• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favorite GameCube Video Game?

Favorite GameCube Video Game?

• Super Smash Bros. Melee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metroid Prime

• The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

• Mario Kart: Double-Dash

• Tales of Symphonia

• Pokémon Colosseum

• Soul Calibur II

• Other (Please specify via comment)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your absolute favorite, must-play and must-have video game?

Poll closes on Tuesday, August 30, 2005. (Edit - it doesn't end now ^^)

[Edit - The cube, nor this topic will be around for that long. Glad you're having fun playing with the options but i really think that's a bit pointless :p ]

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Windwaker gets my vote. It's the most beautiful game i have EVER played. Granted, Tales of Symphonia looks great too but it wont be released here for a few more months so i can't possibly say it's my favourite yet.

ToS rocks my socks off. Its the best game I've even played! Wheee.....plus, the graphics are gorgeous and the plot is ever better. Not to mention the battlemode is flawless! I can't gets enough of this game! *googley-eyes*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
How could you leave off Animal Crossing? Have you no shame?! :cry:

Just kidding, but I think you know my vote ;)
I love both SSB:M and Sonic Mega Collection a lot but nothing beats AC for me. I love it, love it, love it! So much genius went into the making of it, and even after you pay off your final loan there's tons left to do. Must complete bug and fish lists o.o

Besides... I haven't played ToS yet so I can't vote on it ^^;

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
You know, as an admin you could edit the post and put AC as an option there. :wink:

I'm undecided over AC. Mainly because i'm unsure how much i'll actually play it after i buy it. But, i do intend to buy it. Probably as a test to see if it like it or not. If i do, i'll get both the sequel and the DS version. I'm looking forward to the Sequel's graphics - considering that the original is simply an N64 game put onto the Gamecube it should be a nice update.

What i'm really hoping for in the DS Version is WiFi Online. The prospect of visiting other towns is fascinating to me, but something i obviously can't do on my Gamecube. So being able to link up to someone outside of this country who plays the game would be fantastical.

Double that if they ever get Pokemon to do that.

Baby Lugia said:
What is your absolute favorite, must-play and must-have video game?

Poll closes on Tuesday, August 30, 2005. (Edit - it doesn't end now ^^)

[Edit - The cube, nor this topic will be around for that long. Glad you're having fun playing with the options but i really think that's a bit pointless :p ]

Hang on what's with the two edits? Who edited my poll? :shock: WHat do you mean anyway?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I did. I didn't see any reason to have it set to close at any time since it's unlikely this topic will still be around for people to want to post in in a year's time.

It'd probably just bump the topic to the top of the list when it automatically closes and in a year's time that's not exactly desirable.

I voted for SSBM. I love playing with 3 of my buddies and all the different characters and trophy's. Although others are probably alot better, I personally don't know as I only played SSBM, Soul Calibur 2, and Colisseum for cube. :cry:

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Multiple choices for me. Here's what I think rock:

SSB:M
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Mega Collection (Yes, I'm a Sonic fan)
Wind Waker
Soul Calibur 2 (But only two players? Sucky)

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Animal Crossing is my absolute favourite. I'm actually mildly annoyed that it finally got released in Europe, because that means I might have to go and buy it again, and I bet my existing village isn't compatible with another region...

Wind Waker comes second, though. It just looks amazing, and there's so much depth to it with all the side quests, islands and Nintendo Gallery. I've easily put in over 100 hours, and I've only just started collecting the Triforce Shards. It's a game I play obsessively for a bit, put down again, and come back to. (Most games I just play and put down.)

Pokemon Colosseum was a bit disappointing for me, I have to admit. I didn't realise that the "RPG" part of the game would consist almost entirely of battles, with no talking to people or collecting objects (except that gear piece). I get bored with battle after battle after battle with no relief in puzzle-solving. And it annoyed the hell out of me that I could only play as a boy - and a boy who looked ridiculous! I mean, am I the only person old enough to remember Adam Ant? He might've looked cool in 1982, but not in 2004! :shock: The girl was cuuute (apart from her orange hair and clashing pink boots), but all she gets to do is follow around Useless Lad and occasionally point out Shadow Pokemon. Whoopie do. So Not Aimed At The Girl Gamer Market.

Nobody mentioned Pikmin? the game I basically bought a GameCube for? Loooove it, so pleased Pikmin 2 is finally out here (and trying to resist the urge to buy it - as although my bank account is currently looking quite healthy I don't know how much stuff my friend who's gone to Japan is bringing back for me, so I shouldn't buy anything non-essential until I know!).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
baratron said:
Pokemon Colosseum was a bit disappointing for me, I have to admit. I didn't realise that the "RPG" part of the game would consist almost entirely of battles, with no talking to people or collecting objects (except that gear piece). I get bored with battle after battle after battle with no relief in puzzle-solving. And it annoyed the hell out of me that I could only play as a boy - and a boy who looked ridiculous! I mean, am I the only person old enough to remember Adam Ant? He might've looked cool in 1982, but not in 2004! :shock: The girl was cuuute (apart from her orange hair and clashing pink boots), but all she gets to do is follow around Useless Lad and occasionally point out Shadow Pokemon. Whoopie do. So Not Aimed At The Girl Gamer Market.

It's all so true! ^.^

I'm still hopeful that Colosseum was just a test run for the new team, though. Hopefully if Genius Sonority have a go at a second one it will be more like the GBA-games and less battle oriented. I'm a battle-freak, but 20 hours of Scenario mode was enough to make me sick of them.
For the day ;)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Genius Sonority handle the 3D world of Pokemon now, i have been led to understand. I havn't heard of anything else that they've worked on so it's very possible that the credits for Diamond and Pearl could be:

Pokemon 2005
Nintendo 1995-2005
Gamefreak 1995-2005
Creatures 1995-2005
Genius Sonority 2003-2005

Wouldn't that be fun? ^^.

Pokemon Dash may well have them on board too.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I would just like to say that Genius Sonority is a very silly name for a company.

Apparently sonority is a real word, but I still can't make any sense out of the company name. Genius Sonority --> Genius resonance? --> We resonate with genius? OK, that sort of makes sense... if it's been badly translated from Japanese. If they are in an English-speaking country, they have no excuse whatsoever.

Mind you, I still haven't forgiven corporate abuse of the English language for the horror that is "to leverage".

My favorite game on the Cube right now is SSBM, but I am reasonably certain that Paper Mario will hold that title soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.