• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Heart Gold/Soul Siver: Which will you be buying?

Will you be buying Heart Gold or Soul Silver when they are introduced to your area?

• Heart Gold

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Soul Silver

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • neither

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • unsure

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • both

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
i wanted to buy soul silver but then i realized that i cant get kyogre in it...

and what is everyone saying that you cant get ho oh in soul silver and vice versa...(or however you say that)

you can still get the other legend right? RIGHT????!!!!

i hope soo... please anwer :D

i think heart gold... dont know for sure though...

It's got to be SoulSilver, since Silver was my first video game ever. Just as long as Phanpy is still SS-exclusive. If for any reason they switch him over to HG instead, that alone might be enough to swing my vote, seriously you guys.

well the leaf pokemon will do good on grondon and normal on lugia but on heart gold the leaf pokemon will suck vs ho-ho mr.ho-ho was my teacher in 2nd grade so soul silver.

I'm going to get soul sliver because i playedcrystal who i was younger, and as long as they do all the stuff in crystal in HG ad SS I'll just get The one with lugia as i prefer it over ho oh.

I will buy heart gold. I've always had the first out of each.

Ruby and Sapphire, I chose Ruby. Diamond and Pearl, I chose Diamond. Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness, I chose Explorers of Time. Heart Gold and Soul Silver, I'll choose Heart Gold.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
And Heart Gold makes us older geeks think of the Heart of Gold in Hitchhikers'. Somehow, I can't translate the Infinite Improbability Drive to Pokemon, even if that jump is infinitely improbable ;).

"That's not the point. The point is that now I'm a perfectly safe Piplup and my colleague here is rapidly running out of limbs!"

I feel REALLY tempted to name a Girafarig Zaphod now. XD

I might get heartgold, since you can catch Ho-oh AND Lugia in just one game. The only thing you can only get groudon or kyogre and you need both for Rayquaza.

It's really a tough one for me. While I'd prefer to have Soul Silver, being that I like the name, I prefer Lugia over Ho-Oh, and Silver was my first 2nd Gen game, I prefer Kyogre to Groudon, which, I have heard, is in Heart Gold. In all fairness though, you could just trade for it...

I will preorder both but if i had to choose just one, it would be Soul Silver. Silver was always my favorite version out of the two.

I strangely like the sound of heart gold, I also always thought I played gold. Turns out it was silver I try and go for games where vulpix naturally appear.

Back in the day I got red version to find my mistake then later got blue. Whole reason I wanted to play the games was to have a vulpix then was saddened by how useless they are and dislike how ninetails looked.

I will be getting Soul Silver as I like the exclusive Pokemon better than the ones on Heart Gold. In addition, I want a Groudon and a Lugia. Those have been some of my favorite Legendaries. However, a friend of mine is planning to get Heart Gold, so we can trade back and forth to get Rayquaza, so it is all good.

Finally, I'll be able to a get a native Mareep!

I wanna get both, but realistically speaking, I'll only be getting SS (based on two facts: 1) that silver was my very first pokemon game (yeah, I got 2nd gen before 1st, lol) and 2) as far as IRL, I've always liked silver over gold.