Since the Creative Corner has now reached a mature state, it is now ready to serve Pokécharms's artistic needs full time. As such, the Pit of Creativity has been reorganised and repurposed as an artistic discussion category, and will no longer accept new artistic works. The reason we are making this change is to minimise confusion as to where works should be placed, and to consolidate them into one place that is easy to browse and access.
Please note that this does not apply to the Role Play boards - they will not be affected by this change.
Full details are, as always, in the full article - click Continue Reading to see more
The following changes have now been applied to the Pit of Creativity:
If you have an active work in any of the three creative boards, you may be in a position where you are not yet able to move your works to the Creative Corner. For this reason, threads within the Creative Archive will remain open to replies for three months - until May 9th 2015 - to allow creators to finish or migrate their works. After this date, the Creative Archive will be turned read-only, and no new replies will be allowed.
- Two new forums have been created: Creative Discussion and Requests.
- Creative Discussion is for threads about being creative - so, for example, critiques, tutorials, advice, chatting about techniques, etcetera. Basically, any discussion that doesn't relate specifically to a single work or series (post those on the works themselves!)
- Requests are fairly self-explanatory - these are for people to request works, or set up "shops" to allow others to request from them. Please note, artists are under no obligation to complete any request.
- Threads within the current General Writings, Artworks Gallery, and Spritework and Sprite Comics forums will be moved to a Creative Archive for prosperity, but no new works will be allowed to be posted there.
- The Pit of Creativity will no longer be open to new works - any new artistic works should be posted on the Creative Corner.
Lastly, we're definitely open to feedback from anyone who may have stuck to the old boards for a reason - if there's anything we can do to help ease the transition, or features we can add to make the Corner more useful to you, feel free to suggest them!