• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Fantamus Region RP

Finally finding the healing machines, Adam placed magnemite's pokeball into it, watching magnemite's picture on the screen before hearing a ding signalling that his pokemon was fully healed. Placing the ball back into his pocket, he turned around, heading for the door, noticing that Sam was walking out as well. A friendlier person might have asked why she was so eager to leave, but as always, Adam couldn't care less about anyone else. Without speaking a single word, he followed Sam out the door.

"I've wasted far too much time in this boring town," Adam muttered, swiftly walking past Sam, without even a glance in her general direction. After being halted from leaving more times than he would have ever expected, Adam was determined to leave the town that seemed to want him to stay longer than he could forgive himself for. He was a man of efficiency, and he was not ready to give up that title. He decided then and there that he would either catch, or defeat every pokemon that crossed his path on his way to Omniberry Town.

Sam wasn't a spiteful person. She really wasn't. So it was very out of character for her to follow behind the boy who previously annoyed her. How petty was it that Sam followed him just to see the level of annoyance it would cause? In reality, it wasn't as simple as that. Sam was interested in the boy, as much as she wouldn't admit it. Well, all of the new arrivals interested her. She liked hearing about different people and their experiences. But Sam didn't have to chase any of them, and the fact that prick-boy didn't seem interested in Sam at all frustrated her.

Of course, Sam was still unaware of it all, and to her conscious self, she was trying to annoy the boy to get back for being rude. Cinder struggled to get out of Sam's arms, his plan not working, as Sam didn't even bat an eye at the suspicious girl near the Lab window. "Calm down," Sam shushed. Since it was lunchtime already, she decided to let her mom know that she won't be getting home soon.

busy, won't be home soon, Sam typed the message into her flip phone (it's less complex than Pokegear), and sent it. That's taken care of, she thought. Sam knew that she'd be getting out of town, which she did often, but she felt nervous for some reason. What could she possibly use as an excuse?

The frog-like Pokémon silently hopped behind the girl that walked out of the lab, hoping he could blend in with the trainer. Most of his face and body appeared to be concealed with a liberal layering of white, delicate bubbles. He could only hope that no one would spot him attempting to escape from the laboratory.

The Minun watched the bubble frog Pokémon noiselessly moving along the girl, while discreetly placing his left paw in his mouth. His trainer gave a light giggle, while noticing her gently stroking his body soon after. His body quivered after a quick sight of the healing machine, as he turned towards the girl and gave a feeble whimper towards her.

After a quick stop to get direction from one of the locals, Cinerise finally managed to make her way to the lab. A few trainers could be seen scattered around its outskirts and she briefly wondered if they'd just gotten their first pokemon, or if they'd brought those pokemon with them. Either way, it wouldn't change what she was about to do. At this point, having removed her roller blades and stashed them in her bag, Cinerise walked into the lab with the hopes of acquiring a pokemon. She wasn't exactly sure what they'd have, but she wouldn't be too picky with her choices.

Having always been one to not care about his surroundings, Adam didn't notice Sam following him as he continued toward the exit to the town, and it would most likely be quite a while before he did. As Adam neared the exit from Freshleaf he thought, Finally, I can leave without any interruptions. I doubt I'll ever see this sorry town again. As he walked out of the town, he reached into his pocket, and brought out magnemite's pokeball, summoning his only pokemon from it, expecting it to follow.

"If you see any wild pokemon, I want you to attack them," Adam instructed his magnemite, as it levitated beside him. Floating slightly above Adam's head, magnemite began scanning the area for any pokemon, and of course, it wasn't long before it spotted Sam with her magby. Unaware of what to do if it saw a trainer's pokemon, magnemite nudged Adam trying to get his attention. "I don't care about sight-seeing!" Adam snapped at it, assuming it just saw something it found interesting.

Meanwhile, In the forest near Freshleaf, the rattata Adam attacked earlier managed to stand up, and walk steadily back into town, just in time to see the boy who attacked it leaving, with the nice girl who gave the rattata a potion trailing behind him. Keeping to the forest, the rattata began to follow the two of them, only peaking out from the foliage every so often to make sure it wasn't too close or too far behind.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Zack had received a Charmander from the professor as well as Pokeballs and a Pokedex and began heading towards the first route. He saw some other trainers but decided to ignore them for now and make his way towards Omniberry. He noticed a Rattata but decided to ignore it to because he wanted more challenging Pokemon to fight. He saw someone yell at their Pokemon and felt bad for the poor Magnemite, but decided to let someone else deal with him. He started walking and saw a pond, smiling at the peacefulness.

The Minun eavesdropped on the ruthless, commanding words the boy sternly stated to the Magnemite after managing to carefully slip through his trainer’s arms without detection. After recalling the moment the boy’s Pokémon almost caused him to become unconscious, the baby Pokémon crept towards the trainer. The young Pokémon’s cheeks silently sparked, while his tail glimmered with a pale, yellowish light.

“M- Minun! What are you doing? You shouldn’t be wandering off like that!” Zala cried after noticing a certain mouse Pokémon no longer in her arms a brief moment later. It was apparent to the frog Pokémon that his presence was likely not noticed by anyone yet.

No sort of sound came from the baby Pokémon, as he took a swift, noiseless breath. A quick backflip towards his trainer was performed, before the young Pokémon swung his tail at lightning speed!

Suddenly, a bright yellow orb was launched towards the boy! Once the sphere landed near the boy’s location, the ball expanded into a circular net. The globe would trap all inside the electrical mesh; along with electrocuting those that dared to lay a finger on it.

Adam stopped in his tracks as the electric mesh formed around him, barely almost walking right into it. Magnemite however, wasn't as lucky, hitting the wall of the sphere, and being launched to the other side, unconscious. Backing away from the wall, Adam turned to see the hideous, demonic face of the terrible minun that was responsible for everything wrong in his life. To frustrated to speak, Adam returned magnemite to it's pokeball, and walked to Zala, who he heard introduce herself earlier.

"Get rid of this force field thing," Adam advised, his voice surprisingly calm for how angry he was. "I don't care how you do it, or what it takes. I want this down as soon as possible. You may be just going out to see the world, or whatever crap you do to pass the time, but I have a real reason for going on this journey, and I intend to complete it as quickly and efficiently as possible, so if you can't get rid of this barrier soon," Adam took a knife out of the pocket he didn't keep his pokeballs in, "I'm going to turn that little piece of garbage into a hat." Putting the knife away, and backing away, he muttered, intentionally loud enough for Zala to be able to hear, "At least then it would be useful for something."

Outside the mesh, in the forest near it, the rattata stared into the mesh, almost as frustrated as Adam was. The rattata planned on getting it's revenge itself, not letting some strangely overpowed baby pokemon do it for it. If the minun did defeat Adam itself, that would just prove his point by making it seem as if the rattata needed to rely on this stronger pokemon to get anything done. Though it detested Adam for what he did, the rattata hoped dearly that he would be able to escape, so it could prove to him that it was as useless as he was friendly.

The Minun took an unusually loud and lengthy breath after noticing the boy drawing some sort of pointy weapon. He paused for a brief moment after placing his left paw on his chest. A small area on his chest radiated a pale, black light, which made its way around his body until it covered him from head to toe. He sprinted towards the shadows of the nearby trees, as the light faded away about a minute later.

“Hey? Where did he go? Did he just like disappear all of a sudden? I seriously need to stop skipping through that rad report,” Zala thought while searching for the baby Pokémon after tracking the sound of its nimble movements.

After noticing the electric web harmlessly disappearing into thin air a brief moment later, the young Pokémon decided to shield himself behind a tree. He could only hope that his translucence would allow him to pass a quick game of trainer and mouse without winning a first class ticket to the dreadful place he knew too well.

Adam couldn't help but feel pleased that the minun ran away from Zala. Good riddance, he thought to himself, enjoying the idea that there was a chance Zala would never find the strange minun. Before Adam could continue toward Omniberry Town, he remembered that magnemite was still fainted. I didn't want to use this yet, but there's no way I'm going back to Freshleaf, he decided, taking a max revive out of his pocket, and releasing the now unconscious magnemite from it's pokeball.

Once mgnemite was fully healed, it backed away from Adam a bit, afraid that he might snap again. "Relax," Adam reassured him. "It's all that stupid minun's fault. If you ask me, the world would be better off if it died in that forest." Adam made sure to say his last comment particularly loudly, hoping Zala would hear. As Adam began walking again, magneite noticed that, despite all that happened, Adam still never noticed Sam's presence. Not wanting to be scolded again, magnemite simply followed Adam, without trying to alert him that he was being followed.

Last edited:
Mere minutes after she'd entered the lab Cinerise exited with a small female snorunt, whose name she hadn't yet thought of, in her arms. She knew her older sister had many powerful pokemon, one which was a Haxerous. With that in mind, an Ice-type was a wonderful addition- or rather beginning- for her team, and as a bonus, Froslass' appearance reminded her much of her own clothing style.

On her journey through the Xeleon forest more than a few grass and bug types had caught her interest, and from what she'd learned from the town's locals, FreshLeaf Town bordered on the southern edge of that very forest. Before heading to the next town Cinerise figured it'd be in her best interest to bolster her team with at least one more pokemon. She exited the town and headed straight for the forest, noting that quite a few trainers seemed to be idling(?) around the town's outskirts. If they were still around when she returned, then maybe they would entertain her to a battle. First she'd need to see just was this snorunt was capable, and she'd also need to give it a name besides 'this snorunt'.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Ren woke up rather late, evident by his alarm clock which read 12:00 P.M. At first, he was too groggy to notice and thought it was 8:00 A.M, however, he was greeted with a rather harsh surprise when he gained some awareness.
'Wait, I slept till noon?! CRAP!" The aspiring trainer jumped out of bed and scrambled to finish his morning routine. He went downstairs to where his mother was waiting for him, as his father had already left for work.
'Ah, finally decided to do something with your life, huh Ren?" His mother joked, making sure that it was clear that she wasn't trying to hurt her son's feelings.
"Yep, gotta go now mom, see you later!" Ren waved to his mother and sprinted out of his house, making a beeline for the professor's laboratory for a Pokemon.
Let's just hope there are enough worms left for this late bird. The boy quipped to himself as he busted through the door.
"AM I TOO LATE?" Concern was painted all over Ren's face, desperate to get any Pokemon at this point.
"Not at all my boy," Professor Spruce told the late trainer in a casual business matter, ad if he's done this before, "Pick whichever one you'd like?"
"Oh thank you so much sir!" The boy ran over to the Professor's desk to choose his partner and best friend. He saw a handful of compelling options, but finally he found his partner.
"I choose this one Professor," Ten held out the Pokeball containing a Torchic, which led to the Professor smiling.
"Good choice, want to give him a nickname?"
"Hmm, how about...Burstflame?"
"Good choice, here's your Pokeballs and Pokedex, good luck!" The professor handed out his usual items for all trainer's and waved the boy goodbye. His wave was returned as the new trainer left the lab, and thus began the journey of Ren Ito.

Last edited:
The Minun’s cheeks wildly sparked once he picked up the clear, deriding words the boy stated. The baby Pokémon was filled with utmost rage, as his body became surrounded in a dense layering of high voltage electricity! He stomped towards the boy’s location, while his ears went past his trainer pleading, “Please, just stop this already. I can’t have you hurting yourself or others like that.”

“I know that what he said is pretty mean, but let’s forget about him. He’ll probably get himself served real good soon,” The young Pokémon heard his trainer adding before his body became fully visible again.

Once the electric mouse Pokémon was near the boy, he emitted an infantile, ear-splitting screech! The air became distorted for several seconds, as his trainer shielded her ears and recoiled from the deafening bawl her Pokémon made!

Suddenly, a relentless cannonade of black beams surrounded by yellow sparks were launched straight for the boy at mach speed!

Maybe following the boy wasn't such a good idea, Sam thought, as Zala's Minun proved to be more powerful than it looked. Whatever attack it used, it wouldn't leave the receiving side without a scratch. Sam even felt bad for the rude boy from before. Cinder, though, stared in awe at how powerful the small Minun seemed. It filled the Magby up with hope that he, too, could be as powerful even though he wasn't big. "Don't get any ideas," Sam said.

When she deemed it safe, Sam got up and ran towards Zala. "Any ideas why he's acting that way?" She asked.

“He’s kinda a bit upset, umm... actually, he’s way more than that right now,” Zala replied after noticing the Minun continuing to fire a nonstop fusillade of black, electrical beams at the boy.

“I’m guessing that boy over there might have made him upset already. He’s not exactly the type to just let things go, and I don’t think he’ll exactly be wanting to stop anytime soon,” Zala added while taking out her Pokédex and configuring the application to get the correct one on display.

The device was pointed at the baby Pokémon, as the bottom screen read:

[ Minun (Cheering Pokémon) // Type: Electric | −−− // No. 312 // WARNING: Small levels of radiation detected. ]
[ "It will take cover in any shelter if a rainstorm is imminent. Its sparks may promote good health and relaxation." ]
[ Region of Origin: Hoenn ]
[ HT: 1'01" | 33.02 cm ]
[ WT: 4.4 lbs | 1.99 kg ]
[ Condition: Normal | Overdrive // Mood: Enraged ]
[ Using Move: ??? // Analyzing... 25% ]

Continuing toward Omniberry Town, Adam heard the minun's screech, turning around to see it launching a barrage of beams at it. Having grown used to the attacks by now, he dived out of the way, but was horrified to see that the minun continue to attack. Adam looked on the ground to see magnemite laying there, having been knocked out from the first attack. Still on the ground, utterly defenseless, the beams began hitting Adam, giving him no way to escape.

From the foliage, the rattata saw the attack, and new it had to interfere. If the barrage of beams continued for long, the boy who attacked it would certainly be killed, showing it the truest way that rattata was weak. The rattata always planned to defeat the boy's pokemon, but it also planned to spare him, showing that it was stronger than him in a whole different way, possibly changing his ways. The boy wasn't a nice person, that was for sure, but if the minun killed him, he'd never have a chance to change that. Fully aware of what it had to do, the rattata raced out from the trees, and launched itself at the minun, hoping to tackle it to the ground.

todoroki

Previously gamora
Seeing so many trainers enter and exit the lab, Coco figured she could do so herself. Romarin and Lavande followed, as she hummed a popular Kalosian song. She knocked on the door of the lab, no response. She opened the door and looked around, and it was filled with scientists as well as a professor. She explained to the professor why she had come, and he told her it was perfectly fine to get a Pokédex, and a series of Pokéballs, where she denied the latter.

"Oh, no thank you. I only use Luxury Balls, see? My Pokémon deserve the top quality, not... rubbish, like this." The professor was a little bit surprised, but enthused. Coco was also offered a starter Pokémon.

"Well... I already have these two, does that decline my ability to get another?" Coco inquired. Professor Spruce let out a sigh. "Unfortunately, yes." Coco was a bit disappointed- there were a lot of Pokémon. However, she composed herself together and decided to let it be, she'd catch more Pokémon soon anyway. They were generous enough to give her a Pokédex, though she could obviously buy one.

She stepped outside and came across a Rattata, launching itself onto a poor Minun she had seen wandering around, getting beaten by that kid with the Magnemite earlier. She ran over and dragged the Rattata away from the Minun.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?! Stop having your Pokémon attack this poor Pokémon, you imbecile." This would give the Minun some time to get away. The Rattata squirmed in her arms a bit, but she held a tight grip.

Gray finally entered the lab, which he had found by seeing other trainers enter. Finally, he would begin his life as an individual! No more parents to carry him through life. It was sink or swim.

"Hello?" he heard the professor called out. He was in a back room.

"Professor Spruce? My name is Gray. I'm a new trainer," Gray introduced himself.

"Ah, I see," the professor nodded, walking out from the back room. He was tall and heavy-set, with short brown hair. A traditional lab coat was replaced by a pine green t-shirt and khaki shorts.

"Gray, you said?" Spruce asked, scrolling through files on his computer.

"Grayson Brant," Gray nodded, "From Zormy Towne."

"Found your file," Spruce smiled, "Looks like you meet the criteria for receiving a starter Pokemon. Come with me."

Gray followed Spruce into the back room, where there was a table filled with Pokeballs.

"Traditional Fantamus Starters include Seedot, Magby, and Tympole. But this year, we have almost any Pokemon you can imagine!" Spruce exclaimed.

Gray took a seat. He'd need a moment to ponder his decision.

Before it was able to tackle the minun, the rattata was surprised to find itself being pulled away by another girl, filling the rattata with rage. The idiotic human seemed to think they were doing the right thing, which made the rattata more frustrated than if she had malicious intentions. Feeling a rush of adrenaline, the rattata bit down on the girl's hand, with all the strength it had, with the intention to draw blood.

Due to the Minun being focused on the boy, it was almost impossible for him to avert his attention to the Rattata’s attempt of assault being foiled from a girl. The baby Pokémon emitted another babyish scream towards the boy, before launching one last bolt towards the trainer’s area!

The black, electrical orb landed near the boy, as the sphere split into two, four, and eventually until thirty-two surrounded the trainer in a matter of seconds. Each ball hissed out several sparks, while the noise became louder with each second that went by. The Minun stomped away from the boy while emitting a quiet, maniacal laughter to himself. The glint of his infantile, malevolent eyes flashed towards his trainer after she noticed him treading back in an unusually loud manner.

Adam looked around himself, somewhat surprised to be alive, though he was in immense pain. The electric orbs surrounded him, giving him no way to escape. He couldn't even send his magnemite to find help, as it had been knocked out by the beams. As angry as he was, though, Adam was even more intrigued, having seen the rattata he attacked earlier running towards the minun. Had it been trying to save him, even after what he did? Throughout all of Adam's life, he had been taught that no one cared about anything but themself, but the small pokemon risked it's life to save him.

Outside the orbs, the rattata heard the minun laughing, after trapping the boy, increasing it's rage that much more. It seemed like the whole world was against this boy, so if no one else was going to stand up for him, it would have to be the rattata. Breaking free of the idiot's grasp, the rattata jumped in front of the minun, blocking it's path, as there was no use in attacking it, since it had stopped attacking. The rattata wasn't sure if it could communicate with the minun, but it had to try. It began attempting to explain to the minun in any way it could, that if the minun released the human, the rattata could change his ways, and that it wasn't too late for him.

The Minun stopped in his tracks when the Rattata impeded his way to his trainer. The baby Pokémon somewhat listened to what the Rattata had to offer, though the request was highly unlikely to happen at the moment. The young Pokémon raised his left paw and slid it across his neck while pointing at the boy with the other paw. A baleful growl followed a split second later, as he wiggled his paws for a brief moment to cease the detonation of the orbs for the time being.

“Yep, I better find the center if there’s even one around here. I don’t think I can be walking around with a baby mouse that’s so wild,” Zala thought while fumbling through her bag.

The rattata grew fearful as the minun slid it's finger across it's neck. Was it signalling that the boy was going to die? The rattata knew it had to do something. As angry as the aggressive minun was, no one deserved to die just for being unfriendly, even if they take it a bit far. Knowing it couldn't reason with the minun, the rattata ran to the human, fumbling around it their bag, who the rattata assumed was the minun trainer. Nudging the girl's leg, the rattata signaled toward the orbs with it's tail, hoping the human would understand.

“Yes, I think I already know what’s going on, but... I’m not sure what to do,” Zala replied to the Rattata in reponse to it nudging her leg.

“There’s probably no hope... he’s already lost it. I don’t know how he’s going to be saved with all of those ball things that are probably bombs,” Zala added while not seeming to realize that there was the same, frog-like Pokémon from the laboratory earlier.

The bubble frog Pokémon quickly pondered around for a brief moment, as he noticed that the electrical orbs were starting to blink. The Minun stomped over to his trainer, maintaining his low, hysterical laughter.

“I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’ll let you have ten seconds on the soda machine if you stop this right now,” Zala hesitantly stated at the baby Pokémon, as his ears and tail immediately perked up upon picking up her request.

The Minun placed his right paw in his mouth, as he shook the other paw for a split second. A harmless jolt of electricity was directed in front of his trainer, as the bolt quickly drew up three horizontal lines, followed by another that was vertical.

“Are you mad or something?! The warning label for babies and young Pokémon isn’t there just for show you know!” Zala cried after the electrical lines dissipated soon after.

A light growl followed soon after he quickly took his right paw out of his mouth, as Zala replied, “Okay, okay... I’ll let you have thirty then... just please stop this before something bad happens!”

The Minun pointed his left paw at his eyes, then at the boy’s eyes a split second after. He made the best face he could that most resembled a typical bully, followed by his left paw sliding across his neck.

The yellow spheres began to shrink, as there was nothing around the boy around half a minute later. A quiet, harmless explosion eurpted underneath the boy’s location, as a nearby tree shook; causing several round, bluish berries to fall onto the earth.

Managing to stand up, Adam was relieved to see the electric orbs disappearing. Though he was still in pain, he was able to begin limping towards the rattata. Confused, the rattata walked away from the minun's trainer, towards Adam, before stopping once he was close. The rattata stared up at the trainer, as he sat down in front of it. After a few moments of awkward silence, Adam took the rattata is his arms hugging it. "Thank you," he muttered, hardly able to speak through the pain. The rattata, despite having been attacked by him, saved Adam's life, which is much more than he could say anyone else had done for him.

When Adam released the rattata, it backed up a bit, still staring at him, very confused. Before the rattata could react, Adam took an empty pokeball out of his pocket. "I'm sorry for what I did to you," Adam told it, reaching out his hand. "I know what I did was wrong, but would you like to join me on my journey?"

The rattata hesitated. It still wasn't fully sure it forgave the boy, but it was clear to it that this was not the same human that attacked it. Realizing that the boy seemed to have changed his ways, just as it wanted him to, the rattata pushed the button on the pokeball, entering it, and before anyone could say anything, it clicked, and the rattata was caught.

Standing up, Adam returned magnemite, who was still unconscious, to it's pokeball, and finally noticed Sam's presence. Remembering how Sam and Zala introduced themselves, he decided to do the same, as Zala was partly responsible for his escape. "I suppose I should finally introduce myself, he said to them, his voice still weak from the pain. "My name's Adam." Exhausted, Adam fell to the ground, and simply looked up at the sky, unsure of what else there was to say.

It only took a near death experience, but Sam finally got the boy's name. Adam. "Nice to finally meet you," Sam said. He seemed exhausted, though, as he stumbled down to the ground, shocking Sam. She almost said, "You alright?"... But it was obvious he wasn't.

So, Sam turned to Zala, happy that the danger was finally over, but still filled with questions, "You've gotta tell me why that Minun is as powerful as it is." A cool air suddenly came – as an unpleasant surprise to Sam, who was wearing a tank top. She shuddered. Cinder quickly ran towards the electric Pokemon as soon as the mess was over, and tried to make friends, but the klutz that he was, he managed to stumble over air and land on his head. Sam pinched the tip of her nose. Ever the charmer. She finally remembered the Rattata, too, and how strange she found it that the small Pokemon helped Adam even after what he had done. Maybe it saw something in him. Sam faintly smiled. How did an ordinary day turn into this?

“I’m not too sure if I should say anything about that, since this might be hard to believe... but I should probably say it anyway,” Zala replied while noticing the Minun’s immediate attention after pulling out a rattle from her bag, which caused a comforting chime to quietly ring off.

“The nurse told me that he was probably exposed to some stuff when we were stranded on an island, but they’re still trying to find out what exactly that stuff was. I’m guessing he’s either very experienced or that stuff might have caused it, but even then... the nurse told me that his body’s barely growing at all, or maybe just like frozen or something. About being stranded, the cruise ship crashed, I found the Minun soon after and treated him,” Zala added before the Minun walked into her shadow and became translucent.

“Oh, that reminds me. What you might have seen just now was him becoming invisible... well, kind of actually. It’s not quite fully like that, but I mean it’s really hard to see him when he’s in the dark like that. However, if you have like a light or something, then he’ll just pop right back up like in that spooky movie! He’s also got these weird black sparks when he’s all mad and stuff, or at least from what I heard from the nurse,” Zala informed after a short breath.

Adam listened to Zala speaking, interested in why the minun that gave him so much trouble was so powerful. He knew that if his pokemon were that powerful, he could win the pokemon league tournament easily, but, considering how the minun's power was most likely unnatural, he doubted they'd allow a pokemon like that to be used, which brought up the question, what was Zala's goal? "So, what are you two in the region for?" Adam asked, standing up, wanting to break the silence. "I doubt you have pokemon for no reason."

While Cinerise hadn't quite planned on chatting it up with a few of her fellow trainers until after her return to the city, the electrifying laser circus given off by the baby Minun was more than enough to catch her attention and give her a reason to take a detour. She watched for a few moments, enchanted, and the fact that the Minun had been attacking a trainer instead of another pokemon didn't really dawn on her until well after the battle was over. Having already been quite impressed, the Minun's display of invisibility caused her impression to go from surprised to skeptical. While the immensely powerful electric attacks could be explained through some leap of logic; maybe the Minun had been the lovechild of Zapdos or Raikou and some random electric mouse pokemon, invisibility wasn't that easily explained...well, it being the lovechild of a legendary wasn't exactly an explanation either, they didn't even have egg groups as far as the world knew. Either way, the Minun wasn't normal, and getting acquainted with its trainer was worth a moment or two of her time.

Cinerise took note of the group of trainers and penciled some social time into her mental schedule. However, first things first, she would work on catching a pokemon. A few choices ran through her mind, namely phantump, formatis, cottonee, and bounsweet, or maybe even a sewaddle? She hadn't quite decided on which pokemon she wanted, the pros and cons to each were still being weighed in her mind.

Selena had went to the lab and had gotten her pokeball and pokedex, saying goodbye to the boy she met. She set out to the next route, she saw a starly fly around and decided to catch it so she threw her pokeball at it, she knew that one hit would not work on starly. As starly went into the pokeball, it easily went out and the battle started.

“Ok Elekid use thunder shock!” As she said it Elekid charged a beam of lightning and sent it straight to starly, making it fall to the ground and than when it fell she threw her pokeball, heard the 3 clicks, and kept the Pokémon in her bag, she continued on her way and saw a boy looking at the pond, but decided to ignore him and keep on.

Last edited by a moderator:

todoroki

Previously gamora
"Certainly not to prey on innocent Pokémon for no reason," Coco scoffed, "It's none of your business. Although I think it's fairly straightforward that I'm simply traveling the region with my Pokémon." Coco adjusted her hair, then reached out to the Minun.

"That's quite fascinating. Do you have experience in battle? It must be difficult raising such a powerful Pokémon." Coco hadn't seen Minun before- although she had a similar counterpart, called Plusle. She wondered if there was any Plusle similar to him.

todoroki

Previously gamora
"Certainly not to prey on innocent Pokémon for no reason," Coco scoffed, "It's none of your business. Although I think it's fairly straightforward that I'm simply traveling the region with my Pokémon." Coco adjusted her hair, then reached out to the Minun.

"That's quite fascinating. Do you have experience in battle? It must be difficult raising such a powerful Pokémon." Coco hadn't seen Minun before- although she had a similar counterpart, called Plusle. She wondered if there was any Plusle similar to him.

“I’m here to look around and see if I can find anything related to Yuto’s case. I also have to go to the center soon to pick up something rather important,” Zala replied to the boy warding out the silence from the area.

“I kinda need to get a bit better at battling since he’s not exactly the type to like well, umm... go with what people say. He just seems to do his own thing, and I’m pretty sure that I have something that can prove that,” Zala responded to the girl that got the Minun’s attention. The baby Pokémon stepped out of his trainer’s shadow, which caused him to go from being partially visible to full-on visiblity.

A piece of paper was taken out of Zala’s bag, carefully unfolded and shown to the girl. The note read:

It’s really nice to go to Aloha and to a place by boat for the first time! Yuto’s been a bit wild, but I mean... everyone’s kinda the same here. Cool music, a lot of people dancin’ like the stars, a load of food, and a lot more that even I can’t count!

I know that I should probably try to like get him to listen when it comes to battling, but I mean he likes to have his own rhythm! You gotta like let them experience their own beat if you want them to get stronger!

I’ll see you in Aloha, don’t be late alright Clara? Chao mate.

-Tony

Recollection flashed in the young Pokémon’s watery eyes after taking in a lengthy sight of the small, monochrome portrait on the top right corner of the letter. A series of snivels followed, as his cheeks started to spark up noticeably much louder than usual.

“Hey, look up at me. Are you alright there?” Zala asked while noticing a stream of tears raining down the baby Pokémon’s face.

“Okay, I guess I’ll take that as a no. I probably should of waited before showing that letter... and now he’s probably going to either destroy us or something like that if the nurse wasn’t wrong,” Zala thought before having to suddenly place the infantile Pokémon down after seeing him launch a huge, black bolt of electricity into the air!

The burst of lightning exploded high in the air, creating a brief, spectacular display of an enormous, ebony black firework!

"Well..." Sam tilted her head to the side. "I live here," she said, answering Adam's question. The sudden change of emotion in Zala's Minun shifted Sam's attention, as the little Pokemon jumped out of his trainer's arms and launched a black ball similar to the one prior. Though frightened at first, Sam was relieved that it didn't end tragically, as she watched in awe at the black fireworks. Zala's story interested Sam, and it got her thinking if it had happened to any other Pokemon? If there's more of them, that ought to create a disaster, she thought. Still, the baby Minun didn't seem so frightening out of his tantrum phases.

After the fireworks settled, Sam decided to offer some more help, and stepped a bit in front. "If you're planning on taking on the League challenge, I could help you through the West," she said. Cinder followed her immediately, wanting to let everyone know that he would help as well. "I'm not completely familiar with much past Florania, which houses the first gym, but I could help with the cave just before it," Sam said, adjusting the straps on her backpack. Besides, she'd like to try out the League challenge as well, or at least discover the rest of her region. She smiled nervously, waiting for the group to accept (or decline) her offer.

“Well, I’m not too sure if I should battle the league since I heard that there’s a lot of people that cheated just to win without being fair at all. Also, I have a feeling that Yuto might probably break the limit that the nurse told me that he’s supposed to be below, so that he doesn’t like go too wild or anything,” Zala replied after noticing that a certain meter on the bottom screen of her Pokédex was blinking red.

“That reminds me, I should have brought my other Pokémon... but my mother has them since my little sister wanted to learn how to care for them. Hopefully the little spider doesn’t shock her,” Zala added while noticing a small, mole-like Pokémon scurrying from an officer wildly swinging their baton.

“Stop right there you little mole! Drop everything you have and put your hands in the air right now! This is your last warning punk!” The officer yelled while placing his right hand in his pocket.

Upon closer inspection, the mole Pokémon appeared to be wearing a peculiar scratchproof watch of some sort. The booted display beared the letters of a royal blue P and a backwards Z in the center area of a black and white shield. He held a small sack containing some valuables, as some clinking sounds echoed from the bag. He continued to flee from the officer while hoping that none of the nearby trainers would not pay much attention to him or the pursuing officer.

todoroki

Previously gamora
(dude, like, slow down. no one even got to respond to you yet)

Coco jumped back at the burst of lightning. She panted heavily- there's a reason they say people can slap you with the sound of a thunderclap. Her eyes were teary, and she tried to compose herself. Jesus, she had already just met these people and she had broken down.

"Learn to control your Pokémon. Any decent trainer should be able to make their Pokémon behave." Her tone was aggressive. She had come here to get away from the familiar. "If anyone should be taking care of him I'd recommend you take him to a more experienced trainer, maybe the regional champion knows what to do with him."

(OOC: I am pretty sure that we are all posting at a normal rate, it is not like we are going at the speed of thirty posts per minute.)

BIC:

“Decent? How about you try controlling a Pokémon like him then! It’s not like any strong trainer can just make him obey them like some sort of magical spell!” Zala replied in a rather stern tone to combat the voice of aggression the other girl had.

The Minun primed an electrical orb on his left paw, preparing to launch it at the teary-eyed girl after taking account of the gentle breeze. He took a deep breath and allowed the nightly black orb to orbit above his head for a brief moment.

Sensing the threat stemming from the other girl’s location, the baby Pokémon took another lengthy breath. The sphere sparked with tiny yellow bolts, causing it to divide into five other electrical balls! The globes began to orbit around a small area above the young Pokémon’s head, becoming much quicker by the second.

“Oh dear, he’s lost it again. Maybe it’s best for me to take him to the center to see if she can tell me anything about calming a baby before they go all loose and stuff,” Zala thought before attempting to find the nearest Pokémon Center with a chart of the region obtained from the train earlier.

Cinerise hadn't even gone far before a clap of thunder (one that was far too near for comfort) frightened her right out of her skin. Her feet tangled together and shortly thereafter both the trainer and snorunt found themselves in very intimate contact with the ground. Scrambling to her feet the panicked trainer tried to figure who -or what- had just been bombed, her head swiveled in every which direction and eventually her eyes found themselves onto that odd Minun. Judging by the dark bolts of electricity arcing across its body Cinerise was fairly sure she'd found the source of the previous thunderclap, but more importantly, the Minun was feral.

Whatever its problem was, attacking people and pokemon for no good reason -as far as Cinerise knew- was never a good sign. "Alright Snorunt...no, Edelweiss, yea, that's a good name! But nevermind that, we're stopping that rampaging mouse!" Releasing the small ice-type who was quite irritated itself after Cinerise had just tripped with it in hand, she formulated a battle plan. "Edelweiss, Disable it!"

Having done a quick check up on her pokemon, Cinerise was well aware of Edelweiss' current move set and knew it had inherited disable from one of its parents. The petite pokemon leapt from its trainer's arms, focusing on the Minun and released whatever mystic forces were at play when the normal type more was put in use, attempting to disable the Minun's ability to wield...whatever attack that was.

"Woah, woah," Sam waved her arms, approaching Zala and Coco (if she remembered her name correctly). The two were in the middle of an argument, and Sam didn't want it to grow into anything more than it should be. "There's no need to fight. You're just gonna distress the Minun-" Sam started, cut off by the Minun preparing for another attack. Sam immediately backed off. She took out the PokeBall she had been carrying in her backpack as quickly as possible, and sent Cinder back inside.

"I think it'd be best. Sorry, buddy," she said, staring at the PokeBall. Sam tried staying tolerant, but it was starting to get more difficult. She took a deep breath, composed herself, and quickly thought of a plan. "Alright, how about Zala and the Minun go with me, since I didn't anger it, yet," Sam said. "And the rest can follow us at a reasonable distance. That way, you'll all get to Omniberry, hopefully with no casualties, and I can show Zala the way to the Center." She thought the plan was reasonable, and doable, which was most important. However, there were still a few problems - first, Minun had to calm down again, and second, an unknown Pokemon, partnered with a trainer, who just made their sudden entrance.

The Minun stopped in his tracks when he felt a mysterious force coursing through his body. Suddenly, the electrical orbs fizzled out in a series of quick, harmless sparks. Thinking that he did not put enough power into the move, he attempted to synthesize another electrical orb; only for the ball to dissipate in a split second after it was born.

His focus was immediately shifted towards the Snorunt likely responsible for the shameful display of his failed move. A heavy grunt followed, as he took a huge breath. He gathered a significant amount of energy, as a small, bluish orb appeared on his left paw. The globe became bigger with each second that passed, as the baby Pokémon appeared to have utmost concentration on the electrical, cobalt blue sphere.

“T- that’s probably a good idea, b- but he’s still at it!” Zala cried while taking out her folder and quickly flipping through the pages.

Upon landing at the correct page and showing it to Sam, the text read:

Thunder-
“The strongest move of all electric-based attacks. If it is raining, the move will always hit its target without fail. As with most electrical attacks, the target may be left in paralysis.”

Variation A:
  • A massive beam or bolt is fired into the sky, which creates an electric cloud that fires one or several bolts on the target.
  • Counter: Watch for the direction the beam or bolt was launched from. Have the target move out of the bolt’s way as quickly as possible to prevent incurred damage. Count the number of bolts the cloud launches. If the number is odd, have the target move counterclockwise and clockwise; alternating between each bolt. (Vice versa applies for even numbered bolts.)
Variation B:
  • A massive beam is fired at the target. (Alternatively, several beams may be fired instead of one powerful beam.)
  • Counter: Have the target move away from the beam as soon as possible. If several beams are fired, either duck under the beams if possible or attempt to block off the attack if necessary.
Variation C:
  • A burst of electricity is fired at the target. (Alternatively, several bolts may be fired instead.)
  • Counter: Please refer to Variation B for instructions.
Variation D:
  • **Few Pokémon have been seen using this variation. This variation takes time to execute, but is the hardest of all to counter without the use of damage nullifying moves once the attack goes off.
  • A huge orb is sent into the sky, as it gradually shrinks until it is about the size of a golf ball. The orb then becomes bigger and explodes into a devastating barrage of bolts on all nearby targets.
  • Counter: Plan accordingly and carefully, as this variation takes some time to execute. Have the target try to interrupt the attacker before the orb is sent in the air. If the ball is already in the air, have the target either damage the attacker as much as possible or brace for the powerful attack. Caution is advised, as there are currently no guaranteed ways to successfully evade this variation.