• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Halloween, 'Charms-Style

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
OOC: Brendan, for the love of -eff!-, can you not read posts?

I've already specifically mentioned that the n00b zombies are not green. If anything, they have assorted bits of black machinery/tissue with the occasional orange crystalline light thing growing on them. And some of them have smiley-projectors. They do act like zombies, but then, how is that different from normal n00bs?

You are hereby advised to read posts properly before I will be forced to connect a blunt object (or an animal with the name of a blunt object) with your head. kthx.

BIC:

"Hn. So we have quite a few potential allies, you say." Yarrow nodded "That's a good thing. I think you should, however, know that these n00b-revenants are the least of our worries. The tower itself is far more crafty than that - and it has access to all the databases Stel had. It will very likely use this knowledge to counteract things. That is why we need diversity. It can manipulate the battlefield, but it cannot manipulate it to scramble everyone at the same time."

she stretched "Anyway. I think it's best we got to the surface and found our allies - whoever they may be. We should be prepared for battle - I have a feeling that these cocoons in the sky are about to burst open soon, and when they do we'll have air units to worry about as well as the reven00bs. As for how... the same way we got down here."

The feline stretched, an aura of red lightning slowly forming around her Naginata "I think I still have enough charge for another burst. Any immediate destinations that come to mind? I'd really rather not emerge into the Wi-Fi forums."

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Dwayna smirked a little bit as her fire hit its target, but knowing Chadwyck he was trying to manipulate it to his will. However, he was starting to look as drained as she felt, scorched form her DragonFire. She took in a deep breath, with it the wind sighed, and any stray flames that had missed shot back towards her. She held up the staff, and it sucked the fiery energy back in, like a sort of rewind of the energy it had expelled.

Reynald stumbled over to her, coughing up some blood. "Are you gonna make it Dwayna? I need your help watching the flaming brats..." he said a bit arrogantly, a smile forming onto his lips. She sighed softly, a grimace appearing on her face.

"I'll be better once I collect more energy. For now, I think you need some help." she said, smiling back at him. She reached out and gently touched his face, cupping it in her hands. She closed her eyes and pressed her fingers to his temples, green energy flowing from her fingertips into him. In the process of healing him from the inside out, she also gathered some of the excess energy he held within him.

Now that they were both feeling a bit better, Dwayna stood back up, breathing out with another sigh. She focused her attention back onto the battlefield, her pupils changing to cat-like slits as she looked around. Her draconic eyes spotted Chadwyck atop another building, sensing that he was gathering himself for another attack.

"What do you think we should do, Reynald?" she asked him. "He seems even more intent on taking down Brendan than I was, and we're running out of energy."

Tangrow's eyes widened as he saw the red aura forming again, filling his voice with 'pretty' and 'oohs', and the occasional 'ahhh~'

"I think I still have enough charge for another burst. Any immediate destinations that come to mind? I'd really rather not emerge into the Wi-Fi forums." The Yarrow lady had said.

With these words snapping Tangrow out of his little trance, he said the first place that came to mind. "How about the Art areas! Near like, the N00by Realm thing! It's so obvious, it would be totally not noticed!" He shouted, waving his arms.

Calming down, he reached his hands into their respective sleeves, and pulled out eight corked vials, each containing a different colored powder. Looking at the eight, he picked the dark greenish vial and replaced the rest back in his sleeve, taking out another similarly colored green powder and placed it in his other hand. Twirling them carelessly, he said, "Okay! I think I'm ready~" Taking a double check at the vial, he murmered, "You know, if I dyed these the right color...oh well!"

Rain listened intently to Yarrow's words, nodding in support of everything she had to say. She thought for a while about the most strategic place to emerge.

"How about the Art areas! Near like, the N00by Realm thing! It's so obvious, it would be totally not noticed!" Tangrow had shouted, waving his arms.

Rain growled a bit at Tangrow. "Are you serious, Efan? The N00b Realm is practically a GRAVEYARD!" She shook her head. "No, we would be ambushed before we had the chance to take our first breath in that area."

Rain grinned a little, turning her head to look at Yarrow. "I think we should emerge near the Locked Topics dumpster. It's probably one of the least probable places for those gross N00by things to materialize. It may even be more difficult physically for them to spawn there."

She laughed a little. "Also, it's close to the tower, but is also a bit hidden from it's immediate view. I'm sure we can get the attention of the other regular members near there before we can be intercepted."

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
"Hn. Yes..." Yarrow murmured, taking in Rain's suggestion "Close enough but far away enough. I like it. And there's a leyline leading directly there from here - naturally, so many posts from the Wi-Fi realm are instantaneously warped there... I've got just the spot... Alright. Gather 'round, all of you."

Again the flash, and the Naginata piercing the ground.

"Ley-Teleportation!"

~*~

For a dump, the air was surprisingly clean.

That was because the thousands of threads, were completely isolated from the outside world, condensed onto themselves in small bundles, wrapped in chains with a massive green holographic, shamrock-shaped padlock on them. There they were, strewn through the territory, piled one upon another.

It was eerily quiet. Looming over the dump was the tower, close enough for one to feel the ominous emanations, but far away enough to not notice the subtle changes of texture and throbbing of the tower's ground roots. The Tower had little interest in the dump - which indeed made it a perfect spot to materialize in.

Between an array of locked topics, piled on, creating a perfect cover, a flash of red and gold subsided as Yarrow, Rain, Shocari and Tangrow materialized. Yarrow seemed to brace herself immediately as the energies subsided, ripping the Naginata from the ground and wielding it in assault position. She scanned the data with her IR detection, frowning a little at the rain distorting her vision - and suddenly, she detected what looked like inner struggles among the n00bs - reven00bs battling each other. Something was controlling them that wasn't the Tower.

In another nearby area she detected bursts of heat on the thermal scope. Great. Pyrokinetics. They seemed to be occupied with each other rather than with any of the reven00bs. Not her concern for now. Whoever survived that would be probably headed for the tower themselves - it was there that the battle would be joined.

"Alright, guys, here's the deal." Yarrow said silently "We've got two options - either we get wrapped up in a firefight we don't want to waste our energy on, or we head to help... the reven00bs that seem to be on -our- side. However that is possible. They're probably being controlled... The energy levels I'm sensing over there show it to be the epicenter of the rainstorm - I think it's a hydrokinetic in the midst of it all. I think we should team up with him at first, at least. He seems to be holding the Tower back for now, but it's only a matter of time before the Tower gets the hint. We still have those cocoons to worry about. Sho, Ethan, I'm counting on you two to look out for each other somehow."

then she turned to Rain, giving her a reassuring look.

"You seem a little lacking in confidence in your abilities..." she said softly "I know that I'm asking a lot of you on such a short notice, but until you can get used to your combat capacity, stay close to me and follow my lead - Your weapons are your claws, your armblades and your speed - I think it's superior to even mine. I'm not even sure what other gadgets he installed in this, but I'm sure you'll figure out their use... Most important of all - remember. The armor is an extension of you. It is part of you, for all intents and purposes... And it was created with you in mind."

she smiled.

"It may yet bring out abilities you didn't even know you had."

She plotted the course in her head, her Naginata flaring up. She grinned a fanged grin.

"Alright, Let's go, guys!" She said, and took off on a dash.

"How about the Art areas! Near like, the N00by Realm thing! It's so obvious, it would be totally not noticed!" Tangrow had shouted, waving his arms.

"Are you serious, Efan? The N00b Realm is practically a GRAVEYARD! No, we would be ambushed before we had the chance to take our first breath in that area." Rain replied. "I think we should emerge near the Locked Topics dumpster. It's probably one of the least probable places for those gross N00by things to materialize. It may even be more difficult physically for them to spawn there."

It didn't matter to Shocari. Anywhere was fine. Yarrow had took to Rain's idea, and within a few seconds, the quartet had teleported to the dumpster area, and were met by a fierce rainstorm. Off in the distance, the n00bs were attacking each other...were they on the side of the Charmsians?

Yarrow said that the n00bs were probably still being controlled by the tower, mentioning something about pyrokinetics and and a hydrokinetic who was controlling the rain.

"Sho, Ethan, I'm counting on you two to look out for each other somehow." Yarrow said to them.

"Heh. You see this rain? Well, with a little spark," Sho summoned electricity to crackle around his body for a second "the wet n00bs get served up fried. Just to show his point, he pointed up as thunder began to rumble from the dark clouds.

The mysterious woman ran off, and Shocari followed close behind, his talents actually seeming to come in handy for this battle.

OoC: I was waiting for a few other people to post, but it's been too long and I'm impatient, so I'm just going to go ahead and react to the attacks.

Bic:

The beam from Reynald obliterated the falling meteor that Dwayna had conjured, causing it to break into tinier fragments of flame. The worst of it was that it didn't stop there, before Chadwyck had enough time to restore his energy, the beam continued on it's path toward him. "Fantastic," He whispered as he readied himself for a dodge, but then the beam broke up into smaller beams, all rushing in from a different angle, "Even better." He mumbled.

He watched the beams, tried to find a gap in them, but there were none. He couldn't see a single way out, then he got an idea. Chadwyck leapt up in a flip, targeting a single beam. He blasted it with a burst of electricity, which managed to cancel the magic out. The remaining beams came together behind him and caused an explosion at the point they met.

As he fell from the building, he saw the shards of ice coming at him. With some quick thinking, he caused a burst of flames to surround him, and most of the shards evaporated before they reached him. Others rushed past him, not making contact with the flames. As he fell, he conjured enough energy to slow his descent with another electromagnetic field, but he still made a rough landing. He cursed himself for expending so much energy as he picked himself up out of a puddle. Then he got an idea.

He faced his opponents, masking his fatigue. If only he'd gotten more time to draw in energy. No sense worrying about it now. He thought with a scowl. He put both of his hands together and raised them above his head, forming a weapon of sorts from a bolt of lightning. The weapon resembled a sword, but it was free-formed and unpredictable like electricity, it was whiplike, but not at the same time. He looked at the water that now covered the ground from the rainfall. This is my last trick, He thought with a smirk, after all, I wasn't out to kill anybody.

"It's been a fun game, but now I'm afraid it's over." He said, breathing rather heavily. At the completion of his sentence, he swung the weapon downward, piercing it into the ground and watching the electric currents shoot through the water in all directions. He allowed the electricity to channel through himself, as well, converting the brunt of it into usable energy for himself, though he still got shocked, and a bit singed.

This was it, the energy recharged him, but not enough to go another round with all of the fighters at once. If they didn't get hit by his attack, he was out of tricks. The players of the game were better than expected. I seem to have underestimated them greatly. He thought as he waited to see if the attack would hit.

OOC: Good Game Chad. I think I will let the others take care of this one lol. Note: I am going to be out this weekend. I'll be back Sunday.

IC: Reynald inhaled sharply as the energy flowed into him. It always felt like a bucket of the coldest water imaginable was dumped into your veins. He let out a soft sigh as the healing started to take effect, the cold feeling becoming a very comfortable warm. As soon as the healing was done, Dwayna and Reynald both turned and watched Chadwyck. Reynald's attacks were just about to reach him.

"What do you think we should do, Reynald?" Dwayna asked him. "He seems even more intent on taking down Brendan than I was, and we're running out of energy." Reynald was quiet. He knew the situation. But what Chadwyck did next would help him better understand his enemy. Reynald's eyes widened a bit at Chadwyck's change in fighting style. He was being more tactical and expending less energy. Reynald had studied magic long enough to tell what was going on.

"He's just as tired...." Reynald said just loud enough for Dwayna to hear, "We just have to hold out a little longer." He may have spoke too soon because as soon as Chad landed, he put both of his hands together and raised them above his head, forming a weapon of sorts from a bolt of lightning. The weapon resembled a sword, though created entirely out of electricity. Reynald followed Chadwyck's eyes to the water and cursed under his breath.

"It's been a fun game, but now I'm afraid it's over." Chadwyck said, breathing rather heavily. With that, he swung the weapon downward, piercing it into the ground and sent the electric currents shooting through the water in all directions.

Reynald didn't have enough energy to counter that completely, and he suspected Dwayna was in the same boat. And he had a feeling that this wasn't the last time they would have to fight. Reynald whirled around and grabbed Dwayna by the wrist. "Hold tight to me. We'll let the children handle this one." He said shortly as he pulled Dwayna against his chest. Reynald closed his eyes and focused, creating a small barrier around Dwayna and himself. The water that was under their feet was shunted out of the barrier. It was a simple barrier, taking very little energy as all it did was reflect the attacks around it.

The lances of electricity crashed against he barrier, then slid around it and continued on their way. Many bolts came back to hit the barrier a second time. Each hit drained Reynald a bit more. A few bolts got through just enough to cause mild burns here and there. He smiled to Dwayna, "Don't even think about helping." he said with a grimace, "One of us needs to be able to watch those brats. Plus I don't think this is over just yet." Reynald's tone softened a bit. Casey was starting to slip through, his smile shifted from the usual sarcastic "I'm better than you" grin to a much kinder smile, "I'll be fine."

Reynald looked back at Toru and Brendan, praying to something that one of them would come up with a counter before they got flash fried.

''It's been a fun game, but now I'm afraid it's over.'' Chadwyk smirked, as lightning bolts sped at him from all directions; he knew Reynald and Dwayna couldn't counter this attack with low energy.

This was Toru's moment.

Swinging his sword up, he crashed it into the ground, as a massive wall of Earth, as high as the tower Chadwyk was just on, rose quickly up from the ground, stopping the Electricity from reaching everyone, even himself. He had saved his friends, however, maybye not himself. The manouver he had just used was all of his Earth power exerted into one forceful technique.

Toru collapsed on the ground, as his sword lost it's size and spikes, as it fell with him, in near synchronisation. Toru was in a bad state. It was up to Brendan now, as Chadwyk had seemed to use a lot of power in that single attack. Toru murmered one last word to Brendan as he fell unconcious.

''Brendan, it's...all up to you now...''

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Chadwyck suddenly conjured up a weapon made from lightning, and sent bolts of energy towards them again, but this time using the conductive properties of water. Reynald grabbed Dwayna by the wrist and pulled her to his chest. "Hold tight to me. We'll let the children handle this one."

Dwayna simply nodded and buried her head in his shoulder. She felt the bolts of energy rush past, felt some of them make their way through, felt them burn her friend. But they also brushed up against her, as her protection had gone down a while ago. Even though the lightning stung her a bit, she felt it jolt throughout her person. It was still energy, and she fed off of the purest form of that.

Reynald smiled at her slightly, his pain evident. "Don't even think about helping. One of us needs to be able to watch those brats. Plus I don't think this is over just yet." She watched his face soften, a little bit of Casey's demeanor shining through.

She sighed, gently caressing his face, her worry showing through a little bit. Nevertheless, she watched Toru protect everyone relatively well, but at great cost to his energy, leaving him collapsed on the ground. Dwayna grimaced at this, shaking her head slightly.

Now that Toru was down for the count, she looked on to watch Brendan, to see what he would do.

Brendan did not expect his attack to suddenly go for Reynald, he was lucky Reynald was quick with his defense. Toru's lightning however was bad news. While it managed to do some damage to Reynald, Brendan was able to avoid the electrocution by dropping to the ground and sliding on his back for four meters. A scorch mark indicated Brendan's original position like an eerie shadow. None of Dwayna's meteors posed an immediate threat to him, since he managed to get out of their direct proximity. However, he still was not protected from the bits of earth that were thrown into the air as a result. Giving a small cough, Brendan lifted himself from the ground and surveyed the situation. Chadwyck managed to backfire all their attacks into one another, causing the damage to instead go to them. Chadwyck himself had moved to the top of one of the nearby art buildings, and was now watching intently for their next move. Brendan could not help but notice that the area around Chadwyck seemed slightly darker than everywhere else, as if the light itself was being sucked away.

"What do you think we should do, Reynald?" Dwayna asked him. "He seems even more intent on taking down Brendan than I was, and we're running out of energy." Dwayna asked, panting slightly.

"He's just as tired as we are, we have to just hold out a little longer" Reynald replied, he spoke too soon. Chadwyck suddenly jumped back to the ground with what was apparently a sword of electricity.

"Oh no, you're not gonna…?" Brendan whispered under his breath, fearing the worst. Those fears were realized as he slammed the weapon into the puddles below, the electricity coursed through the water and rapidly crawled towards the group. Toru threw up the earth wall to throw the electricity off track. Brendan himself leapt onto this wall to escape the electricity as it ran through the water in pulses. Brendan could just see Reynald and Dwayna surrounded by a kind of shield. Eventually, the electricity settled into the earth and the water below was clear of the dangerous amount of electrons. Brendan saw Toru collapse from fatigue, then slowly slip into unconsciousness. When Toru stopped forming the earth wall, large parts of it instantly collapsed due to instability. Brendan's segment of it however held on quite well. Brendan dropped to the ground and turned to Chadwyck. He was standing almost perfectly still in the pouring rain, which was starting to flood the street and form a giant puddle between hunter and hunted. The light around Chadwyck thinned out and darkened; the indicator that he was recollecting energy from the air around him: he was not going to attack, yet. Brendan closed his eyes and considered his options. Chadwyck would not try to do something too lethal, since he seemed to imply that he needed Brendan alive for whatever deal he had with Stel. Therefore, it was likely that he would go with using electricity again, and the water at their feet would send it coursing through the earth and amplify the power. The metal weapon Brendan had would just make things worse, and why did Chadwyck never get a shock himself? Brendan watched his footing, he was not standing in the puddle just yet, but the water was creeping up towards the sole of his shoe, eager to creep its liquid self into the pores of the material. Suddenly, Brendan saw an idea; it would require everything to go exactly as planned, and that he could keep himself from being caught himself. Brendan slowly began to walk at an angle towards Chadwyck, trying to act casual and calm.

"Well, looks like you might have won your little game. You got most of the pieces on our side of the board." Brendan started saying, comparing the battle to a game of chess. He paused his tongue before continuing, "And now you have me backed into a corner, you just need to make one more move, and you would have me in check. The question is though, is it checkmate?" Brendan said he stopped moving; he was now parallel to the wall with Chadwyck, about ten meters away. The downpour of rain continued to expand the puddle, it was now at just about the level he wanted it. Moreover, just in time too, for Chadwyck's darkish aura had faded away, "It's your move." Brendan stated, gripping the metal weapon in his hand, ready for whatever Chadwyck was about to throw at him, and silently praying that he could execute the trap to the fashion he desired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chadwyck's attack with the lightning weapon didn't work exactly as he anticipated. No one was directly hit by the electricity coursing about their feet, other than himself of course, the little bit of energy he converted from his own electrocution was currently sustaining him. Other than the bit he managed to convert, however, the majority of the electricity being amplified by the rain water zapped him. He had been too tired to keep the lightning away, and he could feel his muscles twitching from currents coursing through them.

Of course, that isn't to say his attack was pointless, it had served its purpose well enough. Most of his opponents were down, now only Brendan remained. Funny, He thought, of all fighters involved, it's come down to us two. He eyed Brendan warily as the boy began to pace toward him, comparing his game to that of a game of chess.

"It's your move." The prey said, Chadwyck felt a tinge of excitement come over him. True, he'd never intended for his game to go this far, but now that they were at the final turn, the last roll of the dice, the final move of this game of skill; he couldn't let it go to waste. He just had to play up the moment.

"How cinematic," Chadwyck began in a booming voice, it dripped confidence, which was impressive for someone on their last ounce of power, "That the two of us would be the last ones standing. What better setting for a final fight than in a flooded street, with you surrounded by fallen allies?" He began pacing in the opposite direction as Brendan, so that now they were parallel to the wall. "I should write movies, I can see the shot now, the camera would be directly above us; watching the rain fall upon us before we begin the next attack." He took a deep breath, "By now you've noticed that I've expended most of my energy, no sense hiding it any longer. But with the right move... It will be over soon enough." He had no plan, there was no need, he was too exhausted to perform more than one last effort. Good game, everyone. He thought as he formulated his last attack.

"Remember: it's all up to you." Chadwyck said, the game had been his test of their skill, and so far they had all performed as expected. But a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, and it was up to Brendan to show Chadwyck how strong they were. He closed his eyes, every muscle in his body screaming for him to cease all motion, he made a mental note to never fight four people at once again. He took a deep breath, around him the air began to electrify, sparks leapt between the air particles, cracks of the energy could be heard rising in a crescendo. Then nothing but silence; dramatic, the way he liked it. Suddenly, all the electrified particles formed together into a single burst of golden-blue light. The lightning jumped across the space between Chadwyck and Brendan, the energy crackling as it sizzled through the air. Chadwyck could barely stand; this was his final attack; the ending of the game was upon them at last.

(Blargh, Took me all week to get this done. It's here now at least)

Brendan waited while Chadwyck continued the showdown speech. His voice leaked with confidence and pride, overflowing with the thought that his victory was guaranteed. That was exactly what Brendan wanted. Chadwyck was positive that Brendan was the weakest link in the chain, and thus determined the strength of the chain as a whole. What Chadwyck did not know was that Brendan was greatly underestimated; nobody really knew what his abilities extended to, not even himself. Moreover, what he lacked in the destructive firepower that Chadwyck and many of the other members had, he made up for in flexibility and aerobics; which was getting out of the way of destructive firepower. In addition, he had stayed in school long enough to learn how electricity should behave naturally. When Chadwyck launched his massive electricity barrage, Brendan quickly jammed his metal weapon into the ground and leapt back so he was directly next to a column of windows of the nearby building he had positioned himself next to. He then crouched and watched as the electricity reached the planted trident. Naturally, during thunderstorms, lighting would most likely strike the highest point in an area, such as a tree in a field. Just as long as it could reach the ground from that point. That is why Thomas Edison invented the lightning rod, which was basically a giant metal pole that was attached to the top of the highest building. That way, during thunderstorms, lighting will strike it rather than potentially dangerous objects like fuel tanks or pedestrians. That was exactly the strategy Brendan was employing here, the trident would act as a lightning rod and channel most of the electricity into the ground, what little that was left would either continue on its path or flow into the water that covered the streets. That last part Brendan would have to move to avoid.

Chadwyck's lighting bolt came within three inches of the lightning rod before it turned sharply and struck the hammer that sat on top. If Chadwyck was a little bit stronger, he might have been able to keep it on course. However, he was just too weak, and the electricity came to close to the rod; it could not resist. The electricity gathered in the hammer part shortly before rapidly running down the shaft and curved into the prongs of the trident half. Most of it ran into the center spike and into the ground, harmlessly safe underground, the electricity that did split paths and run down the other ends did not reach the ground so easily, those spikes were not actually touching the ground, just the water that matted it. The electricity flowed into the water and once again, the electricity spread across the street like wildfire. Brendan quickly sprang upwards and clung to one of the window ledges of the building with his hands to avoid getting himself shocked. He then swung his legs to the side and threw himself over to the next column of windows; he repeated the action a second time so that he was directly above Chadwyck. He then pushed off the wall with both feet, positioned his upper body, and crashed into the spell-caster shoulder-first, intent on knocking him off his feet and onto the ground.

"At least that's over..." Reynald muttered as he lowered the field of energy protecting himself and Dwayna. Toru had blocked the remaining assault of energy at the cost of pretty much all his energy, leaving him laying right in the mist of battle. Reynald was watching Chadwyck and Brendan carefully, waiting for a moment to get Toru OUT of there. His muscles screamed at the mere fact that Reynald was still on his feet and his head swam, making his vision somewhat blurry for a moment. He shook his head and listened more intently.

"Well, looks like you might have won your little game. You got most of the pieces on our side of the board." Brendan started saying, "And now you have me backed into a corner, you just need to make one more move, and you would have me in check. The question is though, is it checkmate?" the rain had started to pick up. Reynald used a sliver of his energy to make sure the ground Dwayna and he was standing on did not get soaked. That way they couldn't get fried again.

"It's your move." Brendan stated, gripping the metal weapon in his hand, ready for whatever Chadwyck was about to throw at him.

Reynald sighed and kept listening. His energy reserves were dipping lower and lower and he could feel his powers slipping. Reynald's eyes slowly shifted from the rich crimson red to Casey's emerald green. He growled and pulled himself together. He just had to hold out just a little bit longer. Enough to get the brat out of the way.

"How cinematic," Chadwyck began in a booming voice, it dripped arrogance, "That the two of us would be the last ones standing. What better setting for a final fight than in a flooded street, with you surrounded by fallen allies?" He began pacing in the opposite direction as Brendan, "I should write movies, I can see the shot now, the camera would be directly above us; watching the rain fall upon us before we begin the next attack." He took a deep breath, "By now you've noticed that I've expended most of my energy, no sense hiding it any longer. But with the right move... It will be over soon enough."

"Arrogant pricks..." Reynald muttered. It pissed him off that one he was pretty much ignored as one of the fighters in this scene and two...he was NOT down. Drained, tired, and sore as all flaming hell. But he WAS still standing! Reynald decided to let them play their game, there was something bigger going on and he needed his energy.

The air began to electrify, sparks leaping between the air particles, cracks of the energy could be heard rising in a crescendo. Then it was silent. Here it comes... Reynald thought as all the electrified particles formed together into a single burst of golden-blue light suddenly. The lightning jumped across the space between Chadwyck and Brendan, the energy crackling as it sizzled through the air.

Brendan quickly jammed his metal weapon into the ground and leaped back so he was directly next to a column of windows. Reynald cursed as his brain clicked two and two together to figure out Brendan's plan. Or at least part of it. Burn that kid for not watching his surroundings! Reynald screamed in his head as he dashed towards Toru. That lightning will fry Toru if he tries what I think he is! With a baseball style slide, Reynald avoided the blast of lightning and managed to stop next to Toru. He scooped the kid up into his arms and RAN.

Chadwyck's lighting bolt came within three inches of the lightning rod before it turned sharply and struck the hammer that sat on top. The electricity gathered in the hammer part shortly before rapidly running down the shaft and curved into the prongs of the trident half. The electricity flowed into the water and once again, the electricity spread across the street like wildfire. Reynald growled loudly as he tossed Toru onto the dry patch of ground that Dwayna and he had used. Lightning started to run up his leg as Reynald jumped and rolled onto the dry ground. His skin crackled with electricity, causing his muscles to jerk here and there.

"Well I'm spent..." Reynald sighed with a soft smile. His hair died down to a soft brown and the crimson color finally gave way to a rich emerald green. Casey coughed and watched the remainder of Brendan's battle from his back, his muscles too tired to actually lift himself up.

Brendan had quickly sprung upwards and clung to one of the window ledges of the building with his hands to avoid getting himself shocked. He then swung his legs to the side and threw himself over to the next column of windows and again so he was directly above Chadwyck. Brendan then pushed off the wall with both feet, positioned his upper body, and crashed into the spell-caster shoulder-first, intent on knocking him off his feet and onto the ground.