• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Heart Gold/Soul Siver: Which will you be buying?

Will you be buying Heart Gold or Soul Silver when they are introduced to your area?

• Heart Gold

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Soul Silver

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • neither

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • unsure

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • both

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
I believe that when these games do come out where I live, I will be buying Soul Silver because, of course, Lugia, and because Soul Silver has a better ring to it for me.

Why is it that everyone is assuming that you will only be able to get either Lugia or Ho-oh??? In the originals you could get both in both games.

I'm going to Japan to visit family in the winter, so I'll probably pick up a copy of SoulSilver while I'm there. "HeartGold" just sounds a bit stupid to me.

Or, if I decide I don't really want to play it by then, I suppose I'll just wait until it comes out in Europe.^^ I'm still in Jubilife City in Platinum, so I'm in no rush for HGSS.

Does it really matter which game one purchases? With the way the game is built the player is most likely going to have the same opportunities in both games.

I chose Soul Silver will be the first one I buy because you can get Groudon from what i've heard but maybe later I will buy Heart Gold so I can get Ho-Oh.Unless you can get both Lugia and Ho-Oh in the same game... ???

Ok I'm going to clarify some information. In both games you will be able to get all the Johto legends, in both games you will have equal opportunity when it comes to Sinnoh legends, the only real difference is that you can only get Groudon in SS and Kyogre in HG.

Why aren't there options for both, neither or unsure? Then you'll get an accurate representation at least...

I'm for one am unsure. I'll just get one of the pair.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
The majority of the people here seem to want Soul Silver.

And granted, I do want SS more than HG, but due to so many people here wanting SS... I'll take Heart Gold. Then many people will ask me to trade Pokemon and it'll be easier for me to complete my Pokedex. XD

That aside, I really want Kyogre more than Groudon any day, though I already have Sapphire and I can just transfer my Kyogre over. Stills, though.

But I still voted SS because I want it more.

I'll be getting HeartGold.
The main reason is that I prefer Kyogre over groudon (and Ho-Oh over Lugia.) I actually already have a Kyogre in pearl, but I'd still rather have two Kyogres than have a Groudon.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
;Dsoul silver

Please read the Global Pokecharms rules on SPAM. You've been warned.

Anyways, I agree with LoN here. There should at least be an other option, because many people buy both games. Maybe the better question would've been which do you plan to play through first, because unless you're a crazy person you should only receive a single answer to that one... XD

Anyways, I will be buying both as I usually do, but I'll play through Soul Silver first for traditions sake. That and Lugia > Ho-oh for me, so the fact the plot revolves more around Lugia than Ho-oh is enough reason for me to like it more.

Hmmm. I never had either of the originals....I guess I'll go with Heart Gold. I prefer Fire types, and though IRL I prefer silver to gold, I think I like the aesthetic of the Heart Gold design to the Soul Silver design.

Ah, who am I kidding. I'll get both.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
For nostalgia purposes, I'll get Heart Gold. Back in the day I owned both, but I had Gold first (and now my Gold is incable of saving data *cries*). I was sadened by the fact that there was no Blue title in the gen 1 remakes, as Blue was my first game all those years ago.

But in the end, I'll probably own both games.

I want to buy both because I am unsure if I can trade over from other games (i.e. Diamond, Platinum, Pearl). I want to have all three starters on Soul Silver and Heart Gold will be my "aide". Whenever I need something in Soul Silver that I have on my Heart Gold, I could just trade it over. Just like the relationship between my Diamond and my Platinum.

I like Soul Silver better and I had Silver in gen 2, but I voted Heart Gold becuase I think I'm gonna get Heart Gold. Someone mentioned getting HG over SS due to the simple fact that hi originally got Silver, and the same goes for me. I remember being able to get both Lugia and Ho-oh like Godless M said and Lugia was at a higher level in Gold an Ho-oh was at a higher level in Silver( I remember Ho-oh being my highest level at 78 before it couldnt remember my saved game anymore). Also, I have plenty of Groudons (including a shiny one) in Pearl and only one Kyogre. So that's why I might be getting HG. But I prefer Lugia over Ho-oh so much. The box art of SS looks way better.

I will be buying Soul Silver Version because Pokemon Silver Version was one of my first and my favorite games. And Lugia is my favorite legend. ;) ;) ;)

I love Johto, I am very happy a remake is coming and I don't know what noslia(However you spell it) is but I'm picking Soul silver cause I like lugia much better than Ho-oh but in the end i will have both just SS first the only way I'll have HG first is if SS is sold out

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
The reason I got the original Silver Version in the first place was because I had to have Lugia. That is the same reason I will be getting Soul Silver. Lugia just has something that Ho-oh lacks. It works even better because my brother likes Ho-oh better so he'll be getting Heart Gold.

I'm just mad because I wanted Kyogre without having to trade or play the game a second time on Gold.

Probably Soul Silver, since I prefer Lugia over Ho-Oh, and because Silver had more of my favorite Pokemon in it. I'd be fine with Heart Gold too though, if the other is sold out.

Should I be a lucky monkey, Soul Silver would be the one for me, for the basic 3 reasons.

1. The name's better
2. I had Sapphire before, and thus is very familiar with Kyogre
3. I have played Gold before (though on the other hand, I had both, but meh)

that about sums it up.

My mind keeps changing. For the poll, I voted SS, and I prefer Lugia, but I had Gold back in the day and loved it so much. I also like Kyogre more, and SS has more of my favorites, but for nostalgia's sake, I must get Heart Gold. Actually, I'll get BOTH.

I'll be buying Soul Silver. I can hear this nice tone to it ;)

Although there is one thing i want the Japanese to try and make in the games: Evolution. Instead of 2 blinking white Pokemon figures overlapping eachother, i want to see that they evolve just like in the anime. If they could make something like that in the new games, then you got my money fast enough! :p Too bad Soul Silver and Heart Gold doesn't have these features. :p

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
For me, it depends on the version exclusives. It may be like Emerald, where you are unable to trade Pokemon that aren't in the Johto Dex before you've beaten the Elite Four. So I'd want to go for the game that had my favourite Pokemon in.

Assuming that everything else is even, though, I'd choose Soul Silver over Heart Gold. I prefer silver to gold. And Heart Gold makes us older geeks think of the Heart of Gold in Hitchhikers'. Somehow, I can't translate the Infinite Improbability Drive to Pokemon, even if that jump is infinitely improbable ;).