• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Exploration of the Froena Region Sign Ups

may i join please
Name: Blaze
Hometown (from a known region): solacean city, sinnoh
Appearance: blonde hair, red eyes, scorch mark on back from when attacked by magmar, blue hoddie fire logo on back cargo shorts
Personality: loves spicy food, loves fire types, funny, goofy, always walking never in hurry to go anywear
Pokemon: munchlax ( can talk basic english if ok)
Nickname: Munch
Item (if any): Black glasses

"Pinsir, you know what to do," Jeremy said. Pinsir grabbed Heracross's horn with his claws and tossed it to the ground, and readied a Fury Attack.

Ah so this is still auto-ing to an extent, so I'll try to give you an example of how to fix this. You could change it to something like

"Pinsir, you know what to do," Jeremy said. Pinsir grabbed at Heracross' horn with his claws in an attempt to toss it to the ground, before preparing a fury attack.

You can do 'definitive' things with your own characters and Pokemon, or Non-player Pokemon, but against other Rpers you shouldn't force them into your attack because there's nothing saying they couldn't have tried to counter or dodge.

It's the same as forcing the opponent to act according to your will, which is entirely unfair and can ruin the fun.

The aim is to state your intent without forcing anyone to follow through on it.

Also, remember, sleep talk is random as well. You can't be using superpower and guillotine for each sleeptalk. Also, all pinsir's attacks are weak against Heracross.

Pinsir is a strong attacker but it'll need more move variety.

I've been meaning to bring this up but @Melody-Jez , how are we handling Move Tutor moves? Because if we're Rping anime style then I do remember one episode where Ash's Buizel learned Ice Punch after watching another Pokemon use it and then training.

So we could sorta use that method, under the condition that the trainer would first have to go out and catch a Pokemon that already knows the move and then spend a few days, Rp time, learning the move. Considering that it's only been 2 days (Rp time) I think we can safely say that move tutor moves won't be popping up left and right, just due to how slow RP time is progressing xD.

I agree and don't agree. I say it depends on the move and the pokemon. If it's a Salemence learning Drako medeor, it takes a LONG time. But a buizel learning Ice punch, not nearly as long. Maybe a day or two of training.

I agree and don't agree. I say it depends on the move and the pokemon. If it's a Salemence learning Drako medeor, it takes a LONG time. But a buizel learning Ice punch, not nearly as long. Maybe a day or two of training.
Well yea, we'll have to fine-tune some details like that

Jeremy scowled as Heracross repeatedly hit Pinsir with Night Slash.

"Time to end this," he said. "Pinsir, Guillotine!" Pinsir lunged at Heracross, chomping his claws. It looked Heracross straight in the eye.

Jason was catching more Pokémon. He managed to catch a Treecko he found by using Golbat.
That's perfect :up:

Ah well for those spoilers, put them in your [signature]. It's in your menu under [personal details].

Makes it a pain to quote your posts otherwise.

Currently randomizing a fossil for Azure to find after a while in a cave. Lusekina will catch a new pokemon.

Edit:
Got it. Azure now has an Oricorio (Baile Style cause volcano), Lusekina now has a Mawile, and the randomized fossil turned into a Sail Fossil. Azure will find it once he enters the tundra. To make it a bit more realistic.

Last edited:
Sounds great, everyone :) And yes, the roleplay is closed now @Manbat99 :/

@kyuukestu that's a great idea :D in ever found the move tutor in the games, so I never thoug by about it much but it sounds very useful :) and as @Glaceon trainer pointed out, it will take some time tuning but I have faith in us :D

@StormingCobra55 as it was pointed out, these are issues that can shut down a roleplay. I won't boot you as you now know the severity of these issues but if it continues to be an issue, I won't have much choice :c

@13InHeaven you're back! And your plan sounds good, just wondering how everyone is going to revive fossils without joining the Auralians. Or is this foreshadowing? o.o anyways, we will be visiting all of those places eventually :) but you haven't posted in the rp in ages :c

I saw and am getting to it :) just woke up less than thirty minutes ago but I was exhausted after work yesturday and couldn't even think of a reply :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for not replying, I was busy today and after that I wanted time to myself, if anyone needs any of my characters I'll be lingering around for the rest of the day.

I need to find a way though... Finding a half broken machine? xD
Otherwise I need some ideas :/

Also i still have testweek so that's why I didn't post for a long time. I'm only halfway >_<

So I was typing and figured I'd finish the next day cause I was passing out on my keyboard. I thought, "Oh it'll save as a draft and I can finish from my phone."

The next day come and all my work is gone! It wouldn't show up on my phone! T-T I knew it was still there so I figured I'd do it after my shift. I get home and my aunt cooked a huge meal. I had to clean it all up! And I open the next day at work so after eating and cleaning up, I had to go right to bed...