• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Both Cut Man and Iron Man should be up a tier, but aside from that it looks good.
i thought about that, actually. Ironman being up a tier. but then i remembered; "This isn't Infinity War Ironman. He shouldn't be up too high."
so, he'll be at that tier. at least until you give him the new suit you planned on. that'll for sure knock him up a notch.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
hey, don't make jabs at my dear sweet Hugh Jackman. or Tom Holland. they're perfect. anyway, i understand Timeman's powers, and having read through your debate with Eevee, i've discovered that he's... not quite as powerful as you cutman him out to be.

Heh, just wait for him in battle. His combination is stronger than many people in the tier above him. And we can’t just say ‘Tom Holland is perf’ as an argument for him being timeman’s level XD. Timeman is an ace of wily’s top robots, it doesn’t make sense for him to be in the same tier as the other robots.

comic

Heh, just wait for him in battle. His combination is stronger than many people in the tier above him. And we can’t just say ‘Tom Holland is perf’ as an argument for him being timeman’s level XD. Timeman is an ace of wily’s top robots, it doesn’t make sense for him to be in the same tier as the other robots.
k.

I feel like the Robot Masters are gonna be a bit...wanked given how Eevee and you talk about them XD

But Tony should be in the same tier as X and Y, considering he’s arguably better than either of them.
And Shen you’re REALLY making Time Man out to be fat stronger than he actually is... slowing down time doesn’t make him any stronger than a robot who can cut a building in half with one slash and make said cut building EXPLODE.

I feel like the Robot Masters are gonna be a bit...wanked given how Eevee and you talk about them XD
Eh, elecman is mediocre in power, he just has a ton of stamina for lightning attacks. Cutman is almost elecman strength, but not quite in my opinion, and Timeman was built to be superior to them both. Soo logic dictating here lol

comic

pretty sure all the Megaman robots cancel each other out in one way or another, so i'd just put them all in the same tier together.
besides Megaman. he cool.

But Tony should be in the same tier as X and Y, considering he’s arguably better than either of them.
And Shen you’re REALLY making Time Man out to be fat stronger than he actually is... slowing down time doesn’t make him any stronger than a robot who can cut a building in half with one slash and make said cut building EXPLODE.
I actually explained his powers when I introduced him in the discussion, and I managed those powers and seperated into different types and variations for most instances of combat, so you’d be shocked what I could do with him, I’d take on most people in this Rp with him confidently

and Timeman was built to be superior to them both.
AND I MUST LAUGH.
Sorry but NO. Time Man was built for no reason other than to be built as a Robot Master capable of slowing the flow of time. He was made at the exact same time as Cut Man and Elec Man, and should have no reason whatsoever to be considered better than them considering both Robot Masters have far greater fears than Time Man has ever shown off. Time Man should be equal to the others.
Oh and what tier is Erza at? That sounds like a feat for at least A-tier.

comic

I actually explained his powers when I introduced him in the discussion, and I managed those powers and seperated into different types and variations for most instances of combat, so you’d be shocked what I could do with him, I’d take on most people in this Rp with him confidently
'cept Sans.
Timeman: I can stop time!
Sans: k
Timeman: Imbecile. I'll kill you before you know it!
Timeman: *freezes time*
Timeman: wha-
Sans: high-speed gaster blaster, beotch.
Timeman: *ded*

Also Nathan, Jin and King Sonic can easily bypass it. Nathan is already used to moving and fighting in slowed time, it just boosts his perception, Jin strikes far faster than Time Man could slow and we already know for a fact Time Man’s Time Slow does literally nothing to Sonic.

Gao: Sometimes it just feels like I'm a ghost
Volpa (an actual ghost): Really?

*Tempted to add Ember McClain. Am I pushing my luck?*

Ali
Catgirl
Alicia
Gao
Okimi
Happy
Reagan
Raitourufu
Yami no Neko
Volpa
Danny Phantom

I think that's it. :p

Oh Dipper, the only child without inexplicable powers remaining. Unless you count Kiraru's guys, which I don't since he sorta ditched the RP and they were sort of weird...

I'm cool with the Hunter's placement. He isn't superhuman, but as you said, he's the got the potential.

ACTIVE
The Hunter [Bloodborne]
INACTIVE
Raiden [Metal Gear Rising]
???? [I dunno why I did this I just wanted to look cool]
???? [A second one? Now I look real cool]
Thunderhead/Sarah [HeroSquad]
Grey Knight/Kiran [HeroSquad]
Flamebringer/Peony [HeroSquad]
Unkillable/Jackson [HeroSquad]
Quint [HeroSquad]
Priscilla [HeroSquad]
Aisha [HeroSquad]
Gerald, the Intern [HeroSquad]
Dr. Comma [HeroSquad]

Jesus, I have a lot of my OC characters in there. Granted, the four on the bottom are all C Ranks, and I'd personally put the intern at C-, not to mention I'll be ditching them once my time in the spotlight is over. I...should probably get their profiles ready in a doc, considering this is closing in fast and I don't want to constantly cite a multitude of older posts in this ungodly long discussion thread.

'cept Sans.
Timeman: I can stop time!
Timeman: Imbecile. I'll kill you before you know it!
Timeman: *freezes time*
Timeman: wha-
Sans: high-speed gaster blaster, beotch.
Timeman: *ded*
Except we already did away with this, as said, because otherwise sans would have been incredibly Op. however I imagine their attitudes clashing would be something like this.

Also, Timeman has this apparently, as stated from the wiki: ‘Time Man was revealed to have also been supplied with the EMP coating shielding.’

Not only that, but his pure synergy of abilities in tandem with each other is a massive combo that shouldn’t be underestimated, because I will never go easy with him. Trust me, you might mock now, but no matter who fights him, they won’t have a fun time.

Remember that time he slowed down time so much that he calmly strolled through a war zone without anyone even noticing he was even there? Yeah...and you say he’s weak
63AC85E8-894F-4AEE-B38C-CB4CDB5355A0.jpeg

...Again, why are Keith and Lance on different tiers? And why is Lance above Keith?

On a different note, I now have themes for my characters! :D

Some of these are going to be Undertale remixes, doesn't mean I link my characters to the actual Undertale characters themselves. I just feel like their themes would go well with them. Also, these aren't fight scene songs or anything, just songs I thought would go well with their characters.

Edward
Ashley
Lance (I say that when this and this are obviously better, lol. Some minor spoilers, but you should be okay. Mainly in the first one, and they only flash onscreen for at most a second.)
Keith
Hughes I actually had a really hard time with him, if someone else has a theme that they think would be better suited, than by all means let me know. XD

*Tempted to add Ember McClain. Am I pushing my luck?*
McClain, you say? Like...some kind of relative of Lance McClain??

upload_2018-10-16_19-44-8.jpeg

*cough*
Earlier text in this very issue notes how incredibly difficult it was to get Sonic Man’s speed close to the regular Sonic’s, with Wily having to use Quick Man’s processor. This combined with the knowledge that 1) Sonic is far faster than Quick Man thus meaning Sonic Man is far slower than regular Sonic and 2) Flash Man’s Flash Stopper (which is far superior to Time Man’s Time Slow) didn’t even affect Sonic Man at all, this means Time Man’s powers mean jack when it comes to those capable at moving at speeds similar to Sonic. Or hell, QUICK MAN.

View attachment 664990
*cough*
Earlier text in this very issue notes how incredibly difficult it was to get Sonic Man’s speed close to the regular Sonic’s, with Wily having to use Quick Man’s processor. This combined with the knowledge that 1) Sonic is far faster than Quick Man thus meaning Sonic Man is far slower than regular Sonic and 2) Flash Man’s Flash Stopper (which is far superior to Time Man’s Time Slow) didn’t even affect Sonic Man at all, this means Time Man’s powers mean jack when it comes to those capable at moving at speeds similar to Sonic. Or hell, QUICK MAN.
Ahem. Or it could be they just wanted an overpowered villain that all of these robot masters couldn’t do a thing against until sonic characters came, for a dramatic metal sonic esk fight. That’s what happened.

*Cough* Or maybe the Arcie comics are inconsistent as hell and you both shouldn't cherry pick certain feats from it as base level for these characters *Cough*

Either way so long as Timeman's time shenanigans doesn't cause LOL curb stomps to everyone he fights who don't happen to have super speed I don't care much. I gotta go do homework. Be back ASAP.

*Cough* Or maybe the Arcie comics are inconsistent as hell and you both shouldn't cherry pick certain feats from it as base level for these characters *Cough*

Either way so long as Timeman's time shenanigans doesn't cause LOL curb stomps to everyone he fights who don't happen to have super speed I don't care much. I gotta go do homework. Be back ASAP.
Oh I wouldn’t put down another RPer like that. It’s just this entire thing started when people started to comparing him to the same level as old Logan or Spider-Man XD.

Hmmm I think we are done with the topic anyway. Perhaps we shouldn’t take the comics as gospel

I personally don't know anything about Mega Man, so I can't make a personal comment, but it's getting redundant and honestly kind of annoying to see this argument every time I get in. I'm not saying it's not important; power scaling is a huge thing and we need it to make sure that no one is too overpowered, but if it's the same topic over and over again with the same person, I feel it'd be better if you discussed it privately somewhere else.

Actually, no. Not even the Wily Robot Masters could beat Sonic Man. In the end, Sonic Man and M'egga Man ended up taking each other out. That still doesn't change the feats though, so any character close to Sonic Man's speed basically just negates Time Man's gimmick entirely.
Also Godjacob, when I look at characters I measure them at their maximum potential, thus discussing what they can do as a full character. Tony's the major exception to this, due to his powers mainly being based on which suit he has. Also Jin, due to his buff when he becomes a Flesh Eater, but this isn't main-game Jin so he has yet to become a Flesh Eater. For Sonic Man, this isn't actually Sonic's maximum potential - it physically can't be, as Sonic Man is incapable of achieving the speeds of regular Sonic due to using Quick Man's relatively inferior processor. And it doesn't change the fact that the feat still happened, so therefore characters that can reach speeds similar to Sonic Man negate Time Man's power.

Actually, no. Not even the Wily Robot Masters could beat Sonic Man. In the end, Sonic Man and M'egga Man ended up taking each other out. That still doesn't change the feats though, so any character close to Sonic Man's speed basically just negates Time Man's gimmick entirely.
Also Godjacob, when I look at characters I measure them at their maximum potential, thus discussing what they can do as a full character. Tony's the major exception to this, due to his powers mainly being based on which suit he has. Also Jin, due to his buff when he becomes a Flesh Eater, but this isn't main-game Jin so he has yet to become a Flesh Eater. For Sonic Man, this isn't actually Sonic's maximum potential - it physically can't be, as Sonic Man is incapable of achieving the speeds of regular Sonic due to using Quick Man's relatively inferior processor. And it doesn't change the fact that the feat still happened, so therefore characters that can reach speeds similar to Sonic Man negate Time Man's power.
V
Hmmm I think we are done with the topic anyway. Perhaps we shouldn’t take the comics as gospel

personally don't know anything about Mega Man, so I can't make a personal comment, but it's getting redundant and honestly kind of annoying to see this argument every time I get in. I'm not saying it's not important; power scaling is a huge thing and we need it to make sure that no one is too overpowered, but if it's the same topic over and over again with the same person, I feel it'd be better if you discussed it privately somewhere else.
Yeah I can see how that’d be annoying. I’ll try to stay clear from those type of debates from now on. Thanks for telling me

Point is, Time Man really isn't that strong. Physical power may not even matter against Time Man if your speed is good enough, oh and there's also that matter of electrical fields. I'm done with the topic now, just wanted to make it clear Time Man is hardly the strongest of Doctor Light's Robot Masters.
That's Mega Man ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.