• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Important Changes to the Pit of Creativity

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Since the Creative Corner has now reached a mature state, it is now ready to serve Pokécharms's artistic needs full time. As such, the Pit of Creativity has been reorganised and repurposed as an artistic discussion category, and will no longer accept new artistic works. The reason we are making this change is to minimise confusion as to where works should be placed, and to consolidate them into one place that is easy to browse and access.

Please note that this does not apply to the Role Play boards - they will not be affected by this change.

Full details are, as always, in the full article - click Continue Reading to see more :)[prebreak][/prebreak]

The following changes have now been applied to the Pit of Creativity:
  1. Two new forums have been created: Creative Discussion and Requests.
    • Creative Discussion is for threads about being creative - so, for example, critiques, tutorials, advice, chatting about techniques, etcetera. Basically, any discussion that doesn't relate specifically to a single work or series (post those on the works themselves!)
    • Requests are fairly self-explanatory - these are for people to request works, or set up "shops" to allow others to request from them. Please note, artists are under no obligation to complete any request.
  2. Threads within the current General Writings, Artworks Gallery, and Spritework and Sprite Comics forums will be moved to a Creative Archive for prosperity, but no new works will be allowed to be posted there.
  3. The Pit of Creativity will no longer be open to new works - any new artistic works should be posted on the Creative Corner.
If you have an active work in any of the three creative boards, you may be in a position where you are not yet able to move your works to the Creative Corner. For this reason, threads within the Creative Archive will remain open to replies for three months - until May 9th 2015 - to allow creators to finish or migrate their works. After this date, the Creative Archive will be turned read-only, and no new replies will be allowed.

Lastly, we're definitely open to feedback from anyone who may have stuck to the old boards for a reason - if there's anything we can do to help ease the transition, or features we can add to make the Corner more useful to you, feel free to suggest them! :)

pokeman266

2015 Singles Champion
I think this was a good change. While ot would not make much of a difference to me, I can see this being good for all the artistic people on Pokecharms. Keep those improvements coming!

Those changes sound nice. I actually forgot that board existed because I always use Creative Works by default. Maybe it's because I'm still relatively new and exploring Pokecharms.

I can take this away from here though: I now know where to go to discuss art for the sake of discussion.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I remember there are some longer written works (especially Rise of Team Neos by lovely @Psycho Monkey here) that might take a while to migrate over, so I'm glad for the 3 month opening. That said, is it possible to request old request threads to move be moved to the new request stuffs, or is the formatting different enough that we should make completely new threads?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I remember there are some longer written works (especially Rise of Team Neos by lovely @Psycho Monkey here) that might take a while to migrate over, so I'm glad for the 3 month opening. That said, is it possible to request old request threads to move be moved to the new request stuffs, or is the formatting different enough that we should make completely new threads?
I already moved most request threads I considered active, but honestly it's better to just start a new thread at this point. If there are any issues, though, the person in question can contact me and we can sort it out :)

Those changes sound nice. I actually forgot that board existed because I always use Creative Works by default. Maybe it's because I'm still relatively new and exploring Pokecharms..
Honestly, that's the reason this change was made - anyone posting in the boards was getting missed by a lot of the site's visitors, which didn't really seem fair. :)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I wasn't expecting this sort of update, but honestly it makes a whole lot of sense with how things have progressed the past year. I should be able to finish everything I need to finish with RoTN by May before porting the whole thing over to the Corner. I see no problems there! :)

This actually sounds like a pretty good change!
This means that people will be able to get there artworks noticed more, and they won't be as difficult to find, because to be honest I found the Pit of Creativity a bit confusing to browse through (I'm probably being silly though)