• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Journey Through Hoenn

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Rules

Ok here's how it's going to go we will follow the normal role-play rules. But here's the main ones I want up you guys to remember: No God Moding or aka OVER 9,000, I don't know if this is a rule but No Cursing, this last one I want you to follow Please Write More Than One Sentence.

Story
As you read the title this journey takes places in Hoenn. The journey is going be a little different, first off the "Evil Team" will be Team Dark (I know very good name if you could come up with new evil team name please tell on the thread). Team Dark will kinda be like Team Rocket and like Team Flare. There goal is to use legendary to take over the world (yes I know I have to ask a admin or moderator to use legends in role-play so I will when it comes to that time). The head boss is called Alexander. But now for the good part the gyms. The gyms will go in the same order as the game ORAS. Also you choose any starter from any generation and yes I will allow Eevee.

Character

Name: Kyle
Appearance: Wears a hat to cover his hair and scar, wears a black and orange shirt, black and gray jeans, black white and greens shoes. Gray eyes and average height. Confident but kinda shy.
Starter: Treecko
Home: Hoenn, Littleroot Town

The discussion place is gonna say ask to join but you can still use that site to sign up.

Last edited:

JPSomeone

Kyle woke up with a good feeling. His buddy Treecko jump onto his shoulder and smiled. This feeling had some sort of meaning but he didn't know what so he didn't think about. He got dressed and went down stairs to his mom. "Kyle don't forget to stop by Professor Birch's lab to get the Pokedex and pokeballs." His mom said. Kyle for some reason got even more excited when he heard he's going to get his Pokedex.

"Okay mom" Kyle said. But before he left his mom picked up treecko.

"Keep my child safe okay?" His mom said. Treecko nodded and hopped back on Kyle's shoulder. Kyle grabbed his backpack and booked it for the door.

"Bye mom!" Kyle said as the closed. He ran to Birch's lab just before Professor Birch's was there. So he waited a while.

Last edited:
Just outside Professor Birch's lab Luna was practicing. "Alright, Chic Ember!" said Luna. Luna spun around while a sparkly red flame came out of it's mouth. Torchic then used scratch while spinning to do a firework dance. Luna started spinning and dancing with Torchic. "Now! Flame Charge!" said Luna while throwing her torchic into The Air. Then Torchic's Flames Spread out into s Phoenix. Torchic Then fell and landed on her head. "Finished!" she turned around and saw a guy standing outside the lab. "Ahh!" said Luna. (She gets nervous when she performs in front of people) "Umm, Did you see everything?" said Luna.

Athena stepped off the ship and entered Petalburg City. She looked around at the new city and took out her Pokegear. On her way to Hoenn, Athena had downloaded the map of the region and got a rough understanding of the region. She knew that she had to head to Littleroot Town to meet Professor Birch and get her pokedex and pokeballs. As she put her device away, Athena left Petalburg and headed towards Littleroot.

JPSomeone

"Yeah um... I saw half of it but you did great." Kyle said while smiling. He felt as if he was going to mess up meeting this person and her torchic. But you could also tell treecko felt the same way because as soon he saw the torchic, treecko climbed into Kyle's beanie. He had thought that this was one the most awkward situations he could be in but he was going to deal with it. Kyle took off his beanie so treecko couldn't hide, then he introduced himself. "Well let's start over. Hi my name is Kyle and this my partner treecko." Kyle said as he put out his hand to shake her hand.

"H-i" stuttered Luna. "I'm Luna" said while she started blushing so red torchic's flames looked blue and shaking his hand. "Heeelp!" screamed a man nearby. "Did you hear that?" said Luna. "Follow me to route 101!" said Luna as she motioned Kyle to follow her. She ran over and saw 4 poochyana harrasing a man. "Kyle! I need your help!" said Luna. "Chic, Ember!" said Luna to grab the poochyana's attention. "Looks like a battle's going to start wish a third person was here." thought Luna.

JPSomeone

Kyle came over calmly with treecko on his shoulder. He held his arm out and that's when it started. "Treecko let's get in this battle with a Pound!" Kyle said. Treecko ran off his arm, jumped while in air treecko forced his tail down and came with such power the poochyena were almost caught off guard for a second. Then Kyle realized he had no plan so turned and looked at Luna. "So what's the game plan." Kyle ask patiently.

Niomi was lost, and it was horrifically embarrassing.
She didn't want to ask for directions from a stranger, because it was obvious knowledge. Don't look strangers in the eye, and don't talk to them, because as soon as you open your mouth or make eye contact they assume you want a battle. So her partner, Mudkip, had ran ahead to try and find where they were.
She knew she was in Hoenn, because, duh. She'd never left Hoenn.
"Kip! Mudkip!" Mudkip yelped suddenly, snapping her from her thoughts, and she ran to the source of his calls.
Now, Niomi wasn't the best in social situations, so this caught her a bit off guard.
A boy, a girl, and the three Hoenn starters. The boy's Treecko, the girl's Torchic, and Niomi's very own Mudkip.
Oh, and a man being harrassed by four Poochyena, who yapped angrily and attempted to bite him.

(Cole will come in later along the road. Promise!)

"I say one person distracts and blinds while the next person goes in for the attack" said Luna. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a person with a mudkip. "I know this is out of the blue but does your mudkip know Mud-Slap?" said Luna.

JPSomeone

"Welp that's reassuring." Kyle said. The battle looked as if we were all trying so hard to win when it is really simple. But winning is easier said then done. Kyle watched treecko leap around to dodge each attack. Then out of nowhere treecko uses dragon breath on the 3rd poochyena. Kyle not believing what his eyes just saw clapped in amazement. "We'll now I have a plan. Treecko quick attack then dragon breathe let's go!" Kyle said feeling a little over confident.

Niomi didn't even say anything to the girl. Instead she looked at Mudkip.
"Go on," she prompted to the extroverted little fish creature, who excitedly let out an adorable "Kip!" and appropriately slathered the Poochyena in mud. They yowled angrily, attempting to get the sopping wet mud off themselves.
Mudkip bounced back up to Niomi with a hopeful look, and she smiled at the creature, scratching his head.
"Buen ataque." Niomi murmured. Good attack.
Her mother's Spanish always did seep into the girl's words, but it didn't matter. Mudkip stretched his head up to meet her hand, pride in the little Pokemon's face.

"Alexander please give him a chance." Alex's mother's old face begged with such an expression that the boy could barely refuse.
"But mom, he doesn't even know any moves." groaned the young male, when his mom said it made him special the boy rolled his eyes- "I want a real starter." Alex complained before glaring down at the Smeargle who swished his tail across the canvas ahead of him. Alex was suppose to get his starter today, but after a mix-up the best thing his mother could find was the abandoned Smeargle who didn't know anything about battling and was completely oblivious to anything except what it paints. Alex's bright gaze locked with the older woman's before he let out a dramatic sigh, "Fine!" he threw his hands up in a gesture of giving in.
"Do want a name?" he asked the pokemon on the floor, obviously with reluctance, and when the Smeargle didn't respond Alex just rolled his eyes and walked past his new 'partner' to the door. "Bye mom, I'll call." Alex yelled out the door, to his surprise the Smeargle got up and followed him, maybe the pokemon wasn't as dumb as he thought. And although ti hadn't gone as he had originally planned Alex was excited nonetheless.
It seemed like it had been hours since Alex had left his home and began walking. Smeargle didn't seem to mind, the pokemon just absent mindlessly walked alongside his trainer and gazed off into the clouds. Alex was begging to think he would never see another pokemon ro human again until the distant sound of a battle caught his attention. Looking down at the paint pokemon Alex changed his pace as he began walking towards the chaotic scene.

ed "Chic, Ember!" said Luna. The Ember and Dragon breath ccombined to make a reddish violet wave of energy which had knocked out 1 poochyena. "Now, Flame Charge!" said Luna which knocked out 1 poochyena. The pound knocked out another poochyena. The last one ran away because it got scared. "Thanks for your help" said Proffesor Birch. "Follow me to my lab".

Niomi exchanged a nervous glance with her partner. Surely that didn't include her?
But out of respect for a Professor, she ducked her head and reluctantly followed. She didn't say much to her new comrades, except a quiet "Nice job fighting out there" that she wasn't even sure they'd heard. It didn't bother her all that much, though.

It took Athena some time, but she was able to find her way to Littleroot Town. It was a nice little town and not nearly as busy at Celadon back in Kanto. She saw a building in the distance and recognized it as a professor's lab. Heading over towards it, Athena noticed several other kids and their Pokemon. She silently watched the trainer's Pokemon battle each from the side, as she leaned against the wall near the door.

JPSomeone

Kyle realizing his beanie wasn't on, quickly put it on and continued with the others. Treecko who surprised Kyle during the battle jumped on his shoulder and sat there quietly for the rest of the time they were at the lab. The little reuniting with Professor Birch was a little awkward to Kyle. Meeting about five other people during the battle, randomly joining to finish the job. He knew he had to do something to make it seem like he wanted to be friends with them. He struck up a conversation with everyone who was getting pokeballs and a Pokedex. "So hey guys nice battling out there and thanks for the help." Kyle said.

Alex didn't get to catch a glimpse of the battle, but he was able to watch the kids retreat to the poke-center. He stood a moment, wondering if he should follow. They all had basic starter pokemon so he could only assume they were just starting out like him, of course he was probably at the weaker end of the draw with this group knowing that Smeargle had never even battled before. Shaking his head, Alex turned the other direction- last thing he wanted to do was embarrass himself, their battle sounded intense and he doubted he was ready. Rubbing his eyes with one hand, the young trainer looked down at Smeargle who's tongue hung loosely out of the pokemon's mouth. "Let's take a break." Alex simply muttered as he walked to a large tree and sat down, Smearge immediately began to graffiti the tree.

Niomi tried a quick smile.
"I wouldn't really call what I did a battle," she chuckled sheepishly, scratching the back of her neck. "But that Treecko of yours caught me off guard a bit. That was a pretty impressive Dragon Breath move," she complimented, tucking a strand of curly black hair out of her face.
"So- what're your guys' names? I'm Niomi, and this is Lluvia," she explained, gesturing to the Mudkip. He piped cheerfully. Lluvia was rain in Spanish, so she just assumed it was suitable.

JPSomeone

"Well um..." Kyle said panicking. He pointed at Luna and her torchic. "Over there that's Luna and her torchic." Kyle said trying to put on a confident smile. Then he introduced himself, while treecko ran off his shoulder to see if the other Pokemon would like to play. "My name is Kyle and there is my partner treecko." He said as pointed at treecko. After he had introduced himself he went with Professor Birch to get a Pokedex and pokeballs.

Last edited:
"Well, it's nice to meet you," Niomi murmured, a faint smile on her face. She could see how uncomfortably awkward he was, but she didn't mind. "I actually need to speak with Professor Birch, too," she added, following. She stood there somewhat awkwardly, her hands tucked behind her back, as she rocked back and forth on her heels, waiting patiently until he got what he needed so she could speak with the Professor.

JPSomeone

Kyle talked to Professor Birch for quite a while until he got his Pokedex and pokeballs. "Professor Birch will now see you." Kyle said. After that he went to play with treecko and torchic. He managed to find a ball to throw and let them bring it back. The only reason Kyle waited is because he wanted to travel with other people. Even though he could travel alone there's no excitement in that is there? So he waited for the others to get a Pokedex and pokeballs.

She nodded, and started leaving towards the room, when Mudkip tried to follow her. She shook her head and nudged him back, shutting the door behind her. The little Mudkip didn't think much of it as he trotted away to wait with the other starters, and Kyle.
Niomi entered the center, ducking her head.
"Professor? I'm still very worried about my Gabite. That battle with the Sylveon really damaged him, and-"
"Niomi. I'm doing my best to restore the health of your Pokemon, but you shouldn't have gotten yourself thrown into a battle in the first place."
"Professor," Niomi snapped, her voice wobbling, "I didn't want to be in that battle and you know it. Gabite is a family Pokemon! He's not the best in battle yet, and he was particularly weak with that blasted fairy type Sylveon. It's not my fault that people can't control themselves when it comes to battles!"
The Professor sighed. "I understand that you're worried about your Pokemon, and my team of healers are doing their very best, I assure you. But that Sylveon's trainer was very persistent in beating Gabite up."
Niomi nodded numbly and left.
Her family had given her Gabite, the family Pokemon, as a parting gift, and with her starter, she was already ahead of the other children. But her first ever battle, a man with a Sylveon took advantage of the otherwise clueless girl and her dragon type, proceeding to pummel them, heavily injuring Gabite past fainting. It'd almost died.
"Hey, sorry. I'm back," she muttered, heaving a small black backpack onto her shoulder.

JPSomeone

"Hey did you get what you needed?" Kyle said while playing with the Pokemon. Each of the Pokemon jumped to try and get the ball out of his hand. It looked hard but only treecko managed. Torchic jumped but landed on it's face. Mudkip jumped but didn't make it. Each of them had fun until they saw the look on Niomi's face. "What's wrong?" Kyle asked.

Niomi looked up from the spot on the ground she'd been looking at.
"Hm? Oh, nothing." she shook her head dismissively. "I was just trying to get my Pokedex fixed," she added. The older girl happened to be a fantastic liar, and the strain in her head didn't make it through to her voice.
"Thanks for watching Mudkip, though."she said, going to scoop the little Pokemon up into her arms to go, but he shook his head and waddled back to Kyle, Treecko and Torchic.
"Oooh." she nodded briefly, sinking onto her knees to get eye level with Mudkip.
"¿Quieres ir con ellos?"
You want to go with them?
The little creature nodded happily, and she stood. Mudkip was a stubborn little thing, so if he wanted to travel with these newcomers, then that's what Niomi would do.
"So.. is it okay if we tag along...? Mudkip is pretty fond of you," she asked awkwardly. It wasn't the easiest question.

JPSomeone

"Sure why not!" Kyle said smiling. He picked up mudkip and had him to her. Treecko climbed on to Kyle's shoulder. Only torchic was left. He looked toward Niomi and mudkip. "Shall we wait for the Luna and torchic?" Kyle asked.

She nodded silently.
"Probably. Where is she, anyway?"
(Cough cough subtle fourth wall break cough cough.)
Niomi wasn't the best waiter- she was very impatient, so she sat herself down on a tree stump, waiting for the other girl to get situated, flipping through her 'fixed' Pokedex as she waited.

Alex glared at Smeargle before standing up and walking away from the pokemon, the Smeargle seemed to weigh whether or not he should follow his trainer before standing and walking alongside the boy. He walked right up to the boy and girl who had gathered outside of the poke-center. Despite his insecurities, Alex was far form shy and spoke his mind no matter what was on it. "Hey." he began waving at the pair before grinning, "I know that you guys had a battle earlier, pretty cool. "The name's Alex, that's Smeargle." he pointed to the pokemon who lazily saluted, "Are you guys starting trainers too?" he asked.

Niomi waved.
"Niomi," she said, pointing to herself, and then pointed to Mudkip, "And that's my partner Mudkip."
Mudkip chipped happily, and Niomi nodded when he asked if she was a starting trainer. She wasn't the best at social situations, and her voice sounded the faintest bit strained when she spoke next. "Do you not have a Hoenn starter? Last time I checked, Smeargle wasn't a starter... still, they can be pretty strong, I guess.."

"Sorry guys I there was a mix up and the delivery company lost my pokedex so they had to make me a new one" said Luna. "I have my pokeballs and dex now." Said Luna while holding up her pink pokedex. She saw someone with a smeargle. "Is that a smeargle?!" Said Luna as she hugged it. "What move has it sketched?" Said Luna as she pulled up her pokedex. "Oh, It hasn't sketched anything yet" said Luna. "What kind of move are you going to try sketching?" Said Luna.

JPSomeone

"Hey, my name is Kyle and this partner treecko" Kyle said trying to act confident. He pointed at treecko and he waved. This was a little more awkward than meeting these girls. Was this giy watching the battle the whole time? No matter it was time to make a new friend. "So are you here to get a Pokedex and pokeballs?" Kyle asked feeling dumb. Then he remembered that he was going to ask these guys to travel with him. "Also one more thing, would you guys like to travel with me Niomi? I'm going to beat all gyms and join the Pokemon league!" Kyle said while actually being confident

Niomi blushed a tiny bit at the sight of her pink Pokedex. Niomi wasn't the best at being a "normal" girl. She didn't like pink, she despised dresses, etc. This wasn't uncommon- plenty of girls strayed from stereotypes. But Niomi, who was Spanish, might I add, was expected to have a quinceañera in a few years. And of course her parents had bought the biggest dress they could find. So, her face reddened at the thought as she looked down at her simple black Pokedex.

Luna saw Niomi didn't like her pokedex (She understands social cues). Luna quickly shoved it back into her red messenger bag embarrassed herself. "Sure, I wouldn't mind coming with you Kyle. I'm Luna Alex." Said Luna. "Lets all head to oldale town!" Said Luna.

JPSomeone

"Sure let's go and begin our journey..." Kyle said. What he didn't realize he didn't know where he was going so he asked the others. "Does anyone have a map?" Kyle said letting out a little laugh. Treecko slapped his face in embarrassment. "Also while your getting a map are you trainers or coordinators?" Kyle asked.

Alex blushed slightly at Niomi's question to him not having a starter- was it really that bad? It seemed another girl had taken interest in the Smeargle as well, the trainer really hadn't thought of what moves he wanted it to learn. One move of each type would be a good idea, but he'd have to start with something. He just shrugged at all their questions, Smeargle on the other hand loved the attention. He grinned excitedly and swished his tail back and forth. "I'll tag-along, I mean we're all going the same way right?" he muttered, he didn't really plan on grouping up with anyone- but he didn't mind at all. "I'm a trainer, hopefully I'll make it up to champion!" Alex grinned, he also was slightly relieved- it seemed he wasn't the only one who had forgotten a map.

Niomi gave Luna a look that clearly read "Sorry!" without her having to speak.
Niomi nodded, a bit of excitement evident from the little grin on her face, pulling out a map from her little black backpack and handing it to Kyle with a friendly smile. "Oh, a trainer for sure. So- where's everyone from? I just came from Petalburg maybe two weeks ago."
She was a little flustered as well, that she was the one with the map. It appeared there was no good side to teenagers. Everyone was always embarrassed and blushy.

JPSomeone

Kyle had taken the map. He had noticed that everyone else had blushed but him. He also noticed that everyone has been asking questions. So he had answer them all in one go. "Well first of all I'm a trainer, I'm from Littleroot Town. Also Alex looks like you have a competition because my dream is to be champion too, and I'm not gonna stop until I get my shot." Kyle said finally actually confident. But then he pulled Alex away from the group for a second. He looked at Noimi and told Alex. "Go get em tiger" Kyle said while winking at Alex. Then went back to the group.

Alex blinked at Kyle while he attempted to interpret the other trainer's message, he cocked his head, bright blue eyes furrowing in confusion. Then he suddenly turned bright red, "Oh no no, you've got it wrong." he quickly waved his hands back and forth in a disagreeing gesture. His first rival, and the kid was already trying to give him relationship advice? She's just a random girl to, what made Kyle so sure Alex liked her. Shaking his head, Alex rubbed his eyes before returning to the group seconds after the other boy and looking down at Smeargle.

JPSomeone

"So um... Would anyone else like map duty?" Kyle said. He looked up at the sky and it looked like it was the evening which they means didn't have much time before it gets dark. "Guys who ever takes the map needs to know we should at least make it half to Oldale town before it gets dark" Kyle said. Kyle really didn't want to take map duty.

"Oh, well we'll see about that. You guys aren't the only people trying to get Champion title," she grinned. Niomi strained her neck to look at them, a puzzled expression on her face as Kyle pulled Alex back and muttered something before returning. "I'll take the map," she added, mentally wincing at her dumb little sacrifice. "But- did something happen?" she prompted curiously, still a tad perplexed as to why he had to take him aside.

JPSomeone

"You know us guys talking about those dragon types like salamence and how good they are!" Kyle said. Kyle knew he had to be quick on his feet and smart enough to make a good lie. But lying was one of the things he was good at so he had no acting or how it sounded. Then again you have to be a good liar to get past a girl's senses. So hopefully Niomi bought it. But just make sure he had to make sure Alex was on the same train so he asked him a quick question. "Right Alex?" Kyle said hoping Alex doesn't expose both of them.