• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Fantamus Region RP

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Discussion: https://pokecharms.com/threads/fantamus-region-discussion.19510/
@Mockingchu @kyuukestu @tokyomustard @Yusa @Vaporeonn @CrazyCoolKid @Nintenduck
-----------------------------

Zack woke up and started groaning as his alarm kept going off. "The hell. Why do I even have an alarm on right now?" he asked nobody with his eyes still closed. Then he remembered. Today was journey day. He fell off his bed and screamed downstairs,"MOM DO YOU HAVE MY STUFF READY?" Once he found out all his journey supplies were ready, he got dressed.

Once he ate breakfast and grabbed his backpack that his mom prepared him. Zack quickly said bye to his parents and left his house in order to reach the laboratory.

Gray laid his bike against a tree, and wiped the beads of sweat from his forehead.

"Should've taken the train," Gray groaned, clutching his sides. He was panting, out of control. The ride from Florania Towne had been rough. He'd had to traverse the rocky terrain around Florberry Cave, not wanting to ride his bike straight through. From there it was mostly flat, but it had still taken forever.

Gray had left his hometown of Zormy in hopes to snag a starter Pokemon from the Professor in Freshleaf. However, he didn't give himself enough time. He'd made the trip in two days by bike. He was beat. His knees felt like they'd break if he moved them.

But hey, here he was!

Off the coast of Freshleaf Town, Adam Hunter gazed at the small town with no emotion but a slight smirk. Having grown up in the city, he wasn't used to small towns like this one, but it didn't matter to him. As one the highest ranking members of Platinum Wing, a company owned by his uncle, he knew more about how the real world worked than any trainers starting there most likely did. While they would be looking to bond with their pokemon and make memories they can cherish, Adam was only focused on completing his journey as efficiently as possible. This region would have no idea what hit it.

Once the boat docked, Adam was one of the first to exit. The town around him seemed far too simple for him to stay for long. He quickly decided it would be best to leave for Omniberry Town as soon as possible, since he had no reason to visit the professor's laboratory, as he already had a pokemon, and plenty of pokeballs, which were given to him by his uncle, and he would get a head start on his journey.

As Adam neared the exit to the town, he noticed a boy, about his age, standing next to a bike, panting like a dog. He couldn't help but find it humorous that someone would choose to ride a bike to the town when he could have easily took a train there. "If you're not smart enough to take a train, I'm not sure how you expect to make it to the league," he mentioned, walking past, and, unable to contain himself started laughing to himself. Just as he thought, the region would have no idea what his it.

Selena was getting off the train, she was coming back from a long trip from her home in Freshleaf Town. “Man I bet I’m running late, I’m gonna hear it when I get there!” She shouted, she was puffing from under her jacket she started running through the fields of her hometown.

It was Selena’s birthday today and her parents promised her that she could get a Pokémon from the professor and she was so excited “oh I just can’t wait, I want to she what kind of Pokémon I’m going to get!” She thought to herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Love the support," Gray said between gasps for air, "Biking saves money too."

Gray had never had to worry too much about money while living with his parents, but he was 16. In two years, he would head off into the real world, on his own. No parents paying for meals and shelter. He may as well learn to love biking. Plus, riding bikes got you sick calves!

Gray took the bike lock off of his handlebars, and wrapped his bike to the tree. He began to wander the town, searching for the lab.

Kai got off the train, with Chimchar. He was ready to start his journey in Fantamus. Kai saw a girl who seemed excited. He went up to the girl and said, "Someone's excited, am I right or am I right?" Kai chuckled a little and said, "Hey, what's your name?" Kai wanted to have a few new friends in this region, since he did the same in Johto.

As the houses of Twinleaf Town Freshleaf Town came into view, Cinerise breathed a sigh of sheer relief and exhaustion. She'd taken a ferry from Castellia city in Unova to Starlite City, as it was one of the major cities in this region that allowed for international travel. From there she'd taken another ferry to Frostencool after which she used the pair of rollerblades her older sister had given her and skated through the Xeleon forest to Floraroma Town Florania Town and then taking another long treck to Freshleaf. The journey had easily taken her more than a week, but she'd been well prepared and had left out long before the appointed time. When she arrived she noticed at least two other trainers, possibly ones who, just like her, were here for their first pokemon. She noticed that one of them, just like her, had traveled the land route using his bike as opposed to her rollerblades. Although rollerblade were a bit slower than biking, it wasn't by too much, and they were much easier to store than a bike, so they had taken her preference. The biker boy locked his bike to a tree and then headed off, which was a shame because she'd wanted to talk to him. If he'd taken the same route as her then she wouldn't have much to gain, but if he'd traveled another route then she'd be able to learn more about the environment and pokemon he'd met along the way. She'd chosen to rollerblade to Twinleaf Freshleaf because it meant she'd already know what pokemon were available on the routes to come, as she would've passed through them on her way here. It gave her a slight edge over her competitors, but an edge nonetheless.

She waved towards the remaining boy who seemed to be quite entertained by...whatever had just happened before she arrived. Well, she didn't really care, and it wasn't her business anyways. Moving her feet steadily she glided across the road and into town. She'd head straight for the lab, but first, she needed to find out where it was.

Adam noticed a girl waving to him as she walked past, but didn't wave back, having never been a very friendly person. He would have joked about how she seemingly used rollerblades to get there, but as they say, a joke is never as funny the second time, so he simply began to continue on his way. However, before he took more than a few steps, he heard what sounded like some sort of pokemon moaning, and doubled back to see what in was, and was surprised to find a rattata behind a bush near the town's labratory with a deep cut on it's shoulder, presumably from a battle. The rattata looked up at him with trusting eyes, silently begging for help.

"Don't worry, I won't harm you," Adam told it reassuringly, and took a pokeball out of his pocket. Throwing the ball onto the ground, his magnemite emerged, awatiing his orders. "Magnemite, use Thunder Shock," Adam instructed, not feeling any guilt at all.

Without hesitation, magnemite attacked the defenseless creature, and right before it fell into unconsciousness, a look of pure betrayal flashed on the rattata's face. Returning magnemite to it's pokeball, Adam began walking back to the exit. "What a stupid pokemon," he said to himself. "I can't believe it thought I was going to help it. Such a weak pokemon could never be useful."

One often had a sort of sixth sense when they felt as if someone was watching them. Perhaps the trainers who frisked around Freshleaf town felt that sensation, but dismissed it; since they were sure to miss the brunette girl who lurked in a high tree on the outskirts of the town, her maroon eyes narrowed as she gazed at all the goings-on. On her shoulder rose up a Snivy, whose brown gaze stared worriedly at its friend.

"Shh, Serpentine," whispered the girl, reaching a hand out to her Snivy. The last thing she wanted was to be caught staring at trainers in a tree- it wasn't considered the most normal thing, as far as she was aware. There was certainly an array of individuals here, even more so than that of Po Town, which characteristically was full of misfits and oddballs. A boy who had an air of arrogance was snickering to himself, and a girl passed him who had waved at him, yet didn't seem to have recieved a response. There was another boy who looked like he had just got out of bed and yet another who was panting like no other, though had seemed to cool off rather quickly. The only thing the brunette was regretful of was the fact that, from her vantage point, she couldn't hear any of their conversations.

"Look at all this, Serpentine," she continued, still in a low tone. "And to think... Boss trusted us to go here, on our first mission! Think of all the stuff we can nab!" The Snivy returned the brunette's philosophy with a quizzical glance. The tree-girl rolled her eyes.

"I know what you're sayin', pal." Whispering a higher tone, she said, "'Touko, ya have to do everything right! Boss trusted ya!' We'll be fine, Serpentine. Trust me."

Touko continued to gaze at the happenings for the moment, forsightedly deciding to stay in her hiding place until at lease she wouldn't be seen exiting said tree.

Selena turned around and looked at the boy talking to her “huh? Oh, sorry I didn’t know you were there, nice to meet you my name is Selena what’s yours?” She said a bit startled by the sudden person in front of her.

In the back of her head she was thinking “I wonder what Pokémon he has or is he going to the same place as me? I’m so confused” she than asked the boy “do you have a Pokémon with you right now?”

todoroki

Previously gamora
Coco stepped off the train into Freshleaf Town with an air of excitement. Something about the name had rung a bell with her as a place to start her journey. Romarin fluttered alongside her. She looked at the town, and was a little disappointed. The name "Freshleaf" made her hope it'd be exciting, but really, it was a fairly lax town. However, there was a laboratory here- that could be interesting to visit. She looked around and saw lots of young trainers around her age. Turns out a bunch of people seemed to share the idea of a fresh start. She let Lavande out of his Luxury Ball, and let him walk alongside her, with him staring with his eyes blank as ever, but his smile wide and excited. She dragged her suitcase along a path, passing along many of the trainers. She inhaled a breath of fresh air and for a moment felt free, and happy. She just stood in the middle of town, suitcase in her left hand, Espurr by her right side, and Spritzee hovering next to her.

(OOC: Already have permission from the RP creator in spite of, well... yeah.)

BIC:

Once Zala arrived in the town of Freshleaf after exiting out of the train, the first thing that went past the Minun was the mellow ambiance the area had for the young Pokémon. The Minun stayed as silent as an electric mouse Pokémon on a respectful church night, while noticing that his trainer was not the only one in town. He took a noiseless, lengthy breath in an attempt to ignore the slight, stinging pain stemming from his head and chest. He kept his paws clentched, while his tail perked up a split second after catching the sight of a nearby laboratory.

Even if he could become translucent if he wanted to at this time of day, it already occurred to the baby Pokémon that the bandages would render him easily visible. A sigh followed soon after, as a quick gaze was directed down at his infirm physique. His body was still as soft and delicate as a cloud nine pillow upon closer inspection.

Oddly enough, there was no struggle from the electric mouse Pokémon when it came to his trainer cradling him in her arms. He turned away towards his trainer when he noticed her strolling towards the laboratory. The young Pokémon could only hope that his infantile and frail features would not draw up too much attention.

As always, Sam hung around the dock whenever a ship came by, dropping off people from various different regions. The abundance of diversity in Freshleaf that would arrive was exciting, and Sam appreciated the new air whenever it came. Cinder, her Magby, was obediently standing next to her, scanning the Pokemon that followed their trainers. He puffed his chest up, as if to say 'this is my territory' in hopes of intimidating whatever Pokemon looked their way. "You'll explode," Sam teased her Pokemon, nudging Cinder with her foot, causing the Magby to breathe out a harmless little ball of fire. Cinder nudged her leg back, only with his head. Sam laughed at how silly he was.

"Sam, Sam!" She heard a familiar, high pitched voice that belonged to her little brother. Sam already knew what was up. She looked at Troy, her brother, with a raised eyebrow and a smirk, trying to pass the message that yes, she knew what Troy was going to ask and no, the answer didn't change. Troy, though, didn't seem to get the hint. "Can we please, please, please go see the new trainer at the lab?" He was impatient, jogging in place, and hopeful grin on his face. Sam chuckled, pinching the tip of her nose.

"Troy, I don't think we're allowed to do that," Sam tried reasoning with him. Her brother was persistent, though, and grabbed her arm trying to pull her in that direction.
"Come on... We'll hide. Please, I want to see them," Troy said, obviously not giving up. Sam could've continued the stubborn competition, but decided that she was too tired for it. What was the worst that could happen, anyway? They'd get a warning? It was worth it if Troy was happy. And left her alone afterwards.
"Fine," Sam said drily, but she broke into a slight smile anyway. Her brother's ecstatic running towards the Lab followed, with her walking slowly behind, to spite him. Troy would turn around every few seconds to tell her to hurry up. Sam didn't.

As the duo (trio, if you count Cinder) neared the laboratory, Sam heard some sort of commotion near. Hopefully nothing too serious, as it only sounded as a Pokemon battle, but she still deemed it interesting enough to check out. "Wait here, Troy," Sam told her brother, and motioned for Cinder to follow her.

It was in a bush near the Lab that she saw a wounded Rattata, fresh cut on it's shoulder, and it seemed like it was worn out. She didn't see it's trainer around, as they would've probably taken care of it, so Sam guessed it was wild. And if a battle occured, then whoever hurt the Rattata did it for... Fun? Sam tried to take the Rattata, but it flinched on contact. It didn't trust her. Fair enough. "Here's something," Sam said, taking a Potion out of her backpack. She kept a few in case Cinder did something idiotic and hurt himself. "Take it if you want."

Sam stood up, looking around, trying to find the culprit. In all honesty, she didn't really care about what happened, since the Rattata was probably going to be alright, but she felt quite irritable that day and was seeking out to bicker with someone. Sam only saw one boy, walking nonchalantly, a bit farther from her, and she had to second guess before shouting an angry, "Hey! Did you do this?!". Didn't seem so smart after she did so, but she kept a firm stance on the ground nonetheless.

Last edited:
"Oh. Nice to meet you Selena. Name's Kai" Kai said. He laughed a little bit seeing how Selena was startled. Kai heard Selena ask him about if he had a Pokemon."Yeah. I have a Pokemon," Kai said, as he sent out his Chimchar. "I'm going to the lab to get some pokeballs and a pokedex." Kai walked a little faster to get next to her so it would be a better conversation. "Do you, have a pokemon?" asked Kai.

The Minun winced from a girl shouting nearby, as he covered his eyes with his paws. Zala noticed the baby Pokémon trembling in her arms, as she gently rocked him back and forth in a soft motion in an attempt to pacify his unease. She noticed a boy walking along a girl, while taking the quick sight of a monkey-like Pokémon being sent from its red and white capsule. The Minun gave no heed towards the other trainers, as he gave a faint groan towards the other girl taking a strong stand after screaming earlier.

His cheeks emitted a series of noticeably loud sparks, as his trainer quietly enquired, “Are you alright Minun? It sounds like something’s bothering you.”

The crackling came to a sudden halt, as the baby Pokémon attempted to shake his head as quickly as he could.

“Come on, it’s not good to lie. I think that something’s going on that you’re hiding from me,” Zala replied while keeping the squirming Minun as still as she could in her arms.

The young Pokémon gave a feeble moan towards his trainer before noticing her swiftly making her way towards the laboratory.

As Adam casually walked toward the exit of the small town, he stopped once again when he heard someone shouting from behind him. He turned around to see that a girl, about his age, was standing next to the rattata he just defeated. She seemed to be upset about it, but it didn't matter to him. He decided to just tell the truth, not caring about the consequences. "I didn't make the cut, I just found it there, wounded. I did have my pokemon knock it out, though. It's free experience for it, after all. It'll be fine, though. Look, it's already getting away."

Sam pointed to the rattata behind Sam, Which had gotten up, and began limping away. It was only then, though, that he noticed the used potion next to it. "You really gave it a potion?" he asked. "Why would you do that? The only thing weak pokemon are good for is being defeated by the strong. If it doesn't know that, it deserved to get knocked out. Maybe now it'll finally learn the rules of nature." Having made his point, Adam turned back around, and began toward the exit of Freshleaf for the third time.

As he was doing this, the rattata managed to return to the forest, and hide from other pokemon in a bush. It knew it had to stay there and heal before it could go anywhere, but it knew exactly where it would go. Someone had to punish the heartless trainer that attacked it, and if it wasn't going to do it, it didn't know who would. It's cut still stung quite painfully, but it didn't bother the rattata, as it knew it would become a scar that the heartless trainer would remember it by.

The Minun slowly moved his paws away from his eyes after hearing all the cold-hearted words a boy remarked before noticing the trainer making their way towards the town’s exit. His paws quivered, while a light growl came from the baby Pokémon. He tapped his trainer’s right arm and pointed towards the ground, as his trainer gently placed him down a split second later.

The young Pokémon stomped towards the boy, as his paws radiated a bright, yellow light. A short, shallow breath followed for a brief moment, before he wildly swung his paws at the boy!

Suddenly, a barrage of swift, uncontrollable jolts of electricity were sent charging at the boy at lightning speed!

Hearing something behind him once again, annoyed, Adam turned around to see a barrage of electricity charging towards him. Unable to get out of the way, he was hit directly, and fell to the ground. He had never been struck before, much less by a pokemon's attack. It filled him with rage to think that a weak pokemon like that one thought it could intentionally attack him for no apparent reason. "You worthless piece of trash," he muttered, standing back up. "I won't let you get away with that unharmed."

Reaching into his, pocket, Adam once again took out the pokeball encasing magnemite, and threw it to the ground, summoning his pokemon before him. Magnemite looked at the minun, assuming it was in a battle. "Magnemite, use thunder wave. I don't want to let it escape." Obeying it's trainer, magnemite sent a wave of electricity towards the minun, wondering why it was covered in bandages.

The Minun attempted to stride away, though it was likely that he did not take the speed of the incoming attack into account. He felt a large wave of electricity striking against his body, though the move appeared to have no apparent effect on the baby Pokémon. He gave a sigh of relief when his body was filled with an unexpected surge of energy several seconds later.

He took a lengthy breath and raised his left paw, as several white orbs appeared above the Minun. The orbs emitted a bright light, before rushing in towards the boy and Magnemite!

“Eek! Minun, what are you doing?” Zala cried at the young Pokémon.

“Please, stop this right now!” She asserted while fumbling through her shoulder bag.

Last edited:
Selena was Silent at first and than “yeah I have a Pokémon” she thought she heard a battle going on, but she thought it was her imagination. She giggled and sent out her Elekid, who was surprised to be out his pokeball somewhere other than his home town.

“Elekid say hi to chimchar” Elekid walked to up to Chimchar and raised a hand “I’m also going to the Lab for pokeballs and Pokédex, want to walk together there?”

Adam and magnemite were only just able to jump out of the way before the orbs were able to hit them. "I forgot you can't paralyze electric type pokemon," Adam murmured, cursing himself under his breath. Getting up, he realized he wouldn't be able to defeat the minun easily, as his magnemite didn't have any moves that would do a significant amount of damage.

However, thinking more into it, he recognized that, though the minun seemed to have a trainer, he wasn't exactly in an actual battle, as the pokemon was acting on it's own accord, so he didn't exactly have to follow the rules, and if he did anything rash, he could say it was self-defence. Once again, uninterested in the consequences of his actions, he ran toward magnemite, picked it up, and threw it toward the minun as hard as he was able to.

The Minun noticed the boy picking up the magnet Pokémon and hurling it towards him! His tail quaked for a brief moment, while the baby Pokémon took a deep breath. Within a split second before the Magnemite could hit him, he immediately backflipped away as quickly as he could!

He flailed his arms wildly, causing his paws to emit a brighter and darker shade of bluish light. He pointed his paws at the Magnemite and its trainer, as a salvo of admiral blue bolts were discharged at them!

With utmost fascination, Touko looked upon the ensuing battle, absent-mindedly petting Serpentine to keep the Snivy calm. Serpentine was jumpy, meaning that it needed its friend and Trainer near it at most times so it didn't freak out. Half the trainers in Freshleaf Town had not yet recieved their first Pokémon, yet a battle was already taking place? Touko know that the Fantamus region was a new and exciting place, but this was simply awe-inspiring. Back home in Alola, the majority were polite and refrained from battling unless necessary- that was what Touko had observed from the normal lives of Trainers, while she was out on one of her late night steal-and-spy expeditions. Though this kind of behavioral display was commonplace in Po Town, it still shocked the brunette to a certain extent.

Still stunned from being thrown, magnemite, was hit directly by the minun's attack, and launched toward Adam, who, once again, was able to dodge. Why is this minun so powerful? he thought to himself. It's as if some immature, outside force simply wants it to beat me, and it isn't open-minded enough to accept that this baby pokemon could be hit by something thrown at it, instead of dodging in a way that make it seem overpowered. No, that could never happen.

Getting up, it was clear to him that this wasn't a normal minun, and, considering how his magnemite was almost knocked-out, there was only one way he could defeat it, which was to use the move from the tm he gave to magnemite before they arrived at the region. "If I'm losing this battle, I'm taking you down with me! he shouted, unable to contain his anger. "Magnemite, use the tm!" Though it was almost defeated, magnemite managed to levitate to the minun, and, without warning, suddenly exploded, taking itself out in the process, hoping the minun didn't read it's mind or teleport away.

The Minun was sent flying towards his trainer, as he felt an enormous force of energy from the sudden explosion! A loud squeal came from the baby Pokémon before he crashed in a small bush!

“Ahh! It’s a bomb! Everyone, run!” Zala cried while cowering behind a bench and shielding her face with her arms.

She sprinted towards the Minun after finding him in a bush a few seconds later. She carefully picked him up and quickly stated, “Okay... okay, look. I really need to get you treated right now. You’re really looking like the Beartic in that horror movie.”

The baby Pokémon kept his eyes closed while attempting to breathe as normally as he could. The first thing that came to mind was a sharp, ear-piercing, ringing sound that echoed throughout his ears. He felt his heart racing through his body, while the spinning world around him started to become nil by the second.

His ears and tail began to droop, as he tried to kick his trainer as hard as he could when he heard her taking out what was likely to be a bottle of some sort.

“Minun, stop please. I know this is probably going to hurt a little, but you really need this right now,” Zala calmly asserted while trying to hold the squirming Minun in place.

“Come on... you really need to stop kicking me like that! It’s gonna make me laugh too much if you don’t!” Zala thought while aiming the nozzle at the pale black mark on his stomach.

Last edited:
While Adam enjoyed seeing the minun hurt, it still angered him that he had to resort to such measures, for his magnemite to defeat a baby pokemon. It looked pathetic, lying there, unconscious. Adam returned it to his pokeball, though he was disappointed. The thought that he would soon chatch stronger pokemon to replace it will lifted his spirits, though.

As Adam was unaware of the layout of the town, he knew he had to ask the girl with the minun for directions. She may have not been ordering the minun to attack him, but it still made him bitter to have to ask her for directions."How about we call this a tie," he said to the girl, though, he was a bit flustered about how the minun was still conscious. "Is there a pokemon center anywhere in this town? I'm new here."

“I’m not sure if it’s really a tie since I wasn’t exactly seeing and able to like well... yeah. Also, he’s still up, but just barely,” Zala replied while noticing the Minun suddenly dozing off in her arms.

“Also, I’m not too sure if there is one over here. I’ve been trying to find one also since I have to go to one of those places to get a prescription for well, the little guy I’m holding right here. It’s not as simple as just taking a ball in, and that part’s kinda a long story as to why,” Zala added before taking a brief sight of the Minun’s ears and tail slowly straightening back to normal levels.

The baby Pokémon felt his body gradually regaining lost energy while the pain softened over the course of several minutes. He quietly snored on his trainer’s arms while hoping that his trainer would not take him to the place that he thought she would likely escort him to soon.

Sam watched as the fight between the rude boy and a small Pokemon took place. She speed walked towards him with a different intention, but the battle gave her time to calm down and realise how badly thought out her actions were. Wild Pokemon shouldn't rely on anything that they won't find in nature, like Potions. The boy had a point. Sam hated it. She had a nice time watching him lose his mind over the Minun that attacked him.

After the battle, Sam walked over to the boy, who was now conversing with the Minun's trainer. Almost smugly, she took out two Potions out of her bag, hoping she didn't startle the two trainers (well, not the girl, at least) in the process. "Need some?" Sam asked. She glanced at the fainted Magnemite, and looked up to the boy. "Don't know how much it'll help you, though."

Sam should've probably controlled herself, as Cinder smacked her leg. Though the Magby didn't pack a punch, it still stung enough for Sam to reconsider her actions, at least this time. "Yeah, sorry, you're right," she whispered, then turned to correct herself. "I meant, I hope it'll be of some use to you."

Adam looked at the potions, insulted. As far as he was concerned, no one should be able to help him, except for himself. If he accepted a potion, he would be putting himself in debt to this girl, and that went against everything he believed in. He was loyal to Platinum Wing, and nothing else, so to accept the potion was the same as saying he needed her help.

"I don't need your charity!" he spat, declining her offer. "Unless you know if there's a pokemon center around here, I don't need your help." Adam considered walking away, but he had to consider the chance that this girl might live in Freshleaf, and if she was friendly enough to share potions, he wouldn't be surprised if she was fine with giving directions.

"Relax," Sam said. She came to a conclusion that a truce would be best. As much as she disliked the boy up to this point, his outburst not helping, making friends is better than making enemies. And Sam didn't exactly want to be on the boy's bad side either. "I was trying to make up for my behavior. Anyway..." She trailed off. "The Professor has some healing machines in his Lab, so I suggest we go there."

"My name's Sam, by the way," she said, hoping to get the names of the other two. She put her backpack back on her shoulders, and started walking towards their destination.

Though he wasn't exactly fond of the other trainers, Adam new he'd never make it very far if his only pokemon was unconscious, so he made the decision to follow the girl, who introduced herself as Sam, to the lab. When she introduced herself, it became clear to Adam that she was attempting to make friends with them, or at least get on their good side, but Adam wasn't going to accept a friend that easily.

"It doesn't matter what my name is," he told her, wanting to make his point very clear. "As soon as magnemite's healed, I'm leaving for Omniberry, and I don't plan on traveling with anyone."

“Well, I have my own, so I don’t need them right now, but thanks,” Zala said to the girl offering her a potion earlier.

“I’m Zala, and well... the Pokémon I’m holding is Yuto, a cute little Minun. He’s kinda had quite a bit of history ever since something happened a few weeks ago. I can’t just put him in a ball like everyone else does, and that’s kinda a long story as to why I can’t unfortunately,” Zala added after the girl’s introduction, while making a mental note of her name for future reference.

The Minun continued to nap in his trainer’s arms, as his trainer decided to stroll along with Sam after noticing the boy’s stern stand for independence.

"Okay, mister hard-to-get," Sam scoffed, realising it was impossible for this guy to speak in any kind of friendly or neutral manner. At least the girl was nice. "And nice to meet you, Zala. Hopefully we make better acquaintances." The part about the Minun not being able to get into the ball intrigued her, but she decided not to bother Zala with questions right now.

Cinder seemed sad that Sam's intentions weren't reciprocated, but he wouldn't even want a person like that near his trainer. He puffed up his chest, the same way he did near the dock. "You'll explode," Sam managed to say through a grin, nudging him with his foot, causing the same scenario to play over again. Cinder hiccuped a small ball of fire, exploding in his face. The Magby proceeded to push Sam's legs, almost tripping her a few times since they were walking. Sam laughed.

The Lab came to view, and so did Troy. "Oh, bother," Sam sighed. Troy seemed busy talking with someone, though, so he wasn't going to annoy her just yet. Sam turned around to Zala and prick-boy, announcing their arrival. "You can heal up in there, I think. If you ask, I'm sure the Professor will allow it."

Adam saw the professors lab before Sam announced it, but wasn't sure it was it, as he had never seen a lab before, having been born and raised in Castelia City of Unova. Without saying goodbye, or even acknowledging the existence of the two other trainers, he let himself in, hoping there was someone there who could tell him where the healing machines were.

“I’m not sure if they’ll let me since Yuto can’t just get in a ball, and it isn’t because he doesn’t like it if you’re going to say that,” Zala responded while the Minun woke up after having a brief rest.

“Are you feeling alright? You kinda fell a bit out cold on me there,” Zala enquired towards the Minun.

The baby Pokémon gave a dubious nod before noticing his trainer stowing away the super potion in her bag. She heard a sigh of relief from the young Pokémon, as she said to Sam, “Even then, he kinda likes to sleep a bit too much since even the purple bottles tend to make him cry a lot.”

“I can’t exactly get started with the Pokémon Center after what happened last time. I think they needed five nurses and a pretty strong Pokémon to hold him down just for a little shot,” Zala added while the Minun turned away from Sam and faintly whimpered towards his trainer after picking up on the two most fearful words he could not last a minute in.

"Charming," Sam said, glaring at prick-boy. Zala started talking about the issue with her Minun, and Sam listened. "Maybe the Professor has some sort of way of helping you?" She suggested. "After all, he isn't the Professor for nothing."

Sam saw that her brother took notice of her, so she quickly added, "I can check with you, if you want. I just have to finish something up quickly," before she made her way towards her brother. Troy jumped up when he saw Sam, asking her where she was and what took her so long. "It was nothing special," she told him.

"Are they here to get a Pokemon?" Troy asked, thinking about the two people he saw Sam with.
"No, they're not," Sam said. "And it's lunchtime soon. You better go home before you get me in trouble."

She ruffled his hair, and though Troy didn't want to go so soon, he obediently followed his sister's orders, and they told their goodbyes. Sam jogged back to Zala, apologizing if she took too long. "So, what's your plan?"

When she was fairly certain no one was watching, Touko sneaked out from her hiding place, her maroon eyes fully examining her surroundings. Freshleaf town was very, very pretty, there was no denying that; though the brunette would likely never admit such a thing. She crept after the trainers, an aura of mischief surrounding her- and, with Serpentine on her soulder, she peered through the window of the lab. Her eyes, often absent of glow, widened in bright awe at the Pokémon inside, and murmured "Wow, Serpentine... Boss'll be happy with this! Maybe we could get'cha a friend?"

“I’m not exactly too sure what to do here since I’ve been finding a way to figure out why this ball won’t allow Yuto to go inside it,” Zala replied while gently stroking the Minun’s body, taking care to avoid the bandaged areas.

“He doesn’t speak at all, and I’m wondering how he’s able to battle like that even though he doesn’t exactly listen,” Zala added after the Minun noticed a frog-like Pokémon sneaking out of a window of a laboratory.

todoroki

Previously gamora
Coco examined her surroundings- she had wanted to get involved in the fight, but ended up getting over there too late. Not wanting to get involved with the trainer with the Magnemite, she looked around for the lab. She saw a girl looking through the window, muttering something to her Snivy, but she only caught the tail end of it. She didn't make the connection that the girl was most likely trying to steal the Pokémon. She approached the girl calmly and cautiously- she seemed to know at least some things about this town, and hopefully that meant she knew more on the region, however, she didn't want to get too involved with a complete stranger, so she kept a distance of a few feet between them.

"Pardon, this is the Freshleaf Laboratory, no? Do you know if they offer tours?" She spoke with a soft voice, with a slight twinge of her Kalosian accent shining through. She wanted to explore the region, after all, she didn't really have any plans if she wanted to challenge the league or not. She figured she should introduce herself. "My name is Coco, this is Romarin, and Lavande." Romarin let out a little tweet while Lavande remained silent. "I'm trying to visit different places in this region, eh, sightseeing, you know."

"Fair enough," Sam told Zala. She thought that, if Zala managed by now, she'd be fine. Sam felt Cinder poke her leg (which was, by the way, bruised by the amount of times her Magby either poked or head-butted her), trying to get her attention. Once he got what he wanted, Cinder tried dragging her into the Lab. "Cinder, what could you possibly want now?"

The Magby didn't bother explaining, as he couldn't talk, and ran inside the Lab. "Cinder-" Sam ran behind Cinder, hoping to catch him before he causes any trouble. Thankfully, she grabbed the Magby quickly. When Sam noticed the boy from before, she turned her head away immediately, and her eyes landed on the window. Although faintly, she saw someone stare through it. "We're getting out," Sam said, and walked out of the lab.