• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favorite Electric Type?

My most favourite Electric type is Emolga! All my friends know me as being obsessed with Emolga and I own 3 plush toys of Emolga and about 6 cards including a super rare and sparkly one!! I also love Dedenne; it's such a lil cutie! :3

I thinks its a tie between Ampharos and Lanturn because of their cute/tough look on their faces. Otherwise it would be Dedenne from the new region of Kalos gen 6 ~cuuute 1=w=1

My favourite? Tie between Ampharos, Eelektross, and Raichu. I used all three some point in time, and they all helped my through the game. Don't really have much else to say. But if I have to pick one, it'd be Raichu. I really like it's design, and plus, Lt.Surge's Raichu was so awesome in the anime! It beat Ash's Pikachu without even breaking a sweat!

My favourites are Raikou. Jolteon, Zekrom and Manectric. I used to like Luxray a lot until someone kinda ruined it for me, but I still like it though, hopefully it will grow on me again :)

probably zekrom. i dont like too many electric types but my zekrom i got from gts had pokerus and was in his 90s. he is now level 100 and i always use him when i have to train pokemon to complete the 'dex

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
Either between luxray, minun or plusle.
Minun and plusle are the ultamite double battling team ( and they match!) and luxray is amazing to use by itself.

1st Gen: Electabuzz
2nd Gen: Elekid
Third Gen: Electrode(explosion and revives allowed me to troll the elite four)
Fourth Gen: If you looked at my first and second you'd be able to figure this out.

Wow. This is actually one of those where I do not have just one favorite. Though at the top slot is Pikachu, mostly because I've had one in every game one way or another. Pikachu is more than just a Pokemon to me, he feels like a sibling. As long as I can remember, Pikachu has always been in my life and gives me hope and a smile when I need it most.
As far as useful electric types, Garvantula all the way. Got my bug and electric all in one.

my favorite electric type would be Electivire; otherwise; known as my Khezu he has great design awesome cry and well balanced stats + has a great variety of moves to learn in my case, he especially cooler in his shiny form plus he was the first ever shiny i ever hatched by IV/Masuda breeding; my khezu is a beast, 5IV's did i mention SHINY!!!! and is lvl 100

KHEZU ♥ ♥ ♥ all around!!!! XD

Jolteon is one of my favorite Electric-types since Gen-1. Jolteon might be cool and tough, but it has a sweet side in my opinion. My second favorite is Pachirisu, since I've always wanted a squirrel Pokémon, and I love it's shiny form! Pink is the way to go! Emolga is my third favorite, since it looked like a chocolate cheesecake flying-squirrel/sugar glider for it's shiny form! My fourth favorite is Ampharos, because it's pink and has a mega-evolution, also, it just so cute I want to hug it and squeeze it! My fifth favorite has to be Luxray! I mean, swept a whole team with my buddy, Luxray! And then there's Dedenne! So kawaii! So glad that Clemont caught one for Bonnie! Last but not least, Cosplay Pikachu because Contests are as easy as ever!

Hm. Difficult question there - there are many Electric types I like and much like any other type I find it impossible to choose one favorite. However, here are a few that are rather leading candidates for Exhibit A. In no particular order...

Electabuzz

Electabuzz is one of the species I've always really liked - My mind interpreted their sort of... strange headed feline-primate synthesis design as something awesome (so awesome that it eventually somewhat diverged even more from the source and became its own thing - one of my most personally significant species) and the sheer diversity of what they can do only made me appreciate them more. They're the only part of their evolutionary line I really like (I'm not a big fan of Elekid and I loathe Electivire with a passion), but as they're viable enough even without evolving, I can just continue to blissfully ignore the Tentacle-Rape-Robotnik-Evo. XD

Joltik and Galvantula

Three words. Electric Goddamn Spiders. What's NOT to love?

It also helps that both have utterly adorable designs (Of course, I find spiders adorable in general - but Joltiks and Galva are adorable even by non-spider standards!), a unique (for now) type combination with one of my favorite types and a very nice Special Attack stat (with the right sort of moves to take full advantage of it - especially when Thunder with Compoundeyes-augmented accuracy is involved).

But does one really need a reason beyond electric goddamn spiders? I don't think so.

Ampharos

I always found Ampharos' design to be rather interesting (especially following the adorable but basic Mareep and the bizarre pink-poodle-sheep Flaaffy) - smooth with an almost vaguely dinosaurian shape, It's been alluded to be some kind of awesome dragon-sheep since its inception (with a Japanese name that means either 'electric current' or 'electric dragon'). I was rather pleased to see it get Outrage as a tutor-able move in Gen 4 and even MORE pleased to see the thing finally dropping all pretenses and Super-Special-Awesome-Evolving into a Dragon-type with the most fabulous hair known to man or sheep. (Of course, right in time to walk into a herd of gogdamn fairies. Typical!)

Rotom

There's no way around it: Rotom is fricking adorable. The idea of a mischievous electric ghost possessing appliances was pretty clever (and is a nifty spin on the concept of aviation gremlins), the alternate formes are rather fun (some moreso than others - I have a bit of a personal bias towards Cut Rotom because... yeah, Grass-type. Plus, the thing amuses me greatly) and it has ALL the RP awesomeness potential (I need to write more of Siegfried somehow <<). Yeah. Rotoms are great. That is all.

Magnezone

I've never been a huge fan of Magnemite and Magneton always seemed like an incredibly lazy cop-out to me. Suddenly, enter Magnezone with its actually an evolution design and great usability and single-handedly saved the entire line for me, turning it from a forgettable side-electric into something I actually enjoyed using a fair bit.

Eelektross

I admit, I haven't trained one of these lovely things yet. The fact they take freaking forever to find and evolve (by which point I usually already have a great Electric-type) prevented me from trying the thing out myself. However, I love their design (fucked up alien lamprey things ftw), their type/ability combination which makes them a significant threat to most things that aren't Mold Breaker Haxorus with Earthquake and the sort of havoc they can wreak upon the unsuspecting. Now if only they weren't so obnoxious to get!

Honorable mentions go to Lanturn (for being adorable and a Deep Sea Anglerfish at the same time - only detracted by the fact there's nothing they can do that Lapras can't do better), Manectric (Great design, slightly less great usability), Raichu (for being the only one of its overpopulated-bullshit-cartoon-rodent type that is actually somewhat nifty looking), Raikou and Zekrom (both great designs but not on the list because they're Legendaries).

Also Stunfisk. It's fucking hilarious. Almost as gloriously derp as ALMIGHTY 'SPARCE but not quite.

Well.. I thought it wouldnt be that hard to choose up until I read your post and how you named how every electric type has its own beautiful features... so now Im stuck between Joltik and Rotom. because they are both Little dastards in my eyes and I Find a secondary ghost type very interesting considering how rare they are..

Galvantulaaaaa~~~~~
and Joltik. Do I have to explain myself?

Okay.

So, I always liked electric types, because I dunno. I just always liked them, and for a while I couldn't choose wich one is my favorite.

Until Gen V....

So, I was just running around in Chargestone cave when suddenly I found the most freaky looking Pokemon ever,

A spider.

I had such an arachnophobia I couldn't even look at one. But, I still caught the little Joltik, and now I love it. And it helped me get over my fear of spiders, so now I'm okay!! :)

Rocky The Bot

Formerly _Latios_
My turn me favorite is
596.png
GALVANTULA

Jolteon- Definitely my favorite by far. Great special sweeper and not bad of type coverage.
Galvantula- One of myfavorites for sure.
Ampharos- Always been my main electric type in Johto.
Raichu- Pikachu always gets more attention than this thing just because of the anime smh. It's one of the first Pokémon I got to Lvl 100 as well.
Electivire- Haven't had much experience with it but I still really like it.

Honorable mentions: Manectric/Luxray/Electross/Magnezone/Lanturn/Raikou

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
As a competitive player it stands to reason that my favourite Electric-type is also the best one I've ever used:

Raichu_zpsi9acnytv.png

Raichu made his debut on my VGC doubles team shortly after the release of OR/AS as a supporting Pokemon whose role was to disrupt the opponents as much as possible to protect my attackers. While that team ended up undergoing a pretty big overhaul after I used it to beat the Super Double Battle Maison, Raichu ended up sticking around and while he was intended to be a rather niche, situational pick to protect two Electric-weak Pokemon on the team with his Lightning Rod and disruption moves, he ended up being far more useful in practice to the point where his speed and disruptive moves completely overshadowed his initial, intended use as, well, a lightning rod. Long story short, Raichu proved essential in defeating the Super Double Battle Maison (CPU AI cannot handle Encore at all) and against many a hapless player online who had their strategies ruined by him paralyzing or Encore-locking something at a very inopportune time. In the space of a few months Raichu went from a Pokemon I liked somewhat but never really considered as anything worth using to a Pokemon that I can't imagine building a team without - he even joined in the Pikachu Cup tournament that took place recently and proved just as deadly in that as in any other match or tournament I've used him in.

Honourable mentions include Eelektross for my fun times at VGC13 with him, Manectric for consistently showing up to join my team whenever I'm playing through the main game, Stunfisk for being the true ruler of this world and Galvantula for being a spider.

DEDENNE :
tumblr_mvpfkzpbIN1r3o5heo1_500.gif

In case my signature to my replies aren't a huge give away as to what my favorite Electric Type is; it's Dedenne. While it is a Dual Type Pokemon, sharing it's other half with Fairy, it's cuteness is too much to handle. I was actually relieved to see that Dedenne played a big part in the X and Y Pokemon anime. If I had to be an Electric Type, it would more than likely be this one. It's very small, round, and naive. Which basically describes me perfectly.
CHINCHOU :
tumblr_m0dpw6I8pD1qd87hlo1_500.gif

Once again, not completely an Electric Type. It's actually even less of an Electric Type compared to Dedenne; seeing as it's not even half Electric. It's actually only part Electric, while the rest of its Type is Water. Though, I also had a soft spot for Water Types, seeing as they always had a very whimsical, gentle feeling to them. So combining the wisdom of Water Types with the energetic behavior of Electric Types really does add up in a very cute, appealing fashion.
FLAAFFY :
tumblr_mr2i1mcMmy1sa13zpo1_500.gif

Finally, a pure Electric Type. Flaaffy is one of my favorites because I can actually imagine having this Pokemon. Like, in a casual situation, I can imagine sitting on the couch with my Flaaffy, or maybe sheer its fluffy fur in order to make clothing. Perhaps I could even enter my Flaaffy into beauty contests, since I do thing that this Pokemon has a very pretty design. Design is a very important aspect of being a Pokemon that peaks my interest.

For me it has to be Pikachu for many reasons....
1)It was the first Pokemon I ever saw
2)The first electric type I found in the wild
3)I used Pikachu in the PWT and made it to the Champions Tournament (Was Pretty Hard)
4)Defeated a legendary noob with Pikachu in Pokemon X
5)Yellow was my first Pokemon game and guess what? Pikachu is the starter

elV00AqEtnoLaEAwQ8iieRQ538ApK6qu_s22nl8Ns5NDOBQQaSFp4zZttkRQ-7CQrMXcXyhNjKV0WsJ7g5hfGEyPuF091kJTkr3T_66ay5p8rJU4rDwxbR6pk9nOFJnvQX7D7G8mpY0s7E6Y-0wIsZUHQVY=w345-h426-nc

JOLTIK!!!! It's so cute! So fluffy! It was the first shiny I ever found in the wild, I was so happy! And I had a Galvantula in my team in White and White 2 ^^ I just instantly loved it (even though I'm actually scared of spiders).