• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
space/time manipulation.
heh. sans has that.
anyway.
other than sans, all of my characters are pretty underpowered compared to all the characters introduced.
but sans would honestly be up there, pretty high with some of the other characters.
maybe master chief? i mean, that dude has been through some stuff.

Sorry for the late response, I was busier than I thought I was going to be.

You guys are worried about having underpowered characters? Hughes is just a regular human. Keith and Lance have their Lions, sure, but if something happened to the Lions or their Bayards and they couldn't find another weapon, they might be in trouble. I guess I might as well do one of these things too.

Both Keith and Lance would beat Hughes 10/10 times. I hate to put down my boy like that, but it's true. Not only are they better trained, but even without the Lions, they have better weapons and armor.

Keith would beat Lance probably 6/10 times. In Lion-less combat, I'd have to say that Keith is more agile than Lance, but other than that, they're fairly evenly matched. Let's not forget that Lance is an exceptional shot, even on the move, even once landing a hit on an extremely small area in a high-pressure situation while being pulled backwards by the vacuum of space. He deserves credit too.

Hughes can still take up a leadership role or something, also hoping there are some low level grunts we can beat up to give everyone combat time to shine.

Low ki Ridley would make an exciting KH boss battle the more I think about it.

Also having class soon so, may not be active much this morning. Fair warning.

Also, welcome Keda to the adventure! Being a spear-wielding tribesman, I figured it'd be a good way to get some interaction with Toramaru's characters going and also introducing a nice comparison in the spear-wielding beast with the spear-wielder and the beast.
And yeah, we're gonna have to figure out how to overcome the language barrier with Keda. I don't want to RP as him like I'm RPing as Sylvia forever... (IF YOU READ THE WEBTOON I'M REFERENCING WE SHALL BE NERD SIBLINGS FOREVER)

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
I want to see Ridley and Stark get into a fight later. I'll have Tony call out how strangely nostalgic it is, referencing one of his enemies from the comics, Fin Fang Foom.
That actually sounds cool, Maybe they could become 'friends' (I use that term loosely) a while after because that's how this stuff turns out sometimes.

comic

*ahem*
Iron Man is a murderer too, y'know.
He probably has a higher kill count that either Negan or Ridley.

Is there really a scenario where any of our characters are able to do anything when we have Stormbreaker Thor on the roster? I want my characters to contribute things. I want people like Hughes to shine in this, Thor would just steal the spotlight from all of them IMO.

That's my one concern, I don't care what character someone has if everyone has a shot to shine in this RP. I just don't see a scenario where Thor wouldn't solve every problem we have. Just my opinion and concern.

Thor would probably not be doing everything. If he really did everything, he wouldve been there to stop Thanos before he got all the Infinity Stones in IW. Plus, without a combination of Thor, Lucario, Vader, Rocket, Tony, and some others, our characters dont exactly stand a chance. Thor and Lucario together would basically crush it. And Rocket/Tony banter would also be hilarious, as well as Rocket being able to provide some good tech for Tony.

Thor spent a bulk of the movie getting Stormbreaker, so he didn't have the time to intervene when Thanos went to get the other stones. Fact is it's kinda hard to justify him with Stormbreaker not solving all our problems and there is hardly combat situations where people like say Yang could actually contribute with Thor around as he'd just solo the other side. And playing pure support for the hero Thor as he saves the day is not the most appealing thing to me.

Thor, Lucario, Vader, Rocket, Tony, and some others,

Lucario isn't the strongest OC I control IMO. I have no idea where this OP thing comes from.

I meant before he got the Mind Stone. He was right there. Also, Lucario is OP. Aura is just really hard to beat. Plus he has powerful attacks even without the Aura. At the same time, Yang is extremely powerful as well. Thor wouldnt solve everything, i would probably be using Parker and Rocket in most of the fights anyways. Thor would jump into battle if things got really, really difficult. He is just mainly there to be a powerful backup plan and for the Tony/Thor and Rocket/Thor banter.

Thor had Thanos beat, he just made the mistake and didn't go for the head. Plus he was wrecking the bulk of Thanos' army and only realized he was there when it was too late.

Lucario already lost in this RP. Can't say he's hard to beat when he is 0-1 in fights so far.

Honestly Toph is the most OP of my cast (Against each other), cause three of my OCs use metal (Hiro, Erza & Yang) as part of their fighting style so she kinda counters them (Unless I argue the Keyblade being a magic sword makes it immune to said metal bending)

I'd hope he wouldn't solve everything, I just don't see a reasonable scenario where he doesn't apart from "Thor just won't fight...for some reason."

Lucario lost because he was ganged up on by Spider-Man and Yang and because Spider-Man knows all about him. Zeliyis doesnt know a lot about our characters last time i checked. In a fight where Lucario’s opponent didnt know every trick he had up his sleeve, he could probably win fairly easily with a little bit of help.

I mean, I control Lucario. And in my view he would have lost to Yang straight up cause Yang's ability to take hits and hit back harder counters a fighting type like Lucario. She's a bad match for him, and I viewed my cast as reasonably (Toph's metal bending aside) balanced compared to each other or on the same "tier" with match type and other factors deciding who wins or loses.

Still, Lucario is pretty powerful, and the fact that Yang and Toph are better means that they are even more powerful. Sure, Thor is extremely powerful, but its not like theyre useless. They are still really good even if someone better shows up. Thor was probably only gonna fight Zeliyis and his henchmen anyways. What reason would he have to attack Yang, especially with Tony and Peter warning him not to?

Thor was probably only gonna fight Zeliyis and his henchmen anyways. What reason would he have to attack Yang, especially with Tony and Peter warning him not to?

It's not so much a "none of my characters can beat Thor, so we shouldn't use him" (Even if one character being able to debatably and IMO beat every character I control is pretty disheartening).

The problem is, with Thor around why would he not take all the bad guys down? The henchmen would he bugs to Thor, and if he solos them (The way he did Thanos' army) then who is left for the rest of the cast to fight? Cause cleaning up Thor's scraps is not what I desire to RP here. That's my concern.

If all the henchmen were as strong as Elidocorc, nobody would be able to solo them, not even Thor. He would probably defeat Elidocorc with the help of four or five of our strongest characters besides him.

Stormbreaker Thor is in his own tier compared to our strongest characters. They'd be his sidekicks, not equal contributers in those fights at best.

But we'll see what happens. Just worry guys like Hughes are gonna be stuck with nothing to do with the way we have our villains and characters like Stormbreaker Thor around. But who knows maybe it will all work out, just feel power insecurity and fear my cast will be useless is all. Nothing more.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Ridley's a murderer. I don't think Tony would become friends with him or Negan under any circumstance...
Yeah, didn't think of the whole 'Murderer' bit, maybe Ridley will change to become more lighthearted but still... well, a murderer, I also meant slightly closer, a bit more relaxed around each-other. I've been having a plan where certain characters/roleplayers get a chance to make friendships and what not, that's what I was trying to do with the whole 'Tony and Ridley fall into a portal' thing, should've asked first though. So, If you and the others of the trio agree, the four of us could go through a portal together then we could fight during the adventure.

comic

Uh, no? His whole thing is about saving lives. He's never deliberately taken one unless he had to or it's Aldrich Killian.
Countless men involved with the Ten Rings.
It was glossed over in Iron Man, but his weaponry quite clearly killed the men.
Yes, it was a form of justice, but murder, nonetheless.

Eh, he only used explosions. They're probably OK.
Also that was at the time where one of the most important people in Tony's life - Professor Yinsen - was just gunned down. You'd think he'd be a little pissed.

comic

"For all you know, I'm your worst nightmare, now leave the kid alone or I'll have a corpse to chew on today," They growled, their jaw slightly splitting apart (Like in the show or whatever). They tried to grab their weapon, taking a sharp inhale due to the pain, They tugged on it, due to their enhanced strength they tugged harder than they meant, hard enough to throw somebody a few feet, they quickly let go after that, looking at their bleeding palm and licking it. (Note, if you can't tell, I may have accidentally thrown you depending on if you agree with that.)
Yeah, whatever happened went over my head.
I get that someone was thrown, and my assumption is Negan, but to avoid confusion, I'd like to ask for confirmation if it was Negan who was struck.
Eh, he only used explosions. They're probably OK.
Also that was at the time where one of the most important people in Tony's life - Professor Yinsen - was just gunned down. You'd think he'd be a little pissed.
No, I mean, that too, but whenever he went on his spree against the Ten Rings, going to destroy all his weapons. It was implied he killed more off-screen.
Negan, on the other hand, hasn't actually killed too many individuals himself. He's killed a good handful, but nothing compared to Tony Stark's kill count.

Status
Not open for further replies.