• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Hoenn Trainer Academy Reboot

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Luca scribbled the notes on his sheet, knowing all of the answers Luca wrote:
  1. I have had lot's of experience battling as I have participated in the Alolan League.
  2. Our goal is to learn more about Pokemon and to maybe find something else to do apart from battling
  3. I own quite a few Pokemon, I only brought one to the academy who happens to be my newest and weakest pokemon.
  4. She is a Dratini and is nicknamed Aquamarine due to it liking water and it's blue color
  5. Full on Attack! If the Pokemon has any status moves, use them first!
Luca walked over to the Pokeballs after giving his sheet to the teacher. The Pokemon was a Dhelmise. Luca remembered seeing Dhelmise in Alola. Luca thought he would win due to his extensive knowledge but Dhelmise was well trained and thought it would win due to countless hours of battling.

--​
Ralts appeared at the river in delight. The water was pretty and clear, perfect for performing with.
Ralts used some psychic energy to transform The water to little drops creating a rain dance like Atmoshphere. Ralts used double team and danced under the rain. Ralts then used Magical leaf to circulate Ralts. Ralts was enjoying perfoming when she realized a horde of Mankey were watching her. She quickly used her psychic energy to pick up all the water she used, placed it back into the River and teleported to the Oak tree hollow she was sleeping in for the day.

Adrian smiled at Mia briefly before his attention turned to Mr. Gibson, who was handing out sheets of paper. Adrian read his with furrowed brows. He was afraid of questions like this; he was always one to avoid thinking about the future. Whether it was laziness or commitment issues, he wasn't sure. Nevertheless, he answered them as well as he could.
  1. Not much, I have been hesitant to train my Vulpix, as she is my first Pokémon and still young.
  2. Nothing concrete, but I would like a career in helping Pokemon in need as opposed to battling them.
  3. Yes.
  4. Vulpix.
  5. Not yet?
Adrian winced at his own answers, but turned the paper over before he could worry about it anymore. Instead, bye watched as Mr. Gibson gave Mia directions and followed suit: he walked over to the teacher's table and surveyed the Pokéballs there. Choosing one, he walked over to one of the fields and released it. He raised his eyebrows when a Girafarig emerged from the ball. Wracking his brain, he tried to remember what information he could about the new Pokémon. He recalled that it was a Normal/Psychic type, but not much else. At least he and Fae didn't have any outstanding type disadvantages, he thought.

"Uhhh... Use Petal Blizzard!" Mia said, she didn't really know how to battle. However, Ivy did know a little about battling. She spun around and as she spun, small petals started appearing around her. A storm of petals surrounded the golduck. The golduck hesitated for a moment, then he used water pulse, he shot a huge blast of water from the pearl like bead on his forehead, soaking the petals and causing them to drop. To the ground. It didn't really damage Ivy though.

(((For this section I'm using a random generator. I'll refrain from using anything too crazy strong, but I felt it'd be more fun than just picking a Pokemon :p)))

Jake sighed with relief. He had managed to sneak into the class without anyone noticing. Looks like my first class will be a piece of cake. Jake smiled to himself. If there was one subject he was confident in, it was battling. Noticing that other students had begun to battle their random Pokemon, Jake hurriedly filled out his paper.

1) But of course!
2) I wish to become a Gym leader!
3) Yes
4) A Poliwhirl
5) Yes, I do, but I'd prefer to keep them a secret for now

Sigs was jumping up and down excitedly as Jake headed over to the table with the Pokeballs. Jake grinned like an idiot, his blood already pumping. Handing Mr. Gibson his sheet, he waited for the teacher to give him permission to select a ball. Mr. Gibson chuckled as he looked over Jake's paper. "Well, aren't you a bit cocky. Gym leader, eh? Well, go ahead then, pick a Pokemon!" Jake excitedly snatched a ball without looking and dashed over to Sigs.

"Ready buddy?" Jake tossed the ball to the other side of the battle field, releasing a Simisage onto the field. Jake looked over the strange Pokemon. He wasn't very familiar with Pokemon outside of Hoenn or Johto. "Well, he looks....grassy. Well, it's not like we haven't beaten a grass type before! Ready Sigs?" Jake's partner croaked and affirmative as he stepped onto the field.

Adrian tried to take his time to think up a strategy for their practice battle, but the Girafarig seemed to have other plans. With a loud cry, its eyes began to glow a blue-white color. After a moment, Adrian realized with alarm that Fae was outlined in the same color. The Vulpix was lifted into the air with their opponent's Confusion attack, and she flailed in the air for a moment before she was tossed into Adrian's legs. It caught him off guard, and they both landed hard on the ground roughly. Fae, with wounded pride, stood up on wobbly legs and glared at the Girafarig, who had a smug look on its face. Before Adrian could stop her, Fae began to run recklessly at her opponent, creating afterimages of herself with speed. She hit the Girafarig in the side, earning a grunt from the larger Pokemon, but to Adrian's horror, the close proximity allowed Girafarig to counter with a powerful Stomp attack. The impact earned a yelp from Fae, and the sound finally brought Adrian back to his senses.

"Get away from it, Fae! Come closer to me!" He called out, hoping that some distance would allow them some time to think and regain control of their situation. The Girafarig didn't seem to understand their position; they weren't exactly looking for a full out battle, but they could still rise to the challenge. Fae, with one last glance up at her opponent, backpedaled to her Trainer with a slight limp where her leg had been struck particularly badly. It was clear to Adrian that, true to his luck, they'd chosen a Pokemon with more experience than themselves, but he resolved to still make the effort. Raw power, after all, wasn't everything.