• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in the Galar Region! (Discussion)

Guess I need to make one
777346_trainercard-Kia.png
Just change the shirt, skirt and hat

I

IciclePyx

Mudd ♥~ So cute, don't worry to much on Ponyta he's just curious ^w^
-also Cosmo is also in the same pokemon center as the others just in case you guys didn't know xD

-Question about wild area? Are we able to set the weather to overcast when they all enter for the first time?
Just want to try to get his Corsolla before he gets Meowth :3
Will we save Fog weather for after the champion cup?
@Cryronn the Mudkip

Last edited by a moderator:
I

IciclePyx

Planned Team, Shiny Rufflet after Motostoke gym #3 challenge
If overcast approve, Cosmo will save a galarian corsolla in the wild area, and then later galarian meowth on his way to Turrfield gym.

This is optional, but fun for new rp members to make :3
Fang will evolve into Croconaw after beating Nessa?​

Hi! I've recently taken interest in this roleplay. I feel that this experience would give me some insight in terms of my writing- but I see wondrous potential budding from the mere idea of it. I'm sure it'll be exhilarating! Here's my trainer's bio!

First Name: Harke
Last Name: Nacres
Personality: Upon first observation, most would conclude that this boy is disturbingly apathetic and dull. Despite his concerningly taciturn disposition, it appears that he holds some degree of courteousness towards others (especially pokèmon), as he isn't what you would call a good description of an insensitive nor an unecessarily indecent degenerate. It is apparent that he often reserves himself in his own thoughts, and even finds himself being lost in it, however he doesn't visibly show much of his emotions in his silent facade. If one were to, per se, challange him, they would find him to be astonishingly relentless, unintentionally projecting his intellect into whatever conundrum he might face- in fact, he is incredibly analytical and intuitive, fortified with steely resolve driven by sheer willpower- the only emotions he willingly displays to others in reserved pride. A scary opponent, if someone were to make rivals with him... Not to mention his constant death stare whenever faced with dire circumstances- which in battling is already considered a checkmark in his book of "dire situations". Upon witnessing his terrifying burtality, one could even compare him to Bea. In actuality, he doesn't mind rivalry- however, note that he wouldn't be competitive in the slightest. He however does commend the strength and coordination of people he had battled- often giving constructive criticism if he deemed said person to be reasonable with him.
Appearance: Standing at 5"7, he wears a sleeveless denim jacket with a dark indigo sweater under it. Said sweater has stripes on its sleeves with colorations that deviate from navy blue to cobalt blue. He is usually seen wearing black cargo pants but he occasionally switches into jeans. It would be an astute observation if you notice he wears greyscale sneakers whenever he is at a town or a city, and black boots whenever he is en route on... Well, a route. His socks are always concealed, but they appear to vary in a monochrome color scheme. He has curly, ruffled and somewhat unkempt aruburn hair that never recedes past his neck, along with brown eyes, and a build that could be considerably compared to gym leader Gordie, however his physique is slightly broader and stiffer. He has fairly pale skin, and the visage of his face appears to be somewhat chubby- no, rounded would probably be a suitable word for it.
Backstory: Not much is actually known about him- he keeps any detail regarding his family tightly lipped, however it is to be noted that his endorsment was given by Professor Magnoila four years ago- a time where he apparently visited Galar with someone. Only now he had decided to embark on his journey in the region- hopefully, the endorsement he holds is still valid. He was born and raised in Kalos, Snowbelle City. He had three badges under his name while he was in Kalos. Mind you- one of the gyms he had faced was an ice type gym, and considering both of his team members are weak to ice- it is a remarkable feat for one to accomplish.

...Oh, wait, there is information regarding his parents... They're apparently both of Galarian origin. Their occupation and status seems to be redacted- other than that, not much is to be found in his application for a trainer.
Other: His Swablu likes doing what other Swablu do best- being a hat. Mind you, a very comfortable one, at that.
...There may have been an incident where said Swablu accidentally [BEEPER]ed on him. We don't talk about that here.

Other #2: He is very adept at the guitar.

...You'll thank me later.
Crush: As of the moment, he has none... But some people do have potential to catch his interest. ;)

Pokémon (Maximum Of 2 to start.):

Species: Phantump
Nickname: Aarne
Pokèmon Bio: Hails from the forest near Snowbelle City. Much like his trainer, Aarne is just as temperamental as his trainer, Harke. However, unlike his trainer- he is a curious soul, and quite a considerate negotiator. This oftentimes gets him into trouble- however, the Phanthump is quite capable of handling himself- given proper circumstances, he could handle a dispute between pokèmon through peaceful means. That, however, doesn't mean that the ghost isn't capable of battling. In fact, he often displays signs of extensive experience in battling. No one knows how long he had been with his trainer. Some presume he had been with Harke since his birth. After all, it appears that the ghost had started to somewhat mimic his behavior and seemingly puts genuine, absolute loyalty and trust upon his trainer.
Moves:
•Power-Up Punch [Egg]
•Will-O-Wisp
•Branch Poke
•Astonish

Species: Swablu
Nickname: Chanson
Pokèmon Bio: She was given to him in an egg when he embarked on his temporary journey in Kalos. Chanson is a very gentle and sympathetic soul- and more than often displays affection through melodious chirps and making a nest out of his hair. Fluffy hugs are to be expected.
Although, considering that Harke had raised the bird ever since it was a hatchling, he may be responsible for the bird's overly affectionate personality.

...Soft spot detected?
Moves:
•Dragon Rush [Egg]
•Safeguard
•Disarming Voice
•Peck

I would like to have him appear somewhere in Route 2. Given his circumstances, I think he'll have to renew his endorsement at Magnolia's house. Don't worry about who'll play as, well, Magnolia- I'll be responsible for managing her interactions with him. I'll be looking forward into roleplaying with you guys!

...If, I were to be permitted to, of course. :>

Last edited by a moderator:
Another Cool RP!
Beeper
First Name: Sophie
Last Name: Gold
Personality: Usually sarcastic, believes in her pokemon alot.
Appearance: Tall female with blonde hair, usually worn in a ponytail, and green eyes.. She normally wears a light or sky blue t-shirt with a white hoodie. She often wears navy blue pants with white runners.
Backstory: Sophie grew up in Galar her whole life. Her Mum is a breeder and her Dad is a trainer who spends most of his time in the wild area training up his pokemon. She recently got her first pokemon, Sobble.
Crush: None
Pokémon:

Species: Sobble
Nickname: Jelly
Moves:
Pound
Growl
Water Gun
Bind

Species: Yamper
Nickname: Zap
Moves:
Tackle
Tail Whip
Nuzzle
Bite

First Name: Corrina
Last Name: Lockwood
Personality: Very cold and off-putting, Corrina is fairly adverse to showing her emotions. While she loves as much as she is able, she has never truly explored such emotions and has now idea how to express them even if she feels comfortable enough with you to do so. She is incredibly loyal and hardworking; there have been multiple times she's been caught going days without sleep for the sake of her work. Before she bonds with you, she tends to see people and pokemon as tools to be used for her end; once she gets to know you, you'll be upgraded in her mind from tool to companion. She is logical and calm to a fault.
Appearance: She has a short pixie bob of inky black hair. Her eyes are a very dark brown. Always without make-up, she has a very pale complexion and has a thin, willowy figure. She stands at around 5'7" and weighs roughly 120lbs; for the most part, she is a plain Jane. She normally wears a plain white t-shirt with black jeans and black sneakers in addition to a faded jean jacket. In the winter, she swaps the jacket for a heavy black coat and light blue gloves.
Backstory: Corrina never really had a place to call home; she has been a ward of the state for as long as she can remember. In her latest home, she managed to bond with three other girls there: Cassie and Maya Taylor and Jezebel Xienstien. They became like sisters to her. While their home was the worst, it also wasn't the best and they all knew their shared time was limited. This gave Corrina an idea. If she could take the gym challenge and get enough of a following, she could feasibly earn enough and make herself independent enough to gain custody of her sisters. With that, she took whatever odd jobs she could, maybe even some less than legal ones, to save up money for a pokemon. She aimed for a steel type as she always likened herself to them. How surprised she was when the Cufant she received was as excitable and high spirited as anything! And while she may never admit it, this Cufant has opened her mind and heart to the world where previously only her sisters had been let in.
Other: While it annoys her, her youngest "sister" insisted she carry a beeper with her in case something went wrong as she isn't permitted a rotom phone; the poor device has sat forgotten in her bag.
Crush: Open
Pokémon (Maximum Of 2 to start.):

Pokémon Bio:
Species: Cufant
Nickname (If Any): None yet.
Moves (Allowed one Egg or TM move. Make other moves scale accordingly): Tackle, Growl, Rollout, Slam

Is it just me or in the games are dynamax and gigantamax used interchangeably? I thought they were different. Correct me if I'm wrong, I just know these are Galar's answer to Z Moves and Mega Evolution, and that it makes the Pokemon hecking big.

On a more related note, perhaps we should have the opening ceremony take place in stages so say a hundred people go through each day so Gabby and Michael don't have to sit around forever waiting for others to get onto Motostoke.