• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

I have the sexiest system known to mankind

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
And you don't. :p

23-06-06_1303.jpg

23-06-06_1304.jpg

23-06-06_1305.jpg

23-06-06_1306.jpg

23-06-06_1307.jpg

23-06-06_1308.jpg

23-06-06_1309.jpg

And yes. The fingerprints will be driving me insane from now to eternity.

Though considering it still looks shecksy AND it makes games look a million times better (The original DS screens look like original GBA screens in comparison) I can get over it.

And also yes, it STILL looks and feels like it should be a Pokedex.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Lucky, :p I havn't seen an black lites here in america yet. Even if there was, I probably wouldn't buy it unless my current, clunky, hideous, not shiny, not black, DS breaks/splodes. Anyway,

Congrats. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Wow. Those smuges really are bad XD

So everyone's gonna be getting their DS Lite's now. Yay you. I'm still not motivated enough to spend the needed cash on the white ones. No matter the wait, I must endure it - for color!

I took some pictures of my white one, but my computer is being a hoe..so thats kinda out of the questions for now. Anyways, I like the white one better, since none of the smudges can be easily seen.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I have a sexier DS Lite...because mine IS a Pokédex! Ha!

[insert image here]

LOL. Oak got pwn'd! ;)

I'd rather have the colored Lite QQ got really - the enamel - but if the black was the first non-white one to be released here I wouldn't complain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I'll be getting one soon enough... Just... two months to wait until I get my results... Damn exams! But then, they do earn my presents... So my at-least-2-A*s should be enough to earn me a black DS Lite. :p Plus I'd be the only one using it in my family, since my brother's already got a normal DS, and my sister's not that bothered. Yay for me! And yay for everyone else who's already got one!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Man, seems the shexyness of Lite has won a lot of non-DS fans over already. Two RL friends of mine ended up buying them - one of which who'd never shown much interest in DS before, and the other having stated that he wouldn't buy one since he'd have no use for it (all his time was spent on WoW). Well, both love 'em. Just seeing the things was enough to win them over. That thing's a little miracle machine I tells ya. ;)

Waaagh! Oak-sensei...*sniff*...I WANT ONE TOOOOOO! *throws a temper tantrum*

And Cinders-san...you get presents when you get As?! I get As, too...and I get...nothing...-_-

Maybe I should use my report card as a way to make my parents get me a DS, too...hmm...

I hope the new DS Lites (iro ga suki yo...I like color...) come out in the US soon. I currently have no DS at all, Lite or no Lite, but I'm holding out for something other than white. Or I might just buy the white anyways, if nothing better comes out. But eventually, through my own hard-earned money or from my parents at Christmas (so...far...away...), I shall HAVE MY OWN DS!

And wow...it feels like a Pokedex? *whimpers* I waaaaant one! T_T

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
And Cinders-san...you get presents when you get As?! I get As, too...and I get...nothing...-_-

Maybe I should use my report card as a way to make my parents get me a DS, too...hmm...

I use to get $50 for every highschool report card I had over 80% on (aka. made it on the Honor Roll). All of the money was stashed away at my grandparents house. After a tough semester of being broke, though, $200 of that saved $300 is now gone... If I even wanted to get a Lite now I couldn't, and my first pay check won't be in for another three weeks >.>

There's one good thing about living in a small place, though. They've already restocked the EB with more Lite's :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That's what you get for having good marks all the way through. Get a few bad report cards - or coax your siblings into it - and your parents might break ;)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
:/

I only got money for my 3 main external exams, 11+, GCSEs and A Levels.

Wouldn't have minded getting money every year simply for not being retarded....

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I got my GC as a result of my SAT results 2 years ago, my computer for 5 years ago (ditto for siblings) and my brother got his DS for being a good boy for once (while Hannah and myself got mp3 players). Call me posh? Here's your proof. ;)

Hmm...plenty of time before I have to take the SAT...maybe...by then...I can convince my parents to give me some sort of present if I do well. Hmm...the SATs...

I mean, on the first week of high school they kept buying cake. If they buy cake for just attending high school on the first week (like everybody else), getting a good score on the most famous standardized test should get me something! Something better than cake!

*shrug* Stranger things have happened.

Oh, and to change the subject back to that of the DS Lite, is Nintendo planning on making any other colors other than black and white? I mean, it's not like they're Apple, who gave up on making their Macs colored when I was still in middle school...

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
There's like four colors in Japan. White, light blue, navy blue, pink.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Aye. Japan was originally supposed to launch with white, enamel, and the sky blue, but due to shortages they were only able to get the white out on time. The other two colors were still on the shelves soon after, tho. I suspect the reason why Amercia only got the white at launch was for fear of more shortages, but they're bound to release the others sooner or later - possibly even brand new colors, like the black in the UK only.

For all we know, a special Pokemon edition DS Lite will be launched along side D/P in Japan, so if you wanted to hold off buying a Lite now you could import one later. Or just import now and get a colored one ;)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
For all we know, a special Pokemon edition DS Lite will be launched along side D/P in Japan, so if you wanted to hold off buying a Lite now you could import one later. Or just import now and get a colored one ;)

I'd say it was a dead cert. A PokePark Lite wouldn't surprise me either.

Still wouldn't be as sexy as the black though. ;)

Yeah...a Pokemon DS...|3

Hey! Yeah! Weren't there Pokemon GBA SPs that were released in the US? I remember seeing them on the online Pokemon Center store...like, there was a red one and a blue one...I think they were Groudon and Kyogre. I also remember a Torchic one, but that could just be my weird brain making things up.

Maybe I should just hold off...for awhile...

Hey Oak-sensei...what if they make a Pokemon DS that was black? Like, using a shiny Rayquaza as an example (just because it was the first black Pokemon that popped into my mind), would it beat your plain black DS? I mean, black...but with a Pokemon design, or something...it could be some tough competition, nya.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The black already loses anyways. I mean, c'mon. We all know pink pwnz all ;)

And yeah, Persian. There were special edition Pokemon SP's, though the only one that sticks out in my mind now is the green Rayquaza one. Either way, you wouldn't have to necessarily wait for them to hit the US to get one. The Lite's in Japan will work the exact same as any you'd get here.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
*hisses at the pink* Back, vile creature! Back to the hellhole from which you came!

If there was a black pokemon DS out right now, I'd get it. Since there isn't, though, you'll get to wait for less time until I'm online on my lovely black DS, smashing a few records of incompetence. Why can't august come sooner?

There were special edition Pokemon SP's, though the only one that sticks out in my mind now is the green Rayquaza one.

Each game Version had its own SP. There was Groudon Ruby, Kyogre Sapphire, Rayquaza Emerald, Charizard FireRed, Venusaur LeafGreen and Torchic Orange (that one, obviously, doesn't belong).

pokemongbasp.png

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Pretty SPs...

Hmm... At this rate it probably would be better to import a Pokemon Lite, but I don't exactly have the credit card access to do it. Although, this would be as good a reason as any to finally get myself one ^___^

But yeah... knowing me, I'll pick a plain ol' colored one. Perferable in a bundle set.

Japan is getting a Jet Black system, as well...you know, so I don't need a converter for charging. ;)

The FFIII DS Lite is just a Crystal White one with four characters and a logo on it. Super meh.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Ironic that they're pushing out a NEW DS Lite production for FFIII when just last month Nintendo had to go down to Square-Enix and promise them on hands and knees there will be enough DSs to meet demand for FFIII.

They must be a LOT more confident than I thought if they're even moving stock away to other production lines.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Picture of it for us lazy folk, plz n' thx?

And is this special DS only in Japan or set to launch for the US release date aswell? It's still to bad that it's white, but if it came bundled with the game I'd probably go for it (unless I'd already bought a Lite by then XD).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It's a bit ironic that you'd stick a Mario bros. skin on your precious Lite when you loathe the plumbers, but it looks nice ;)

Nice Sonic skin ^^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The only other Lite skin was Animal Crossing. And it looked rubbish on it.

Sonic on the DS Phat evens it out though. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I have the sexiest system known to mankind

And now I do too :O

It seems that everyone's down on me for picking the Black DS Lite over the pink one, though. First the EB Games worker who sold it to me said "Don't you want the pink one?". Then my mother commented in the car "Why'd you get black?! You should've gotten pink!" ... at least my brother supported my non-stereotypical girly purchase ;_;

Too bad when I first bought the Lite I had none of my games on me. I was desprate to use it, so I went into the options and started fiddling around with stuffs, then wasted some time randomly messaging myself in Picto Chat. Thankfully my bro had Trace Memory and The Tower SP (a GBA version of Sim Tower) on hand when I met him... both of which are turning out to be really fun games. So yayz. Screw the fact that I had to sign a form yesterday in order to pay my Uni fees at a later date. I finally have my DS Lite! ^^