• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Johto Journeys

(Fine)

BTRP:
Nike shook her head. "If I wanted to do so.... I should train Leafstorm more. Come, Leafstorm," she beckoned to her Pokemon, who happily jumped into Nike's arms and they went to the lake beside Violet City.

"Looks good," saying that, she surveyed the lake. "Let's go."

Tim was angry at himself. His Pokemon. He had let them all down. But Jake was right, no one ever went undefeated. Tim would need to train. Train hard. He wouldn't ever let his Pokemon down. He healed his Pokemon, and walked over to a field where Jake and Lyra were waiting.
"Alright Jake," Tim sighed, "Let's battle. Aipom! Pikachu! Grumpig! Noctowl! GO!"
It was all four of his Pokemon against Jake's extremely powerful Infernape. Pikachu and Aipom did their Electrified Focus Punch Combo, while Grumpig charged a Zen Headbutt, and had Noctowl pick him up, and throw him at Infernape. A Zen Aerial Ace Combo.

Infernape blocked it with some effort.
"Nice combo," Jake called. "But remember, you'll only be able to use one Pokemon at a time. Think about your opponent's strategy, and anticipate its moves. So this time, send out only one of your Pokemon."

Last edited:
@LunarAlpha (OOC: You just broke so many rules with your posts. I recommend deleting, like, all of them and reading the Pokemon Roleplay rules, so, you know, you don't get banned or anything.)

BiC: Gabriel walked from New Bark Town, finally ready to set out on his journey. He had all the things he needed, he double checked after he had left Professor Elm's lab. He had the usual supplies, along with some extra things, like his fishing rod. He also had a Dive Ball he got when he took a trip to Hoenn a few years ago. He'd hoped to catch a Pokemon with it while fishing.

"You're right," Tim nodded, "Alright Pikachu! Just you! Thunderbolt!"
Pikachu sent a thunderbolt straight into Infernape, and Infernape flew back. Infernape lunged back with Close Counter, knocking out Pikachu. Aipom was sent out next, and used Thunder Punch, adding to the electricity surging through Infernape. Then, another Close Combat from Infernape, and Aipom was out. Noctowl next. A quick Brave Bird sent Infernape into the air, but a Flame Wheel brought down Noctowl. Now it was just Grumpig against Infernape. Infernape was a Fire/Fighting Type. Grumpig was a Psychic Type.
"PSYBEAM!" Tim called. Grumpig sent purple beams from its forehead that slammed into Infernape.

Infernape tried to block it, but failed, flying backward.
"Remember," Jake called. "You can't just expect one move to do the trick. Slowly chip away at your opponent's health with small attacks and dodge; that'll make your opponent weak and tired. Then, you can knock them out with a powerful move when they're too weak to move. Try it with your Grumpig."

Grumpig dodged two of Infernape's Flame Wheels, then Infernape began to stop attacking with full ferocity.
"PSYBEAM!" Tim called. Grumpig powered up a Psybeam, and blasted Infernape. Infernape collapsed.
"Looks like you're ready for Whitney," Jake nodded.
Back at Whitney's Gym, Tim sent out Aipom. Whitney's Miltank used Rollout, but Aipom dodged, using its tail to spring over the attack. It continued doing this, until it finally reared back with a Focus Punch. Miltank was rolling towards Aipom at full speed.
"PUNCH NOW!" Tim yelled. Aipom lunged forward, colliding with Miltank. Miltank flew back, and crashed through a wall.
Whitney looked at her injured Miltank, and began crying. She threw the Plain Badge at Tim, sobbing.
"Hey Jake, now might be a good time for your 'you don't win every battle' speech," Tim nudged his friend.

"Um, yeah," Jake agreed. "Oh, and by the way, congrats!"
Jake and Lyra managed to comfort Whitney with a few candy bars and an inspirational speech from Jake. Soon, Whitney was back to her energetic self. Of course, they had to do it again once Jake got his Plain Badge from her as well.
"So," Jake checked his map. "I guess the next place we need to go to is Ecruteak City. You ready to head out?"

Name: Andy McJames
Personality: Outgoing but doesn't like recognition
Origin: Originally from Alola moved to Kanto and participated in the league now travelling through Johto.
Appearance: Green jacket with black undershirt ( like Ash's Kanto and Johto top but green) with blue jeans and green and black tennis shoes. Always wears a red hat with half a pokeball

Name: Nick Anderson
Personality: Cocky and arrogant but kind
Origin: From Kanto participated with Andy in the league.
Appearance: Blue jeans with a red pullover and red sneakers. Sometimes wears a black hat with a blue brim. ( Like the one the protagonist in Sun and Moon wears.)

Andy was thrilled, his mom was actually letting him go to Johto with Nick! He grabbed his hat a started at a jog to the professor's lab. "Professor Oak!" he yelled, "I need you to heal my Charizard and Jolteon." Nick walked by with a smirk and said, "Late, as usual", as he snickered. Andy was fuming, that was exactly what Nick needed, another reason to make fun of him. His top 8 performance in his first league was absolutely stellar ,but his run was ended when Nick's Blastoise outlasted his Charizard. Nick had made it to the top 2 where he lost to a girl who beat Loreli, Yellow, and Bruno but got destroyed by Blue Oak, the third best trainer only to Red and supposedly Ash, though Red isn't even in Kanto.

" I've told you you can call me Gary", Professor Oak said with a smile, as he handed Andy his Charizard and Jolteon's pokeballs. Andy then, sprinted out the door. He hopped onto his Charizard and flew all the way to New Bark Town where he happened to spot Nick. He landed and jumped off Charizard, " Nick where are you going?" Andy asked. " Professor Elm" was all Andy could make out from the mumbles and jumbles. Andy decided to walk with him as he wanted to meet this new professor. As they walked in, three new trainers, Gold, Silver, and Crystal, picked their pokemon. Gold picked a Cyndaquil, Crystal a Chikorita, and Silver a Totodile. Andy murmured " Good choice" to all of them as he went to talk to the professor. As the professor walked in, Andy noticed another three pokeballs on the tray. " Why didn't they pick form those?" Andy asked the professor. " They weren't physically ready for a journey" was the reply given." Sorry, the name is Andy, Andy McJames." "Nick Anderson" Nick said. "Professor Elm, a pleasure to meet the both of you." The professor noticed Andy nervously glancing at the unpicked starters while Nick also stole sly glances as well. " You both can have one" ,the professor said, " they would just be released, so you having them is a better option." Andy picked up the water starter Totodile, while Nick picked up the Cyndaquil. They both said their goodbyes to the professor and Nick went off towards the first town, Cherrygrove City, while Andy looked around the first route looking or new Pokemon. Andy decided to fly over Johto to get a preview of what's in store for him throughout his journey and saw Whitney, an old friend crying with this person he didn't recognize and he went down to talk...
411689_trainercard-Nick.png
411685_trainercard-Andy.png

To be continued

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabriel arrived in Cherrygrove. It hadn't taken him long, which was good. The beach was a good fishing spot, according to the locals, so Gabriel planned on testing that. Perhaps he'd even get to use the Diveball he had. He sat down on the sand of the beach, putting his backpack infront of him. Mirage looked down from the top of his head, curious. He glanced up, smirking. "We're going to see if we can catch us a Pokemon, Mirage!" He said cheerfully as he pulled out his collapsible fishing rod, and extended it. As he set the bait on it, he cast it out, and began his wait for a bite.

(i hope i can join)
Name: green
Region: kanto
Pokemon: blastoise and umbreon
Apperance: like the green from the games

Green sighed as he walked through the forests of jotho seeing pokemon there and trainers here. He remembered his days as a trainer when he was still so energetic and wild and had actually fun in his life. At the thought of that he flinched; he just remembered him.
Trying to get distracted he unzipped his bag to see the things Professor oak wrote him on a list. He had to pick them up from professor elm. Now he was on his way becoming a pokemon professor like his grandpa but somehow it felt wrong...

She trained her Pokemon there, until they were both tired. Nike sat down, letting her hair fly in the soft breeze. "I wonder what the others are doing right now...." She felt a bit betrayed and disappointed, since both of her friends, Akane and Maeumi, weren't there with her on her journey. Chikorita sat down beside her and tried to comfort the cerulean-haired girl.

"Yeah, let's go," Tim nodded, his spirits lifted with his second badge. He, Jake, and Lyra headed towards Ecruteak City. On Route 35, a Growlithe leapt out of the bushes, and tackled Tim. Tim rolled to the side, then flung Aipom's Pokeball. Aipom leapt out, and used Focus Punch. Growlithe slammed into a tree, and collapsed. Aipom then used Double Hit. Tim threw a Pokeball at Growlithe. It shook three times, then clicked.
"I CAUGHT A GROWLITHE!" Tim exclaimed raising Growlithe's Pokeball to the sky.

Melissa walked into the lab excited to get her very first pokemon when she walked in professor Elm greeted her and she saw a table with 3 pokeballs and the professor told her what kind of pokemon were in each one "I chose cyndaquil " she said she picked up the pokeball and tossed it in the air and out came the fire type. It shouted "CYNDAQUIL" she laughed professor elm handed her a pokedex and 3 pokeballs and she headed out the door with cyndaquil right behind her.

Tim marched towards Ecruteak with Jake and Lyra. Growlithe rushed around, burning little Seedots to crisps. Finally, the group arrived in Ecruteak. A man with blond hair greeted them mysteriously, introducing himself as Morty.
"I've heard about you..." Tim tapped his foot.
"I'm the Ecruteak City Gym Leader!" Morty grinned, letting a Gengar out of its Pokeball.

"Alright, thanks," Tim smiled, "So Morty, I want a gym battle!"
"Okay, let's get to my gym," Morty smiled, and threw a smoke bomb on the ground. He disappeared. Tim and Jake found the gym, and stepped into a fog.
"Careful," a man said, "If you fall off the walkways, you'll be teleported back here."
"Teleported?" Tim asked.
"Okay, more like, the ghosts will drag you back here," the man sighed, "Whatever. Get out there and get your badge!"

Melissa walked to the forest eager to find a new pokemon to try to catch. then she saw a wild pichu and she called out cyndaquil "Cyndaquil i chose you she tossed the pokeball in the air and cyndaquil came out ready for a battle "use flamethrower" cyndaquil obeyed the order and used flamethrower then Melissa tossed a pokeball and hit pichu it then started rocking then it stomped meaning she had caught the pichu she cried out "YES"

Name: Luna
Personality Traits: Kind, Caring, Adventurous, Sweet, Sometimes competitive,
Are you from Johto or not: No, Sinnoh
Appearance: http://pokecharms.com/works/luna-trainer-reference.29435/

-

Luna had just arrived to Johto yet again from returning home from Sinnoh. Finally arriving off the ferry, Luna stretched her arms. She followed out the crowd of various trainers, many eager to conquer this region. After a few days of travel, Luna managed to make to into a forest. Deciding on taking a rest, the ginger sat down beneath a tall and mighty oak tree. She set her bag down into her lap, before pulling out a party full of pokeballs. "Come on out everyone!" she called out with a smile. Instantly, six pokemon came out from the different types of balls. Out popped a roserade, lopunny, miltank, frosslass, togekiss and a flaaffy. All let out an excited cry, beginning to run around in a clearing. Luna smiled, watching her partners run around and have fun. Though it wasn't too much longer until she had heard voices in the distance. Curious, Luna quickly called back and returned her pokemon. Pushing through the bushes, she noticed a girl with brown hair, cheering happily with a Cyndaquil. She assumed this must have been a new trainer, from how happy she looked. Deciding to start conversation, she walked out through the bushes. "Nice catch." She stated with a smile. "Are you a new trainer?" She asked curiously.

-

@Pokemongirl1

Tim wobbled on the beams, but finally made it to Morty.
"You made it," Morty grinned, "But now you have to face me. Gastly! GO!"
"Aipom I choose you!" Tim yelled, "Thunder Punch!"
Aipom leapt up and came down hard on Gastly. Gastly flew off the platform, and struggled to get away from the grasp of the ghost Pokemon below.
"Aipom switch out!" Tim called, "Pikachu go and use Thunderbolt!"
Pikachu zapped Gastly unconscious. Morty sent out Haunter. Tim's strategy worked again to take out Haunter. And the next Haunter. Morty had one Pokemon left.
"Seems like you've lost your touch," Tim grinned, "I've beaten three of your Pokemon with one strategy."
"They weren't nearly my best," Morty kicked at the ground, "Gengar! GO!"
Tim attempted his strategy, but Gengar countered with Shadow Ball, pushing Pikachu into the ghosts. Another Shadow Ball finished Pikachu. Grumpig went next. Gengar used a super-effective Shadow Ball to defeat Grumpig. Noctowl was up next. An Aerial Ace knocked Gengar back, but Gengar used it as an accelerator to zip upwards with a Sucker Punch. Then once again- Shadow Ball.
"Growlithe! GO!" Tim called, "Just- just give it all you've got!"
Growlithe roared, then charged forward, bursting into flames. Gengar readied a Shadow Ball. Growlithe slammed into Gengar while Gengar was still holding the Shadow Ball. Flames clashed with shadows, and Tim fell back into the ghosts. He clawed his way back onto the fighting platform, and saw Gengar unconscious.
Morty walked over, handing Tim a badge, "Congratulations. Take the Fog Badge. You've earned it."
Tim beamed, and ran over to hug Growlithe.

" Huh?" she said surprised to find another trainer in the forest since all her friends were already at the next town. "Hi" she said "Yeah i just got cyndaquil today I haven't see you around here before are you from another region?" she said it a little confused and excited about meeting a trainer from another region.

Name: Ken
From Johto: No, Born in Hoenn, Former Champion
Personality:Kind, yet Stern
Appearence: Brown hair, Black shirt, Shorts
Ken got off of his Lapras, and walked to Illex Forest. He found a mysterious Egg and walked to New Bark Town. "Johto, huh? I wonder if that mysterious trainer Red is still here?" He asked himself as he walked and bumped into Melissa. "Sorry! Looking at my map. Name's Kenneth." He said.