• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Exploration of the Froena Region

"I said nothing wrong. Just get back to me with different designs. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to change my DOOR LOCK!" Halt laied some extra stress on the last few words to emphasize his point. "I've seen better designs on mountain climbers on the beach."

"You said something wrong by saying it in the worst possible way. If you didn't like any of them, you could have actually asked to have the insignia sewn into your own clothes! And what do you mean your lock?! This is Mrs. Sawyer's workshop!" he yelled back.

~~~~~
Sleipnir was feeling the pain now but he held firm and took the zen headbutt. Breaking free, he reared up and stomped hard on Shelgon's back repeatedly.

Seeing as someone so nicely offered themselves up to Rua's revenge Qin let them have it. After dodged Shelgon's attack with Detect Rua immediately sprung into action, showing the same fierceness she display when Qin had just caught her. She slammed into Shelgon's shell with both arms, both releasing Force Palm whose secondary effect kicked in applying paralysis.

Right as she'd done that Sleipnir immediately rushed over to deliver a dose of Stomping. Obviously unwilling to get in the way of the two larger Pokemon she retreated rapidly, only stopping when she'd reached the other side of the arena.

Shelgon took heavy damage from both attacks, and after all the damage he had taken during the battle, he finally fell.

"Shelgon, return!" Kaleb said as he returned Shelgon. "You did great. Alright, go Turtwig!" The little grass type popped out of his ball, ready for his next opponent, and felt confident when he saw a ground type and a fighting type.

"Razor Leaf!" Kaleb called out, and it flung a mass of leaves at Sleipnir, damaging it, and it followed up by running at Sleipnir and using Crunch, biting down on its side and dealing even more damage.

Seeing that Turtwig had turned it's back to her Rua smiled devilishly; she rushed forwards grabbing her opponent by its shell and tossing it into the air. She stepped back and prepared to unleash a series of Force Palms, sending the grass type hurtling towards Sleipneir.

Turtwig recovered from the attack and slammed down on Sleipnir, but soon jumped off to attack Rua. He used Giga Drain, restoring his own health by draining Rua's, and then sent her flying with Tackle.

Sleipnir, weakened and being hit by his weakness, went down hard to the razor leaf. Asriel returned his now giant draft horse and set his pokeball into the PPH before looking at Jitter, who was riding on his shoulder. "You're turn, pal!"

Jitter looked out at the mess of a battlefield before looking at Asriel and rapidly shaking his head. There was no way he was going out there! "Yes, Jitter," Asriel said firmly as he walked to the field and placed Jitter down. "I know you can do this; you just got to trust me a little is all," he encouraged. Jitter looked at the field again. A Meinfoo and a Turtwig...he could handle that okay and Asriel wasn't exactly a novice with all this... Okay, he'd do it!

Turtwig looked a little shaken when Jitter was sent out, seeing as he was weak to poison types, but he stayed confident. He could do this!

Turtwig ran at Jitter and started to lead off the new round with Tackle.

Seeing the grass type coming, Jitter leaped away before whipping around and delivering a slew of poison stings in his direction. "Niii!"

"See, Jitter?" Asriel praised as Jitter realized he had just held his own against a pokemon who stood a shot at hurting him. It felt good...freeing.

Rua staggered back from Turtwigs successive attacks before dropping to her knee. Although she thought herself entirely capable of taking it down 1 vs 1, after battling with Bagon, Sleipnir, and Storm, she was all but exhausted. Her chest heaved with every breath and her legs quivered just trying to keep her standing.

Sighing to himself Qin felt rather conflicted, unsure of whether to praise her determination or rebuke her stubbornness. Eventually, he recalled Ruanshui, opting to let her rest.

"Rua, you've done great, take a break."

Taking a moment to survey the battlefield and the Pokemon on it, Qin smirked. This battle was going his way,

"Rose! You're up~"

A swift purple silhouette shot into the air, spreading its wings and ascending rapidly. It hissed rather challengingly before coming to a haver around 15m off the ground. Rather obviously being the Gligar known as Rose the new Pokemon to join the fray stared daggers down at her competitors, trying to appear as imposing as possible.

As Qin sent out Gligar, Turtwig got back up. He ran towards Rose and used Crunch, and then followed up with Razor Leaf. He turned around to go for Jitter and used Tackle, because Kaleb knew Jitter couldn't take much, and as much as they wanted to win, they were all training.

Turtwig, after using Tackle, was hit by Peck, and he decided to go back to Rose and he attacked with Razor Leaf, and it hit successfully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jitter kept an eye on the flying figure and readied his poisonous spines. He hissed as he took a tackle attack. It hurt but he was able to stand again. "Peck!" was all Asriel told the small poison type.

Nidoran ran toward at the distracted Turtwig and drove his oversized teeth into the opposing pokemon's head as a peck attack.

After taking a reasonable amount of damage from Turtwigs attacks, Rose countered by sweeping down from behind it with a Cross Poison. The landed neatly leaving an 'X' shaped poison mark on Turtwigs shell. Turtwig had already been hit my Jitter's Peck, and Qin saw the perfect situation to pelt both Pokemon with some damage,

"Rose, pepper them with poison sting!"

Rose hissed as she sprayed a plethora of poisoned needles at both Pokemon.

Jitter ducked to protect his head, trying to shield himself with his tiny feet. Gazing up at his fellow poison type, Jitter's newfound confidence started to leave him. He was too small to beat an airborne for.

"Boooooounswee!" Penny yelled from the sidelines to cheer him on. If he couldn't beat Rose, Penny wouldn't stand a chance. Even that strong Emolga of Darla's wouldn't have been so scary if he was just bigger.

He could hear Asriel giving him orders but he was too caught up in his own thought to understand the words. He had known for a while that he had gotten as strong as he could without evolving but the prospect had always seemed daunting. He may not even have the same personality once it was all over! And then he may have had to leave or fight to gain more territory. But now he didn't have those worries; Asriel would take care of him. He had saved Jitter from the cave in and the Emolga. It was perfectly safe now.

And with that realisation, Asriel watched for the second time that day as a brilliant glow over took his pokemon. When it faded away, all that stood in it's place was Jitter the Nidorino!

"Wow, Jitter evolved! This battle is just Evolution Grand Central, huh?" Kaleb said to himself.

"Turtwig, Razor Leaf on Rose!" Turtwig obeyed, and Rose was hit by the flying leaves, but took minimal damage. "Now, Crunch on Jitter!" Turtwig ran up to Jitter and bit down hard.

"Now, Giga Drain!" Kaleb commanded. He knew Jitter was stronger now. Turtwig absorbed some of Jitter's health, healing himself.

Rose flew straight through the leaves with minimal damage, and Qin smirked,

"Gligars are best at defense ya know? You won't get for using Razor Leaf, but all the same, we've got to pay you back for that one! Rose, Agility, then repeated Fury Cutter!"

With her upped speed Turtwig stood little chance at dodging the airborne Pokemon. She closed the gap in an instant and began to lash out at the grass-type. One of the best parts about Fury Cutter is that each successive hit got significantly stronger, and If Kaleb didn't find a way out of this predicament her Turtwig would fall just moments after entering the battle.

"Turtwig, relax and use Leaf Storm!" Turtwig obeyed, and managed to hit Rose with Leaf Storm and knock her to the ground. "Gligar may be good for defense, but how about we test out its Special Defense? Turtwig, Giga Drain!" The little turtle began draining Rose's health, and replenishing him own.

"Synthesis!" Kaleb called out, and Turtwig healed himself to max health. "Now, use Leaf Storm again!" Kaleb called to his Pokémon. Turtwig was able to land another Leaf Storm on Rose before turning back to Jitter.

Jitter hovered by the edge of the battlefield. The grass type hits had barely touched him and he took the time Turtwig and Rose spent fighting each other to get used to his own body. Bouncing back and forth on his longer legs and bigger feet, he darted forward when Asriel commanded another peck attack. This one he landed with his much longer horn on Turtwig's shell.

Without waiting for instructions from Asriel, he followed up his peck with a new, stronger poison attack. His horn glowed a vibrant purple as he rammed his horn hard into the underside of Turtwig's shell. "Poison jab?" Asriel realized in awe as Nidorino jumped away and unleashed a vicious round of poison stings. When did Jitter get this confident in battle?

Turtwig took heavy damage from Poison Jab, but still got up.

"Charge at it and use Crunch!" Kaleb called out. Turtwig charged towards Jitter, and started charging up a Crunch attack.

Again, before Asriel could issue a command, Jitter charged forward. His horn began glowing once again as he met the Turtwig head on. His poison jab landed on Turtwig's chest before shoving his horn under the pokemon and tossing his head back, throwing the smaller pokemon.

Turtwig fell again, and tried to get up, but stumbled and fell.

"Turtwig return!" Kaleb said, recalling the grass type. "Great job," he whispered. "Now, go Skorupi!" he said, throwing Skorupi's pokeball and releasing him into the battle.

"Pin Missile on Jitter!" Skorupi launched a mass of pins that struck Jitter one by one, dealing damage over time.

"Alright, use Toxic Spikes!" Kaleb called out. The spikes scattered across the battlefield. "Now, use Cross Poison on Rose!" Skorupi charged up a Cross Poison, and released, hitting Rose dead-on.

Asher let out a long sigh as he walked, it had been a long day. His feet were sore and his voice horse- a new pokeball now sat on his belt which contained a water-type he had earlier caught. A determined yet naive young Shellder that was caught along the shore, the rest of Asher's pokemon had also disappeared to their balls except for Monfenro who had decided he honestly hating being in there. With the fire-monkey beside him, Asher looked up at the sight of flashes and the sound of voices, muffled by the clashing of attacks. After a few steps that seemed like miles, the battle came into view. There were more that two pokemon on the field which frankly confused the male yet he didn't speak, why were his peers fighting one another? Shielding his companion slightly, Asher's eyes intently fell upon the scene as eh silently watched from the side.

Although Rose didn't take too much damage from the Leaf Storms she did lose around half her Hp, mainly from the first Leaf Storm as the succeeding attacks had their power harshly reduced. Seeing Skorupi closing in with Cross Poison, Rose hissed indignantly and responded by striking out with her own usage of Cross Poison. The two Pokemon collided, apparently evenly matched, but Qin, noticing that Skorupi was well within Rose's range, let out a string of orders.

"Rose, Agility, then harden, followed by Acrobatics."

Rose's already superior speed drastically increased and she left nothing but blurred shadows as she bombarded Skorupi with acrobatics.

Skorupi took a decent amount of damage before Kaleb said, "Poison Fang!" Skorupi closed in on Rose and bit down hard on her side, causing a lot of damage.

"Pin Missile!" Skorupi obeyed, and shot Pin Missile in the air, while Rose was still immobilized by Poison Fang, and he tossed Rose into the air, causing the Pin Missile hit her, and she fell to the ground.

Jitter waited patiently in front of Asriel; his rush from the evolution was wearing off and he remembered the bond that gave him the courage to evolve in the first place. Asriel was considering the battlefield. Kaleb just had Skorupi left but Qinlan still had Rose and Twilla. Rose was impossible for Penny and Twilla would just be a stall war. Racking his brain, Asriel tfried to think of something Nidorino could use that Nidoran couldn't.

He had one option but it would be tricky to make it work. "Get Skorupi out of the way with horn attack!" He called out. Jitter charged forth, ramming his horn into the smaller pokemon rather harshly before performing the same catapulting maneuver he had done with Turtwig. With Skorupi temporarily out of the way, Jitter turned toward Rose and roared a challenge as if to say that was her opponent now.

Qin grimaced, although that series of attacks did little to dmg rose since she resisted both Poison Fang and Pin Missile racking up damage for no reason wasn't a winning strategy. Asriel's usage of Toxic Spikes only caused Qin's grimace to deepen, he couldn't quite understand why his opponent would choose to use Toxic Spikes at this moment, but he'd certainly need to be careful when he switched to Twilla. A few breaths of time later a crafty glint appeared in Qin's eyes,

"Rose, take some distance; Use Agility, then Harden!"

Once more Rose took to the air, creating a reasonable distance between her and the two Pokemon positioned on the ground.

Jitter snorted harshly. His opponent was running! He roared again and stamped his feet, trying to get a better response.

Asriel figured words were better for this situation. "Come on, Qin. Even you have to get close to attack us unless you want to use poison sting which does absolutely nothing," the white haired teen said, knowing he was stating the obvious.

Finna watched the battle before seeing Asher at the edge of the trees. Seeing Storm and her Stufful, who she still had to name, curled up and relaxing with their dinner as they watched the battle, Finna went to join Asher. She gave a slight smile as she approached him. "Want some company?" She asked almost playfully.

Storm watched Finna leave with an almost unnoticeable smile. She was hoping so much that Finna would find her place among these humans.

Asher's gaze retreated from the battle at a familiar voice beside him, he shrugged slightly although he couldn't contain the smile that dance across the edges of his lips. "Well, hey there stranger." he teased before patting Monferno's head and walking back past Finna, expecting her to follow. "What're they battling about anyways?" he asked as he walked with both hands swinging lazily by his sides.

"Well, I'd lock the door like this." Halt nodded to Lucario, who created an aura field around them. "Now, would you please stop arguing, and take me to my room? And if it makes you feel better," Halt said, as he took a pen and crossed out some words, and changed it to say, 'couldn't find anything that interested me. Could you please get back with me with diffrent designs if possible?'

Keeping pace with Asher easily, Finna smiled back. "Just for training purposes," she reported. "I actually managed to catch my first pokemon," she boasted with a proud smile. "A little Stuffel."

The air around them was bright with the setting sun; the trees blazing orange as the giant star set behind the mountains. The light made the leaves that stubbornly clung to the trees shine as they did in the height of autumn. "For all this place's dangers, it is beautiful," she stated as she walked along the riverbank.

~~~~~
"That will do quiet nicely...thank you," William said as he tried to keep up his upset attitude. Giving up on that endeavor, he indicated that Halt should follow him.

The route to the dorms led down into an underground tunnel which, on the other end opened into a secondary building. Halt's room was on the fourth floor near the end of the hallway. "Here we go," William said as he opened the door. The room contained a bed, a desk with a stack of paper, a rack of knives across from the desk, and a small walk in closet. The room was filled with black and dark blue, along with a few accents of silver.

Halt stepped in. "Two questions. One, do you have a key to this room? And two, papers. What are they for? I don't do paper work." Lucario stepped inside, and looked around. He pulled out the chair, and sat down. He was ready to blast if needed.

"I'm tied for fifth in command; I have a key to every room," William said, though he didn't sound too happy. "Everyone above me has a key to every room, as well. And before you ask, no, you cannot change locks; believe me, I've tried," he explained in annoyance as he stood in the doorway.

"The papers are for your own planning and strategizing. You'll need it for training as well as planning for any missions you're sent on. To give you an idea of what those could be, our second in command recently had to subdue and steal three eggs belonging to a wild Charizard."

Asher mused on the subject of training until Finna spoke again. He looked around, and honestly saw something he had never seen before. Maybe he was too busy to notice, but the place really had a gentle touch to it. He nodded silently in agreement as if his voice would disturb the peace- to think that such beauty could hide the most dangerous of foes. "Are you scared..." he randomly asked, "Right now, do you think they're watching us right now- they can attack us any second." he muttered.

"The only one among them to fear is Angel. The others will kill us but Angel will do worse," she stated grimly. "So I guess the answer to your question is no; the thought of death doesn't scare me. Not that I'm lax about my safety; that's why I think we should try to get away from this place and come back with help," she told him as she paused on a large rock jutting over the river.

Asher nodded silently, he really didn't want to leave. Maybe there was a way to defeat Angel, it wouldn't be easy though. His golden gaze hovered across the rock that Finna stopped at, he then grinned and stepped onto it. He extended his hand in a gesture to assist the female before shrugging- "Where would you go if we did defeat the Auralian Order, I mean when we win- what are you planning on doing then?" he asked.

This question took Finna off guard, mainly because she hadn't considered it before. "I'm not sure," she said as she hesitantly took his hand. The leaves that had already fallen crunched under her old sneakers as she jumped down. Autumn was turning to winter quickly.

"It's been so long...I don't really have a home to go back to," she mused. "I could live in the wild; I seem to he good at that," she told him as she continued her walk. "What would you do?" She asked.

"Skorupi, Cross Poison on Rose!" Kaleb called out. Skorupi flung the X-shaped attack at Rose and hit, and repeated the attack.

Asher's expression dropped as he turned to look out at the horizon in thought. "I mean, I know I don't have an excuse or anything like you do- but I'm kinda lost to." he couldn't help but chuckle. "I like this place though, maybe I'll stay here to." he said with a careless shrug, "Explore it a bit more. I'd have to go home to, I guess, to tell the professors about everything we'e found-" he trailed off in his own thought before looking down at Monferno who traveled ahead of him and Finna. "But let's not worry about that," he nodded- "We've got a problem on our hands that is much more important." he grumbled. With the sun reflecting off the lake and shedding it's pinkish coloring into the still water, it really was a magical sight.

Qin smirked at Asriel before shamelessly remarking,
"That's true, but I could wait in the air and let you two deal with each other and clean up whoever survives~"

He laughed lightly before waving his hand dismissively, assuring his fellow trainer that he'd do no such thing. He wasn't really in a situation where he wanted to win, by all means, so he saw no need to abuse Rose's aerial advantage. Just as he was about to order Rose to attack, Kaleb beat him to it ordering Cross Poison on Rose. Qin's eye widened as the little Skorupi launched itself into the air, dead-set on hitting Rose. He had to admit, he didn't expect Kaleb to insist on attacking, but he wasn't exactly worried.

"You can't fight in the sky just because you can jump a bit high..."

Letting the smirk fall from his lips Qin casually directed

"Your boldness is admirable so we'll meet you head on! Rose, knock it back to the ground! Night Slash!"

Responding with an enthused screech Rose tucked in her wings and dived towards the Skorupi. Her claws tinted dark, drew lightless arcs through the air. The two Pokemon collided the rebound causing both to fall back. Rose wobbled in the air but soon regained her balance, but the Skorupi was sent hurtling to the ground, whether it managed to land on its feet or on its head would be entirely up to its ability to maneuver before it made contact with the ground.

After repeating the attack once, Cross Poison collided with a Night Slash from Rose, and Rose stayed in the air while Skorupi fell back to the ground, but Skorupi landed on his feet, ready to attack.

"Pin Missile!" Skorupi had overwhelmed Rose and hit her with Pin Missile, causing damage over time, and he followed up with a Poison Fang, immobilizing Rose, and he crunched down on her, causing her to become poisoned. He flung her to the ground, and stomped her down, and used another Poison Fang. If Qin didn't come up with something quick, Rose would be down for the count.