• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favourite Legendary Pokemon

Humm.

1.) Giratina
2.) Dialga (go master of all time!!)
3.) Suicune (my favorite of the Legendary dog trio)
4.) Mew (zetta cute :3)
5.) Arceus (the fact that it can learn anything is pretty cool)

1st gen. articuno and mew mewtwo.
2nd gen. suicune, lugia, and celebi
3rd gen.Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Latios, Latias,Jirachi,Deoxys
4th gen.Dialga, Palkia, Uxie, Mespirit, Azelf, Manaphy, Cresselia,Shaymin Sky forme/normal ,Darkrai,Giratina and Arceus.

I just like these legendaries because they maybe strong by stats, Cute or cool looking.

1st Gen: Mew/Mewtwo and Moltres
2nd Gen: Celebi and Suicune
3rd Gen: Latios/Latias and Jirachi
4th Gen: Uxie/Azelf, Shaymin and Cresselia.

I have most of those ones, just not Mew and Latios/Latias. Yes, I have Jirachi, Shaymin and Celebi. xD

1. Mewtwo Mewtwo almost has the same DNA as mew; My Brothers Favorite Pokemon.
2. Suicune Fast, awe inspiring Pokemon like me!
3. Deoxys Got different Formes, thus my favorite.
4. SHAYMIN! Not only my 4th Gen. Pokemon, My All-Star pokemon!

1st Gen: Mewtwo. I like his awesome ability to controll anyone's mind. Also Mewtwo's the only psychic type I like.

2nd Gen: Lugia and Ho - oh. But if I have to choose one, its Ho-oh. I love his colorfulness and he's the one who created the 3 legendary dogs!!!

3rd Gen: Kyogre, Groudon or Rayquaza. If only one, its Rayquaza. I love his attacks and he's my favorite dragon type. Also, he looks very cool.

4th Gen: I dont know much about 4th gen legendaries. But for the looks, Darkrai is very cool.

I just wanted to say you forgot Phione.
But my all time favorite would be Manaphy. Second comes Mew, then Celebi, then Jirachi. Shaymin, Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie are still in the pending stage. And yes, im aware that they are the midget legendary pokemon. I like small things. dont know why.

I just wanted to say you forgot Phione.
That's probably because Phione isn't legendary.

I'm honestly not a huge fan of most legends, at least not enough to pick per generation. I really do like both Articuno and Darkrai though.
Articuno due to back in Gen I days when you got to look at it in the binoculars.
Darkrai, just because I enjoy the whole 'Hey, let's put things to sleep and kill them slowly' mentality. Also, it can't hurt that I have two of them.

Ok. My favorite legendary pokemon are...

1st Gen: Mew (cutest pokemon! ;D and No. 1 fav.!)

2nd Gen: Celebi (Cool Time Travel! :p ;D)

3rd Gen: Jirachi (Dreams come true!)

4th Gen: Dialga (Primal Dialga Music Rocks! :))

Hope you watch Pokemon '09 Movie! Yay!!!!!!!!

Articuno cause its pretty ;)
Lugia cause he looks awesome and confuses people with his types ;D
Rayquaza cause he's green normally and black when Shiney
And
Darkrai Cause hes the first Dark Type Legendary

my favorite legendary is manaphy because i love the sea and wish i could swim to the sea temple like he can. (i know i said the sea thing, but kyogre just isnt as cool as manaphy drizzle

1st Gen: I liked Mewtwo i always thought Mewtwo was pretty neat being cat and human like with psychic powers. Also being created off of a super rare pokemon (Mew) was a pretty good idea. The colors suit it very well to.

2nd Gen: I preferred Raikou i always loved it being a legendary electric type something other then a Zapdos. That can actually walk and has arms (Well sorta...) I loved the way its fur yellow with black lighting like symbols on it sides and its tail is looking like its made of lightning.

3rd Gen: I without a dout love Deoxys being from space and being able to change its forms from Norm>>Atk>>Def>Spd Its colors where total-perfect.
Its attacks suit it very nicely and being a virus was slightly odd though. I still don't understand how DNA mutation made it like this, could that mean theres other types of Deoxys besides forms?

4th Gen: Darkrai being able to give people nightmares is wicked yet it doesnt mean to. Being a pitch black pokemon made me curious to what they mean by it.

I thought I'd already posted here. Meh...

1st Gen: Articuno, as it simply looks like royalty and has an awesome cry.
2nd Gen: Ho-oh. It used to be Celebi, but Ho-oh has an amazing design and learns some pretty awesome moves. Funnily enough, none of the 2nd Gen Legendaries really stand out to me, even though it is my favourite Generation.
3rd Gen: Jirachi. I just think it is an interesting concept, and has a unique type combination. As far as I can remember, it's the first steel type which isn't like "Look at my high defense stats and awful special attack stats!"
4th Gen: Arceus. Almost said Regigigas just for it's awesome cry. Anyway, I never thought Nintendo would make a God pokemon, but they did. Arceus' ability to be any type rules, and it pwns.

1st season: mew is super cute
2nd: Lugia is really awsesome
3rd: Latias, she's so cute and the light-reflecting down thing is sweet
4th: Manaphy is super cute and is the prince of the sea for arceus' sake.

Rex

Resident Furry
Darkrai would have to be my absolute favorite Legendary Pokemon. Darkrai, and other dark types like it, are always a welcome addition to my team, since the most powerful Pokemon in it is normally Fighting or part Fighting. Plus it can punish a Pokemon that uses Rest with its Ability, Bad Dreams. And to top it all off, it looks cool.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Bloodless, one word answeres are SPAM. We'd like to know why he's your favourite, otherwise there isn't much point to the post. Make sure you read the rules before posting again.

Eh, sorry. Forgot about that.

Rayquaza is primarily my favorite because the area where you get it is so different from where you get any other legendary. Instead of some cave or mountain, you have to go up a huge tower. It actually can get some decent moves for a dragon type. And then there's the fact it's a dragon.

I would have to say darkrai.

For an uber, his stats are mediocre at best, but he makes up for this with his signature attack. I think the concept of a nightmare pokemon, one that can actually enter the dreams of others, is really cool, and darkrai has the ability as well as dream eater to ravage sleeping foes.

His appearance appeals to me because you can't really describe it. It is sinister but you don't get the impression he is all that evil. The thing around his neck that resembles teeth I feel is a nice addition.

First generation, I really liked both Mew and Mewtwo. If I was forced to pick between the two of them, I would probably go with Mew though. It's amazing adaptability in terms of moves is just brilliant. Also, it's adorable.

Second Generation, I cant say I really have a favorite. I dislike Raikou, Entei, and Suicune, but none of the remaining ones really stand out to me at all.

Third Generation, I'll go with Kyogre. It's just so easy to use in combination attacks. Groudon, Rayquaza, Latios, and Latias look somewhat ugly to me, Regirock, Regice, and Registeel were pretty much unusable in my parties, and I never was able to get Jirachi and Deoxys.

Fourth generation, Azelf. The others are ok, but cant measure up to Azelf as I use him (except perhaps Giratina). My most potent battle strategy is based on Azelf, while the others are just optional extras to me.

Ho-oh and Arceus...
I mainly like Ho-oh because I'm into the phoenix thing, but I don't really like Moltres... I also like Ho-oh's tail how it's like a circle of feathers, and his colors too me are just awesome, I'm not a really big fan of his little hairdo though...Then I like Arceus because since I'm a pretty spiritual person, I think, Arceus just really seems epic how he's the Alpha (I can't wait to see who's the Omega :D) and I like his ability, Multitype and own specific move, Judgement, which is the perfect STAB.

Gen I - Mew and Mewtwo are my favorites. Mewtwo is beast and was the best Pokemon of all. Stats made this I believe. Mew is so cute! I love its roles in the movies. I even have a keychain to support it.

Gen II - No real preference. The beasts are cool in their own way. Raikou commands thunderstorms, when Entei barks volcanoes erupt, and Suicune purifies water. Ho-oh is pretty cool. Love the pheonix idea. Lugia was amazing in the 2nd movie. Loved his role as the king of the sea. Celebi is pretty cool time traveling and all. Cute beyond belief.

Gen III - Love the regis and the myth trio. The regis are sweet because they are living monuments. Kyogre is cool because he created the sea. Ground created the land. Rayquaza calmed the others when they fought.

Gen IV - Pretty much all. The lake trio was cute and pretty awesome for the storyline. The dragon trio is awesome. They are powerful and have their roles in the creation of the world. Arceus is amazing because of his plates and creating the universe. Manaphy is so cute. It's the prince of the sea and I love the water! Darkrai is beast because he's pretty much unstoppable once the opponent falls asleep. Dark Void + Bad Dreams + Nightmare = death to all. Shaymin was cute also. It's an adorable hedgehog and dog when it's in Sky Forme.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Please don't write in all Capitals, it gets annoying very quickly and it is against our rules. Go take a look at them if you haven't already...

1st Gen: My favorite here would definitely have to be Articuno, with Mew coming in as a close second. I'm a fan of Ice types and Articuno is one of the coolest! (lol ice joke XD) It looks amazing, especially in the Pokemon Movie 2000. Plus it makes it snow whenever it flaps it's wings, that's just pure awesome ;D

2nd Gen: This is where it gets hard. All of the legendary pokemon here are awesome, so I guess its a three way tie between Lugia, Ho-oh, and Celebi. They all have awesome power and look cool too. These pokemon are simply amazing!

3rd Gen: Here my favorite would probably be Jirachi. It may be small but can do alot. Granting any wish is an amazing power and shouldn't be taken lightly. Also, it's really cute!

4th Gen: My favorite legendary without a doubt is Darkrai! He by far has the most power and looks the coolest. 8) The power to create nightmares is awesome and he can disappear into shadows. Now that just can't be beat.

Grouuuudoooon!!! ;D Groudon is my favorite legendary pokemon. People always say kyogre is stronger but it can withstand an Icebeam of the same level has a drought Solarbeam combo that is destruction incarnate and has the sheer destructive power of a volcano! That's also why I hate heatran, they stole groudon's thing with that. >:(