• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Fave 4th-Gen Console

Fave 4th-Gen Console?

• Gamecube

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS2

• X-Box

• GBA/SP

• Dreamcast

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This is more or less to test out the Poll-option, but feel free to discuss your answers. It might be hard to pick a fave if you have more than one of the consoles (GBA included), but try your best anyways 8)

PS. - I've decided to include Dreamcast on the off chance that someone fell in love with it before its premature demise. Who knows? It could happen :wink:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I love how you included the Dreamcast in that. Few people actually realise that it was the first Next-Gen console.

Although, they're not really Next-Gen any more...

Technically they should be called 4th Gen, going by Nintendo's example. (Which is most plausible, considering they set it up). Which means, the next set will be the 5th Generation and the next Next-Gen... Confuddling innit?

The Cube got my vote.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Ah! You raise a good point, and it has been taken into account. *Jerks thumb at new topic title* :wink:

Anyways, I chose GBA/SP as my choice. Above all the others its given me the most joy, not to mention the biggest game library. There's still so many of 'em that I want to get, too. If only I had the cash :?

I went for the GBA/SP. Seeing as how I own more games for it than I've ever owned for another system (1 for GB, 5 for GBC, 9 for GC, 16 for GBA/SP). And of course, we all know that's where at least five great Pokémon RPGs are at... :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went for GBA/SP. I love its portability allowing me to play during long, boring car trips. Also like QuagsireQing said 5 of the pokemon RPGs are on it, you can't forget that! Additionally, as I don't have a job yet, its a nice plus that the games for the GBA are usually cheaper than the games for the other systems.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Old thread, but... my feeling is that the PS2 has more games, but it also has a lot more UTTERLY CRAP games! Maybe 10% of PS2 games interest me, if that. Whereas something like 2/3 of everything released for the GameCube has been a game I'd at least rent for a couple of nights.

Don't even get me started on the Xbox, that lovely console of first-person shooters and sports sims. Interesting Xbox games imo are DDR Ultramix, and bog all else.

hmm good thing she placed the dreamcast option as I loved that thing. Best RPG's ever Grandia II and Skies of Arcadia.

Also the sonic adventure games and a few other strange quirky games i liked.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Couldn't leave it off. It'd be cruel to Sega fans :wink:

But seriously... Grandia II? No offence, but I really didn't like playing through that game. The beginning was okay, but as I got further in it felt like a chore to play... I finished it, but it wasn't a very enjoyable experience.

lol Well i hope you played it on DC as the PS2 version was glitchy. The only part I saw that was a chore was after valmars something a rather lol near the end when I found the Granasaber was a space ship. I loved finding out that Granas and Valmar were really one in the same. I donno if i got the names right ebcause it's been so long since I've played but the battle system made Grandia II less of a chore.

But thats just me li loved the battle system so forgave it for any short comings.

One of these days I'm gonna make a list of the msot common typoes.

My vote goes for the PS2, simply because it's the console I've had the most enjoyment out of. I must have spent years on the Gran turismo series and a long time playing the two jade cocoon games. After that any games I want to play that don't land on the PS2 usually go to PC anyway, so I'm sweet either way.