• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Hecatoncheires Academy

Hecatoncheires Academy is a small private school for those with peculiar abilities. There is an entry test which only the most intelligent and gifted pass, and you are one of those people. People from every superpower school across the globe try to get in every year, but only 100 students make it into each class (keeping with school tradition for many years). Every year, much to the dismay of the owners of the school, each class loses somewhere from 15 to 25 students, and the largest graduating class has only been 30. This means that the school is basically full of smart, gifted people who all know each other and have known each other forever. School spirit is practically non-existent, because most students have the mentality of “this school is boring and oppresses us”. Why would such a prestigious academy be called ‘oppressive’? The owners, administrators, and some of the teachers all actively work to deny the students any contact with the outside world during the school year (which is year round). This is supposedly to keep them focused on learning. The school itself is nothing more than a large brick building with half devoted to dorms and the rest devoted to school. Ironically, there are indeed windows, and it doesn’t look too ugly.

Meet the (Relevant) Faculty: I will be role playing as the teacher most of the time, but other roleplayers can use them like an NPC if they ask first.
Mrs. Precipe: The principal of the school. She has ground manipulation (earthquakes, the ability to cause rock to come out of the ground, etc.).
Mr. Fulton Scott and Mr. Drew Scott: The two co-founders of the school. Fulton makes all of the important decisions as superintendent, and is very uptight about everything being perfect. On the other hand, Drew, who is much more laid back, is a teacher of ‘the science of powers’, a class that is absolutely baloney, because nobody knows why or how most powers exist. Drew is the coach for boys soccer/football and track. No character knows their powers (although, as the creator, I can tell you that they have control over gravity), not even Mrs. Precipe. Supposedly, however, they are very strong.
Ms. Theadora: This teacher is very kind (like really nice) and very honest with her students. She teaches history of the magical world and her powers are simply the ability to summon anything (as long as she knows exactly where it is and it actually exists in real life, it will just teleport into her hands) and to return those objects through a very similar reverse summoning.
Mr. Zaro: A very strict math teacher with a sort of transmutation power, which can be used on most things, but in particular changes states of matter (gas, liquid, solid). It is a rumor that he will turn students he dislikes into gas until the end of class and then turn them back, but he probably can’t do this.
Mrs. Waverly: The Latin teacher. She is pretty talkative and is known to go off on random tangents. Her powers are the ability to act as an intermediary for thoughts. Basically, she can sit in between two people and let them communicate telepathically, or she can communicate telepathically herself.
Mr. Morrow: The teacher for controlling your abilities. He is pretty strict, but means well. He really just wants to make sure nobody gets themselves hurt, which is why he took the job for that class. His power is to be able to freeze people in place. He isn’t actually sure whether is works by some sort of time manipulation, temperature manipulation, telekinesis, or a combination of both. He is the coach for all boys sports excluding soccer/football and track.
Mr. Brees: His power might not be as magical as the others, but basically, he can hear people very well (from a very long distance). He teaches philosophy, and always asks questions about everything to all his students. This hasn’t made him particularly popular, because his students often think he is picking on them.
Ms. Braxten: She teaches combat and self-defense, and she specializes in many different martial arts techniques. She is very serious when on the job, but has no problem being jovial when students see her outside of class. She is probably the youngest teacher at the school, but nobody would dare ask her her age. Her powers are teleportation, which makes her an even more deadly fighter. She is also the coach for all of the girls sports.
Mr. Kase: He is a very intelligent teacher on literature and he loves to show off. His power matches this intelligence, because he is able to summon people-like holograms temporarily, whether they are historical or fictional, to real life.
Mrs. Azzahra: She is the ever-watching and ever-busy assistant administrator for the school. She is always watching the security cameras but rarely does anything about it, mostly because she is always busy with other, more important things.

Daily Classes and Events Schedule:
Each day, students wake up at 7:00 and head to their first class, ‘history of the magical world’, then they go straight to ‘the science of powers’, then math (all school have math XD), then Latin (the foreign language taught at this school), then philosophy, and then finally have lunch. After that, they have ‘controlling your abilites’, ‘combat and self defense’, and ‘literature, mythology, and their connection to the magical world’. Then the school day ends and they have free time or extracurricular activities to do.
Upcoming events on the schedule are tryouts for teams, the homecoming dance, and student council elections.
——————————————————————————————————————————————
Rules:
1. Normal Pokecharms Rules.
2. Please Stay Active.
3. Don’t get too romantic.
4. If you read this, post Waffle Burger in the other section on your bio.
5. All characters are in their freshman year of high school. That means that at the very youngest you could be 13 and the very oldest 16.
6. Swearing is allowed, but don’t end every sentence in a swear word.

Bios Template:
Name:
Sexuality:
Species:
Appearance:
Abilities and Powers:
Personality:
Important Traits:
Crush:
Other:

My Bio:
Name: Manasses ‘Mana’ Ventura
Sexuality: Straight
Species: Human/Light Being
Appearance: Mana is an average height for a 14 year old. He isn’t really muscular at all except for his legs. He is able to run a very long distance very quickly without getting tired out. This may be partially due to his powers, but is mostly because he just has a really good endurance. Due to this, he is relatively athletic. Mana also plays soccer (and does fencing. He is a bit of a jack of all trades, but master of none), so he often wears old uniforms if he can. His hair might be his most notable feature, and he is very proud of it. It is naturally straight and unruly, and this causes it to look different and unique basically every time you look at it.
Abilities and Powers: He is able to create light. He doesn’t know yet how it works, but it works by turning himself into a light source. Basically, he becomes partially light. This means that he can also become fully light, and if he does this he can travel at the speed of light. However, he can’t do this yet. Pretty much all he knows at the beginning of the RP is how to make a place brighter and how to blind someone. He may also be able to absorb light later in the RP.
Personality: Mana is quiet and usually goes for a sort of stoic personality, but can be quite the show off at the times. Particularly with schoolwork, Mana will put very little studying or work into it and still get straight A’s, but this is mostly because of his amazing memory. He believes that his reputation is of utmost importance, so he will do anything to make sure others think highly of him. This is possibly his greatest flaw: there is a lot of stuff he won’t do because he thinks it will hurt or even just change his reputation that he has built up as a smart, tough loner who doesn’t really care about others or school. When it comes to group projects, he tries to work alone unless forced to work with someone else.
Important Traits: None not previously mentioned.
Crush: No other characters have been made yet.
Other: Waffle Burgers are his favorite food.

Last edited:
I try to stay scientific with all my magical powers as much as possible. He can’t move at light speed yet.

I know he can’t yet, I just brought it up for when the time comes.
Because if you going the scientific approach, it should be noted that moving at light speed is a horrible idea.

If you were to move at the speed of light, your mass would increase infinitely. If this were to occur, you’d kill every living creature on the face of the earth. And even if you didn’t, infinite mass would need infinite energy to sustain, which is impractical.

And if we brought relativity into it, it wouldn’t be all that useful. If you were to move at light speed, time would slow down from your perspective. So while it seems your moving very fast from an observation standpoint, the speed of time would half for you.
If we stretch this concept, and you run at the speed of light for an extended period of time, provided you don’t die, you’d end up further in the future.

I’m asking how your working around these complications.

This looks interesting. I have to ask what kind of creatures we're to expect or if there are any at all, I understand you're trying to be scientific about these powers (If that remains the case, then I'll need to think hard on my char's power).

Also, is there a specific dresscode within the school?

Nice RP- very detailed! I hope that the time you spent to create such an RP does not go to waste. I most certainly am interested, and plan on joining. May I have more than one character? I only plan on having, but I learned to ask before I type both bios and end up having to delete one XD.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Name: Kikao Namor
Species: Kal el
Appearance: a very tiger-like appearance, he has orange ears and eyes of a tiger, he has a tail wich he wraps around his waist due to that being his weakness, he also has cat-like claws.
His hair style is alot like Son Gohan from dragon ball Super
Clothes: he wears beat up white shirt with a fire tiger on the front, baggy blue pants and sandals
Abilities and Powers: he can transform himself into any feline animal, he does prefer to stick to being a tiger, he can aslo transform parts of his body or just half the entire transformation and be a humanoid animal, but he'll be in half tiger form most of the time, wich is in the appearance, does not change hair style, this also gives him enhanced senses, depending on the animal.
Personality: he is very nice and kind, but it takes a while for that, he only really opens up to his friends
Important Traits: he is very perceptive
Crush: none yet maybe
Other: Waffle burgers are awesome

Name: Xavier Rosthing
Species: Human/ Wind Spirit (can explain if necessary)
Appearance: Xavier is rather average looking, aside from his elf-like ears. His has rather fair skin, being a creamy pale color and rarely sporting any marking or bruise. Xavier stands at about 5'6 and has a slender build. Though he trains fairly often, and is in quite good shape, his body as trouble maintaining a muscular physique and he's always been a bit on the skinny side. Xavi has an angular face, with a deep jawline and a thin nose. His eyes are a sky-blue color that it almost pale enough to be white, and they are shadowed by a pair of dirty blonde, thick eyebrows. Xavier's hair is a sandy brown color, with varying streaks of dark and light blonde in different areas. His hair is thick, bouncing around his head freely and curving towards his face like a mushroom. Xavier typically has his hair parted to the left side, but upon using his power it never stays in place and ends up looking rather messy.
Wind Spirit Form Appearance: Though currently unable to achieve, and unaware of it's existence. Xavier has an alternate appearance when he activates a part of his ability. This look changes a few key features. His eyes lose pupils, become absent spaces of white instead. His hair and eyebrows turn white, through the style and texture does not change. His gains a set of thick, feathery wings on his back. And, white markings appear all over his body, consisting mostly of wavy lines and swirls that start at his toes and finger tips, and spread up to his chin.
Abilities and Powers: Air Manipulation: Xavi can create and manipulate (and wind) the air around him. Just like an elemental-based power, he can create air in a place that there is none. Xavier is rather well versed in using his ability to move through the air, in fact it is rather impressive how well he can fly and evade attacks while in air. His trouble tends to stem from attacking others, where his attacks lack both strength and accuracy.
Personality: Xavier is rambunctious and energetic to say the least, immature in many ways. He's not the brightest bulb around, though his stupidity can be rather endearing at times. He has no regard for social boundaries, and forget about having a filter (which is sometimes good and sometimes bad). Xavier likes nothing more than a good battle- and tends to enjoy losing more than winning.
Important Traits: Loud and Stupid (imagine every shounen mc ever), and pointed ears.
Crush: TBD
Other: He's never heard of waffle burgers.

Name:
Nikolay Yahatov
Sexuality: Bisexual
Species: Human
Appearance: Nikolay is fairly short young man with a plain expression. His skin is sun-kissed and golden, though his power means it's usually dirty of scratched in some way. He stands at barely 5'4 and weighs hardly 120 pounds. Nik's face is rounded and soft, with a button-like nose and plush lips. He almost has a girlish face, making him seem "cute" or child-like. That's is, except for his distant gaze. His eyes, of a light purple hue, are never focused on what they should be. He constantly has an expression as if he were just zoning off into the distance. Nik's hair is a coal grey, rather dakr in color, but not quite black. He sports a crew-cut, with the longer portion on top being fairly wavy and covering parts of his forehead. Nikolay's ability malfunctions at times, making him either semipermeable or impermeable and causing him to get stuck mid-shift. While this typically means he has to pull himself out of the dirt or he just ends up with a good couple of scratches, occasionally he's ended with scars. From either getting stuck in metal or concrete, and turning impermeable with a sharp object inside of his body- he's ende dup with several scars- though most aren't visible when he has clothes on.
Abilities and Powers: Phasing: Nik can make his body fully permeable, allowing himself, like a ghost, to phase through solid objects. He can fall into the ground, walk through walls, or have physical attacks go right through him. The boy's main problem is that he tends intense focus to keep his permeable state, a switch in concentration can cause him to go solid while still inside another object- this make it hard fro him to multitask.
Personality: Nikolay is a strange and distant fellow. Though neither cold or rude, he just sort of keeps to himself. He'll engage in conversation, but keeps it brief and simple- and rarely makes eye contact. He spends a lot of time sleeping, and seems to sort of roll through life without having to make and major decisions of his own.
Important Traits: 3 major scars on his body: A long thin scar stretching from his left nostril, past the corner of his mouth, to his jaw. A thick, jagged scar from his right knee all the way down to the ankle. And a collection of 3 deep scratches on his left pec, that are almost visible when he wears a loose shirt.
Crush: TBD
Other: He's a big waffle burger fan.

Sorry, I know the personalities are brief. They'll develop more as we RP.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Oh wow how did I do this so fast...
Name: Seo Yoshisuki
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Appearance: Seo has a noticeably short stature, constantly looking tired from the endless torture of school. He has amber hair and hazel eyes, though never pays attention to his haircut. He wears an indigo sweatshirt and grey sweatpants along with black shoes.
Abilities and Powers: He can alter what someone else says at will, which is generally confusing to everyone. Sometimes a person doesn't know they are being targeted, and think that they came up with the thoughts on their own.
Important Traits: Team-player, compassion, creativity, intellect, and much much more.
Crush: None
Other: Oxygen is pretty epic I guess. Also waffle burger.

I don't mind making another character as a female to even out genders. I've done three before, and don't mind it- but I want to start the RP first so that I'm sure I can handle three based on the speed the RP progresses at.

I'm still wondering on a char I want to make. How insistent are you for the powers people have to have a scientific explanation behind them?

And when I asked about mythical creatures, I didn't mean just what you could be, but with creatures like Pegasus or Hydras etc. I understand if not, I'm just curious.

All mythical creatures exist. You don’t have to be a mythical creature, but they do exist.

You do not have to have a scientific explanation for your powers. I like to do that, but you don’t need to.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Name: Allie Silverstone
Species: Ice Luxien (Fairy-like species, can provide more explanation of needed)
Appearance: She has long flowing blue hair and eyes of a similar shade. Her skin is extremely pale, and her ears are slightly pointed. She typically wears a simple white dress that stretches to her knees. She has translucent blue wings that appear to be made of millions of tiny ice crystals. She stands at a height of 5'9.
Abilities and Powers:
- Cryokinesis (Main ability)
- Basic psychic abilities
- Enhanced senses and strength
Personality: Charismatic and kind, very little can faze Allie. Though she may come across as a bit cold (no pun intended), she will warm up to you if you're kind to her. She can have emotional outbursts on occasion, and if you anger her, you're going to have a bad time.
Important Traits:
- She can enter a trance-like state in which she is consumed by nothing but anger and hate. Her powers are incredibly heightened, but she loses free will. She passes out upon leaving this state.
- When her emotions are running high, she's likely to use her powers by mistake.
Crush: none yet
Other: waffle burger

Name: Leonardo Brando
Species: Vampire
Appearance: Standing at a height of 5'11" with extremely Pale skin, royal Purple eyes with black scleras and somewhat messy Black hair that reaches his chin, his facial features show him to be quite handsome at first glance. His attire consists of an ankle long white coat with a high collar and thick Black linings near the edges, a Black scarf that goes down his back, jet Black pants and Brown boots.
Abilities and Powers:
  • Spectral summon: This power allows him to create purple ethereal objects from nothing, but it takes a lot of focus to create anything complex. For unknown reasons, he mainly summons 'Spectral hands', large hands with pointed fingers and threads.
  • Levitation
Personality: Leonardo is a kind, friendly and gentle individual... as long as you are to him, otherwise you'll be seeing his sassy side, never afraid to talk back to anyone regardless of the consequences. He has a strong hatred for losing and doesn't hold his family in high esteem (unless it's his sister, Kelina).
Important Traits:
  • When angered, his eyes and Spectral objects turn from purple to red.
  • He has a passive aura that makes him approachable by small animals.
Crush: None (Yet)
Other: He has three older siblings (Kelina being the oldest and only sister). He doesn't prefer waffles, he likes hamburgers, but a waffle burger... seriously?

Last edited:
Here is my 2nd character’s bio. The roleplay thread is up.
Name: Milena Morrow (Daughter of Mr. Morrow)
Appearance: Milena is a tall girl at 6’1” with long, straight brown hair reaching down to her waist and brown eyes. She is pretty pale, and not particularly athletic, but she is still very thin, mostly due to not eating much.
Abilities and Powers: Milena is a perfect example of genetics, becuase she has both the powers of her father and mother. Her mother, now divorced from her father, was able to create life by splitting off her life energy and putting it into inanimate objects and such. This was only temporary and would weaken her a lot due to the loss of life energy during the process. Her father can freeze things in place. She isn’t very good at her father’s abilities and has very little control over them. On the other hand, she can animate small objects, and she likes to use it to impress people at parties.
Personality: Milena is a bit of a show off. She looks at being a teacher’s daughter not like an uncool badge to hide, but more like a VIP pass, and she won’t hesitate to use it to impress others. She worries a lot about other people though, sometimes too much for her own good.
Important Traits: None not already listed.
Crush: None so far. We’ll see as the RP develops if she gets a crush.
Other: None. Waffle burger.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Hm... I thought of this character awhile back, and I think I can implement her into here...

Name: Seto Yoshisuki (also yes they're twins)
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Appearance: Noticeably taller than Seo, Seto Yoshisuki has the same amber hair and eyes as her twin. She still maintains relatively the same facial structure as well, but with more feminine features. Seto wears a violet frock jacket (yes that is a word) despite the weather conditions and black pants. She wears winter boots as well, though they don't seem that noticeable.
Abilities and Powers: Seto's ability is... not necessarily an ability. Seo doesn't really know what it is, but it is a state of sub-consciousness in which a 'guide' of sorts can talk to her to 'help' her. It is extremely deceiving and never obeys her, giving it a great restraint.
Important Traits: Teambuilding, great leader, competitiveness.
Crush: None
Other: Waffle Burger also carbon dioxide is mildly infuriating.

Name: Tyler Blaze
Appearance: Shaggy bling hair and piercing red eyes and red rimmed glasses. He stands at around 5’7” and is always wearing a sweatshirt that is normally black, or has his favorite bands logo. He wears long jeans and black sneakers.
Abilities and Powers: He doesn’t have any powers normally....oh boy, got to explain.
So basically, he was part of this Governmental experiment to see if they could make humans fire proof, or make their skin impenetrable to fire. Thankfully, it worked. Or at least, part of the way. The only side effect to being invulnerable to fire is when he gets mad, he automatically sets himself on fire. Kinda like the human torch, except he doesn’t control it. Like, at all. Only when he gets mad. Another downside to setting himself on fire is that he burns a layer of his clothes off. So he wears fire proof jeans (another experiment of the government) and has sweat shirt so he’s wearing something after wards. The only way to extinguish his fire his to calm him down, because nothing can put out his flames.
Personality: Very quiet most of the time, due to not wanting to get into arguments and setting himself on fire.
Important Traits: He likes to wear headphones a lot, listening to his favorite music, which keeps him calm.
Crush: None, or at least, not yet...
Other: Who doesn’t love Waffle Burgers?

Name: Damon Felix
Species: Half-Dragon (Father is a Blue, lightning breathing Dragon)
Appearance: He has blue eyes, dragon-like, with scales around them, black hair with blue mixed in, wings, claws, and a tail, stands 5'11", weighing about 185 lbs, the claws, wings and a tail are stuck, so he can't make them disappear.
Abilities and Powers: He can use Lightning, due to his Dragon bloodline, can use his wings to fly, and has claws, they retract when he is not primed for combat.
Personality: He seems like a cold boy at first, but will warm up when he gets closer to you, jealous easier than the average human, and once he has a crush, anyone who tries to make a move on the crush should be careful.
Important Traits: He has 19' wings when they're unfurled, otherwise, he uses them as if they were a cloak. Cold affects him more than usual, and he can't be burned or paralyzed.
Crush: unknown
Other: Waffle Burgers are his middle of the road food, and if Ariana is exhausted, he will worry.

Name: Ariana Silver
Species: Half Angel
Appearance: Has silver hair, blue eyes, stands 5'8", usually wears some sort of dress, she weighs 160 lbs.
Abilities and Powers: She has the ability to heal people, fly with her feathered wings, and can sense the emotions of someone when she focuses intently on them
Personality: She is a very nice girl, rather bubbly, and is a bit flirtatious, but if she doesn't seem interested in the person, she will get uncomfortable and her wings will unfurl in to the person's face.
Important Traits: She will heal anyone who needs it, also too much healing exhausts her.
Crush: None, might be Damon
Other: She likes to make Waffle Burgers from time to time.

Last edited:

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
(Might as well try and join into another RP. How is everyone’s day? I wanted to use a certain character I have, but one of his two powers is similar to the principal’s. So I decided to make a new one. I might reference him if I get accepted.)

Name: Joseph “JoJo” Haijono

Species: Human-dinosaur

Appearance: Joseph stands at around 5’11” with a incredibly fit body and fair skin. He has grey hair that fades to a mossy green color halfway down. The hair is also goes down to a little bit past the bottom of his neck in the back, and down to his eyebrows in the front, which is brushed to the side. He has eyes that are completely dirty yellow, but have black pupils going down the middle of the eyes. Joseph also wears a dark grey hoodie (usually with the hood covering his head) with a red tank top under it, ripped dark blue jeans with patches of his skin showing, and black shoes with white laces. On the outside, Joseph looks like a normal human person, until his power activates.

Abilities and Powers: Joseph calls his power “Dinoformation” which allows him to transform into a certain type of dinosaur species depending on the situation he’s in. However, there’s a little downside of this power. That downside being that after being in dino form for a while, the dinosaur mind of him will slowly start to take over his body to the point where he can’t control his actions unless he calms down by eating, or by no one hurting him. Joseph usually transforms as a last resort whenever he has the feeling something bad is going to happen.

Personality: Joseph is a shy kind of person that doesn’t talk or befriends anyone since he thinks his power will hurt others (depends on each person he meets). Other than those personality traits, he’s overall a cool person to hang around with if you get to know him properly.

Important Traits: Joseph usually calms down by chomping on rocks. Rocks somehow act like fuel to his power, so he usually has a big bag full of them that he takes with him everywhere. One extremely bad problem with Joseph is that he has an irrational fear of any species of cat. That usually makes him transform and will try to attack it. Because of overusing Dinoformation, Joseph has scar-like streaks that go off the corners of his mouth and onto his cheeks (sort of like Joker’s facepaint in the Batman movies/comics). He also usually forms into a Velociraptor whenever he transforms.

Crush: None yet

Other: Besides eating rocks, he also eats normal food like Waffle Burgers

Last edited:

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Name: Damon Felix
Species: Half-Dragon
Appearance: He has blue eyes, dragon-like, with scales around them, black hair with blue mixed in, wings, claws, and a tail, stands 5'11", weighing about 185 lbs.
Abilities and Powers: He can use Lightning, due to his Dragon bloodline, can use his wings to fly, and has claws, they retract when he is not primed for combat.
Personality: He seems like a cold boy at first, but will warm up when he gets closer to you
Important Traits: He has 19' wings when they're unfurled, otherwise, he uses them as if they were a cloak.
Crush: unknown
Other: Waffle Burgers are his middle of the road food, and if Ariana is exhausted, he will worry.

Name: Ariana Silver
Species: Half Angel
Appearance: Has silver hair, blue eyes, stands 5'8", usually wears some sort of dress, she weighs 160 lbs.
Abilities and Powers: She has the ability to heal people, fly with her feathered wings, and can sense the emotions of someone when she focuses intently on them
Personality: She is a very nice girl, rather bubbly, and is a bit flirtatious
Important Traits: She will heal anyone who needs it, also too much healing exhausts her.
Crush: None, might be Damon
Other: She likes to make Waffle Burgers from time to time.
Basically my character but with different looks and different transformations