• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in the Galar Region! (Discussion)

Is this roleplay full already? If not, here is a bio:

First Name: Wyndham
Last Name: De Fremingham
Personality: Wyndham is a very cold person. He likes to completely ignore people around him unless they say something that he actually finds interesting. He doesn’t speak much, but when he does, he has a very good vocabulary and grammar.
Appearance: Wyndham would usually dress in his special team flare uniform, which looks very similar to the fire tracksuits from SwSh. For this reason, and also because he needs to blend in, Wyndham has taken to wearing fire tracksuits.
Backstory: Wyndham was one of many orphans in Lumiose City who were found by Lysandre and raised as a team flare member. What made him different, however, is that after Lysandre was defeated, he ran into the legendary room under geosenge only to fail to convince his adopted father to leave. He himself left, and he sees this action of abandoning his boss as a loss of honor. So, he sought to regain his honor by going to Galar and winning the champion cup.
Other:
Crush (This is a Cryronn rp, this category is essential): Beepers. Also maybe Nessa. He just wouldn’t ever admit to it.
Pokémon (Maximum Of 2 to start.):

Pokémon Bio:
Species: Honedge
Nickname (If Any): Joyeuse
Moves (Allowed one Egg or TM move. Make other moves scale accordingly): Psycho Cut, Shadow Sneak, Aerial Ace, and Automize

Hi there! Sorry if I’m late or something, but I wanted to try out my new Oc!

First Name: Oliver (Nickname: Salasa)
Last Name: Nichols
Personality: He’s a cocky kid that will easily overestimate his skills. He prefers playing around rather than training, and he’s very friendly and open to people.
Appearance: A short boy with red hair that goes to his shoulders. Blue eyes, pale skin, and a skinny body. He wears black clothing with purple accents, and an orange shirt.
Backstory: Living in Turffield for his entire life, he grew up with the farming ways. His head was always somewhere else, however, usually with his Applin, Smith. However, after befriending a mischievous and troublesome Grookey, Milo suggested asking Professor Sonia for an endorsement and competing in the gym challenge. And with his Pokémon at hand, he aims to do just that.
Other: He loves the taste of berries.
Crush (This is a Cryronn rp, this category is essential): Has has a crush on Melony since childhood.

Species: Applin
Nickname (If Any): Smith
Moves : Withdraw, Astonish, Sucker Punch.

Species: Grookey
Nickname (If Any): Funky
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Fake Out, Branch Poke.

I

IciclePyx

Welcome newcomers ♥ Can't wait to rp ^w^
Notifications slow as usual. I thought this died for a few days. But liking stuff shows more alerts?

For events for gatherings i can only think of bday parties or something. Or meet up at the wild area eventually.
I'm curious of the raid feature, because really dynamax is dangerous no?
I'm sure there not immune, who says a pokemon wont attack a trainer also? :p

Equipment: Hearing aids, some snacks, 5 pokeballs, 10 potions and a revive. 1 Par/Awa/Burn/Ice heal. Skull pjs [sort of like team skull without the hat/mask', Galar Guide. Town map/Rotom Phone, Camping Gear, Running Shoes, with Op Hydro Canon Totodile, Kantonian Ponyta, and a feisty Yamper. Next catch? Planning galarian Meowth.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, I prefer just to RP it out and plan it out with the person I'm RPing with. I usually go and plan it out with the person or I RP it out and just kind of make it up as we go along. Improv skills are great, but only if the other person doesn't godmod their Pokemon into winning every battle.

I never use Showdown unless we don't know who should win, so I go on there and do the whole "use Zap Cannon" thing because that is a 50/50 chance to hit. Coin toss basically. But the nuances of a fight that is anime-like can never be anything like what Showdown or the games offer, especially if you want Pokemon to have more than 4 moves (which should be a thing because Pokemon can learn and utilize more than 4 moves), have multiple abilities, have outside influences that affect the Pokemon's ability to fight (like sickness or if they are deaf or blind). All that stuff can never be captured in Showdown. I like realistic battles. Showdown and the games aren't realistic enough. Coin toss is what I will be using Showdown for and that's it.

Hope I'm not too late to join

First Name: Kia
Last Name: Ostroth
Personality: She is easily annoyed by over-excited, jumpy kids, and is therefore very harsh and snappy to anyone who annoys her. She is very focused, but still has fun.
Appearance: She has dark brown eyes and long brown hair. She's always wearing a black bow in her hair. She wears a grey crop hoodie, with black leggings and black shoes.
Backstory: She used to live with her mum, beepers and Mudkip in Sootopolis City in Hoenn. However, her mum decided to move out to a bigger area when Kia was 11. Now, she lives in Hulbury Town and finally decided to get an endorsement in the Gym Challenge.
Other: She isn't a fan of the Nintendo Switch.
Crush (This is a Cryronn rp, this category is essential): Allister if we do that gym, else Kabu because she's into older men apparently

Pokémon Bio:
Species: Mudkip (female)
Nickname (If Any): Mudd
Moves (Allowed one Egg or TM move. Make other moves scale accordingly): Tackle, Mud Slap, Rain Dance, Water Gun

Species: Galarian Ponyta (Male)
Nickname (If Any): Uma
Moves (Allowed one Egg or TM move. Make other moves scale accordingly): Agility, Stomp, Fairy Wind, Confusion

Species: Swinub (Male)
Nickname (If Any): Sledward
Moves (Allowed one Egg or TM move. Make other moves scale accordingly): Tackle, Powder Snow, Mud Slap, Ice Shard

Last edited:
@Cryronn the Mudkip please let me know if my idea for my character would be okay to have? She'll only have 2 Pokemon with her and won't have her Mega or the Z-Crystals (will still have them on her, but she won't use them).

So I'm thinking of joining, but I was wondering if I could use my 30-year-old Researcher character. She has never been to Galar and would like to help other trainers out while also finding out info about the Pokemon there and how people in Galar live.
Also, as stated in my signature (but I will state this now for all you mobile users), I am taking care of my newborn (she is a month old), so I would much prefer to be a character (like an older one) where I don't have to be in the main parties, but my character can do her own thing and then join others once I have the time.

Also, you got a couple people who are waiting to be accepted.

Well, gotta say, I'm more than interested.

First Name: Gabblimey
Last Name: O'Natagen

Personality: Gabblimey walks and talks loud and proud with a bit of a filthy mouth. She always acts as the cocky one, and has always been one confident mother-bleeper. If she can't solve her issues with a battle, fisticuffs have never betrayed her.

Appearance: She wears the starting hat, along with a pair of specs for her nearsightedness. A green, plaid miniskirt is accompanied by high, white socks and black loafers, a pine-colored sweater with a gray-ish chain-like pattern down the front. Her hair is chestnut, long, and wavy, with two curls dangling by her face, and eyes grey as stone.

Backstory: Born in Motostoke, she lived a life not too different than a poor boy on the streets of London. She pillaged for food when she could, and knocked a few folks down to catch change. If someone ever found her out and tried to catch her, they'd be met by her and the squad of hard-knock-life living kids. Since then, she's kept in touch with her crew, but has worked hard enough to barely be at the level of other kids her age financially. People noticed this, especially one fiery Gym Leader, and next thing you know, a letter dropped at Gabblimey's feet.

Other: You'd better believe that I went full blown on Scotty. That, and it's based on my character in my file.

Crush: Allister, Bede, probably someone else.

Pokémon Bio:
Species: Applin
Nickname: Cor
Ability: Ripen
Moves: (Going to ask for forgiveness for this, because Applin, in total, only learns 7 moves, and two of them have the same effect. Normally, only knows Astonish and Withdraw.)
Astonish
Defense Curl
Rollout
Sucker Punch

Species: Yamask (Galarian)
Nickname: Mark
Ability: Wandering Spirit
Moves:
Astonish
Protect
Haze
Brutal Swing

Is this idea if a character approved?

So I'm thinking of joining, but I was wondering if I could use my 30-year-old Researcher character. She has never been to Galar and would like to help other trainers out while also finding out info about the Pokemon there and how people in Galar live.

Also a reminder of my availability.

Also, as stated in my signature (but I will state this now for all you mobile users), I am taking care of my newborn (she is a month old), so I would much prefer to be a character (like an older one) where I don't have to be in the main parties, but my character can do her own thing and then join others once I have the time.

First name: Audrey
Last name: Stilword

Personality: Audrey is a reserved person, not quick to judge others. She is a sincere and kind-hearted trainer, usually apologizing to others if she did something to upset the person. She's shy when meeting new people but quick to warm up to them.

Appearance: Audrey wears a navy blue leather coat, a simple light blue colored t-shirt and a light silver colored short skirt. She has long black hair reaching her waist and has black bangs. She has clear blue eyes and has pale skin. Audrey wears brown combat boots.

Backstory: She was born in Wedgehurst, she lived an average, boring life. She had always wanted to see the Galar region but didn't think she had what it takes to be a trainer when her mother gave her some
Poké balls she captured a Marill in the wild area, naming her Mizu, and a Gible as a present on her eleventh birthday. Her mum suggested getting an endorsement when she turned 12.

Crush
: None

Pokemon bio:
Species: Azurill (Female.)
Nickname: Mizu
Moves
: Aqua Jet, Belly Drum [Egg], Tackle, Bubble.
Ability: Huge Power.

Species: Gible (Male.)
Nickname:
Kaiju
Moves: Dragon Breath [Egg], Protect, Tackle, Slash.
Ability: Rough Skin.

( Is that okay? )

Last edited:
I'm cool with losing, Hector's mainly done a few battles in Wyndon and Rookidee's practically a recent addition to his arsenal. Although my next post might have to wait until tomorrow, I've had a hard day's work, recovered from a headache and now I'm just really tired.