah, we should start walking before it gets dark."

"I have a poke nav plus" said Luna. "So it has a built in map, nearby pokemon and... a feature I will not mention" said Luna. "Follow me everyone!" said Luna as she motioned her to follow her. "I forgot to mention Kyle already knows but I want to be a coordinator." said Luna. "Chic and I love to dance!" said Luna. "People think all contests are "sparkles" and "pretty outfits" but it might be just as hard as gym battles since I perform with my pokemon I have to be as good physical condition as Chic." said Luna.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
"I'm good for a boy liar..." Kyle said as he started walking. Kyle would of actual loved to talk about dragon types. But then Luna caught his attention with a poke nav. It seems that kids these days always have the new trend. "So where are gonna stop and can I cook?" Kyle said happily. It might surprise many people but this guy loved to cook and since he's a battler he has to be ready for anything. Since treecko and Kyle were little they always liked making new pastry. He caught up with Luna and tried strike a conversation. Leaving Alex and Niomi in the back. Kyle had tried to listen if they start a conversation.

Niomi took her Pokedex out of her pocket. It had a little plus sign on it, so she assumed this meant she had the PokeNav Plus as well. It did alert her about nearby Pokemon, so that assured her. She looked down at the map.
"Well- I don't think we'll make it to Oldale Town by sunset, considering the sun's just started to go down. But we can set up a little camp along Route 101, which we're on... And- wait, you cook?"

JPSomeone

"Like yes and if you wanna see the food and get a taste we better make it half way through this route or whatever is closer but also faster." Kyle said. He shook his backpack, you could hear a pot rattling in it. But whenever shook his backpack treecko ran into his beanie and camped in their until it stopped or fell asleep. Kyle had felt he surprised his friends but also amazed them. "So are we gonna share tents with people or did everyone pack their own?" Kyle asked.

Niomi's face flushed.
"I, uh. Don't have one," she offered, her voice raising slightly in pitch, which happened when she was nervous or feeling awkward or embarrassed. "But," she added quickly, "I-I can just pull an all-nighter. Keep watch." she muttered, her cheeks flaring pink. Niomi was usually pretty snarky, and not afraid to hold back, but she was also very easily flustered.
Already she regretted saying that. He would probably take up on her offer, while in truth she was really quite tired.

JPSomeone

"Hey it's ok I think Alex has one and would probably share with you." Kyle said smiling. Kyle had held back a laugh before but this, this was just hilarious to him. He burst into laughter after the first five seconds he said that. He laughed so hard a tear came out his eye, he wiped the tear "Well brought my tent." Kyle said happily.

The girl's face went a violent red, and suddenly what they were talking about earlier made sense.
"Why you little-!" Niomi huffed, her face a dark shade of crimson. She crossed her arms. "I'm still just gonna keep watch, but if a bunch of Mightyena come to eat you, I'm letting them," she grumbled sheepishly. It was a joke, but in the midst of her embarrassment, her jokes were... not violent, but maybe a little dark.

JPSomeone

"Okay but now for real I cooked up that soup that everyone likes and I brought cookies for desert." Kyle said while drinking the soup. He handed Niomi a ball and waited for Alex and Luna to come over to get some. The soup had potatoes, beans, and other vegetables that made it taste good. Lastly the cookies were home made so nothing real special about them to others, but to him they were like memories. "So how does it taste?" Kyle asked.

She took a cautious sip of the soup, her brow arching in surprise. The broth was thick and creamy- potato based- and she could taste each individual factor. The frothy potatoes, the steamed carrots, red kidney beans, chives, pepper, etc.
"Esto es bueno- I mean, it's good-! But it'd taste better with a Figy Berry," she added with a lick of her lips, referring to the spicy, almost tangy berry that grew near Sootopolis. Niomi was still struggling a bit, it appeared, with managing her Spanish and English. She was used to speaking Spanish around her parents and family, but now it appeared that English was her best bet.

"Lucky for you I actually have some!" Said Luna smiling. Luna dug inside of her bag and pulled out 3 figy berries but kept them low. "Well looks like I don't have any" said Luna while laughing. "Why don't you ask Alex?" Said Luna elbowing Niomi and putting the berries into Alex's bag. Luna got up before Naomi could strangle her and she set up a Shelder themed tent. She started to change. Before she did anything she poked her head outside her tent. "Don't even think about it Kyle or Alex" said Luna. She began to get undressed.

Niomi scrunched up her face, completely confused as to why she was the source of their playful teasing. Had she said something suggestive on accident? Had he?
She shook her head and huffed, shuffling around in her bag, grabbing a spare change of clothes. But- wait.
Uhghhghhhhgghhh.
Niomi wasn't the biggest fan of sleeping with too many things touching her, so most of her sleeping clothes were short and simple, but now she didn't even want to wear anything, to avoid their teasing. But she couldn't sleep in what she had, so..
"Luna, when you're done in there, tell me, please! I need to change, too.." the girl called, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Mudkip piped up at her in probably the most adorable way possible. Niomi chuckled and picked the little creature up, placing him in her lap and quietly stroking his head. Mudkip made a purr-like sound that wasn't usually associated with anything other than things like Skitty and Litten, pressing it's head against her hand cheerfully.

JPSomeone

"First of all you should know I'm not one of those guys, second of all I didn't bring a tent." Kyle said looking shameful. Kyle thought it was weird she would think he was one of those guys but it was ok because haven't know each other that long. He also didn't know much about Alex so he can't very sure. Treecko was still sleeping in Kyle's beanie. So he put treecko down next to a Niomi still in the beanie. Pulling out his sleeping bag and a little tree for treecko. "Well I was smart enough to bring all this and not a tent... I'm smart." Kyle said. But then he heard what Niomi had said. "Hey we are all kinda like a mini family now so we won't make fun you." Kyle said with a reassuring smile. But then again he also needed to change. "I also need to change so don't take to long..." Kyle said also worried about his wardrobe.

Last edited:
Niomi shot a look at him.
"I thought you said you did bring a tent!" she exclaimed, chuckling faintly. A harsh burst of freezing wind went over them, and she immediately grabbed the beanie holding the Treecko and seemed to curl into herself, hugging the Mudkip and Treecko to her chest, to keep the cold from reaching him, even though it put her in direct range of the chilled air. She shivered, the two Pokemon in her arms and maybe a little squished, but still warm.
Despite her harsh demeanor and occasional taunts, Niomi really was a caring person. She put others first, usually, especially people or Pokemon she cared about. Hence her keeping Mudkip and Kyle's Treecko warm.
Silently, she started weighing her options.
They couldn't all fit in Luna's tent, and they were too tired to keep going. But it was also too cold for just sleeping bags. She pursed her lip and just silently hoped Alex had one.

Last edited:

JPSomeone

"Woman, would you like to search through this backpack for a tent?" Kyle said with a little rage. He had thought his way of sleeping if Alex didn't another tent. He would go to the nearest tree put his sleeping bag on it get in it and fall asleep. While if treecko woke up and got out his beanie would go into his mini tree and fall asleep. Hopefully no one would take his hat if treecko got out of it. This may sound strange but grass type were Kyle's favorite type of Pokemon. He knows everyone would go for the fire or water type but he chose a grass type because he likes the out doors and nature. "Alex! Do you have a tent?" Kyle said while furiously searching through his backpack.

Last edited:
And it was then that Cole Aredetta made their acquaintance.
"Uh.. are you guys having some difficulty?" a cool voice interrupted their panic, and Niomi flinched and looked up to see a tall kid maybe two years older than her looking down at them with a cool smirk. He looked at Niomi and his eyes seemed to widen a bit, but he said nothing. The pigment in his cheeks said enough.
"Um- yes, but- who're you...?" Niomi managed. The boy chuckled.
"Cole. Cole Aradetta. I heard you needed a tent?"

JPSomeone

"Do you know him and does he have a tent?" Kyle asked patiently. He had decided to change his mood cause he wasn't going to get to sleep any quicker if he argued. Plus if he didn't Kyle had a plan b so it's all good. Then he realized he had to introduce himself. "Hi Cole I'm Kyle and over there sleeping in my beanie is my partner treecko." Kyle said. Treecko still sleeping rolled over in the beanie.

"I'm finally done changing" said Luna with a small yawn wearing a red button down shirt with love balls on it and matching pajama pants and with her ribbons out. She instantly saw Cole. "Umm, Hi Cole I'm Luna. To my right is my friend Chic" said Luna with a smile. "Tor!" Said Torchic happily while still eating a cookie with sitrus berry jelly.

Alex, who wasn't exactly panicked watched everyone else become more frustrated as they realized nobody had a tent. He didn't have one either, but sleeping on the ground didn't really bother him. Smeargle looked up first at the newest trainer to arrive, causing Alex to notice him as well. Immediately his eyes narrowed, Alex didn't like him. He didn't know him, but he didn't like him. Taking a step backwards Alex nodded hesitantly, "Alex." he introduced himself materialistically, "Smeargle." he then pointed to his partner who nodded.

Niomi disappeared into the tent for her turn to change, leaving the rest of the group alone with the newcomer.
"I have a tent, if you guys really need one. I'd just need to camp out with you," the taller boy offered, a little grin still on his face. He seemed to wave faintly to all the Pokemon more so than their trainers.
Niomi did not want to leave the tent. Her 'pajamas' consisted of pale yellow shorts about the length of volleyball shorts (AKA violently short), and a simple grey long sleeve shirt that was more of a sweater-like hoodie. But she shrugged her embarrassment off, taking her mess of hair down. It fell around her shoulders, messy curls framing her face, and quietly walked back out to greet them.
"You said you have a tent?" she asked hopefully, cheeks burning (and legs freezing).

JPSomeone

Kyle saw that Alex didn't like Cole so he pulled Alex over for a minute. "Alex I can see you don't like that guy but keep it to yourself and don't show it." Kyle said. Kyle didn't have much experience with girls because all the girls in school weren't friends with him so he didn't talk to them unless he had to. But this was different he had friends that actually cared about him at least he thought. After he talked to Alex he returned to the group. "Since the tents are too small for three people I'll sleep in a tree near where we set camp." Kyle said happily. He didn't think Luna's tent or Cole's tent would be big enough. But it wasn't a big deal he made dinner or dinner and dessert. Plus he liked the out doors so it was gonna nice. But then the girls came out the shelder tent. He let out a small chuckle. "See it isn't that bad the only ones who might be interested in the outfits would be Alex or Cole." Kyle said reassuring them.

Niomi's spine prickled with uneasy embarrassment. She felt as though everyone was looking at her, even though literally nobody was. Still, she crossed her otherwise-bare legs in a way of drawing herself closer. Her sweater was a bit oversized though, and she really liked that- because the sleeves were too long for her arms and went past her hands, so she could have sweater-paws (look it up), and slap people with her sleeves if necessary.
Cole set up a large black tent with ease, looking back at them with a little grin. It was kinda huge, big enough to fit a family of four.
"So- sorry that this is kinda weird. I mean- I'm a stranger, but- Who's sleeping in what tent?" he offered.

JPSomeone

"Your not a stranger" Kyle said. As weird as it felt, Cole might travel with Kyle's group and his adventure family would get bigger. This 'Adventure family's might be the best thing that happened to Kyle. But he couldn't stay in his thought he had to quickly make up his mind." I mean we only have about 5 people and one would have to sleep outside..." Kyle said. He put his sleeping up against a tree and put treecko who was still sleeping in the beanie right to his sleeping bag. "But I am gonna use the tent to change into my sleeping attire" Kyle said as he went into the tent.

Cole nodded briefly, shuffling through his bag for something, grabbing a Pokeball and unleashing a series of Pokemon. He'd been a trainer for two years more than the others, so he had his collection.
"Charmeleon.." one voice hissed.
"Umbreon..."
"Lux, Luxio."
The boy grinned at the minors before him as his team appeared.
"Charmeleon, Luxio, Umbreon. Guard the tents. " the boy ordered. It sounded like a reasonable command- they never knew what was out there. But it seemed a little extra, and it was obvious he was showing off.
Niomi shot the others a look. There was a faint bit of concern in her eyes, as well as confusion.
"Was that really necessary?" she muttered as Mudkip let out a tiny whimper. She took the trembling blue creature in her lap, her eyes still fixed on Cole.

JPSomeone

Kyle walked out the tent wearing a black, white, and orange tank top, and checkered black and orange pj pants. "Well I'm gonna hit the hay" Kyle while walking to his sleeping bag. He got in it and instantly fell asleep. It was like a foongus using spore. But it was good he slept great.

Alex rolled his eyes, "Oh wow!" he muttered sarcastically towards Cole, no longer able to restrain himself Alex shook his hands in mock enthusiasm, "Who would have expected a pokemon trainer to actually have pokemon?" he gasped before grumbling as he brushed past Kyle and into the tent to get changed. Alex changed rather quickly, coming back out in a pair of black athletic shorts and a simple white T-shirt- he patted Smeargle's head before glaring at Cole. "I'll sleep out here too." he then stated as he sat down, partly it was his way of showing his distaste of Cole, but he also was used to sleeping outside.

Cole smirked smugly.
"Sounds like a plan." he replied smoothly. It all kind of seemed like that was a plan of his.
"I'll.. sleep outside too.." Niomi muttered quietly, scooping Mudkip up in her arms, and retreated to a tree next to the one the boys had slumped over at. Midkip nudged her with a little smooth paw as she fell asleep. Even in her sleep, she felt the little creature's body pressed up against her side, but eventually it felt like he left..
Strange.

JPSomeone

Kyle slept great but his dreams were wild. He had dreamed about treecko but not his own. This treecko belonged too a guy with green hair, he carried a note book about types and how to beat them in his own way. This guy and his treecko gone through can't less challenges. As this treecko grew surpassed it's own strength and evolved then did it again to become a mighty sceptile. But then some how the sceptile evolved even further. Then it shifted to his own treecko evolving one stage at a time. After that he was talking to Professor Birch about something. (Cough small fourth wall break Luna follow along with the story cough) His dream shift just then they were going what it was.

Niomi was not the prettiest sleeper, especially considering she was sleeping against a tree.
When she woke up, the sight others usually saw was as so;
A small Spanish girl with faint circles around her eyes. Her hair a mess, a single strand plastered to just under her lip by a thin, faint line of drool, and her eyes drooping shut as she struggled to stay awake, thick black eyelashes hiding her eyes.
And her overall appearance was the same that morning, but her expression wasn't tired.
Niomi woke up with an odd feeling of dread that didn't pertain to anything specifically. She sat herself up against the tree, softly clicking her tongue to call Mudkip. But he didn't come.
This was her first sign that something was wrong. Mudkip always came at her call.
"Mudkip," she called groggily, standing up. She was the first to wake up. But he didn't come. She shouted louder. "Treecko, help me find Mu- Treecko..?" she cut herself off when she saw that the Pokemon wasn't in the beanie. (To Alex and Luna, just yell that your Pokemon is gone, too, if you want Cole to have stolen it. I just wanted to hurry and reply but never got your input.)
She went to check the huge black tent to see if Cole knew what was going on, but the tent was gone as well.
Her stomach dropped.
"Kyle!" she shouted, running back to the tree and falling onto her knees, shaking him in a way that was almost violent but more like urgent.
"Our Pokemon are gone!"

Alex slept with both his hands behind his head, it was a restless night for him- and it seemed that someone was awake in Cole's tent as well but he didn't mind it too much. Eventually the boy fell asleep, Smeargle leaned against a rock not far from his trainer and fell asleep after marking it.
Alex was a deep sleeper to say the least, a train rushing by usually wouldn't wake the boy up- but today, for whatever reason Niomi's cries to Kyle had woken him. Rubbing his white hair, that splayed out in all directions- he fixed it slightly with a brushing motion of his fingers. His blue gaze took a bit to adjust before he, stood "Smeargle?" he called the pokemon with furrowed eyebrows. Alex and his companion weren't exactly close, but it was unlike the pokemon to just wander off in such a way.
Alex came up behind Niomi, with more anger than concern. "I knew that sneaky jerk was up to something." his face became red, "It was the Cole kid, I swear it had to have been!" he yelled and clenched his fist. "Come on, let's make him pay-" he growled, it was too late for plans; the ferocity that plastered Alex's expression made it clear he wasn't gonna wait around for anything.

JPSomeone

Kyle woke up to aloud noise and getting shook. He went tap treecko but he was gone. He had to not show his panic. Which he was good at for the most part. Then he realized he was still in his sleeping attire. Kyle put on his beanie. "Lemme get dressed" Kyle said. He put on a shirt then he just realized something else. " Hey um... Do you mind if I use yours sleeping bag and mine to make a small changing room?" Kyle asked

Luna woke up and she got dressed. She pulled out a compact mirror and brushed her hair put in ribbons. She put on a button down shirt with red and black plaid and black jeans. "Chic, Morning" said Luna while yawning. She looked inside Chic's bed and saw she wasn't there. "Chic's gone! Darn it Cole!" Said Luna. "He also ate my leftover cookies from last night! Wait, no it was Luxio and Charmeleon." Said Luna.

Niomi was, to say the least, pissed.
"Lo juro, ¡está tan muerto cuando lo tengo en mis manos! ¿Quién se cree que es, de todos modos?! ¡Aprende a llevar a mi compañero!" she spat, too busy with being furious than to bother making her words understandable. The girl was fuming, and she groaned in the midst of her anger. "¡Voy a matarlo!"
(Roughly translated, she says: 'I swear, he's so dead when I get my hands on him! Who does he think he is, anyway?! Learn to take my partner! Ugh, I'm gonna kill him!')
Now, Niomi wasn't the easiest to get mad, so when she did get upset, she got very upset, and tended to act without thinking. Which perfectly described what she did next.
Niomi punched a tree as hard as she could.
People punched things when they got angry, so there wasn't much reason to ask something dumb, like; "Niomi! Why'd you do that?!"
What was sort of impressive was her right hook. But she busted the skin on her hand, and her knuckles bled. But she clearly didn't care.
Niomi also didn't like showing emotion, especially when she was sad, so her grief was often represented in anger when it did seep through. Clearly. Too distracted to change or whatever, the girl put her hair up in a messy excuse of a bun in the matter of seconds and immediately grabbed her bag, slinging it over her shoulder. She slipped on her shoes and waited, more so impatiently than patiently, for her group.

2 Swellows and 3 Silcoons fell on top of her tent. "I'm as mad as you but ya think you couldve punched a tree with 5 wild pokemon over my tent" said Luna slightly annoyed. Her head had a bruise that was slightly noticeable because of her pink hair. "I'll get my aid kit for her hand" said Luna.

JPSomeone

"chica fría." Kyle said calmly. Kyle wasn't the one to get mad easily but still things messy hair stuff don't matter. Kyle went into Luna's tent and changed into blue jeans with ripped holes then put on a white and cyan blue shirt. Once he came out he thought he was ready. His eyes flared with a green fire. "Chico, lo encuentro, le daré un aliento de dragón que nunca olvidará." Kyle said. Meaning boy when I find him, I'll give him a dragon breath he'll never forget. But for now he felt like asking question and staying calm. "So Luna when's your first performance?" Kyle said with a smile.

Niomi shook her head. She didn't want a kit, she wanted her companion back.
"No, no- it's okay, I just- God, I'm sorry-" she mumbled, her cheeks flaring. And then she looked at Kyle with a surprised look on her face. "You know Spanish..?" she muttered, disbelief evident in her tone. She was still rigid with fury, but his words caught her off guard.

JPSomeone

Kyle looked at Niomi eyes still flaring with a green fire. "Yes I do speak Spanish but I rarely use it Amiga." Kyle said. Kyle took Spanish classes as kid and caught on quickly. He didn't need to surprise people but then he did surprise her. He looked at her knuckles. "You do need first aid though." Kyle told her.

She dismissed him with a wave of her hand.
"I'm fine," she insisted. Her eyes burned a similar green fire, but paler- icier. Like the burn of frostbite. Her eyes were her best asset, but also her most chilling. "We need to go find that little hijo de-" she cut herself off at "son of a", firmly deciding that they might get a little upset at her. "-..And get our Pokemon back.." she muttered.

JPSomeone

"We will find will him and get everyone's starter's let just the other here while we follow Cole's trail of cookies." Kyle said. (Ik xd mlg pro) He got up and started following the trail. Even without Niomi he didn't give tomato. Kyle was going to find everyone's starter even if he didn't get help. Then he muttered something before he saw Cole. He quickly jumped to get in a tree and a good view.