• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favourite Legendary Pokemon

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Of the 1st gen Articuno is hands down my favorite. It was the first legendary I ever caught as well as the only one in my first play through of Blue Version. I accidently defeated Zapdos and Moltres having been unaware of there importance making Articuno a must have, so much so that I splurged my Master Ball on it. It has captivating beauty, awesome power, and when I took it to the E4 it defeated my rival's Venusaur when all my other Pokemon were down for the count.

Next is Mewtwo. A total badass with a badass design. On top of that we share the same birthday (Feb 6). Unfortunately I used the Master Ball on Articuno and my 10 year old brain couldn't think of any other stratagy so I cried :'(. By my second play through I had learned of Missingno so Master Balls were no problem.

Lugia became my favorite for the 2nd gen because when I first saw the trailers for the 2nd movie I actually thaught it was an evolution of Articuno :p. I learned otherwise from the movie when I actually saw the it, but that didn't stop me from admiring Lugia. I chose Silver Version spacificly so I could train Lugia. Of course up until its capture I thaught it was a water type, maybe dragon, but I digress. Just another misconception I had for a Pokemon that facinates me so. My Lugia actually got so powerful it single handedly defeated Lance in the E4 and in Gym Leader Castle in Pokemon Stadium 2.

I actually have Kyogre to thank for getting me back into Pokemon. I got bored playing Crystal Version, I never did finish it, but one day at Target I saw the pre order for Ruby and Sapphire. I'm an up-and-coming marine biologist and I'm esspecially facinated by marine mammals. Seeing Kyogre on the cover of Sapphire as a majestic blue killer whale made me pre-order the game on the spot. I faught my way through until I got to the Cave of Origins and claimed my prize.

The 3rd gen also birthed another favorite legendary of mine, Deoxys. Let's face it, Deoxys is a beast and his origins are only matched by Mewtwo. Unlike Mewtwo though, Deoxys can adapt to any battle senario and has Psycho Boost to boot.

As for the 4th gen I can't say any captured my heart the way the prievious did. For one there are too many and some are just too over powered for me to actually consider them Pokemon. Of course I still lack a DS so maybe a favorite will emerge when I actually play DPP :-\

Well there ya go. I like them mostly for the way they are not just power.

1st Gen:
Moltres- Just because of the awesome flames. It just looks cool.
Mew- I love how many moves Mew can learn, and Mew's just so cute. You just have to love the tail.

2nd Gen:
Entei-The very first Legendary I ever caught.
Suicune-Suicune's just so pretty, and I love all of the moves.
Celebi- I like how it's the 'Protector of the Forset' in some games and that it can go through time.

3rd Gen:
Deoxys-I just like all of the different forms.

4th Gen:
Cresselia-One of the best psychic Legendaries out there, with stats and all.
Shaymin-Come on, it's a Pokemon that looks like a bush. What's not to love?

1st: Mew hands down, it has to be the cutest legendary in the 1st generation.

2nd: Celebi and Suicune. I loved Pokemon 4ever and i fell in love with these two.

3rd: Latias. I love how it can turn invisible with its down and the movie it was in :)

4th:Shaymin. Especially the Skye Forme. Its so adorable :)

I personally like The Shadow Lugia in Pokemon xd the best. The moves are awesome. Shadow blast FTW
I also like, uh, well, i dont exactly think it is a legendary, but would rotom count? I like extra forms it obtains, and i guess that is the only reason i might buy platinum later :p

Well, I mostly like Mewtwo for First Gen. he's got that sort of really cool look, and he's very powerful.
2nd gen, would be Lugia, Suicune, or Ho-oh.Lugia is very powerful, and one of my fave water-psychics. Ho-oh, for Sacred Fire and being a cool fire type. Suicune just looks very graceful and pure, sort of like Celebi.
3rd Gen, probably Rayquaza. he comes off with a strong aura of being powerful.
4th gen, Dialga, Giratina, Arceus. Darkrai was on my mind for this, but Giratina sort of wins. he's got that really cool death look. Dialga, overall, looks better than Palkia, along with it's Dragon Steel combo. And Arceus is the Ultimate Pokemon. It can change to any type, what's not to love?

From each generation, my favorites would have to be (ignoring Pokemon you can't get in-game):

1st: Zapdos - I've always thought he was the strongest of the three birds, and although I like Articuno's design better, Zapdos' isn't too bad.

2nd: Lugia - I really don't have any idea why, I guess I just like how it looks :-\.

3rd: Latias - The only two catchable in-game legendaries I really like from this generation is Latios and Latias. Red's my favorite color, so I naturally like Latias better.

4th: Shaymin - Once again, no clue why... I guess it's just kinda cute.

Gen 4: Arceus because it took more than 200 pokeballs to catch it and it learns judgement at level 100 it's a cool move ! Dialga because it's easy to catch.
(I can't Decide on the other Gens sorry)

1. Lugia, it has that feel that makes you feel different inside, that how one thing can make a huge difference.

2.Zapdos It's electrifing :D

3.Articuno Its soooo preety..

4.Moltres, ok this is just me, i think Moltres looks someof like a chicken1 :-\

1st gen: ummm...Mewtwo! To put it just plain and simple, Mewtwo kicks butt!

2nd gen: Lugia, so pretty and powerful and extreamly hard for me to get, anyone want to give advice? Please? I'm serious you know, so anyone at all want to be nice and tell me how to get Lugia please feel free...please.

ok 3rd gen: Torn between Latias, Latios and Rayquaza...all so beautiful and powerful

4th gen: so many to choose from....Arceus and....Mesprit i guess

That would be a hard tossup between Suicune and Riaku(sp?)
considering electric and water types are my favorite, and they are dogs.
n_n

But I got a legit arceus last deoxys event.
I went to gamestop to get my deoxys and it added an azure flute to my key items list
and I went to the top of coronet and a staircase from the heavens appeared.
I climbed it and caught arceus with an ultra ball n_n

btw, you can get darkrai and shaymin in D/P using walk through walls.

well ill split it up into each gen for ya'll ;)

1st Gen: Mew and Mewtwo, because, well..... they kicked ass in the first pokemon games before dark types came out, and also defiantly the birds, including Ho-Oh and articuno and zapdos XD because ive always had a place in my heart for electric Pokemon, and i like the fact its part electric and flying, so if a n00b trys too weaken it by thinking its just flying then the damage will be halved :p

2nd Gen: well, probably the Legendary dogs AND lugia, i liked raikou most of all because he was an electric sabertooth tiger thing, and also suicune cuz of the way it moves, its like its so delicate. lugia coz its like a giant dragon/bird/sea serpent, totally awesome

3rd Gen: the only one here is probably rayquaza, because it helped me alot in the Pokemon league, despite the fact the PP usage of most of its moves were low, so when i got to the champ i had to use struggle, and mosly i forget to buy ethers and elixers ;D

4th Gen:mosly shaymin cuz its soooooo cute in its land form and a bit of darkrai except i cant get it :-[ i like the desighn of darkrai being a ghost thing but it looks like it was a man :o OH! i almost forgot, GIRATINA!!!!! hes a ghost/dragon, whats not to like bout him????? i also like the "origin" form of him in Pokemon Platinum! hope it comes out soon in time for christmas (most likely not!! :p)

thats all! thanks for readin

These are my favorite pokemon separated onto Generations

1st gen. Mew, Mewtwo, and Articuno:Mew because its so cute and its my first legendary pokemon obtained at a event, Mewtwo because hes so mysterious and cool, and Articuno because i love snow and it was the my first favorite pokemon ever, articuno is so beautiful.
2nd Gen. Celebi and Ho-oh: Celebi because shes so adorable and can time-travel, Ho-oh because its the most beautiful phoenix I've ever seen and it can learn my favorite fire-type move ancient fire.
3rd Gen. Deoxys, Jirachi, Rayquaza, and Latias:Deoxys because its an alien for outer space how cool is that? Jirachi because hes so cute, grants wishes and can only be woken up by a pure voice, Rayquaza because hes the coolest looking dragon i have ever seen, and Latias because shes so cute and I love the way she sounds!
4th Gen. Rotom, Darkrai, Shaymin, Dialga, and Arceus:Rotom because ain't he the cutest looking plasma ghost pokemon? Darkrai because hes a Dark Knight and he rocked in the 10th movie, Shaymin because its so cute in land form and looks cute and cool in sky form, Dialga because hes the coolest steel-dragon ever and hes the master and deity of time ain't that wicked, and Arceus because hes the god pokemon (I think)and he can tranform into any type ain't that cool?

Well......that pretty sums it up

[attachment deleted by admin]

I've said this already. Don't attach useless stuff to your posts. It's pointless SPAM. Warn'd again. One more time and you would be n00b'd.

Please read the rules. Then re-read them again. Then one more time so you don't get sent into the realm by me.

My favorite Legendary Pokemon would have to be Sucuine. I just love the design and power it has (:.

EDIT:
I decided to put my favorite legendaries from every generation (:.

First Gen: Zapdos because its design is amazing and the concept of being super-effective against yourself (and electric flying type :p) is cool.

Second Gen: Suicuine (: look above ^^^

Third Gen: Um, defiantly Rayquaza and Groudon (:. I love the gods of the Ground/Space thing. And their designs.

Fourth Gen: Ew. No. Hate 'em all.

Mew, hands- down. After that, they really add too many. "Legendary" doesn't really mean that much if there's absolute loads of them.

Also, it is the cutest pokemon ever. Completely clueless but still powerful.

Mewtwo. It was and still is the Ultimate Pokemon. I'm an old school Pokemon gamer, Mewtwo kicks arse.

in the generations it goes something like this though:

Gen I: Have a guess...

Gen II: I'll say Lugia or Suicune. Celebi sucked. very, very badly.

Gen III: Kyogre or Latias. Latios was good, I just prefer Latias, probably because I got Sapphire

Gen IV: what 'Legendaries'? There are no legendaries in IV... How legendary can they be if half the dang pokedex is 'Legendary'?

Okay thats a bit judgemental... I just don't see why on earth they needed so many legendaries in D/P...

But out of them... I'd say Dialga. Big, Blue, Dragon and Steel. Nice.

First:

My favorites are... Well, number one is Mewtwo... Why? Well, there are many reasons but they come from the movies. I love how... Well, cold Mewtwo starts out and then he gradually became slightly more open towards humans... And he is male, isn't he? I mean he sounds male to me.

Mew is also pretty close behind Mewtwo, she(I don't know but I think of Mew as a female) is just so... Cute. She's all like 'you can't see me, na na na na na na' and I just think she's adorable... Maybe it's the tail, I don't really get it myself but I have an obsession with tails. Animal and Pokemon.

Second:

Most definitely Entai. It was the movie, he was just so cool! Though, I guess he wasn't the real Entai I love him! And let's not forget Suicune, pretty awesome! I loved how Suicune helped Ash and co protect Celebi and stuff...

Third:

Kyorge. My first legendary and there is absolutely no way you could ever change my love for her... Don't ask why I think of Kyorge as a girl but I do.

Forth:

Darkrai, I love him to death! The movie gave me a very good image of him but it was sad... :( Also, I just thought he was cool. I mean, I love dark Pokemon and the whole thing with Celcia(sp?) was cool.

1st gen: Mew & Mewtwo. Gotta love the pink alien cats.
2nd gen: Suicune, the water wolf.
3rd gen: Rayquaza, the ultimate dragon pokemon.
4th gen: Palkia & Dialga. Both are great in looks and moveset.

1st Gen: Zapdos, Articuno. Birds FTW^^
2nd Gen: Suicune, Entei, Raiko. Dogs Own to lol.
3rd Gen: Rayquaza, Deoxys Attack Form, Latios, Groundon.
4th Gen: Shaymin, Both forms look cool. Giratina Origin Form. Dialga.

C

Celadon

I like Cresselia. She looks good and is very strong, too. Plus, I like roaming legendaries as they create a sense of adventure in me. ^^

I also like Articuno because I like Ice type in general.

My favourite legendary pokemon would have to be shiny shaymin. It looks extremely cute. The reason I said shiny is because blue Shaymin looks better in my opinion.

Mine has got to be either darkrai, rayquazza or giratina in origin form.
Darkrai for it's bad dreams/dark void combo,rayquazza for my passion for powerful dragon pokemon and origin form giratina because it looks cool! '_'

i guess my favorite legendary pokemon would have to be........GIRATINA!!!!!!only cause he looks awesome...plus the moves hes got are just plain cool

First is mew. Just nostalgic as being the first un-obtainable legendary.

Second is Articuno, it was my first lvl 100.

Third is Mewtwo, just because I liked it in the first pokemon movie :]

I probably think that Arceus is my favorite because of how it looks.my favorite form is the fighting type because of the moves it learnes like brick break.