• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Johto Journeys

Pichu shivered, terrified, as Sawk charged. Sawk grabbed the little Pichu, and slammed him into the ground. Pichu cried out in terror. Pichu sent off little sparks, but not enough to deter Sawk. Sawk began beating on Pichu.
"STOP!" Tim finally cried out, "YOU WIN!"
Tim ran over to Pichu, and cradled him in his arms. He hustled to a Pokemon Center to protect his Pokemon from further harm.

The new friends arrived in Violet City, and quickly healed their Pokemon. Tim sighed, and looked at Jake.
"Thanks for the battle," Tim forced a smile, worried about Pichu, "I guess I need to train if I want to be a Pokemon Master. Hey, are there gyms here in Johto?"
Nurse Joy came over, and put Tim's Pokeballs in his lap. Tim let out Aipom and Pichu, not wanting to keep them stuck in the Pokeballs.

Jake leaned over to face Pichu. "Hey buddy, I'm sorry. I was a little too intense in the battle." He turned to look at Tim. "Yeah, in fact, there's one right here. The Leader's name is Falkner. He specializes in bird Pokemon, so Pichu should be a good Pokemon to use since he has a type advantage. But first, why don't you train in Bell Tower? It'll give both of your Pokemon a great training experience. And don't worry about the strong ones. I'll be here with you." Jake grinned. "How about it?"

Tim smiled as Pichu hugged Jake, "Sure, let's do it! Maybe I'll catch some more Pokemon. Pichu! Aipom! Let's go!"
Tim and Jake ran out of the Pokemon Center and towards a huge tower. Bell Tower.

Although Jake had researched this tower for a while, he was still surprised as the gigantic tower loomed over him and his friend. "It's giant," he breathed as they entered Bell Tower. All of a sudden a group of Bellsprout jumped Jake and Tim, their arms waving threateningly. "Brace yourself!" he called to Tim, and Jake sent out his Absol, Void.

"Whoa! An Absol!" Tim smiled, pulling out his Pokedex, "Professor Birch will want me to add this to the Pokedex."
Then, Tim focused, and sent out Aipom. Aipom swung its tail, sending out stars that hit Bellsprout. Swift. Then, Pichu leapt out, and unleashed a Shock Wave, taking down several. Now this was getting somewhere.

"Professor Birch? Ah, he was a good friend." Jake called to Void. "Hit them all with Dark Pulse!" Void released a wave of dark energy, knocking out all of the Bellsprout. "Good battle," Jake complimented Tim. "See? I told you this would help your training. Let's move on." Jake and Tim advanced to the next floor.

Tim and Jake ran up the stairs of Bell Tower, and Tim said, "I didn't know you were from Hoenn. Did you tell me that?"
There was no time to answer because two Raticate, three Rattata, and four Bellsprout jumped out from all around. Tim smiled, and let Pichu and Aipom go wild.

Jake decided only having Void and Sawk battle was unfair for his team. So, this time, Jake sent out the friend he had met in Sinnoh, Infernape. "Let's go Infernape! Use Fire Blast!" Infernape enveloped all of the wild Pokemon in scorching fire. Jake and Tim moved on, but then Jake paused. "By the way, my journey actually started in Hoenn. Sorry for not telling you." Finally, the two friends reached the top of Bell Tower.

"It's fine," Tim shrugged, panting. They had finally reached the top of Bell Tower. There, and Elder was waiting. The Elder said nothing, but sent out a Victreebell.
Finally, the Elder spoke, "Together, you will fight. If you are victorious, you know that you are a good team."
Tim sent out Pichu and Aipom. They used Thunderbolt and Focus Punch, respectively.

"Um," Tim looked worried, but then put on a confident face, "You got it! Aipom, Focus Punch! Pichu use Thunderbolt on Aipom's tail!"
Pichu zapped the fist on Aipom's tail, charging it with electicity. Aipom flew at Victreebell, delivering an electrifying blow. Victreebell shook, then used Leaf Tornado, flinging Aipom through the roof. Tim grabbed Pichu, and flew him upwards. Pichu knew what to do. He grabbed Aipom, then flung him downwards. Aipom clenched his fist on his tail, and smacked into Victreebell. Tim caught Pichu, and Victreebell fainted. Tim jumped for joy, and thanked the Elder for the battle. The Elder nodded, then walked away, saying nothing. Tim then ran over to Jake, talking too fast for Jake to understand.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Jake said, smiling brightly. "Great job! You really have the makings of a strong Champion. Well, now that you're Pokemon are stronger, let's go get your first Johto badge! But first, I'm hungry. Why don't we grab a bite to eat first? You need some more energy!"

Tim and Jake ate a little Breakfast, and Tim couldn't sit still. Then, a man walked in. Tim recognized him from a sign outside of the Violet City Gym. Falkner!
"FALKNER!" Tim jumped up from his seat, "I wanna battle right now!"
Falkner backed up, confused, "Shouldn't we do this at a-"
"BRING IT ON!"
"Okay, okay," Falkner put his hands out, and walked outside. Once outside, he threw a Pokeball and a Pidgeotto flew out. It used a quick Air Cutter attack. Tim sent out Pichu, and zapped Pidgeotto right out of the sky.
"You're tough," Falkner mused, "But can you take on Fearow?"
'Yes,' Tim thought, 'Yes I can.'
And he did. He was awarded with the Zephyr Badge.

"Wow!" Jake exclaimed. "You did really well, especially against that Fearow!" He took a sip of water from his bottle. "Seems like the next place to go is Azalea Town, where you'll be able to get your second badge. Ready to head out?"

"Of course I am!" Tim beamed, and sprinted ahead to Route 32. There, a he ran headfirst into a tree on accident. It spooked a Hoothoot, which attacked. Tim called out Aipom, and had Aipom use Double-Slap. Aipom slapped Hoothoot, and Tim threw a Pokeball. It rocked three times, then clicked. Tim screamed at the top of his lungs- "I CAUGHT A HOOTHOOT!"
He danced around happily. Johto was such a fun region!

Jake laughed. Tim had such an enthusiastic aura emanating from him. Maybe even Jake could learn a thing or two from him. "Good job," he remarked. "Hoothoot is a good one to use against the Azalea Gym Leader, who specializes in Bug Pokemon. You'll be in the Johto League in no time!" They headed on to Azalea Town.

"Sweet!" Tim smiled, "I can't wait to get to Azalea Town!"
He rushed down the Route, and finally arrived in Azalea Town. There, they met many different people, such as Kurt, or some strange men in black clothes that were selling Slowpoke Tails. Tim didn't know why they were cutting off the Slowpokes' tails, but he didn't like it. He ordered them to stop. They laughed.
"Team Rocket? Stop?" one of the thugs laughed, "As if! We're a Pokemon thief gang, so stay out of our way!"
"Pokemon thieves?" Tim laughed right back, "Ha, I've dealt with people who wanted to flood the Earth, or drain the ocean. I think I can deal with some Pokemon thieves. Come on Jake, let's teach these guys a lesson!"

"Team Rocket, you say?" Jake snorted. "You look no stronger than Team Magma." He sent out his Metagross, Bruce. "Bruce! Let's have these thieves pay for their crimes! Use Hammer Arm!" Bruce slammed his arm onto the ground near the thugs, and they flew back crying in shock. The battle was short, and Team Rocket ended up fleeing the city. Jake turned to Tim. "So, now that that's taken care of, let's go get your second badge."

Tim smiled, and approached the Azalea Town Gym. He marched in, confident. He tip-toed quietly along little Spinarak webs. After beating several trainers, Hoothoot evolved into Noctowl. Then, he went up against Bugsy. He sent out Scyther.
"Scyther! Fury Cutter!' Bugsy called out.
"Noctowl use Aerial Ace!" Tim yelled. Noctowl dove into Scyther, knocking it out. Tim used the same strategy against the next two Pokemon.
Then, Tim was rewarded the Hive Badge from Bugsy.
"Hey Jake, how about you challenge this gym too?" Tim asked.

"Hmm," Jake contemplated this for a moment. "Sure, why not? Hey Bugsy, you up for another match?"
"Sure," replied Bugsy. "Battling is really fun."
"Alright then," Jake said, "In that case, let's go, Elevar!" Elevar, Jake's shiny Staraptor, flew out of the pokeball and hovered in the air.
Bugsy sent out his Pokemon, but Elevar knocked all of them out with Brave Bird, granting Jake the Hive badge as well.
"That was fun," Jake told Tim as they exited the Gym. "Let's take a break somewhere, and head to the next City, where you can
get your third badge."

"Okay," Tim nodded, pulling out his Town Map, "Hey, Goldenrod City is close. That's supposed to be a really nice place. Plus, it has a gym."
So, the friends trekked through Ilex Forest. To ease the uncomfortable feeling of the creepy forest, Tim but on a Hoenn Radio Station. Suddenly, a Spoink bounced out of the bushes.
"A Spoink!" Tim's eyes widened, "These are from Hoenn! Bring it on! Pichu, use ThunderShock!"
Pichu gave Spoink a little zap, and Spoink twirled around, and collapsed. Then, another Pokemon emerged. Grumpig. And it was not happy that Tim had knocked out its friend. It used Zen Headbutt, and smashed into Pichu. Noctowl then swooped down, grabbed Grumpig and flew up into the sky. Noctowl dropped Grumpig towards Aipom, who then used Focus Punch. Grumpig rolled over on the ground, almost unconscious. Tim reared back, and flung a Pokeball at Grumpig. It wobbled three times, then clicked. Tim was beaming. He finally had a Pokemon that was familiar to him.
"I CAUGHT A GRUMPIG!"

"I'm impressed!" Jake said. "You're really serious about becoming the Champion. Let's move on." The two finally emerged from Ilex Forest and noticed a house with Pokémon playing in the back yard. "What's this?" Jake asked, curious. "Let's go check it out."
It turned out that this house was a Pokémon Daycare. Jake noticed a girl in a skirt and cap and decided to go talk to her. Her name was Lyra. Her parents were the owners of the daycare. "My friend Tim and I were heading to Goldenrod City to get Tim's third gym badge. Wanna come with us?"
"Sure," Lyra said. "It'll be a fun experience for Marill and I."
Thus, a new companion joined Jake and Tim's journey.

(OOC: Sorry, guys. Somehow, I wasn't watching this anymore)

Gabriel nodded to Aspen's response. "Well, I'll move out ahead to Violet City. Maybe catch some Pokemon." He said, as he received his Pokedex and Pokeballs from the Professor's desk. "I'll wait there a few days after I'm ready to leave for you all. If you decide I can journey with you guys, let me know when you get there!" He shouted back as he walked out the door.

Tim, Jake, and Lyra continued towards Goldenrod City. Lyra trained her Poliwag, Tim trained his Pichu, and Jake just destroyed everything with Elevar. Finally, after a battle with an Oddish, Pichu began to glow.
"It's evolving," Lyra explained.
"I know what it's doing," Tim nodded, smiling. Then, the glowing stopped. Pichu had evolved into Pikachu.
"ALRIGHT!" Tim beamed, "Pichu evolved!"
Afterwards, Lyra pointed ahead, "Goldenrod City is just a bit farther down the path."

"Damn.... Is there other pokemon?" Derick hoped there was at least one left
" I've been waiting so long for this moment though."
(OOC: Did you read the rules I posted? I said, "Don't drop F bombs or any other swears, people.")
"Afraid not, but, as you can see, there are other Trainers here who can help you capture a Pokemon," He said. Aspen grinned.
"Like me," She smiled.

The crew finally arrived in Goldenrod City. "Wow, this place is huge!" Jake's eyes widened. "Must be a great tourist spot. So, where's the gym? Should be here somewhere." Jake looked around, then recoiled in shock as he noticed a group of shady people in black uniforms and caps.
"Hey Tim, it's that group of thugs we fought back in Azalea Town," he whispered. "What should we do?"

"Hey Lyra, do you know these people?" Tim asked.
Lyra nodded, "Team Rocket. Nasty people. I say we take them down."
"Pikachu! Aipom! Noctowl! Grumpig! Go!" Tim called. Noctow flew off of his shoulder, Aipom leapt off his head, and Pichu scuttled out of his arms. Noctowl attacked with Aerial Ace, Aipom used Focus Punch, Grumpig used Zen Headbutt, and Pikachu used Thunderbolt. The Team Rocket Grunts sent out a Pidgey and Rattata. Pathetic. Then, four people approached. They introduced themselves as Team Rocket Executives Petrel, Proton, Ariana, and Archer.
Petrel sent out six Koffings; Proton sent out Golbat and Weezing; Ariana sent out Arbok, Vileplume, and Murkrow; Archer sent out Houndour, Koffing, and Houndoom.
Houndoom lunged at Pikachu, and threw him into the air. Aipom leapt over to Pikachu and caught him. The battle was on.

"Infernape! Elevar! Let's go!" Jake sent out the two and they both used Aerial Ace and Mach Punch, knocking out two foes. The three companions battled side by side, until finally, the fight was over. Jake congratulated the other two, then they all went to a hotel to get some rest.

The next day, the trio set off to the Goldenrod City Gym. Sure enough, Whitney was training her Miltank. Freaking Miltank.
"Hey Whitney, I want a battle!" Tim called.
Whitney turned, smiling, "Okay. I've been training my Miltank, so you can battle her."
Tim had Grumpig get ready to battle. Whitney sent out Miltank.
"Alright Grumpig, use Psychic!" Tim called. Grumpig closed his eyes, and glowed purple.
"Rollout!" Whitney yelled. Miltank rolled at Grumpig, knocking him back. She then stomped all over Grumpig, knocking him out.
"Yikes," Tim gulped, "Okay, Aipom- it's your turn! Focus Punch!"
Aipom reared back, ready to punch, but Miltank used Rollout again. Aipom lost focus. Miltank took this advantage to stomp on Aipom, knocking out yet another of Tim's Pokemon.
"Uh oh," Tim rubbed the back of his neck, "Noctowl! GO! Aerial Ace!"
Noctowl slammed into Miltank, driving her into the ground. Miltank quickly used Milk Drink, restoring her health. Noctowl used Brave Bird, but Miltank used Attract just in time. Noctowl slammed into the ground, and went unconscious.
"Alright Pikachu, you're my last Pokemon," Tim said, "Now win this for us! THUNDERBOLT!"
Pikachu summoned all of its power, and unleashed it. Miltank flew back, fried. Then, Miltank got up, and used Milk Drink. Pikachu sighed, and dropped.
"Oh well, you tried," Whitney shrugged, "You should train and come back some time."
Tim walked away without saying anything. He had let his Pokemon down.

"Hey, man," Jake said, catching up to Tim. "No one has ever gone undefeated in their journeys, not even Steven! I'm sure you'll get her next time. Why don't we train a little to help you? First though, you need to heal up your Pokemon. Meet me at the training field once you're ready."
Jake and Lyra made their way to the field and waited there for Tim.

Name: Makayla
Personality: she is emotionally scared due to being an experiment and has mew genes injected giving her a tail and ears and psychic ability
She nice but hot headed and shes a member of team aqua
From jouto? No she was in sinnoh awhile and befriended kyogre but her boss doesn't know

Later, Nike and Leafstorm got to Violet City. She hoped she could battle the Gym Leader. Walking around, she got to the Gym. "A-am I ready," she asked herself, "to battle?"