• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Plus you pulled timeman’s systems being upgraded specifically to fight Timeman in your last post, so doctor Wiley could have found a way to upgrade the signal as well

By the Light Brigade I mean Mega Man, Cut Man, Guts Man, Ice Man, Bomb Man, Fire Man and Elec Man. And no. Cut Man and the others were upgraded to have contingencies for some of the Robot Masters Light knows Wily has, such as Time Man, and improved reflexes helps anyways. That was done MANUALLY, back at Light Labs. Even back then, Wily had to manually upload the virus, and as far as I can tell Elec Man isn't plugged into anything that would give him an uplink to the castle. So there's no reason this should be happening to Elec Man. The castle's own traps, sure they could cause him harm. Elec Man's systems, completely isolated. Literally the only outgoing signal Cut Man and Elec Man have is the radio, and the most Wily could do with that is cut off communications, not cause Elec Man to hurt himself.

By the Light Brigade I mean Mega Man, Cut Man, Guts Man, Ice Man, Bomb Man, Fire Man and Elec Man. And no. Cut Man and the others were upgraded to have contingencies for some of the Robot Masters Light knows Wily has, such as Time Man, and improved reflexes helps anyways. That was done MANUALLY, back at Light Labs. Even back then, Wily had to manually upload the virus, and as far as I can tell Elec Man isn't plugged into anything that would give him an uplink to the castle. So there's no reason this should be happening to Elec Man. The castle's own traps, sure they could cause him harm. Elec Man's systems, completely isolated. Literally the only outgoing signal Cut Man and Elec Man have is the radio, and the most Wily could do with that is cut off communications, not cause Elec Man to hurt himself.

I could edit it for several nodes to be coming out of the ground, nodes that would highjack them at such a close proximity. That way it is something physical, and many of these things, sending a new type of signal riding on their radio communications, tricking their mainframe into receiving the signal regardless, not capable of shutting it out

No, I don't see that working. Point is, Elec Man's unable to be hacked into unless Wily knocks him out and reprograms the wires himself. If anything, it'd have to be a trap that hurts Elec Man, but if it's electrical it wouldn't really do anything to him.

No, I don't see that working. Point is, Elec Man's unable to be hacked into unless Wily knocks him out and reprograms the wires himself. If anything, it'd have to be a trap that hurts Elec Man, but if it's electrical it wouldn't really do anything to him.
You know it’s possibly to hack things today right by disguising radiowaves or even wifi and hacking computer through that correct? It’s the same principle, bypassing the normal protections one would have against hackingbor viruses and going a route that was previously unexplored or unexpected.

Apply that here, added with the case that it’s in an control environment of a wiley’s Castle, set up as a trap. Originally meant as an experiment to see if they could hack megaman, expecting him to come instead of cutman, but he’s cutting his losses.

You're aware the hacking technology in Mega City far surpasses that and that Doctor Light STILL blocked that, correct? I doubt anything less than an EMP similar to Ra Moon's could even do anything to Elec Man's interior systems.

You're aware the hacking technology in Mega City far surpasses that and that Doctor Light STILL blocked that, correct? I doubt anything less than an EMP similar to Ra Moon's could even do anything to Elec Man's interior systems.
Except your forgetting that doctors wily also has been inside elec man’s head, several times in fact. He knows how he ticks. Doctor light blocks out most hacking technologies, but that didn’t stop elec man from being hacked over four times by wily in the past.

Wily advances just as doctor light does. As soon as a challenge shows up in the field of research, doctor wily always rises to meet it. It is entirely possibly to hack said systems with not only the right technology, but in your own facility too. And like I said, no one would expect a hack through unconventional means.

Sorry, FOUR times? HAHAHAHAHAHAH. That happened ONCE and never again. Doctor Light made sure of that. Doesn't mean Wily hasn't tried, but in Megamix canon, Wily has not been able to get into their systems ever again. And sure, Wily advances like Light does, but Wily's attempted to beat Light's defense systems - and failed.

Actually, no. Not in the games. Mega Man 1, Mega Man I and Mega Man: Powered Up all take place in different timelines.
And I'm not willing to move on from this. Elec Man, just like the rest of the Light Brigade, SHOULD NOT be able to be hacked. Use some sort of trap on Elec Man instead.

And I'm not willing to move on from this. Elec Man, just like the rest of the Light Brigade, SHOULD NOT be able to be hacked. Use some sort of trap on Elec Man instead.
...? That’s rather a close minded way of thinking. Doctor light isn’t the gospel, his machines aren’t perfect same with his countermeasures. And any machine can be hacked, it’s just a matter of how difficult. And with how much time wily has had to mull this over, I would be disappointed ifbhe didn’t find out a way to be honest. It was alway a matter of time.

In that case, Doctor Light should be able to hack into the Wily Castle and cause everything to spontaneously combust, considering the Wily Castle has far weaker defenses than the Robot Master, sole and isolated units with not being hacked as PART OF THEIR UPGRADED DESIGN. Yet he's never done that, once. Even when he knows Wily isn't there. Should I just have Light go blow up the castle?

In that case, Doctor Light should be able to hack into the Wily Castle and cause everything to spontaneously combust,
Considering he doesn’t have explosives strapped to everything, I doubt that XD.

hacked as PART OF THEIR UPGRADED DESIGN. Yet he's never done that, once. Even when he knows Wily isn't there. Should I just have Light go blow up the castle?
Woah woah chill out. Considering the factors that doctor wily not only helped to create these bots in the first place, but also the bot walked into his facility, where he made a trap that would forcefully override it’s ‘brain.’ Similar to how robots cannot block paradox’s in their head as well, as well as not expect back door methods. It’s entirley reasonable. I’m not sure why this is such a big deal

I also imagine this hacking would only be mostly successful, still having many flaws in it’s beta design, the base elec man’s personality and mind still trying to break through at times

Sorry, uh, NO? The Robot Masters in Megamix were made by Doctor Light alone. Wily just sneaked in while they were powered down and manually uploaded a virus. And considering the factories require a lot of power, Light could just overload the generator and bam. This is a big deal for me because ELEC MAN SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE HACKED. That's part of Mega Man canon. Anything past the first game and Elec Man's systems are solid. EMP? Sure, but that's not hacking. The absolute most Wily could do to Elec Man is start talking in his ear by hijacking the comms.
And no, the Robot Masters can handle paradoxes and expect back doors just fine... They can think for themselves just fine, they just don't entirely have free will and need to follow the Three Laws of Robotics. Mega Man X was special because he got that free will.

Sorry, uh, NO? The Robot Masters in Megamix were made by Doctor Light alone. Wily just sneaked in while they were powered down and manually uploaded a virus. And considering the factories require a lot of power, Light could just overload the generator and bam. This is a big deal for me because ELEC MAN SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE HACKED. That's part of Mega Man canon. Anything past the first game and Elec Man's systems are solid. EMP? Sure, but that's not hacking. The absolute most Wily could do to Elec Man is start talking in his ear by hijacking the comms.
And no, the Robot Masters can handle paradoxes and expect back doors just fine... They can think for themselves just fine, they just don't entirely have free will and need to follow the Three Laws of Robotics. Mega Man X was special because he got that free will.
Regardless no creation is perfect. These nodes could also be overwhelming his systems and corrupting certain files and programs within him. Imagine if his original foundation for being unable to be hacked was compromised, the equivalent of a part of the human brain being temporarily inaccessible. Similar to a corrupted drive, he could use this opportunity the nodes would give him to highJack him.

And honestly, this is a Roleplay dude, and I have a good explanation. And I’m not sure why your angry since elecman is my controller character.

I can accept the nodes attempting to corrupt his systems. That's not hacking, that's the equivalent of bashing him up electrically. And it's because I care about the character.

I can accept the nodes attempting to corrupt his systems. That's not hacking, that's the equivalent of bashing him up electrically. And it's because I care about the character.
And I can understand your concerns, but I care about his character as well. I wouldn’t do anything to ruin him or anything.

And they’d be corrupting his systems, allowing wily to override the hacking protocol and highjack elecman, this field he created being a new prototype field to overhaul the hacking defense created by doctor light

Elec Man, as well as the rest of the Robot Masters, have ISOLATED SYSTEMS. Any sort of reprogramming Wily has ever done in the history of the series had to be done manually, since there's no other way for Wily to actually access their systems.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
it's becoming a running trend for you guys to argue back and forth about these sorta things... and usually i'll be siding with Eevee, no offense Shen, but i trust Eevee a lot more than most other people in most arguments.

Elec Man, as well as the rest of the Robot Masters, have ISOLATED SYSTEMS. Any sort of reprogramming Wily has ever done in the history of the series had to be done manually, since there's no other way for Wily to actually access their systems.
Same logic as how tony stark can only create suits out of iron or steel plates. While that’s usually his case, in infinity war he tries something different. Same case here with Wiley. He usually does manually, but seeing as he always loses when he goes that route, he’s trying something different.

It’s the future. They have more than one way to program something, let alone hack it.

it's becoming a running trend for you guys to argue back and forth about these sorta things... and usually i'll be siding with Eevee, no offense Shen, but i trust Eevee a lot more than most other people in most arguments.
Regardless, I’m confident in my logic. I am huge into sci fi technologies and I can say without a doubt that this would be possible. Funnily enough I’m coming out with a book with a main villain who uses this type of hacking as thier MO, so I did a lot of research beforehand

Wily wouldn't even bother trying that, though, seeing as how THERE'S NO WAY to remotely hack a Robot Master. The only kind of signal Wily could even get into Elec Man would be sound bites. I'll say it again, the Robot Masters have an isolated system. Unless Wily has somehow changed Elec Man's components for him to operate wirelessly, it's not happening. You can hack a drone remotely because it's remotely controlled, but the Robot Masters are independent and isolated.

Wily wouldn't even bother trying that, though, seeing as how THERE'S NO WAY to remotely hack a Robot Master. The only kind of signal Wily could even get into Elec Man would be sound bites. I'll say it again, the Robot Masters have an isolated system. Unless Wily has somehow changed Elec Man's components for him to operate wirelessly, it's not happening. You can hack a drone remotely because it's remotely controlled, but the Robot Masters are independent and isolated.

Except your forgetting his current predicament. The nodes are not only corrupting his systems, but imagine if his frequency for receiving orders, which you know it as sound waves or radio waves were highjacked as well. If his protocols for loyalty, or other such traits existed, they could have been corrupted by the trap. And then using this pliable, clean slate state of elec man’s, wily would use it to manipulate him

It just seems like Eevee takes issue with things Shen plans because he knows the lore and all. Honestly it seems like every argument with Eevee ends not with an agreement but with a party giving up. Honestly it's seems to be an issue only Eevee cares for and this is a huge crossover RP, so what if things are a little non-canon? I'd get it if this were a full on allegiance swap or personality change, but it's a robot getting himself hacked. It's obvious why Shen did this, so it wasn't a massive curbstomp when Elecman found the fight. Why can't the crystal just disable the Wily Protocol or something?

Look Eevee, I like you. Your a good writer and RPer, but you want things done your way and are stubborn to the point an argument never reaches a mature end, at least from what I've observed. But if no one really cares but you then what's the point? Self satisfaction? Honestly these arguments just slow down the RP and are overall detrimental, because any RP is heavily reliant folks on working together rather than against one another. So I humbly request that you two stop coming back to this and come to an agreement because I'm tired of watching you two go in circles.

also I'll take male corrin, please and thank you

It just seems like Eevee takes issue with things Shen plans because he knows the lore and all. Honestly it seems like every argument with Eevee ends not with an agreement but with a party giving up. Honestly it's seems to be an issue only Eevee cares for and this is a huge crossover RP, so what if things are a little non-canon? I'd get it if this were a full on allegiance swap or personality change, but it's a robot getting himself hacked. It's obvious why Shen did this, so it wasn't a massive curbstomp when Elecman found the fight. Why can't the crystal just disable the Wily Protocol or something?

Look Eevee, I like you. Your a good writer and RPer, but you want things done your way and are stubborn to the point an argument never reaches a mature end, at least from what I've observed. But if no one really cares but you then what's the point? Self satisfaction? Honestly these arguments just slow down the RP and are overall detrimental, because any RP is heavily reliant folks on working together rather than against one another. So I humbly request that you two stop coming back to this and come to an agreement because I'm tired of watching you two go in circles.

also I'll take male corrin, please and thank you

Thank you, I couldn’t have said it better myself. We need to find an agreement.

Personally, I would think this would be a good Segway eevee into getting into the dimensional plot, as cutman would most likely be forced to leave with the crystal to prevent being hacked himself, or attempted so. And this would put everyone in their right positions to start being brought into the fold

Except your forgetting his current predicament. The nodes are not only corrupting his systems, but imagine if his frequency for receiving orders, which you know it as sound waves or radio waves were highjacked as well. If his protocols for loyalty, or other such traits existed, they could have been corrupted by the trap. And then using this pliable, clean slate state of elec man’s, wily would use it to manipulate him
But the Robot Masters don't have a frequency like that. Elec Man just gets his orders through being told them, and aside from that he just operates interdependently. He could even disobey those orders if he can't accept them as long as it doesn't go against the Rules of Robotics. If you want a way to progress the plot to a different world, just have one of the Robot Masters step on a crystal during the fight. If it's Elec Man, Cut Man would jump to go save him, being pulled with him.
@Eeveechu151 working on a post, but first, what happened to Tony exactly? Did he pass out? Is the armor just deactivated? Need some intel so i can work up a Peter response. Karen will probably just say what happened to Tony and Peter will panic.
The armor is undergoing a sort of soft reboot for reasons no one yet knows, but Tony is indeed unconscious.

But the Robot Masters don't have a frequency like that.

The absolute most Wily could do to Elec Man is start talking in his ear by hijacking the comms.

Hm...these statements seem to contradict each other. He has comms, thefore can receive commands through them. These would qualify.

Also, if there are any other concerns of ‘he didn’t do this in the manga’ or other third party variables I don’t know about, we can put it on he as some sort of technology he found from one of the multiverses and managed to harness it. Ridley has a ben 10 device, so it ain’t that far fetched XD.

step on a crystal during the fight. If it's Elec Man, Cut Man would jump to go save him, being pulled with him.
Hm okay, although that would need you to progress more in the fight first

So basically Shantae, Yang and Sans are forced out of the fight? What are they gonna do now, sit around while the others save the day?

Also, Eevee, we can have some liberties here. It is an AU RP, not everything has to appeal to the 100% lore of the series we are from to the precise detail.

Actually, I have a plan for them. I’m afraid it involves them getting knocked out by an incoming threat and joining Tony, though...

.....interesting. Curious what you have in mind.

Yang: I was already WITH Tony before that generator BS. Are you trying to make me a damn damsel? First you have Tony "save" me from Y, then you have me knocked out by this generator and now you plan to have me knocked out AGAIN before rejoining Tony? This RP can suck it, I am better than this!

The Mion Generator and what’s happening splits up the party. I was planning for someone to come and grab Yang, Sans and Shantae while they were unconscious, but Sans and Yang woke up, so I’ve gotta knock them out again.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
The Mion Generator and what’s happening splits up the party. I was planning for someone to come and grab Yang, Sans and Shantae while they were unconscious, but Sans and Yang woke up, so I’ve gotta knock them out again.
Sans never even woke up. he'd have to be unconscious to do so, and he was never unconscious.

Status
Not open for further replies.