• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Exploration of the Froena Region

While everyone did their own thing, Azure wandered off into the forest, hoping to chatch something. His partner Lumina had been silent for a while, and wasn't reacting to anything, though not appearing to sleep. There was no Nurse Joy who could look at her. "Man, I hope I can discover what's wrong..." He walked until he found a Kadabra who seemed to be struggling to find something or someone. "What's wrong?" The Kadabra told Azure it didn't know where his partner would be. It showed Azure a nest, filed with four eggs. One was Yellow just like the Kadabra, and the other three were reddish-brown and had yellow markings. Azure accepted the quest and walked on through the forest until finding ahidden entrance to a small cave were sounds were coming from. Azure took out his flashlight and turned it on. He saw a Hawlucha just standing there, sometimes smashing a rock every once in a while. Azure walked up to the Hawlucha, and the Hawlucha seemed frustrated. Azure sent out his Pidgeotto to be able to understand it. It told Azure that it never got the chance to fight, and always had to guard a stupid nest with eggs. It clearly wanted to battle. "Ehm, okay." He sent his Pidgeotto into battle, because of the type advantage. But the Hawlucha waited. "I need to send out all of my pokemon?" He put Lumina next to Spot and sent out Scribble on the other side. "Sure, why not?"

The battle initiated. "Scribble, Bubble Beam! Spot, Sand Attack! And Lumina, Moonblast!" The Dewpider and Pidgeotto obeyed and shot a beam of bubbles and a spray of sand from the cave floor at the hawlucha, dealing some damage and lowering it's accuracy. However, the Morelull didn't obey and walked towards a few roots sticking out of the wall to suck some nutrients. "Lumina! Now's not the time for that!" It disobeyed him. "Okay, sure!" The Hawlucha had landed an attack on the Pidgeotto, sending it flying into the cave's ceiling. "Scribble, Bug Bite!" Scribble would land the attack, but it did little damage. "So that's what it looks like." The Hawlucha jumped at the Pidgeotto and slammed it left to right multiple times, he then used a Flying Press when it was low and squashed it into the cave floor. "Spot!" Spot had fainted, but Azure was too busy to return it since Hawlucha was about to fiercely attack his Dewpider. But Dewpider dodged very neatly. It then looked at Spot and then back at the Hawlucha, full of rage, appearantly. It created a giant bubble which restored the pokemon's HP a little, a move known as Aqua Ring. Lumina suddenly jumped in the middle, ready for combat. And at the moment that the Aqua Ring also reached Spot, Scribble started to glow very quickly, and Lumina slowly started to shine greenish. The greenish shine soon transformed into the same light as Dewpider's.

"Lumina! Scribble!" Scribbles' four legs got bigger and two were added. Its body grew bigger, and so did the bubble. The Morelull would have its mushrooms combine and it's entire body would grow into a green and pink-blue mushroom. The glow exploded and there they stood.
An Araquanid and a Shiinotic.
"Shi! No-shi!" The Shiinotic looked at Azure. "So that's why you were disobeying me! You needed some tree roots! I get it now." He sent it to battle. "Lumina, Moonblast! Scribble, B-huh?" Scribble was nowhere to be found, until it jumped from the ceiling and bit Hawlucha. "You learned Bite and Aqua Ring... Wow..." Lumina's attack landed as well, and sent the Hawlucha flying into the wall. It stopped the battle. The Hawlucha then happily walked with Azure to meet the Kadabra and guard the nest for a while. The pair had a thank you present for him. "Kada!" "Lucha." They rolled one of the reddish-brown eggs to Azure, wanting him to take it. "For me? Th-thank you!" He picked up the egg and put it in his arms. He waved at the pair as he walked off on his adventure.

"As I was going to say," William said as he wrapped his arms around Drusilla, "no real way to know right off hand. I could get a hold of him but I'd prefer not. Anyway," he stated as he walked further in, leaving Drusilla standing in the door.

When William was standing right beside Halt, he turned back to the doorway and casually pointed at Drusilla. She was muttering to herself and when she wasn't doing that, she was staring at Halt with the intense yet glassy stare that's usually seen in the severely mentally unhinged. "That is Drusilla, the love of my life. She is the best example we have of what happens when Angel is allowed to do whatever he wants to someone," he told Halt solemnly. Houndoom had firmly placed himself between Drusilla's Hypno and the other men in the room. That same Hypno was watching Halt, his pendulum arm tense as though he was ready to raise it at any moment.
Halt shook his head. "Should've been stronger. Let Angel come at me. She couldn't touch me." He said. Turning to William, he said, "Now where is he? You were told to take me their. Unless you want me to bring it up with his royal pain-in-the-butt?" Lucario saw the pendulum arm raise, and he summoned a small aura sphere. It blasted to the pendulum, knocking it out of the Hypno's hand.

Storm kept her steady gaze on Qin with a flick of her ear. She pawed at the ground, trying to draw the all too familiar symbol of the Sun surrounded by three stars. However, without fingers all she could manage was a few rough lines in the dirt. She brayed softly at him, this time in concern.

~~~~~
William rolled his eyes at Halt, barely holding onto his temper. He led Halt past Dru, who was fawning over her shocked Hypno. "Drusilla is plenty strong. Angel is just a monster among men," William asserted.

Back through the underground tunnel and up to the third floor, William led Halt to a large room that looked like a cross between a dungeon and a mixed martial arts classroom. Inside was a very muscular man. Handsome with clear skin and dark brown hair, the man was leaning over a growlithe who was tied down in the dungeon part of the room. "Not so tough for a growlithe, are you?" The man muttered disdainfully.

(OOC: Not my best work but I'm rushed)

"Growlithe's are weak unless they get a fire stone." Halt called over to the mumbling man. He walked to the person and mimicked to the Growlithe. "Why not get an Arcanine? They are a much bigger challenge?" Lucario stepped up behind him, ready with the aura in case of an attack on them.

"I know Arcanines are more powerful; that's just common sense. Believe me, being able to break fully evolved pokemon is a dream come true for me. Unfortunately, they take much longer to break and I have a bit of a quota," he said as he walked over to a spicket on the wall. The dungeon like area was also in a slight indent, almost like a kiddie pool but deeper.

"Halt, meet Angel; Angel, meet Halt. He's your new trainee," William said bitterly, knowing the poor pup must be going through terrible suffering.

"New trainee? One of those brats from the boat?" Angel asked with a smirk. He turned a knob, sealing off the only drain in the dungeon. He then turned on the spicket, letting the area fill so rapidly with water that it was almost like a pipe had busted. The growlithe became terrified seeing the water close in on him. If Angel let the water reach the edge of the pool, the pup probably wouldn't be able to hold his head above water; at least, not while tied down on his belly.

As the pup struggled, Angel went over to a projector and started working on getting it booted up.

"Looks like a brat from the boat beat up the attack squad you sent after us." Halt said to the guy. He stepped up to the spocket, and turned it off. "And don't call me a brat, and look at me when I'm talking." He stated forcefully. Lucario was prepared to put the aura around Halt, but stood back incase of an attack. It was what Halt wanted from him, Lucario could tell.

Angel glared at Halt and scoffed. "You beat Darla, what was it, four of you to one of her? And she's barely a challenge, anyway. And would you mind turning that on? I have work to do!" He snapped before going back to the projector, having trouble with the machine. "Technology..." he muttered.

"Darla was weak, and overcome with rage. Couldn't control her pokemon. Left them to basically die." Halt said blankly. Leaving the spicket off, he stepped to the projector. Halt hit its side twice, and pressed two buttons. The machine activated. "Now, will you stop being an %&£*~¿ And listen?"

"You talk like I can't do that while I work," Angel laughed with his usual smirk in place. "Thanks for taking care of that by the way; most trainees just stand there like I'll stab them or something."

"Barring the fact that you did, of course, kill one of your trainees and nearly ruined the biggest business opportunity the Order has ever had," William said smugly from the doorway.

"That was one time and he was asking for it! Damn brat was trying to destroy my pokeballs. Not that my pokemon would leave- they're far too broken to consider that- but it's the principal, you know," Angel said, his expression indicating he had been seriously wronged.

"I understand fully what they mean. I mean, you are torturing a Growlithe right now and there's a rack of swords in arms reach of you." Halt said, humor evident in his voice. He was tryning to get Angel to snap. Always a fun thing to do, make people snap.

Turtwig had trained vigorously and beaten every Poliwhirl it went up against, including the one that evolved into Poliwrath during the battle.

"Great job Turtwig," Kaleb said to the happy little grass type. They walked off into the forest, and Kaleb was walking past a huge rock and saw two Salandit surrounding something.

"It's an egg!" he said. "We have to help it! Lairon, let's go!"

The Steel type popped out and saw the Salandit. He was confident, as he was immune to their Venoshock and Toxic attacks and he could easily beat them with Rock Slide.

"Lairon, Rock Slide!" Kaleb called out. He obeyed, and the Salandit were immobilized by the flying rocks. "Now, Iron Head!" Lairon's head glowed, and he charged at them and smashed his head straight into their side, causing them to fly back. When they got back up, they scurried off into the forest, leaving Kaleb with the blue and orange egg.

"I wonder what egg it is," he said to himself. He looked around, but didn't see a mother anywhere. "I guess I should probably take care of it," he said, and he picked up the egg.

Asher kept low to the ground, one hand on Shellder and the other draped by his side almost scraping against the floor. But at leaning forward, a twig snapped underneath Asher he gasped- yet he was prepared to fight the already weakened Salandits. However, the bandits split in a second, leaving a much stronger opponent before the group. The Skuntank let out a low hiss before turning an spraying a cloud of toxic gasses at her assumed threats, Shellder was quick to user Super Sonic it's echoing voice broke up most of the poisonous fumes. "Let's go Geodude!" Asher then called out, he was surprised that the rock-type had yet to evolve and hoped this battle would help his pokemon.

Jason woke up in the cave he had been sleeping in. It was his third day on the island after the shipwreck, and he still had found no other humans.

"Magnemite, Thundershock," he said to his only Pokémon. It obeyed, and lit up the cave wth the weak electric attack. There was nothing there. He decided to explore the cave.

After a while of walking, he tripped over a big chunk of rock sticking out of the ground. "Wait a second, that's a fossil!" he said. He picked it up and put it in his bag. He started to turn around to leave the cave, but a flying figure approached him, and he squinted until he was able to make out a Zubat.

"Alright, Magnemite, time for you to battle," he said. "Use Thundershock."

The Magnemite obeyed, and the Zubat was weakened by the attack. It tried to use Leech Life, but Magnemite used Supersonic, and the confused Zubat crashed into the cavern wall as Jason threw a pokeball at it, and successfully caught it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------–----------------

Kaleb was walking around, with the egg in his bag, and he saw a cavern in the nearby mountains. He heard a loud crash coming out from the entrance, and he ran inside the cavern, and he saw Jason standing there, holding up the pokeball of his new Zubat.

"Who are you?" Kaleb asked.

"Who are YOU?" Jason asked back. The two stared at each other for a moment.

"Are you another survivor?" Kaleb finally asked.

"Yeah, from the shipwreck right?" Jason replied

"Yep, exactly," Kaleb said. At least it wasn't another Auralian. "Are you alone?" he asked.

"Yeah, haven't seen anybody else until you showed up," Jason told him.

"There's a group of us survivors on the island, but we're kind of split up at the moment," Kaleb said. Jason nodded. "Follow me so you can meet some of the others."

Last edited by a moderator:
While the Stuntank mother was standing down the trainers, the Salandits slid back out of the bushes. Running as fast as they could, they darted forward, taking an egg from the nest while the mother was distracted and confused.

Trusting Asher to handle the mother, Finna took her shiny Stufful, now known as Winnie, and chased after the egg thieves. Grabbing a rock, the young woman threw it at the fire types, gaining their attention. Winnie leaped from Finna's arms and growled. Even though the growl was adorable, the Salandits realized what pokemon this was. Realizing she must have something they consider a threat, Finna just told them, "Hand over the egg, boys. We both know plenty of pokemon are breeding and I'm pretty sure neither of you want to take a brutal swing."

The males looked at each other in fright before scurrying off, leaving the purple and white egg behind. Going back to the mother was asking to be attacked. The notion of a mother pokemon defending her young... Finna couldn't help but run her fingers over her facial scar at the thought.

~~~~~
Angel's smirk grew into a proud smile. "You noticed them?" he beamed as he strode over to the sword wall. He picked one up and skillfully twirled it by the handle to hold it in his powerful grip. "Swords are a favorite of mine. You'll learn to use them to but this is my private collection," he boasted. Then he seemed to remember something.

"Anyway, you're first task is to watch and learn how to break a pokemon. The Kanto government has decided to use more tamed growlithes for their police force after a non broken one attacked a man. He had smelled like drugs but it turned out to be a prescription and the city was sued as a result. Kanto wanted a hundred to test them out and this is the last of the batch," he explained as he turned the water back on, terrifying the fire type.

"A properly broken pokemon will be something like an intelligent, adaptable puppet. It'll think and respond but it will be reliant on you to decide for it. Train it however you want, yes, but it can no longer survive on its own or be away from the one it's told to call Master. My own pokemon have been cultivated by yours truly to have such a mindset," he told Halt as he came back to the projector.

~~~~~
What had started as a pokemon catching journey had turned into Asriel staying nearb Qin as he worked on his many sketches. They were of the landscapes they had seen, Darla's attack, the battle royal, and his map.

"Golden nightflowers," he named as he crouched down by one of the glowing plants that had bloomed once night had risen. Before he went to draw one, he took a smaller one and placed it behind his ear, replacing his other golden flower which was starting to wither.

Just when he was starting to really form a picture of the flower in his book, he heard a buzzing noise. He looked up and saw a little yellow bug pokemon buzzing around his new flower. "Cutiefly?" he recognized in the dim light of the moon.

"Cu?" The pokemon responded, taking her face out of the flower. She had pollen dust all over her little cheeks; Asriel could feel himself melting inside. "Awwwww," he said as he put down his sketchbook. Plucking a larger flower, he angled it in his hand so that the cutie of a Cutiefly could feed while resting on his hand. "You sure are a cutie pie of a Cutiefly," he told her shyly.

"Cutie!" She joyfully cried as she buzzed up to nuzzle his cheek. As she went back down to the flower, Asriel decided he'd catch her. Later, though. For now, she could feast to her heart's content.

Kaleb and Jason walked back to where Kaleb had last seen Asriel. He saw Asriel standing, and a Cutiefly buzzing around him.

"That one of your adventurer friends?" Jason asked Kaleb.

"Yeah, that's Asriel. He's kinda like the leader of the group," he told Jason. He ran up to Asriel.

"Hey Asriel," he said. "There's somebody I'd like you to meet." Jason walked over. "This is Jason. I met him in a cave just after he caught a Zubat." He was stranded after the shipwreck, like the rest of us."

Jason gruffly held out his hand for a handshake. "Good to meet you," he said.

Qin blanked, his eyes slowly shifting from Storm to the scraggy set of lines she'd pawed into the ground. He hadn't the slightest clue what she was trying to say but a nagging feeling told him it was important. He started more intently and the diagram that could only be generously described as scribbles. He could make out that the image was constructed of 4 bodies. With a larger line surrounded by three smaller ones. However, he couldn't quite make out what each line was. Shaking his head in resignation he called out to Asriel, hoping to have a second opinion on the matter.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Quilla regained conscience to warm, wet, and chillingly cold. Warm described the slender object she could feel caressing her face, it drew repeated, near desperate lines from her neck to her ears. It was a familiar feeling, but one she couldn't quite remember in her groggy state. Though, why was she this groggy? She felt as her limbs as solid steel beams, completely immovable, the surface beneath her rough, and grainy. This... was certainly not her bed, so where was she? As question after question emerged in her mind, she turned to her rather fuzzy memories. The most recent thing she remembered was being with her brother... on a boat to... where was it again?... Froena? Yes, that was it, the name of the region was called Froena. She could faintly recall that the professors had sent a small group of trainers to explore the uninhabited Froena region, but then... something happened. They were attacked by a Gyarados and the ship... SUNK!!

Quilla quivered as all her most recent memories came rushing back. She remembered the explosion that rocked the ship, she remembered careening over the railings and falling headfirst into the sea, and she vaguely remembered hanging onto something for dear life. Her eyelids batted repeatedly as she struggled to suppress her fatigue and awaken. A few moments later her eyes were opened and the first thing she could see was a tongue sweeping over her face. The tongue's owner named Ignyx her Pontya, who'd somehow broken free of his Pokeball, seemed delighted as it realized it's trainer was finally awake. Each neigh or snort of joy send cascades of heated air from its snout onto Quilla's face, which she had to admit, felt pleasant in contrast to the rest of her body which was freezing.

After taking a few minutes to: orient herself, dry off with Ignyx's flames, and take a quick survey of her surroundings. She came to a few conclusions.

1) She had somehow managed to drift to shore, or rather was carried to shore. That's what she assumed upon seeing the Pokemon perched on the shoreline, a Lapras, which tilted it's head and stared at her with curiosity.
2) She had no clue where she was. This one was quite self-explanatory.
3) She had the devil's own luck, seeing as she managed to retain the majority of her items and even her Poketch remained operational.
4) The others had also managed to escape the sinking ship. That or Ice bridges that stretched into the ocean for no reason were completely normal occurrences in Froena.

Of all her findings the first had the most priority. She stared blankly at the Lapras which kindly returned the gesture. From the amusement present in its gaze, she figured she looked quite comical, but fixing her appearance would have to wait until after she had dealt with the situation at hand. A situation which quickly turned rather awkward. The three parties, Ignyx, Quilla and the Lapras stood in a triangle and exchanged glances. Each one attempting to be more silent and unnerving than the last. The sound of the waves crashing against the beach steadily marked the passage of time. After the about one-hundredth tide, Quilla silently removed a Pokeball from her waist, walked up to Lapras and tapped it on the head. The Lapras disappeared in a flash of light and the Pokeball nestled between Quilla's pale coco fingers trembled slightly before giving off a soft 'click'.

Blinking repeatedly at the Pokeball, and her new Pokemon within it Quilla mused. This was certainly the easiest capture she had ever experienced in her life, but she wasn't going to complain,
"I think... I'll name you... Ausytra!! After the Aurora Australis."

Feeling quite pleased with herself and her latest catch Quilla returned Ignyx to his Pokeball before taking a more extensive survey of her surroundings. The white sand beach she was currently on was breathtakingly beautiful, the drifting chunks of ice that had broken off from the Ice bridge floated across the beachfront filtering the sunlight into soft rays. The sunbeams hitting the beach dyed sand grains the golden color of the setting sun in which hovered in the background. Wait, setting sun!? How long had she been unconscious!? Quilla felt a headache setting in but now wasn't the time to be crippled by affliction. She had to secure a source of food and water. Off to the east, she noticed a river which seemed to run from further inland and emptied into the ocean.

Without a better plan of action, she decided she'd follow the river to its source which hopefully would be a freshwater lake.

"Alright, Ausytra You're up!"

Tossing her Pokeball into the air a blinding flash of light morphed into the figure of Ausytra, the Lapras. A quick hop took her from her current location to Ausytra's shell, and as she landed she staggered, a wave of vertigo slamming into her, threating to steal her conscience. Her right hand immediately flew to her mouth as she stifled the urge to empty her stomach, and her remaining arm wrapped itself tightly around Ausy's neck. She sat down sidesaddle as the soothing rocking of Ausy's body atop the waves calmed her.

She tapped Lapras' neck, prompting it to set off at a steady paddle upstream. Using Ausy's shell as support she leaned back, closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. Allowing the aquatic Pokemon to slowly ferry her inland.

Asher took a step back, but the Skuntank allowed little time for preparations. Opening her mouth to release a mass of flames, Shellder combated the move with Water-gun before Geodude went in with a Bulldoze and collided with the female. "There we go!" Asher praised his pokemon before commanding Geodude to use Magnitude seeing that he was already so close to his opponent. The Skuntank fell to her knees and growled, and after a moment she was up again. This wasn't just a battle, Asher began to think... she was protecting her babies, after all. "Mudbomb, Geodude, aim for the face." Asher called out to his pokemon who obliged, and in that slight moment of blindness for the Skuntank, Asher and his team sprinted away to meet Finna.

Asriel looked up when Kaleb and the new boy, Jason, approached. He waved and smiled cheekily but before he could speak, Qin was calling him over. Walking over with Cutie Pie still buzzing around him, Asriel couldn't help but wonder at Kaleb. "Sure hope the Auralians don't have a young adult pretending to be a survivor," he muttered to himself crossly.

He inspected Storm's hoof scratches closely but wasn't able to determine anything. As the two men discussed it, Storm looked into the distance. She saw Finna and Asher, celebrating over the egg they had gotten. The Zebstrika brayed sadly before she hung her head low.

Finna was trying to clean the head off in the river before hugging Asher with one arm. Storm saw it all; she could tell Finna could be happy with these humans. Finna could only hope she would let herself be...

"What could she be trying to tell us? I can't tell anything from these scratches," Asriel told Qin, shaking his head.
~~~~~
Finna knelt by the river to try to clean the egg off as it had gotten covered in debris. "A bit careless of those Salandits," she told Winnie, who was curiously sniffing the egg. "They could have broken it with how fast they were going. Mind you, they need to anyway to feed but splattering supper everywhere wouldn't have done them much good," she rambled as she held the egg up, trying to gauge how much the life inside had grown.

"No dice," she told the Stufful. "I'll have to wait for the sun to rise before I can try to guess a hatch date," she explained. When Asher emerged from the tees, she gently placed the egg down and ran to him, wrapping him in a one armed hug. "We did it," she beamed.

Spade was sitting at the waters edge of the pond she was at as everyone left, her eyes watching as the light danced across the water. After awhile a small sound came from the bushes making Spade turn her head, she slowly stood up scanning the line of the bushes before noticing a small movement.

Spade walked up closer to the bush before a Fomantis leaped out with a screech. Stumbling back Spade caught herself, a hand grabbed one of her pokéballs before tossing it in front of her "Vanish, Fire spin!". The candle pokémon appeared in a white light before nodding, as he sent the attack at the grass type in front of them. The Fomantis was now surrounded by flames frantically trying to escape, before the flames shot inwards dealing a good amount of damage to the grass type. Hissing the Fomantis glowed a dim green, pulling an orb of light from Vanish sending it to itself, before Vanish hopped back having the energy drained from it. "It knows giga drain?" Spade questioned before shaking her head "Ember!", Vanish narrowed his eyes before spitting out a small ball of fire, having it hit the Fomantis.

The grass type knelt down coughing before Spade threw a pokéball at the small pokémon, it shook a few times before it clicked. "Yes, I caught it! Thanks Vanish", after returning the fire/ghost type she smiled a little placing the newly filled pokéball on her belt.

Asher froze at Finna's embrace, he then brushed it off as smoothly as he could have before patting Shellder, "Nice work, you two." he praised the pokemon before returning both of them. He looked down at his egg, it was so much different form Finna's, wondering what was inside. He looked up to see the familiar figures of his fellow survivors as well as a stranger- he narrowed his eyes and shifted, this new guy better not be after Finna. Catching himself with the rather odd thought, Asher shook his head before taking a step backwards, suddenly Monferno appeared beside him- the fire-type obviously expected Asher to allow him freedom much earlier. "Seems like there are more people on this island than any of us had planned." he muttered mostly to himself.

"Could it be more people from your boat?" Finna asked him as she walked towards the group. She was concerned for Storm; the Zebra pokemon looked so depressed.

"If he is a member of the Order, he'll have an insignia of the sun with three stars surrounding out sewn into his outfit somewhere. It's their way of ident9fying each other without standing out like sore thumbs," she explained to Asher in a whisper as they approached the group.

"Hey Asher. Hey Finna," Kaleb said to them as they approached the group. "This is Jason. He survived the shipwreck."

"Good to meet you," Jason said. He was wondering how many of them survived the shipwreck. He had counted four so far, not knowing that Finna came from the Auralians and not the ship.

"So, what did you guys find?" Kaleb asked. He couldn't wait to show them his new egg.

Asher nodded at Finna's thoughts before being confronted by Kaleb. He smiled slightly at Jason before shrugging, he didn't have any reason not to trust the guy. When he was asked a question, Asher looked down at his egg- "Each got a different one." he grinned almost proudly. Monferno snatched the egg from Asher suddenly causing the trainer to gasp but then he relaxed, he trusted Monferno as oddly as that sounded. "What about you?" he then asked Kaleb back.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sadie groaned as she covered her face with both her delicate palms, "How is it that Angel doesn't even know my name, but some random kid comes along and he gets to be his apprentice!" she squealed in disgust. The girl had just gotten back from her last mission, and she came back to whispers of a new trainee. "Come here Star!" she yelled at the Garchomp who was laying in the corner of the empty room she stood in, the Garchomp rolled her eyes before standing- towering over her trainer. "Am I doing my job correctly?" she asked the pokemon who nodded, Sadie's eyes darted back and forth in thought before she simply walked out of the room.

"I even got an egg of my own!" he said as he pulled the blue and orange egg out of his bag. "I found it by two Salandit, so I had Lairon give them a little taste of his Rock Slide, and I took the egg since there was no mother around. I figured somebody should care for it.

"I, myself, found a fossil in the cave I was in, just before I caught Zubat," Jason said. He pulled the fossil from his bag and showed the group.

"Hmmm, let me see that for a sec," Kaleb said, and Jason handed him the fossil as Kaleb started to examine it.

Qin sighed, noting that even Asriel was completely stumped by Storm's scratches.
"The only one who could figure this out might be Finna, she knows Storm best after all..."

Taking a quick moment to memorize the image, then throwing it to the back of his mind. He brought his attention back to the present situation and realized they had newcomers and quite a few of them at that. His eyes shifted from Jason to the egg in Kaleb's arm letting his gaze rest on the former for quite a while. He was slightly suspicious as he didn't remember seeing the youth on the boat, but he hadn't exactly gone out to socialize, so the people he could recall were limited at best. With a slight glare, Qin faced Jason and questioned.

"Which professor sent you? Do you have any proof?"

I'd be quite a tragedy if the Auralians managed to pull a fast one on them.

~~~~~~~~~~

Quilla once again awoke to warm, and wet, though the distinct lack of numbness in her joints was a pleasant reminder that she was no longer freezing half to death. Mumbling in slight displeasure she pushed Ausytra's head, and more importantly tongue, from out of her face. Shooting the Pokemon a playful glare while she simultaneously pursed her lips. The Lapras seemed to giggle at her actions before gesturing to the east.

Quilla turned observe what was so important Ausy's had disturbed her sleep. The first thing she noticed was that they no longer sailed the river's currents but had made their way to a peaceful lake surrounding by lush greenery. The second thing she noticed, and also the last, was a girl standing not too far away from the river's banks. She was quite clearly the reason Ausytra had awoken her. The girl was rather tall and slender but her skin was pale olive, it created great contrast her her raven-black left sided hair and a bit of synergy with the cotton white right sided hair. Quilla took little notice of her attire as she was already long past the point of 'observation'. She gripped onto Ausytra's neck tightly and spoke a single word, filled with a burning excitement!

"Go!"

Without needing another word Lapras began galloping over the lake's surface, making a bee-line for the shore, and the dual-haired girl.

Spade turned around after hearing a voice yell out the word "Go!". Her violet eyes narrowed as she saw a girl and her lapras swim closer, stepping closer to the river bank she looked at the girl with a questioning look.

--

Ace yawned as she laid on the back of the Fearow that was flying closer to the island in question "I hope she's okay.." she mumbled as she looked at her belt which held her two pokémon's pokéballs.

"Elm sent me. I got my Magnemite from him," he told Qin. He didn't really interact on the boat, he's more of an introvert. "So, if this island is uninhabited, how come I've seen other people here besides you and your group? Like that girl there? She wasn't on the boat with us."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaleb was examining the fossil to try and make out what it was. He knew it wasn't a Helix, Plume, Root, Dome, or Cover fossil. Soon, he figured it out.

"A Skull fossil!" he said to himself. "Man, Jason got such a lucky find!" He started to walk back to the group, but something swooped from the sky and grabbed his egg.

"What was that?" He saw a green blur flying through the air, and a split-second later, it flew down towards him. He recognized it as a Scyther.

"Charmeleon, time to win back our egg!" Kaleb cried out as he tossed the Flame Pokémon's ball.

"Char!" it cried out. "Flamethrower!" Kaleb commanded. It hit the Scyther right in the face, and Charmeleon followed up with a Slash, and then an Ember to the wing. Kaleb threw a pokeball, and it shook once, twice, three times, and with that, he caught Scyther and saved the egg.

"Wow, I managed to save my egg AND get a new catch!" he said to himself as he walked back to the group.

Quilla arrived before Spade in no time flat and she immediately flew into a flurry, gesturing wildly while rapid-firing questions briefly telling her own story and questioning their current location and whether Spade was sent by one of the Professors. Of course, only a person well versed in the language of Quilla would be able to pick out the important details and piece together a semi-coherent message, but to a bystander it just sounded like ^$#&^Professor$^%$^&Boat^&$&(^%Swim^&$)((*)&Giant Gyrados$^&&*&My Lapras^(*&^**Qinlan^*^*(()__Extremely Hungry!

After her tirade, Quilla was, understandably, exhausted, but her eyes remained locked onto Spade glowing with enthusiasm as she hoped to receive an answer to all her questions. Not, however, before she added one more.

"By the way, what's your name?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taking his word for it Qin more or less believed Jason, Magnemite was indeed one of the Pokemon Prof Elm had given out, and in response to his question, Qin shrugged.

"It would seem out information wasn't as accurate as we'd thought, this Island is controlled by a group of wanna-be supervillains who dub themselves the Aurallians. They're a bit stronger than your average evil syndicate but they're certainly no Team Rocket"

Spade stepped back "Huh?" she questioned before shaking her head "Oh, um the names Spade". The female looked at the new comer before sighing "First off, what the heck did you just say? Also who are you?" she asked.
--
Ace stretched as she turned around, her legs now dangling off the side of the Fearow, her hands lightly placed on its shoulder blades. The Fearow landed on the side of the island, patting the bird pokémon's back she stepped off and waved as the pokémon flew off "Thanks Fearow!".

"And the girl? She wasn't on the boat with us," Jason said. He was suspicious, since she indeed wasn't there with them, and after the new information Qin gave him, it certainly seemed like she could be a spy, especially because she had a Zebstrika!

Kaleb suddenly came back to the camp. "Here's your fossil, Jason," he said as he handed back the fossil. "It's a Skull Fossil. That means it's a Cranidos."

Quilla stared at Spade, unable to understand why she hadn't gotten it the first time. However, she was a rather patient person and would take the time to explain once more, that, and she really wanted some answers.

"Are you one of the people from the professor's expedition? Well, you must be since this island is uninhabited! Have you seen my brother Qinlan? Oh god, he didn't ..."

She paused for a moment to slowly draw a finger across her neck, indicating her fears that her older brother may or may not have kicked the bucket.

Asher patted Monferno's head before looking up, "You'd think the Order would come after us by now, makes me wonder if they're planning something big." he commented before looking back at Finna. "With this many eggs in our group, it makes us a much easier target." he trailed off before shrugging, "But we are a lot stronger now, if they send somebody like Darla I think we'd be able to hold our own." he grinned confidently. Perhaps too confidently, what if he was under-rating the Aurallians? Shaking the morbid thoughts away, Asher gruffly turned to the rest of the group- "Let's just not let out guard down." he announced rather loudly.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sadie gasped as she walked out of the Aurallian headquarters, with Star trailing behind her the girl muttered intensely to herself. "What if he's better than me." her blue gaze grew wide at the thought. "Bu-but I worked so hard." she whimpered, "Am I not serving well enough, are they replacing me?" she cried out causing her pokemon, who was aware of Sadie's little significance on the Order, to roll her eyes. "Oh Star, please do help me- what can I do to make myself better?" Sadie questioned dramatically, the Garchomp shrugged in response.

Spade's eyes narrowed "Wait, let me get this straight, your Qin's sister?" she questioned. Her hands slid in her pockets as she chuckled "Man, he hasn't been very open but I would have never guessed he had a sister, and yes I was sent by the professors, and Qin's alive don't worry" she said leaning against a tree "But we arn't the first ones on this island, there's a group of some messed up people here".
--
Ace walked around, her left hand on her belt as she walked around. After awhile she stumbled upon a camp, seeing there where people there she decided to watch for awhile. No one in that group looked like anyone she knew, but they could have been on the same boat as her twin, Spade.

"Thanks, Kaleb," Jason said as he took back the fossil. After a moment, he wandered off to go catch more Pokémon.

"He's definitely not one of them," Kaleb told Qin. "I mean, he has Magnemite, one of Elm's starters, and I watched him catch a Zubat and find the fossil, and he has nothing else."

Meanwhile, Jason searched for Pokémon, and found a Phanpy.

"Zubat, Leech Life." The flying Pokémon obeyed, and hit Phanpy with Leech Life, allowing Jason to throw a ball and catch Phanpy.

Ace watched as Jason wandered off, her eyes then focused back on the campsite, watching every person. Stepping forwards a little to get a better view, she stepped on a twig making a cracking sound "Great just my luck!" she whispered.

Kaleb immediately heard the twig snap, and his head darted in the direction of Ace, who he didn't actually know was Spade's twin.

"Spade?" Kaleb called out, not knowing that it was her sister. Jason walked back over and saw Ace, and he looked confused.

Ace turned her head before stepping out the the bushes, her blue eyes scanned the small camp before looking at Kaleb "You know my sister?" she asked. Her eyes lit up, as she smiled "Well it's good to know she not dead!" she stated with a small laugh. Her hands were now on her hips as she looked at Kaleb and Jason "But do I really look like her?".

'Spade has a sister?' Kaleb thought to himself.

"Yeah, she survived the wreck. She's on the island somewhere," Kaleb said. "I think she went to the lake to train."

Ace nodded in understanding before she spoke "Oh, my names Ace pleasure to meet you!". Ace looked down at her belt which held her two pokémon, her eyes then looked back up at Kaleb "Whats your name?". Her hair blew in her face as a rush off wind pasted, the night sky glistened in her blue eyes as she smiled.

Quilla heaved a sigh of relief, but now that she knew her brother was safe she immediately tossed his well-being to the back of her mind and focused on Spade's words.

"Messed up people, you mean, like natives? Like... cannibals!?"

Her face whitened as she managed to come to such a contrived conclusion. She immediately retreated back to her Lapras seeking it's protection, as she had come to do since it had saved her from drowning.

~~~~~~

Qin watched as Ace introduced herself and despite her complaints that seemed to say she wasn't as similar to her sister as she seemed, the only thing Qin could think of was,

"Oh... another Spade..."

which he muttered softly under his breath.