• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Have you ever met a celebrity?

I meet one of the cast of the New World. Her name was Q'orianka Kilcher, who played Pocahontas in that movie. Anyway, i met her in a film featival back in 2007 and got an autographed poster (and some hugs) from her.

Does shaking hands and briefly conversing with our leading politicians count?
Sure, why not, Linkachu!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I've met James Blunt and former Prime Minister of the Republic of Ireland, Bertie Ahern. But that's pretty much it.

Aside from myself, of course. :D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I've met Dom, from that kid's show Dick and Dom in the Bungalow. I've never seen it but my brother loved it.

I saw John Cleese in London (From Monty Python), when I was on a college trip.

And though I never liked their songs, I met the members of Blue, because my best friend made me...

I think that's it... I'm not really interested in Celebrities so I've probably missed a few others. Dom and John Cleese would have escaped my attention if the friends I was with at the time hadn't said anything ^^;

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Lessee, I've also met Blue (someone in my school won a competition, and they invaded), and I've seen John Barrowman in a panto. I'd love to meet David Tennant, but I bet that never happens -_-

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
and I've seen John Barrowman in a panto.

If that stuff counts, chalk up Elliot Minor, Dragonforce and the cast of The Singing Kettle for me. But... I think maybe having actual physical or verbal contact with the celeb in question's probably a better way of counting it...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Does shaking hands and briefly conversing with our leading politicians count? PEI is so small that they tend to pop up at most of the same events I hit, and they'll walk around chatting people up for publicity purposes :p

Otherwise, I KNOW I have examples... just can't think of them off-hand >_>

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Errr...

Two members of the cast of Shameless
Rory McGrath
Chris Rankin (Percy Weasley in Harry Potter, he took over my radio show!)
Rhino and Shadow from the original Gladiators...LONG time ago
I delivered Pizza to a woman who used to be in Coronation Street and Bad Girls
Jack Johnson

Think thats it...

I've met quite a few Swedish tv celebrities. Stockholm's a pretty compact city, so you tend to bump into them now and then... I also met Sweden's first astronaut. He qualifies as a celebrity in my eyes :p

Alicia Silverstone(played Batgirl in "Batman and Robin")
George W. Bush at some press thing several years ago

thats it...[size=10pt]until I become a frelling actor[/size]

My mum's met Rolf (Roplh?) Harris once.

I personally don't think any famous person in their right mind would come down here (God's Waiting Room and Lesbian Land of Tennis). The may have shot parts of Harry Potter nearby, but the cast didn't come and James May from Top Gear doesn't count.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Alicia Silverstone(played Batgirl in "Batman and Robin")
George W. Bush at some press thing several years ago

thats it...[size=10pt]until I become a frelling actor[/size]

I wouldn't mind meeting Alicia Silverstone.

At least, the Alicia Silverstone of about 5+ years ago.

I've never met one. :(

But a few have come to where I live.

-The guy who plays Mr. Moseby on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

-Dane cook. He came to an ice cream place a few years ago.

-That redheaded girl from Desperate Housewives. She also came to an ice cream place, while my sister was working there. :p Apparently she didn't leave her limozine and made some guy get her ice cream for her, but my sister said someone she works with ran up and got her autograph.

I've seen George Bush in real life, but I never really met him.

At the Eden project I've heard Amy Winehouse live... unfortunately we bought tickets for the day, not her concert so I didn't see her, I was kicked out... :(

Addition to my last post!
My cousin works at a school where Victoria Justice goes to (Lucky right?). Also, one of my friends, Rachel, she goes to a school with Miley Cyrus (WOW!).

(I swear this is true!) Recently, I was on a childrens TV show called Sorcerer's Apprentice (Great if you saw me all those British people out there)I met and talked a bit to the host, Ortis from CBBC.

I don't know if this counts since I was barely aware of anything at the time but when I was about....1-3 years old, I've seen Bill Clinton before in real life. And when I was about...4-7, I've seen a glimpse of George W. Bush on the White House's lawn. (I was in a car and we were driving by so it probably doesn't count.)

Other then that, I probably haven't met any other celebrities.

I've met three:

John Barrowman ; I went to the set of torchwood and doc who. AND i went in the tardis ^^ (I saw the pepol who played owen and toshiko aswell but they neva talked to us so it dnt matter)

James Corden + Ruth Jones (Gavin + Stacey) ; I went to a book signing in cardiff of their book

The welsh Guy Rhydian (X Factor)'s nan lives next door to me. I'm hoping to see him one day.

I've met tonnes at concerts, Stone Sour, Slipknot, Shadows Fall, Trivium, God Forbid, In Flames, Sepultura, Soulfly, Machine Head, Marilyn Manson, Disturbed, Soil, Panic Cell.

one of my friends, Rachel, she goes to a school with Miley Cyrus (WOW!).
Along with that, one of my classmates in high school is cousins with her. Also, one of the taeachers in one of my classes is the father of Ryan Hall. He was the one that is a runner who was 10th place in the 5,000 meter (?) run in the Olympic games last year.

i met that person who one I'm a celebrity geet me out of here, Joe something i think the 2008 winner, guy from eastenders, i met him at an award cermony, for people who have passed there GCSE in england, we got a nice gold trophy and a star name after us.

I met the bassist from Chevelle, without even knowing it at the time. I was lucky enough to get backstage after making friends with a security guard, and I just so happened to end up in a conversation with the bassist, and I didn't really know it was him until they got up onto stage. It was pretty awkward.

I totally forgot about this, but I sorta met Micheal Simon from Iron Chef a few months ago. I was part of the help doing a presentation for him in Cleveland and said a few words to him and got to shake his hand. ^^

I met Henry Winkler (The Fonz) while he was doing a tour of English schools. Since I wrote a newspaper article which was in an international newspaper, it got signed by him and I got to shake his hand and stuff :D

I met Jessicka Fodera of Jack off Jill and Scarling... She autographed a poster which is in the middle of my gig wall in my study...
Michael Phelps was training at Ponds Forge in Sheffield when I was up there for Lifesaving Nationals a few years ago, he used to train with my team mate so I got to chat with him for a while.
Max Cavalera of Sepultura and Soulfly got my back into his gig after I got thrown out for crowd surfing.
I've met all of the californian punk band The Matches, they've all signed loads of my stuff over the years.
The basist of Elliot Minor spent the evening chatting with me and my mates around my van last year at NASS festival, he drank and smoked with us, and then wrote "Rupert's Van is Awesome" and signed a sheet of paper, thats also on the gig wall.
I've met all of Mindless Self Indulgence, and got a picture taken with LinZ (who is now married to Gerad way of MCR.... she said I had a nice ass, hehe)
All of My American Heart, even being recognised as the tartan trousers guy at their london gigs.
I've met all the members of Kill Hannah, Matt Devine emails me occasionally cause I run their street team.
Simon Amstel was doing a show in my hometown, he came into the music shop I was in and chatted to us for a few minutes, he's a cock.
I've met all members of Less Than Jake, Roger their basist the most, he's freaking awesome =)

Oh and the drummer of Culture Club is my uncle, but tbh that doesn't exactly count...

I can't think of many more atm, I meet loads of band members at gigs, and I've sp

My dad is a preacher at a christian school/church in Atlanta, GA where Jeff Foxworthy's kids go to school and we've talked to him at PTA meetings. He's actually really nice when you get to know him

I don't know if this is considered famous but I met a few players from the Chicago White Sox at a game I went to and the skateboarding group Crimson at a local skate shop.

Other than that nope.

I've seen Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall a couple of times...
One of the times he was giving out flapjacks and I spat mine out because I didn't like it XD

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Oh and the drummer of Culture Club is my uncle, but tbh that doesn't exactly count...

JON MOSS IS YOUR UNCLE?! :o

If you're serious, then I'm really impressed! Culture Club were my favourite band in the world when I was a little kid. Then I got into a-ha, then Bon Jovi, then Skid Row, then the Wildhearts... music progressively getting heavier, hehe.

I've met lots of people in bands too, but I'm not sure how many of the bands are famous enough for "kids these days" to have heard of them. The most famous band I've met must be Aerosmith. And I met Anvil the other day :).

I'm very impressed with Professor Noctowl meeting KISS, too!

I don't know if this counts at all, but when I went to Florida recently there was this reeeeeeeally tall guy in the airport and people were getting pictures with him and stuff. I assume he was some kind of basketball player or something, but I didn't approach him. I did take a picture of him from afar with my phone, though :p

S

sheesheesh

No, but some relatives have. My dad has met Lynyrd Skynyrd, Skid Row, Quiet Riot, and my grandpa once ate with Rush.