• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Journey in Galar- The Return Journey

What region should we go to next?

• Johto

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Unova

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Kalos

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wanna ask you guys about Jubilife City. Theres several places in Jubilife City to visit besides pokémon gyms. Dolan is gonna visit them. I wanted to ask you guys about that is why I brought it up. I wanted to ask if you guys wanna join him. It's fine if you don't. If you do, Dolan will stop at the first destination which will be the pokétech store. If you guys don't wanna join him, I can always have him visit all his destinations in one massive post. I figured I'd ask you guys before posting. Thoughts?

I mean naturally Zeke will want to join along rather than just wait on a bench while Dolan explores lol Pokemon is an adventure at the end of the day and exploration is a big part of it.

Though I don't want this section to drag and make guys like BloodRedRobot wait to do something.

Zeke could tag along. Sounds fine with me. I'm just squaring away a few details.

I was planning on having Dolan visit the pokétech building and the Jubilife television broadcasting station.

How would you like to go about this Jacob? Split it in two or three posts to allow character dialogue. I'll let you decide.

Zeke could tag along. Sounds fine with me. I'm just squaring away a few details.

I was planning on having Dolan visit the pokétech building and the Jubilife television broadcasting station.

How would you like to go about this Jacob? Split it in two or three posts to allow character dialogue. I'll let you decide.

Yeah basically just have Dolan say I am going here and lead them there, then I can have Zeke talk/react in a reply. Do this a couple times to play out the "tour" as it were.

Unrelated but since you guys had the pokemon start talking

When Sonny starts talking (and this started in another rp)

I don't know why, but I headcanon his voice as having an irish accent.

It just came to me one day, and I like the idea so it stuck, and if everyone's cool he's gonna have one here too

Either irish or cockney, but i'm leaning more towards irish.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
And she'd like you know that she can curse fluently in at least 6 different languages! If you upset her, while it's unlikely that she'll attack you unless you REALLY piss her off, she'll make you, your mother, and your team feel like absolute trash for the insults she'll be throwing your direction. So... Much like The Hulk, don't make her angry, or she'll brutally slay you. Either with words or her advanced knowledge in warfare, depending on how much you pissed her off. (Though, her one weakness is affection. Show her any form of affection, and she'll pretty much die from the conflict between being a sloot for cuddles and affection and her loyalty to her trainer, Adolphian. But that only works for Males, of course. On the other hand, if a Female tries to do anything affectionate towards Adolphian, she gets jealous really easily, and it's a good way to get on her bad side unless she likes said Female particularly well.)

So- I’m interested. I’m rarely interested in Pokemon rps, but this has history, traction, and I love Johto.

Would now be an opportune time to send in a character sheet? And if so, where should I begin in terms of ‘catching up’ on current events/notable history?

@EmoKitty21, hows it going? You still with us? No rush or anything. Just thought I'd tag you just in case your notifications were off. Or maybe your just really busy. I dunno...

Anywho...

Not a lot has happened history wise. The characters went from sangem town to Jubilife City. Eventually they are going to head to the first gym in Oreburgh City. Roark or whatever his name is.

Who's going to control the gym leader btw?

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
I'd test my luck on controlling a character, but... I'm no good with canon characters, honestly. I've learned my lesson from the one time I tried to play as Cynthia in another roleplay... It didn't go well.

Well in the game, as your heading to oreburgh city you first head through a wooded area and then a cave. Would make sense to take note of the transition between towns. I know I plan to. I won't catch anything, but at the very least, theres gonna be a reaction to the scenery.

Well in the game, as your heading to oreburgh city you first head theough a wooded area and then a cave. Would make sense to take note of the transition between towns. I know I plan to. I won't catch anything, but at the very least, theres gonna be a reaction to the scenery.

Indeed which is helpful, though I was more asking since we are traveling as a group where you guys wanted to go next XD

So should we segway to a wild area to maybe catch a teammate if a character needs it (My OC raises his hand and I shove it down) or something else for this journey to the first gym?
I don't have a need to catch anything for right now either, so I guess it all depends on if anyone else wants to catch anything. Other than that, ice breaking conversations could come to play here, but they could always be saved for when our characters get to Oreburgh.
It’s a shame. I took some interest in this, but it appears @EmoKitty21 might be dead.
I'm afraid that may be the case atm. But I think this RP is being co-runned. @BloodRedRobot could you confirm?

Well- this will become an issue. If the thread creator doesn’t come back, how are you guys gonna develop the plot?
Not saying the rps doomed or anything, just genuinely curious as to your input.

My question is who creates the RP?

I can also fill a gym leader if needed.

As for the rules question, I looked at the rules in regards to starting an RP. I didnt see anything against continuing another RP. Though it helps to ask just in case.

@StellarWind Elsydeon, I looked at the rules and I didnt see any rule for this specifically, so I assume it's okay, but wanna confirm this just in case... Theres no rule against starting an RP continuing off an RP someone else created. Is there?