• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fables: Re-Written Discussion

I feel like I should try and think about some interesting things regarding Manti and his bar, was maybe thinking he could provide info as well as drinks as he hears a lot of things from people who talk within his bar?

Final results for both

Name: Acacia P. Heonix (Uh-kei-shuh)
Nickname: Acacia, Little Blaze, Red
Species: Fable
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: In human she has elegant red hair that she pulls up in a high ponytail with a gold bow with elegant blue eyes with a bang that slips down to cover her right eye. She wears a herbalist outfit in the shape of a dress pass her knees but colored in red with gold triming at all the edges of the dress. she wears a gold bow around her waist thay is shown on the back as the end trances come down a bit long in the shape of two Phoenix feathers. She wears white stockings on her legs before it finishes with red flats with gold trimming around it with its straps wrapped around her ankles to secure them in place. Her herbalist bag rests on both sides of her as she wears a sun necklace around her neck with a red and orange colored feather dangling from it below. She wears wrist wraps to protect her wrists. She wears glasses upon her face. Dhe has a well slim build only to stand at 5'3 in height. In her bird form, she is pure Phoenix with the elegant bright colored fire feathers with long crest and tail feathers as her speed enhances greatly.
Personality: Acacia is a sweet young lady that has a heart for caring for others. She does her best to her best to be strong in order to dedicate herself in saving people and Fables. She will mostly stay out of trouble as much as she can to avoid conflict since she doesn't like the center of attention even if she is surrounded by it she will act like she does.
Origin Story: The Phoenix, sun god of Ra, was a long lived bird associated with Greek Mythology that regenerates and be reborn again. Legends say the Phoenix dies in the show of flames and combustion while others say it simply decomposes before being reborn again. The origin of the Phoenix was contributed back in Ancient Egypt by Herodotus and later 19th century scholars and furthermore, it was also associated with Ra, an Egyptian sun god. The Phoenix often symbolized renewal and resurrection.
Powers:

Immortality: Phoenixes are immortal as they will not permanently die from aging or natural causes.

Shapeshifting: Phoenixes can take a human form to conceal their true form.

Rapid Regeneration: Can heal/regenerate from any and non fatal injuries

Teleportation: Can disappear and reappear in the burst of flames and can take whoever it's holding with them.

Spontaneous Combustion/Incineration: Can incinerate anyone/anything with a single touch, in human form, Thus can wield any type of fire from Pyromancy to consuming into a powerful weapon

Family: N/A
Other: She often hides herself in a cloth to keep her identify a secret. Despite the powers she has, she is a very strong lady despite her well built slim body. She fears iron as the sight of it scares her. Wears a fox mask from time to time to get away from danger. Cryptid.

Name: JC Were. Wolfa
Nickname: JC
Appearance: In human form, she is a light-skinned young lady with a well feminine build standing at 5'3 in height. She has dark brown long hair pulled up in a high ponytail with light blue eyes, right completely blind which her bang covers. She wears ninja like clothing with bandages on her wrists, ankles, and stomach. She wears glasses on her face with a white cross necklace around her neck. She wears black flats on her feet as the straps wrap around her ankles securely. In Lycaon form, she stands on her strong two legs with the wolf head and well built lean wolf body with deadly sharp claws that are able to cut through solid hard walls along with the tail and white coat coloring showing her light blue eyes but her right being clouded but her mask rests at the side to cover it as this form only appears by force due to the full moon. In her full wolf form, she stands on all four like an original wolf but two times bigger than an average size wolf with the same white wolf coloring and light blue eyes with the right being clouded with the cross necklace remaining around her neck with her mask at the side to cover her clouded eye.
Personality: She is quite distance and slightly stubborn which can be a pain to handle. She is also stern and will only act brave to hide her fear which she hides well. Despite her stubborness, she is a gentle young lady that will judge no one no matter who they are. She has trust issues but if you can gain her trust completely she will protect u as if her life depends on it.
Origin Story: Earliest surviving example of man to wolf transformation was found in The Epic Gilgamesh from around 2,100 B.C. However, first appeared in ancient Greece and Rome in ethnographic, poetic, and philosophical texts. Transformations of the beast are mostly mythological. Greek Historian Herodotus described the Neuri, a nomadic tribe of magical men who changed into wolf shapes for several days of the year.
Powers:

Shape-shifting: able to transform into a Lycaon only under the full moon but also full wolf at their own will

Infectious Bite: able to turn any human into a werewolf when in beast form through bite. She tends to avoid this at all costs unless it is completely necessary through confirmation of the host

Supernatural Strength: Greater than a humans easily being able to rip through flesh and bones even hard objects. Even in human form they have this incredible strength.

Enhanced Ability: performs incredible jumps and sprints easily much faster than a humans

Super Senses: senses are equally enhanced from sense of smell to hearing even seeing in the darkness, similar to actual wolves

Family: Sherri(F) Mother (Pureblood), Shadow(M) Eldest brother (Pureblood), Soren(M) Second Eldest brother (Pureblood)
Other: She wears a white wolf blue-streaked mask to hide her facial appearance. She will not tire easily as she is almost impossible to defeat by any means or weapons. Any injuries she inflicts will heal instantly even if they are severe. She stays away from silver as much as possible. Cryptid

@DevVoid

Last edited:

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
I feel like I should try and think about some interesting things regarding Manti and his bar, was maybe thinking he could provide info as well as drinks as he hears a lot of things from people who talk within his bar?
That could certainly be an idea to kick off a few subplots, though something tells me the enforcers aren't gonna like what they're hearing if one of them is nearby..

Final results for both

Name: Acacia P. Heonix (Uh-kei-shuh)
Nickname: Acacia, Little Blaze, Red
Appearance: In human she has elegant red hair that she pulls up in a high ponytail with a gold bow with elegant blue eyes with a bang that slips down to cover her right eye. She wears a herbalist outfit in the shape of a dress pass her knees but colored in red with gold triming at all the edges of the dress. she wears a gold bow around her waist thay is shown on the back as the end trances come down a bit long in the shape of two Phoenix feathers. She wears white stockings on her legs before it finishes with red flats with gold trimming around it with its straps wrapped around her ankles to secure them in place. Her herbalist bag rests on both sides of her as she wears a sun necklace around her neck with a red and orange colored feather dangling from it below. She wears wrist wraps to protect her wrists. She wears glasses upon her face. Dhe has a well slim build only to stand at 5'3 in height. In her bird form, she is pure Phoenix with the elegant bright colored fire feathers with long crest and tail feathers as her speed enhances greatly.
Personality: Acacia is a sweet young lady that has a heart for caring for others. She does her best to her best to be strong in order to dedicate herself in saving people and Fables. She will mostly stay out of trouble as much as she can to avoid conflict since she doesn't like the center of attention even if she is surrounded by it she will act like she does.
Origin Story: The Phoenix, sun god of Ra, was a long lived bird associated with Greek Mythology that regenerates and be reborn again. Legends say the Phoenix dies in the show of flames and combustion while others say it simply decomposes before being reborn again. The origin of the Phoenix was contributed back in Ancient Egypt by Herodotus and later 19th century scholars and furthermore, it was also associated with Ra, an Egyptian sun god. The Phoenix often symbolized renewal and resurrection.
Powers:

Immortality: Phoenixes are immortal as they will not permanently die from aging or natural causes.

Shapeshifting: Phoenixes can take a human form to conceal their true form.

Rapid Regeneration: Can heal/regenerate from any and non fatal injuries

Teleportation: Can disappear and reappear in the burst of flames and can take whoever it's holding with them.

Spontaneous Combustion/Incineration: Can incinerate anyone/anything with a single touch, in human form, Thus can wield any type of fire from Pyromancy to consuming into a powerful weapon

Other: She often hides herself in a cloth to keep her identify a secret. Despite the powers she has, she is a very strong lady despite her well built slim body. She fears iron as the sight of it scares her. Wears a fox mask from time to time to get away from danger. Cryptid.

Name: JC Were. Wolfa
Nickname: JC
Appearance: In human form, she is a light-skinned young lady with a well feminine build standing at 5'3 in height. She has dark brown long hair pulled up in a high ponytail with light blue eyes, right completely blind which her bang covers. She wears ninja like clothing with bandages on her wrists, ankles, and stomach. She wears glasses on her face with a white cross necklace around her neck. She wears black flats on her feet as the straps wrap around her ankles securely. In Lycaon form, she stands on her strong two legs with the wolf head and well built lean wolf body with deadly sharp claws that are able to cut through solid hard walls along with the tail and white coat coloring showing her light blue eyes but her right being clouded but her mask rests at the side to cover it as this form only appears by force due to the full moon. In her full wolf form, she stands on all four like an original wolf but two times bigger than an average size wolf with the same white wolf coloring and light blue eyes with the right being clouded with the cross necklace remaining around her neck with her mask at the side to cover her clouded eye.
Personality: She is quite distance and slightly stubborn which can be a pain to handle. She is also stern and will only act brave to hide her fear which she hides well. Despite her stubborness, she is a gentle young lady that will judge no one no matter who they are. She has trust issues but if you can gain her trust completely she will protect u as if her life depends on it.
Origin Story: Earliest surviving example of man to wolf transformation was found in The Epic Gilgamesh from around 2,100 B.C. However, first appeared in ancient Greece and Rome in ethnographic, poetic, and philosophical texts. Transformations of the beast are mostly mythological. Greek Historian Herodotus described the Neuri, a nomadic tribe of magical men who changed into wolf shapes for several days of the year.
Powers:

Shape-shifting: able to transform into a Lycaon only under the full moon but also full wolf at their own will

Infectious Bite: able to turn any human into a werewolf when in beast form through bite. She tends to avoid this at all costs unless it is completely necessary through confirmation of the host

Supernatural Strength: Greater than a humans easily being able to rip through flesh and bones even hard objects. Even in human form they have this incredible strength.

Enhanced Ability: performs incredible jumps and sprints easily much faster than a humans

Super Senses: senses are equally enhanced from sense of smell to hearing even seeing in the darkness, similar to actual wolves

Family: Sherri(F) Mother (Pureblood), Shadow(M) Eldest brother (Pureblood), Soren(M) Second Eldest brother (Pureblood)
Other: She wears a white wolf blue-streaked mask to hide her facial appearance. She will not tire easily as she is impossible to defeat by any means or weapons. Any injuries she inflicts will heal instantly even if they are severe. She stays away from silver as much as possible. Cryptid

@DevVoid

Well, Acacia is good to go, if the regen is limited to just non-fatal/minor wounds and her incineration just means setting things on fire and not instant-death, but..

She will not tire easily as she is impossible to defeat by any means or weapons. Any injuries she inflicts will heal instantly even if they are severe.

Impossible to defeat AND regens instantly from any wound? I know fables have a certain level of immortality, but all Fables, no matter how popular their origin story is, can die from enough injuries. Instant regen just makes JC invincible. (Unless you mean that wounds she puts on others would be healed, which I guess would be ok, though that would make her completely unable to ever win a fight.)

As for being impossible to defeat - also a no-go. A regular human being unable to beat her, that I can believe,but other fables also being unable to defeat her? That's way too strong.

Last edited:
Oh wait hold on let me refrace that I should have put almost impossible to defeat because silver can harm her badly and possibly kill her if you want me to reddit it that way I can to make her less of an overpowered fable if that's what you want me to do I can @DevVoid

DevVoid

Oh wait hold on let me refrace that I should have put almost impossible to defeat because silver can harm her badly and possibly kill her if you want me to reddit it that way I can to make her less of an overpowered fable if that's what you want me to do I can @DevVoid
Well, Silver can severely injure any Fable given that silver bullets can be used to easily kill not just werewolves but any Fable, as they were also used to kill witches and a rebel leader. What I meant is that JC can't be vulnerable to only Silver Bullets. No Fable is invincible to anything but Silver, they are just prone to take severely more damage from silver weaponry. JC should be able to take damage from other sources just as the other Fables, though she can be more resilient and endure more given how popular werewolves are. Also, her instant-regen isn't gonna work, either. Same way with Acacia - if it's a fast regen for minor wounds and a slow regen for major wounds, then it'd be alright. Fables don't have instant regen if their origin story is extremely popular - they can just endure much more and regenerate a bit faster, but not instantly.

If the only way to damage JC was through silver bullets, and she could instantly regenerate said damage from silver bullets, she'd just be completely invulnerable. And that's not alright. Those are two things that need to be fixed. And for Acacia, you've still yet to answer:

- Does her Incineration ability instantly turn anything into ash, even other Fables, as if it were an instant-kill power? If so, that definitely needs nerfing.

- Does her regeneration only work quickly for minor wounds, or for any kind of wound, like with JC's regen? Because if it's the latter, that needs nerfing as well.

Oh I understand I'll fix that later whenever I can so and when I looked up that ability on the Pheonix it did say burns everything it touches with a single touch but she has control of it so it's not like a power that everything she touches will immediately burn even to a fable so no it's not like that @DevVoid and yes it does work like JC with injuries she inflicts to heal quickly at a fast pace. Like I said only silver bullets stops her healing abilities for a long period of time for JC and other fables can harm her so she is not invulnerable of that answers your question correctly

DevVoid

Oh I understand I'll fix that later whenever I can so and when I looked up that ability on the Pheonix it did say burns everything it touches with a single touch but she has control of it so it's not like a power that everything she touches will immediately burn even to a fable so no it's not like that @DevVoid and yes it does work like JC with injuries she inflicts to heal quickly at a fast pace. Like I said only silver bullets stops her healing abilities for a long period of time for JC and other fables can harm her so she is not invulnerable of that answers your question correctly

Well, I suppose if it only sets things on fire and doesn't just instantly kill things by turning them to ash, that'd be alright to use. And if other Fables can harm JC and she isn't only vulnerable to silver bullets, that works as well. Though the regen can act quick, I'd imagine it'd take a longer time to fix up more severe wounds than things like small cuts or bruises. So, if Acacia's and JC's regeneration abilities are only fast with minor wounds and take longer for more severe wounds, then they're both accepted.

Sorry if I came off as rude - it's just from how I read it, the implications seemed way too powerful. But, if I'm understanding them right, they shouldn't a problem anymore.

Well, to not stall any longer, I'll be creating the RP Thread soon. I'll be tagging everyone not just in the post, but here as well with the link just in case, knowing how wonky notifications can be at times.

DevVoid

@EeveeBlueSisters Erm.. why are Acacia and JC entering the building through Yens' Room? The blizzard and the ice cave are all a part of his own room in the hotel because of the enchantment he bought - think of it like the cave being an apartment and the snowy area outside being the back yard. The actual area outside the hotel is just like the urban streets you see in NY, lol.

Last edited:

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
anyway, after convening with void, Michael Myers isn't a possibility, but a discount version is totally on the table.
so yeah.
here's my cast;

Name: Unknown

Nickname: The Entity, Ragface

Sexuality: N/A

Appearance: The Entity's shadow form is very difficult to see, and even harder to realize is near should one not be supernaturally inclined. The Entity is a shadow person, seen from the corner's of your eyes, watching you sleep from the dark corners of your room. Silent. Empty. Impartial. Quite simply, the Entity appears like a shadow. It's impossible to stare at directly unless it is exerting enough supernatural power. Otherwise, you'll almost never notice it following you home.

Capable of possessing weak-minded individuals, the Entity can take almost any form it pleases, naturally choosing mundies. Due to this, the Entity's human appearance is always changing, but over the years, it has modeled an appearance for its physical self. Those it takes over will wear a heavy trench coat and boots, casual clothing beneath, and donning a mask self-made of ripped cloth, wrapped around its head several times. This kills the possessed victim, and the Entity continues to utilize them as a puppet. When making its first kill, the Entity will soak its clothed head in blood. It always carries a knife.

Personality: It revels in murder. The thrill of the hunt, and stalking its prey. While it could easily stalk its victims in its shadow form, it prefers to be controlling a mundie's body to do so, presenting a real physical threat to intimidate victims. If it had a life before becoming this malevolent spirit, nobody can remember. Not even it. For centuries it has scoured the globe, murdering anyone and anything it pleases, with nobody capable of putting a stop to it. You can destroy its puppets, but getting rid of the Entity itself? That's another story.

Origin Story: The Shadow People have been prevalent throughout folklore for centuries. Since the first time stories were told, there were stories about these beings. The shadows that watched. Story became legend, and this legend never died, only growing stronger with each passing year. Like many supernatural entities, the shadow people are among the most popular- and the most feared. Capable of affecting emotions and manipulating dreams, the Entity can make itself known, and is sometimes confused with a more powerful version of a poltergeist. The Entity is far more deadly than that. Whenever the legend of the shadow people begins to fade, it will terrorize individuals world-wide, especially skeptics, and reinforce its infamy, keeping itself powerful. Powerful and blood thirsty.

Powers: The Entity is capable of many things. While in its shadow form, it is capable of draining energy from those around it, and manipulating emotions. Too much time in its proximity can turn a perfectly sane individual into a ravenous lunatic. It feeds off of negative emotions, though positive emotions do not weaken it, only angering it. Being incorporeal, it can phase through anything physical, and is able to sense energies nearby. When a victim is asleep, the Entity can invade their mind in a way similar to possession, and terrorize the individual in their dreams while also learning all of their fears, insecurities, and doubts. Having been around for so long, the Entity is highly intelligent, having consumed the memories and knowledge of thousands of individuals. It has limited physical abilities in its shadow form, most notably flinging objects or making items levitate. It uses this to its advantage, most commonly shoving victims down stairs, either scaring the crap out of them or killing them outright. When it fully possesses an individual, it invades their mind, tearing apart the person inside before eradicating them. It then kills the individual's body and wears it like a costume, puppeteering their corpse until the body is unable to be utilized any longer, in which it is abandoned, leading to many cold murder cases.

When possessing a body, the Entity cannot feel pain so long as the host is dead. If the host is alive, the Entity can experience everything that the host can. If a host is killed before the Entity can take control, then the Entity will be destroyed as well, which is one of the only ways to get rid of the Entity. When fully possessing a corpse, the Entity also imbues the body with impossible strength, and seems capable of limited teleportation, able to emerge from closets or alleys it otherwise couldn't have logically reached when pursuing a victim. The body can be mutilated to insane degrees and continue to move and attack, making a possessed mundie nearly impossible to take down. Due to the unique costume the Entity chooses to give its bodies, it has become known simply as 'Ragface', a name easy to remember, and impossible to forget.

Other: The Entity is rumored to be as old as Death, but his new Ragface identity is only about 50 years old. The inspiration for the Entity takes from Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, and Leatherface.
Name: Ryker Valentine

Nickname: The Valentine Man

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Appearance: He looks like your every man, completely mundie in appearance- but being so much more. With slicked back black hair, graying along the sides, a full beard of grey hair, strong features, broad shoulders, and a swagger to every step he takes, he's clearly a vert confident middle-aged man. Wearing a bomber jacket and faded jeans, feet in black combat boots, he gives off a generally cool vibe, though not very threatening. His weapon of choice is a chain constantly wrapped around his arms and belt like some kind of harness.

Personality: Ryker is a cocky man who enters every confrontation, hostile or otherwise, with a swing in his hip and a swagger in his step. He shows no fear, instead working on making others feel uncomfortable around him. He gets in the personal space of others, talks inappropriately to others with vulgar, and essentially gives no craps about anything- except protecting his boss and meeting a quota. When he isn't trying to make you uncomfortable, he's very charismatic. He has a softer side, in that he cares about his subordinates and his boss, capable of gladly giving his life for any her cares about. He was chosen as the right hand man for his extremely charismatic prowess, the way he can rally others to a cause, and keep them to it by developing relationships with them. He's capable of making his followers enter a cult-like mentality, though he almost never takes advantage of that. He's extremely against rape, and abuse toward women, and takes pleasure in the death and mutilation of men. He's easily a ladies man, but is known to sometimes be a bro.

Origin Story: He wasn't always what he is. Once upon a time, Ryker Valentine was a normal man living a normal life, until one day, he met a Reaper. Ryker mistook this Reaper for Death, and in an unsual spur of confidence, he challenged this Reaper to a fiddle match. What this Reaper hadn't planned for was Ryker to be one of the greatest fiddle players to have walked the earth. When he won, the Reaper granted him with a prize. This Reaper showed him his life, his future, and his impact. Realizing his life was meaningless, Ryker attempted to find a purpose for himself, a chance to leave a lasting impression. At first, he became a missionary, traveling the world and helping others... but when he sought out the Reaper again, his fate hadn't changed. What many didn't know about Ryker was his dark obsession with death and decay. For all his life, he had ignored the horrible urges within, but now, he decided to indulge them. After discovering how much it pleased him, Ryker began his new life as a serial killer, this time traveling the world to claim lives, rather than save them. He loved it so much, that he planned to perform a massacre one day. Valentine's day, 1762, Ryker invaded a small town in Maine, in which he murdered all 481 residents in their sleep. The crime was only found in the morning by a courier, who was attacked by Ryker, but managed to escape. The courier traveled back to living civilazation, and thus began to the legend of the Valentine Man. Ryker embraced this, changing his last name to 'Valentine' (time forgot his original name), and designating Valentine's Day as a priority for killing. For seven long years, Ryker massacred settlement after settlement on this day, before he was ambushed by the Colonial Militia, and was shot dead, his body collapsing into a river before being dragged away. Legend tells the Reaper returned to him when he died, and showed him his new legacy. So proud of his accomplishment, Ryker murdered the Reaper, and returned to his body to continue this legacy he had built, forever twisted in the mind. He no longer commits a massacre every Valentine's Day, but he does make sure to get at least one kill in on this holiday, keeping his legacy alive.

Powers: While he might not seem like much, Ryker Valentine is not to be underestimated. Having killed a Reaper as a spirit, he actually gained its powers in the process, effectively becoming a replacement Reaper. So while he works for the big boss, ultimately, Ryker answers to Death. As an undead individual, Ryker is resistant to most physical forms of torment. He can sense death anywhere on the planet, and can see the future of other individuals. Having reclaimed his body, he is left in a perpetual age of 47. Like most Fables, he has enhanced physical abilities, but in particular his eyesight is good. He has obtained a sixth sense for detecting not only death, but life forces as well. This makes sneaking up on him almost impossible.

Family: Long dead and forgotten.

Other: Ryker's character takes inspiration from Ghost Rider, Negan, and Charles Manson.
Name: Laura Sullivan

Nickname: The Snow Stalker (to few)

Sexuality: Asexual

Appearance: Her wardrobe his difficult to keep track of, she changes styles so quickly and so suddenly. She could be gothic one day, preppy the next, Victorian era on Thursday, Cowgirl by the end of the week. However, there is one outfit she typically wears most commonly. A black winter vest over a red sweat shirt, a skirt, and combat boots. Alongside her fashion, her hair changes constantly as well. She keeps it shoulder-length, and dies it every other week, though her usual color is blonde, or black. Rarely does she select unnatural colors like blue or green. She's of average height and build, with a face that appears very innocent at first, but her eyes are sunken, dark circles unmoving from around them. To many, they'd say she looks 'dead inside'. Her skin is pale, light freckles sprinkled across her face, and her eyes a vivid blue.

Occupation: Part-Time Bartender at The Winged Lion after begging Manti to hire her, being in dire need of some income.

Personality: Due to her past, Laura is known to be rather impassive. She's apathetic and uncaring toward others and their plights, and she has an issue with holding grudges. She hates owing people anything, and will often go out of her way to pay back even a penny loaned to her. She's sarcastic and sassy, but has a soft side rarely seen. While she may outwardly be apathetic, she truly does care about others, and will go out of her way to save even the most undeserving of souls- so long as they're not a Wendigo. Harboring a deep, intense hatred for them, Laura will attack any Wendigo on sight, regardless if they're a member of the community or not. On the side, she also takes a deep interest in cold cases, and aspires to one day work with the detectives of Fabletown. This desire often leads her to accidentally messing with crime scenes and trying to help detectives regardless if they tell her to leave or not. Outside of that, she mostly keeps to herself, and nobody even knows where she lives.

Origin Story: A girl lost in the woods at barely 9. After a three-month-long investigation, it was determined that Laura Sullivan... had died. The world forgot about her, but she wasn't dead. Trapped in the deserts of Nevada, she wandered aimlessly throughout its harsh winter. This wasn't what made her legend. It was what hunted her. A Wendigo stalked Laura for five months after her disappearance, and she kept walking, making her way further and further up north, finding nobody. No sign of people. The Wendigo would come close at night, and attack. Laura, just a young girl, could barely fight it off. She knew it was toying with her. Waiting her out to claim its kill. Yet somehow, she persisted. For two years, she persisted. When she emerged at a village in Canada, she was taken in and cared for. The locals couldn't believe her story. The American police were called, and she was brought back home. She would have lived a normal life, but she couldn't forget her experience, and nobody believed her. She was called crazy. It was believed that she'd hallucinated the whole thing, her childish mind unable to comprehend. So on her fourteenth birthday, Laura left home with her father's rifle. The Wendigo required no silver bullets, just hard lead, lead she intended to deliver. In the winter of 1948, Laura returned to that desert, and challenged the Wendigo that had tormented her. It refused to show, so she hunted it- and she succeeded. Laura managed to find the Wendigo's lair, and shot it five times. Wounded, it fled, and thus began two months in which the hunter had become the hunted. Laura stalked the Wendigo along, taking shots whenever she could. Never missing. She stalked along through the snow, following the Wendigo until finally... she killed it. This is how the legend goes, at least. Laura was never seen again. Not by any who knew her, at least. Her story remains obscure, and even less believe it as truth.

Powers: Laura has incredible survival skills and a killer instinct. She's an expert hunter, and an excellent lie detector. While she isn't physically much stronger than any mundie, she fights smart- or she fights dirty. Whichever gets her a victory faster. She's also incredibly fast, and very light-footed, making her good for stealth on most occasions. As for her seeming immortality, it's believed she ate the heart of the Wendigo and gained some of its supernatural powers, though she will not confirm nor deny this.

Family: She doesn't like to remember.

Other: Laura is primarily based on Heather Mason from Silent Hill. Also, cryptic cryptid cutlery.

@DevVoid

Last edited:

DevVoid

anyway, after convening with void, Michael Myers isn't a possibility, but a discount version is totally on the table.
so yeah.
here's my cast;

Name: Unknown

Nickname: The Entity, Ragface

Sexuality: N/A

Appearance: The Entity's shadow form is very difficult to see, and even harder to realize is near should one not be supernaturally inclined. The Entity is a shadow person, seen from the corner's of your eyes, watching you sleep from the dark corners of your room. Silent. Empty. Impartial. Quite simply, the Entity appears like a shadow. It's impossible to stare at directly unless it is exerting enough supernatural power. Otherwise, you'll almost never notice it following you home.

Capable of possessing weak-minded individuals, the Entity can take almost any form it pleases, naturally choosing mundies. Due to this, the Entity's human appearance is always changing, but over the years, it has modeled an appearance for its physical self. Those it takes over will wear a heavy trench coat and boots, casual clothing beneath, and donning a mask self-made of ripped cloth, wrapped around its head several times. This kills the possessed victim, and the Entity continues to utilize them as a puppet. When making its first kill, the Entity will soak its clothed head in blood. It always carries a knife.

Personality: It revels in murder. The thrill of the hunt, and stalking its prey. While it could easily stalk its victims in its shadow form, it prefers to be controlling a mundie's body to do so, presenting a real physical threat to intimidate victims. If it had a life before becoming this malevolent spirit, nobody can remember. Not even it. For centuries it has scoured the globe, murdering anyone and anything it pleases, with nobody capable of putting a stop to it. You can destroy its puppets, but getting rid of the Entity itself? That's another story.

Origin Story: The Shadow People have been prevalent throughout folklore for centuries. Since the first time stories were told, there were stories about these beings. The shadows that watched. Story became legend, and this legend never died, only growing stronger with each passing year. Like many supernatural entities, the shadow people are among the most popular- and the most feared. Capable of affecting emotions and manipulating dreams, the Entity can make itself known, and is sometimes confused with a more powerful version of a poltergeist. The Entity is far more deadly than that. Whenever the legend of the shadow people begins to fade, it will terrorize individuals world-wide, especially skeptics, and reinforce its infamy, keeping itself powerful. Powerful and blood thirsty.

Powers: The Entity is capable of many things. While in its shadow form, it is capable of draining energy from those around it, and manipulating emotions. Too much time in its proximity can turn a perfectly sane individual into a ravenous lunatic. It feeds off of negative emotions, though positive emotions do not weaken it, only angering it. Being incorporeal, it can phase through anything physical, and is able to sense energies nearby. When a victim is asleep, the Entity can invade their mind in a way similar to possession, and terrorize the individual in their dreams while also learning all of their fears, insecurities, and doubts. Having been around for so long, the Entity is highly intelligent, having consumed the memories and knowledge of thousands of individuals. It has limited physical abilities in its shadow form, most notably flinging objects or making items levitate. It uses this to its advantage, most commonly shoving victims down stairs, either scaring the crap out of them or killing them outright. When it fully possesses an individual, it invades their mind, tearing apart the person inside before eradicating them. It then kills the individual's body and wears it like a costume, puppeteering their corpse until the body is unable to be utilized any longer, in which it is abandoned, leading to many cold murder cases.

When possessing a body, the Entity cannot feel pain so long as the host is dead. If the host is alive, the Entity can experience everything that the host can. If a host is killed before the Entity can take control, then the Entity will be destroyed as well, which is one of the only ways to get rid of the Entity. When fully possessing a corpse, the Entity also imbues the body with impossible strength, and seems capable of limited teleportation, able to emerge from closets or alleys it otherwise couldn't have logically reached when pursuing a victim. The body can be mutilated to insane degrees and continue to move and attack, making a possessed mundie nearly impossible to take down. Due to the unique costume the Entity chooses to give its bodies, it has become known simply as 'Ragface', a name easy to remember, and impossible to forget.

Other: The Entity is rumored to be as old as Death, but his new Ragface identity is only about 50 years old. The inspiration for the Entity takes from Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, and Leatherface.
Name: Ryker Valentine

Nickname: The Valentine Man

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Appearance: He looks like your every man, completely mundie in appearance- but being so much more. With slicked back black hair, graying along the sides, a full beard of grey hair, strong features, broad shoulders, and a swagger to every step he takes, he's clearly a vert confident middle-aged man. Wearing a bomber jacket and faded jeans, feet in black combat boots, he gives off a generally cool vibe, though not very threatening. His weapon of choice is a chain constantly wrapped around his arms and belt like some kind of harness.

Personality: Ryker is a cocky man who enters every confrontation, hostile or otherwise, with a swing in his hip and a swagger in his step. He shows no fear, instead working on making others feel uncomfortable around him. He gets in the personal space of others, talks inappropriately to others with vulgar, and essentially gives no craps about anything- except protecting his boss and meeting a quota. When he isn't trying to make you uncomfortable, he's very charismatic. He has a softer side, in that he cares about his subordinates and his boss, capable of gladly giving his life for any her cares about. He was chosen as the right hand man for his extremely charismatic prowess, the way he can rally others to a cause, and keep them to it by developing relationships with them. He's capable of making his followers enter a cult-like mentality, though he almost never takes advantage of that. He's extremely against rape, and abuse toward women, and takes pleasure in the death and mutilation of men. He's easily a ladies man, but is known to sometimes be a bro.

Origin Story: He wasn't always what he is. Once upon a time, Ryker Valentine was a normal man living a normal life, until one day, he met a Reaper. Ryker mistook this Reaper for Death, and in an unsual spur of confidence, he challenged this Reaper to a fiddle match. What this Reaper hadn't planned for was Ryker to be one of the greatest fiddle players to have walked the earth. When he won, the Reaper granted him with a prize. This Reaper showed him his life, his future, and his impact. Realizing his life was meaningless, Ryker attempted to find a purpose for himself, a chance to leave a lasting impression. At first, he became a missionary, traveling the world and helping others... but when he sought out the Reaper again, his fate hadn't changed. What many didn't know about Ryker was his dark obsession with death and decay. For all his life, he had ignored the horrible urges within, but now, he decided to indulge them. After discovering how much it pleased him, Ryker began his new life as a serial killer, this time traveling the world to claim lives, rather than save them. He loved it so much, that he planned to perform a massacre one day. Valentine's day, 1762, Ryker invaded a small town in Maine, in which he murdered all 481 residents in their sleep. The crime was only found in the morning by a courier, who was attacked by Ryker, but managed to escape. The courier traveled back to living civilazation, and thus began to the legend of the Valentine Man. Ryker embraced this, changing his last name to 'Valentine' (time forgot his original name), and designating Valentine's Day as a priority for killing. For seven long years, Ryker massacred settlement after settlement on this day, before he was ambushed by the Colonial Militia, and was shot dead, his body collapsing into a river before being dragged away. Legend tells the Reaper returned to him when he died, and showed him his new legacy. So proud of his accomplishment, Ryker murdered the Reaper, and returned to his body to continue this legacy he had built, forever twisted in the mind. He no longer commits a massacre every Valentine's Day, but he does make sure to get at least one kill in on this holiday, keeping his legacy alive.

Powers: While he might not seem like much, Ryker Valentine is not to be underestimated. Having killed a Reaper as a spirit, he actually gained its powers in the process, effectively becoming a replacement Reaper. So while he works for the big boss, ultimately, Ryker answers to Death. As an undead individual, Ryker is resistant to most physical forms of torment. He can sense death anywhere on the planet, and can see the future of other individuals. Having reclaimed his body, he is left in a perpetual age of 47. Like most Fables, he has enhanced physical abilities, but in particular his eyesight is good. He has obtained a sixth sense for detecting not only death, but life forces as well. This makes sneaking up on him almost impossible.

Family: Long dead and forgotten.

Other: Ryker's character takes inspiration from Ghost Rider, Negan, and Charles Manson.
Name: Laura Sullivan

Nickname: The Snow Stalker (to few)

Sexuality: Asexual

Appearance: Her wardrobe his difficult to keep track of, she changes styles so quickly and so suddenly. She could be gothic one day, preppy the next, Victorian era on Thursday, Cowgirl by the end of the week. However, there is one outfit she typically wears most commonly. A black winter vest over a red sweat shirt, a skirt, and combat boots. Alongside her fashion, her hair changes constantly as well. She keeps it shoulder-length, and dies it every other week, though her usual color is blonde, or black. Rarely does she select unnatural colors like blue or green. She's of average height and build, with a face that appears very innocent at first, but her eyes are sunken, dark circles unmoving from around them. To many, they'd say she looks 'dead inside'. Her skin is pale, light freckles sprinkled across her face, and her eyes a vivid blue.

Occupation: Part-Time Bartender at The Winged Lion after begging Manti to hire her, being in dire need of some income.

Personality: Due to her past, Laura is known to be rather impassive. She's apathetic and uncaring toward others and their plights, and she has an issue with holding grudges. She hates owing people anything, and will often go out of her way to pay back even a penny loaned to her. She's sarcastic and sassy, but has a soft side rarely seen. While she may outwardly be apathetic, she truly does care about others, and will go out of her way to save even the most undeserving of souls- so long as they're not a Wendigo. Harboring a deep, intense hatred for them, Laura will attack any Wendigo on sight, regardless if they're a member of the community or not. On the side, she also takes a deep interest in cold cases, and aspires to one day work with the detectives of Fabletown. This desire often leads her to accidentally messing with crime scenes and trying to help detectives regardless if they tell her to leave or not. Outside of that, she mostly keeps to herself, and nobody even knows where she lives.

Origin Story: A girl lost in the woods at barely 9. After a three-month-long investigation, it was determined that Laura Sullivan... had died. The world forgot about her, but she wasn't dead. Trapped in the deserts of Nevada, she wandered aimlessly throughout its harsh winter. This wasn't what made her legend. It was what hunted her. A Wendigo stalked Laura for five months after her disappearance, and she kept walking, making her way further and further up north, finding nobody. No sign of people. The Wendigo would come close at night, and attack. Laura, just a young girl, could barely fight it off. She knew it was toying with her. Waiting her out to claim its kill. Yet somehow, she persisted. For two years, she persisted. When she emerged at a village in Canada, she was taken in and cared for. The locals couldn't believe her story. The American police were called, and she was brought back home. She would have lived a normal life, but she couldn't forget her experience, and nobody believed her. She was called crazy. It was believed that she'd hallucinated the whole thing, her childish mind unable to comprehend. So on her fourteenth birthday, Laura left home with her father's rifle. The Wendigo required no silver bullets, just hard lead, lead she intended to deliver. In the winter of 1948, Laura returned to that desert, and challenged the Wendigo that had tormented her. It refused to show, so she hunted it- and she succeeded. Laura managed to find the Wendigo's lair, and shot it five times. Wounded, it fled, and thus began two months in which the hunter had become the hunted. Laura stalked the Wendigo along, taking shots whenever she could. Never missing. She stalked along through the snow, following the Wendigo until finally... she killed it. This is how the legend goes, at least. Laura was never seen again. Not by any who knew her, at least. Her story remains obscure, and even less believe it as truth.

Powers: Laura has incredible survival skills and a killer instinct. She's an expert hunter, and an excellent lie detector. While she isn't physically much stronger than any mundie, she fights smart- or she fights dirty. Whichever gets her a victory faster. She's also incredibly fast, and very light-footed, making her good for stealth on most occasions. As for her seeming immortality, it's believed she ate the heart of the Wendigo and gained some of its supernatural powers, though she will not confirm nor deny this.

Family: She doesn't like to remember.

Other: Laura is primarily based on Heather Mason from Silent Hill.

@DevVoid

Well, there's quite a few things I want to clarify..

1. None of the characters have the password in the Other section to ensure you've read the rules. That's kind of a big problem.

2. I know Shadow People are quite popular urban legends, but I'm not sure that Ragface's powers are below the set limit of five.

3. I understand Ragface is a Shadow Person, but what fairy tales/folklore are Ryker and Laura based on? I don't really see it in their names, and their origin story doesn't exactly explain it either. (With Laura for example; she's involved with the Wendigo, but no known real story of a human named Laura Sullivan interacting with- or hunting a Wendigo exists (that I can find). That's the whole thing with Fables - they're characters from pre-existing fairy tales, cryptids or stories involving said cryptids.)

4. None of the characters have their names referencing the story they're based on. Also with Ryker - we already have a grim reaper character. I'd just like to let you know beforehand.

comic

Well, there's quite a few things I want to clarify..

1. None of the characters have the password in the Other section to ensure you've read the rules. That's kind of a big problem.

2. I know Shadow People are quite popular urban legends, but I'm not sure that Ragface's powers are below the set limit of five.

3. I understand Ragface is a Shadow Person, but what fairy tales/folklore are Ryker and Laura based on? I don't really see it in their names, and their origin story doesn't exactly explain it either. (With Laura for example; she's involved with the Wendigo, but no known real story of a human named Laura Sullivan interacting with- or hunting a Wendigo exists (that I can find). That's the whole thing with Fables - they're characters from pre-existing fairy tales, cryptids or stories involving said cryptids.)

4. None of the characters have their names referencing the story they're based on. Also with Ryker - we already have a grim reaper character. I'd just like to let you know beforehand.
1) That's actually my bad. I spent long enough on the sheets that I forgot about that bit, resulting in me filling it with something else.

2) Dark Empath (Draining emotion and manipulating emotion, viewing and manipulating dreams, inducing fear, all befitting within this singular ability), Possession (Entering minds fully, amplifying its Dark Empathy, controlling minds and bodies. Puppeteering corpses), Limited Teleportation (Pretty standard, and limited to shadows. Teleporting in light is impossible), Supernatural Endowment (Making a possessed body or corpse be capable of superhuman feats), Standard Spirit Stuff (Being incorporeal, phasing through barriers, you know, ghost stuff). By my count, that's five.

3) Considering everything is OC's, I assumed nothing had to be actually entirely based on existing content. The whole point of an OC is to be an original character. Laura comes from the same vein in her story as the Woodsman does in Red Riding Hood. That's the logic behind there. You said "they're characters from pre-existing fairy tales, cryptids or stories involving said cryptids" which is the answer to your Laura question. Native American folklore is expansive and vague, leaving tons of room for interpretation. Ryker is inspiration taken from Bluebeard, who's literally just a guy that killed his wife, and was still a big player in the Fables comic, alongside taking some inspiration from Bloody Mary. An Urban Legend on both accounts.

4) Do you mean Death or someone else

DevVoid

1) That's actually my bad. I spent long enough on the sheets that I forgot about that bit, resulting in me filling it with something else.

2) Dark Empath (Draining emotion and manipulating emotion, viewing and manipulating dreams, inducing fear, all befitting within this singular ability), Possession (Entering minds fully, amplifying its Dark Empathy, controlling minds and bodies. Puppeteering corpses), Limited Teleportation (Pretty standard, and limited to shadows. Teleporting in light is impossible), Supernatural Endowment (Making a possessed body or corpse be capable of superhuman feats), Standard Spirit Stuff (Being incorporeal, phasing through barriers, you know, ghost stuff). By my count, that's five.

3) Considering everything is OC's, I assumed nothing had to be actually entirely based on existing content. The whole point of an OC is to be an original character. Laura comes from the same vein in her story as the Woodsman does in Red Riding Hood. That's the logic behind there. You said "they're characters from pre-existing fairy tales, cryptids or stories involving said cryptids" which is the answer to your Laura question. Native American folklore is expansive and vague, leaving tons of room for interpretation. Ryker is inspiration taken from Bluebeard, who's literally just a guy that killed his wife, and was still a big player in the Fables comic, alongside taking some inspiration from Bloody Mary. An Urban Legend on both accounts.

4) Do you mean Death or someone else

1. I understand that all too well, just wanted to let you know that I can't really accept your characters without at least one sheet having the password in it so I can be sure you've fully read the rules.

2. Now that makes it easier for me to understand. With all you've written in the powers section, I've kind of gotten lost on what played into one power and what was a separate power, so I thought to ask again for clarification. You're right - that is within the five power limit and not a problem.

3. Well, what I imagined is that it's a bit of both - OC's based on existing fables, but with a touch of your own ideas added to them. Taking a character from a fairy tale, then adding your own touch to it. That's the kind of idea I've had. Though, I guess Larua's story is good to go, considering as you've explained, Native American Folklore is pretty vague and I wouldn't know where to look to get exact stories involving the Wendigo.

4. I mean the Grim Reaper is the Personification of Death, so they're basically the same, aren't they? Anyhow, I was talking about @Shadow_Pup 's Character Grim, who is based on the Grim Reaper, AKA Death.

@DevVoid aren't non-fables/humans/mundys, unable to enter FableTown, or did i mis-read something?

Well, the common mundy is repelled from discovering Fabletown, though there has been an exception in the canon Fable Lore where a Mundy Journalist has stumbled into Fabletown. Generally, I can allow a select few mundies to discover Fabletown, but those mundies will also be in serious danger by the Fables living there because the Fables take hiding their community very serious.

comic

1. I understand that all too well, just wanted to let you know that I can't really accept your characters without at least one sheet having the password in it so I can be sure you've fully read the rules.

2. Now that makes it easier for me to understand. With all you've written in the powers section, I've kind of gotten lost on what played into one power and what was a separate power, so I thought to ask again for clarification. You're right - that is within the five power limit and not a problem.

3. Well, what I imagined is that it's a bit of both - OC's based on existing fables, but with a touch of your own ideas added to them. Taking a character from a fairy tale, then adding your own touch to it. That's the kind of idea I've had. Though, I guess Larua's story is good to go, considering as you've explained, Native American Folklore is pretty vague and I wouldn't know where to look to get exact stories involving the Wendigo.

4. I mean the Grim Reaper is the Personification of Death, so they're basically the same, aren't they? Anyhow, I was talking about @Shadow_Pup 's Character Grim, who is based on the Grim Reaper, AKA Death.

Well, the common mundy is repelled from discovering Fabletown, though there has been an exception in the canon Fable Lore where a Mundy Journalist has stumbled into Fabletown. Generally, I can allow a select few mundies to discover Fabletown, but those mundies will also be in serious danger by the Fables living there because the Fables take hiding their community very serious.
1) Now look, ya bean burrito

4) Ryker would be an agent to him, tho not by choice.

Here's my last character to fit the third slot.

Name: Fang V. Ampirest
Nickname: Fang
Appearance: He is a light skinned young male with a well lean masculine build. He has black hair with white at the bottom and highlights of light grey on it which is slightly long in the back. He has heterochromia light blue and emerald green eyes as his bang covers his emerald green colored eye matching the same color as his hair. He wears a casual buttoned up shirt and skinny jeaned pants and comfortable shoes on his feet. He does wear a black cross around his neck that does not hurt him with glasses upon his face. He has a long scar from his neck down his back forming other scars which he had recieved from a fight recently which involved silver torcher as he refused to fight back and go crazy but mostly of it is hidden as only the neck part of his scar is shown
Occupation: Part-time Waiter at The Winged Lion to help pay for his rent, and food for his two cats
Personality: He is mostly a loner as he keeps to himself most of the time but he doesn't do it intentionally as he only does it to not hurt others. He has a quiet and calm nature and will speak his mind when something is not quiet right. He also has a gentle nature and will respect others below, ladies, and above him with the outer most respect. He can sometimes be stubborn.
Origin Story: A vampire is a creature from a forklore that fed on the vital essence of the living. Their entities have been recorded in most cultures. The term of vampire was popularized in Western Europe after reports of the 18th century mass hysteria of a pre-existing fork tale belief in the Balkans and Eastern Europe that resulted in some cases, corpses being staked and people being accused of vampirism. Early folk belief in vampires has sometimes been ascribed to the ignorance of the body's process of decomposition after death and how people in pre-industrial societies tried to rationalize this by creating the figure of the vampire to explain the mysteries of death.
Powers:

Physical Strength: Vampires have incredible strong strength as a vampire ages, it will increase 3x to human strength

Healing: Vampires can heal injuries recently quickly ( if it's a knife injury for example) that can be healed quickly as long as they have fed recently but if they haven't fed in a long while, then their injuries take more time to heal

SuperHuman Speed: Vampire's can move in a blurring speed of light which is so fast that a human is unable to see it, thus this is what helps a vampire catch prey easily

Immortality: Vampires are immortal if they fed properly but that doesn't mean they are impossible to kill

Senses: Vampires can see, hear, and smell without a problem at all

Family: All tragically went deceased
Other: He always make a vow to never abandoned others in need of help even if they are blind. Sunlight doesn't bother him but he will sometimes get lightheaded if he stands in it way too long. Silver can seriously harm him as the healing process is a the speed of a human which can leave scars after the effect of touching it. Holy water can also cause massive damage to him and even fire which is mostly like death to him if touched by it. Other fables can harm him if they used the proper items if they want to serious harm him. Cryptid

@DevVoid

Last edited:

DevVoid

@DevVoid I posted a last character if you didn't see it
Oh, my apologies, I must've missed it.

Reading up on it, he seems almost good to go. I've been pondering a bit about his supernatural speed since you described as him being able to move 'in a blurring speed of light', which is just WAYY too fast considering how quick the actual speed of light is. But, I'm assuming you just mean that he can move faster then the human eye can perceive, which in itself is alright. If you meant it that way and not by him being able to move at the actual speed of light, then he's accepted.

DevVoid

I don't have to make an enforcer though, right? 'Cause I was thinking something more along the lines of a... musician.
Oh, you don't have to. Was just a suggestion, that's all. A character can take any occupation you want them to - it's just that the important roles like the Sheriff or the Enforcers are integral to the story.

Name: Stefan "Brook" Horse
Nickname:
Brook
Sexuality: Bisexual, generally uninterested
Appearance: Though a lesser known being in America, Bäckahästen (the Brook Horse) is a very well known creature in Scania, meaning that he can transform between his horse form and his "human" form. This evil horse is a very beautiful white horse, whose looks trick children into climbing on top of its back. It's a big horse too, and as more children climb on, the Brook Horse's back expands to fit more children. You can identify the Brook Horse by looking into its mouth. Its teeth are very sharp, which gives away the fact that it's not a normal horse.

Now to its "human" form, also the more known of the two. This creature is no human, yet it looks like one. It's called Näcken (the Nix,) and is one of the most beautiful creatures alive (this is something most people agree on, however, some say that the Nix wasn't beautiful at all, instead being an old man dressed in grey with a red hat.) Stefan Horse has somewhat curly, brown hair, and he has a beard in the form of a light stubble. He is a white man with blue eyes, and his chest is a bit hairy. When in town he dresses in a plain white T-Shirt, a pair of blue jeans and black sneakers. When he's hanging around brooks and creeks, he is almost always in the nude.

Personality: The Brook Horse doesn't have much of a personality, except for the fact that he likes tricking and drowning children. As a very beautiful, big horse, many children can't resist the urge to climb onto its back. When the Brook Horse feels like there are enough children on his back, he'll run into a nearby body of water, generally a brook or creek, and drown them.

When Stefan turns into his regular form he's a very persuasive and cunning man. He's also a killer, but he goes about killing his victims in a different way. He doesn't really consider anyone his friend, but he is not antisocial and has no problem talking to strangers. Considering that he is an evil water spirit, he loves water. His love for water is only matched by his love for music. He's calm and people seem to think that he's a pretty cool dude to hang out with, unknowing of the fact that he's a murderer.

Origin Story: The story about the Nix varies from place to place, but it almost always served as a warning for children to go too close to the water. Little did the parents know that the Nix was in fact real, and they were almost just like they told. Beautiful, nude men who hang around brooks, creeks and lakes. They were masters at playing the violin, and if people came with gifts such as three drops of blood, a black animal or some Scandinavian vodka, they could teach them the instrument. If someone was really good at playing the violin, there was often a rumour that they had been to the Nix and learnt. But the Nix wasn't just a teacher. As I've said, they were killers, luring people into the water with their playing of the violin. They played so well that the people who heard couldn't help but follow the music. When they were at the Nix, he would either persuade them to come into the water, or they would just continue walking. When they were in the water, he would drown them. Like most Scandinavian folklore, the Nix fears Christianity. He would often sing sad songs about his loneliness and salvation, which he would never receive as he was not a "child of God." They could also be defeated if someone called their name. This was thought to cause death, however, it has never been confirmed.

The Brook Horse were similar to the Nix, hence why people thought they were one and the same. Evil water spirits, they were very majestic, which they used to trick children into climbing onto their back. Their backs would expand as more children climbed on, and then they would run straight into a lake, creek or brook and drown the poor children. The Brook Horse was also believed to kill regular horses, but this was not as common. Just like the Nix, they feared Christianity and could be defeated by a crucifix, which would cause them to drop the children and run off. You could also throw a piece of steel between the horse and the water, which would hinder them from taking that route, and they would drop the children (if I understood it correctly.)

Powers:
Shapeshifting: The Nix could take many forms, such as a young boy, an old man or even a cat, but the most popular was the Brook Horse and the man I described earlier.

Playing the violin: The Nix were so good at playing the violin that the people who heard it couldn't help but go and listen. Also, if you started dancing you wouldn't be able to stop until sundown. (Of course, this could be overcome if you can block out the music.)

Underwater breathing: They could stay under the water for an inhuman amount of time, some stories even telling that they had their own kingdoms under the surface.

Family: None
Other: Sometimes I hear that there was only one, sometimes I hear that there were multiple. This is the version where there are multiple of them. Also, "Cryptid."

DevVoid

Name: Stefan "Brook" Horse
Nickname:
Brook
Sexuality: Bisexual, generally uninterested
Appearance: Though a lesser known being in America, Bäckahästen (the Brook Horse) is a very well known creature in Scania, meaning that he can transform between his horse form and his "human" form. This evil horse is a very beautiful white horse, whose looks trick children into climbing on top of its back. It's a big horse too, and as more children climb on, the Brook Horse's back expands to fit more children. You can identify the Brook Horse by looking into its mouth. Its teeth are very sharp, which gives away the fact that it's not a normal horse.

Now to its "human" form, also the more known of the two. This creature is no human, yet it looks like one. It's called Näcken (the Nix,) and is one of the most beautiful creatures alive (this is something most people agree on, however, some say that the Nix wasn't beautiful at all, instead being an old man dressed in grey with a red hat.) Stefan Horse has somewhat curly, brown hair, and he has a beard in the form of a light stubble. He is a white man with blue eyes, and his chest is a bit hairy. When in town he dresses in a plain white T-Shirt, a pair of blue jeans and black sneakers. When he's hanging around brooks and creeks, he is almost always in the nude.

Personality: The Brook Horse doesn't have much of a personality, except for the fact that he likes tricking and drowning children. As a very beautiful, big horse, many children can't resist the urge to climb onto its back. When the Brook Horse feels like there are enough children on his back, he'll run into a nearby body of water, generally a brook or creek, and drown them.

When Stefan turns into his regular form he's a very persuasive and cunning man. He's also a killer, but he goes about killing his victims in a different way. He doesn't really consider anyone his friend, but he is not antisocial and has no problem talking to strangers. Considering that he is an evil water spirit, he loves water. His love for water is only matched by his love for music. He's calm and people seem to think that he's a pretty cool dude to hang out with, unknowing of the fact that he's a murderer.

Origin Story: The story about the Nix varies from place to place, but it almost always served as a warning for children to go too close to the water. Little did the parents know that the Nix was in fact real, and they were almost just like they told. Beautiful, nude men who hang around brooks, creeks and lakes. They were masters at playing the violin, and if people came with gifts such as three drops of blood, a black animal or some Scandinavian vodka, they could teach them the instrument. If someone was really good at playing the violin, there was often a rumour that they had been to the Nix and learnt. But the Nix wasn't just a teacher. As I've said, they were killers, luring people into the water with their playing of the violin. They played so well that the people who heard couldn't help but follow the music. When they were at the Nix, he would either persuade them to come into the water, or they would just continue walking. When they were in the water, he would drown them. Like most Scandinavian folklore, the Nix fears Christianity. He would often sing sad songs about his loneliness and salvation, which he would never receive as he was not a "child of God." They could also be defeated if someone called their name. This was thought to cause death, however, it has never been confirmed.

The Brook Horse were similar to the Nix, hence why people thought they were one and the same. Evil water spirits, they were very majestic, which they used to trick children into climbing onto their back. Their backs would expand as more children climbed on, and then they would run straight into a lake, creek or brook and drown the poor children. The Brook Horse was also believed to kill regular horses, but this was not as common. Just like the Nix, they feared Christianity and could be defeated by a crucifix, which would cause them to drop the children and run off. You could also throw a piece of steel between the horse and the water, which would hinder them from taking that route, and they would drop the children (if I understood it correctly.)

Powers:
Shapeshifting: The Nix could take many forms, such as a young boy, an old man or even a cat, but the most popular was the Brook Horse and the man I described earlier.

Playing the violin: The Nix were so good at playing the violin that the people who heard it couldn't help but go and listen. Also, if you started dancing you wouldn't be able to stop until sundown. (Of course, this could be overcome if you can block out the music.)

Underwater breathing: They could stay under the water for an inhuman amount of time, some stories even telling that they had their own kingdoms under the surface.

Family: None
Other: Sometimes I hear that there was only one, sometimes I hear that there were multiple. This is the version where there are multiple of them. Also, "Cryptid."
Interesting choice! Accepted, welcome aboard.