• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Escape To A Fantasy World (Discussion)

Name: Sky

Race:
Air spirit

Height:
5' 7

Appearance:
Sky has tousled brown hair that cuts off around the ears. His eyes are a piercing blue, and his skin is fairly tanned from flying above the clouds in direct sunlight. He also keeps himself hovering a few inches off the ground, as he has a rather bad reaction with the earth. In his natural form, he is completely invisible, although a very faint shimmer is visible due to a concentration of magic

Clothing:
Most of the time, he can be seen with a simple leather tunic and trousers, along with a pair of (purely decorative) sandals

Personality:
Sky's personality tends to reflect his element. He has a relatively laid-back attitude towards most things; rarely taking anything seriously and existing in a perpetual state of calm. He very rarely forms attachments and has no morals whatsoever. Remorse is a human emotion he simply can't feel, as is sympathy.

Sky is a fun-loving spirit, having a good sense of humor and maintaining a childlike cheek towards most authority. This, paired with his abilities to avoid just about anything can make him a frustrating opponent to fight, and leaves him with no fear of consequence at any physical precautions from something he says. The lack of compassion can be jarring in comparison to his personality, especially considering Sky has killed thousands of natural spirits in his lifetime. If he had to be given an alignment, it'd probably be chaotic neutral

Resident of fantasy world or real world?:
Fantasy

Backstory:
The air spirits are part of the Elemental Spirits family- four different species of natural spirits that are both made up of and control their respective elements. Fiercely territorial, they served to keep their sphere of influence balanced Sky was the last remaining member of the air spirits, the rest of his species either dead or fled to a different world.

The large number of creatures that were beginning to pour into the world threatened the air spirits the most out of the four, both due to human pollution and the large number of monsters. Weaker air spirits attacked everything they could see and eventually got killed, the stronger spirits realised the danger and managed to get away to a different world altogether. Sky was one of the strongest spirits out of the species, able to either overpower or match most of his kin, save a few that eventually evolved into a different species altogether. This ability to defend his territory, combined with a fierce loyalty to his homeland, meant he wasn't killed or left the dimension altogether.

The ruling of the tyrant wasn't something that affected him much; human monarchy was something he tended to stay away from. However, when it got to the point that her mages were filling the air with smoke from burning down villages, he'd began to hold a bit of a grudge against her

Last edited:
Hey, do you guys all mind if I make a first post now? I'll retract it if my app is denied, but I don't think the creator is going to be back for a while

Sky had only needed to leave the tower for around half an hour. The old man he was talking with seemed rather friendly by human standards and had been helping him get back up to speed with the happenings of the kingdom in the month or so he'd been busy. Most of the nobles of the region had come to know him through the "killing" of the beasts of the area- albeit unintentionally. All he'd done is clear any threats to his territory, and apparently, solve many of the beast problems for these towns. It was only the dumb ones he killed anyway, and they were always the ones causing the problems. Some species of wyrm, imps, those sort of creatures that weren't smart enough to reason with.

Because of this, he'd earned quite a good standing within the region (although they only knew of it after he decided to speak to them). This particular Baron was evidently happy to get a break from work and fill him in. However, a stray mana burst left him with a mess to clean up, so he planned to finish his conversation later on.

Sky did not expect what he found at all. Sweeping in through the window as quiet as a breeze, he found the Baron lying dead on the floor and a girl hunched over a map, along with an elven girl standing behind her. Floating down in front of her, Sky's incorporeal form quickly began to collapse together, twisting into the shape of a boy.
"Well, this is a surprise. A... What are you. A Demilich? No..." Sky cocked his head slightly, trying to recall the name. "Eldritch Lich! That's it. Anyways," he said, looking around. "What's the deal here? I was talking with the man you just killed, and I really don't appreciate the mana you released through those curses," he added, just a hint of threat in his tone. "I'm pretty sure these humans haven't done much to bother you."
Someone interrupting the Evil mastermind's plan happened a lot earlier than I expected

Hey, I was apart of the original Isakei role play and I was hoping I could hop in!

Character Bio:
Name: Percival “Percy” Everett
Nationality: British
Height: 6’ 7”

Appearance:
Percy stands at about 6'7" and is lean when it comes to weight. When with his helmet off, his messy black hair and crystal blue eyes provide a contrast from his well tanned caucasian skin. This is much different from his deformed body he had before his transition into the fantasy world.
Armor/Weapons- Percy wears black armor lined with silver edging, a black cloak covering his back and shoulders. On his chest he bears a knight’s crest in the shape of a Phoenix which is also silver. He wears a rugged and torn black cape also bearing the Phoenix emblem. He bears his staff, named Apocalypse, which has a pure silver body as well as a black blades with jagged edges at the ends.
Clothing: When not in his armor, Percy can be found in a black tunic and cloth leggings
Personality: Percy had never really been able to develop his own personality due to his past, so the gods who saved him gave him pieces of their own personality. The death god gave him blood lust, hatred, and sense of duty. The love god gave him compassion and loyalty. The goddess of wisdom gave him a desire to learn and developed intellect.
Resident of fantasy world or real world?: Made transition from real world to fantasy world
Backstory:
Percy had been bound to the constraints of his own head for the last twenty one years. Stuck in an ineffective body, Percy was stuck in a specialized hospital where the only thing he could do was hear. His parents had given up on him some time ago, and the doctors had eventually decided to declare him brain dead. After the doctors removed the supplements keeping him alive, he slowly died, alone in a forgotten room. A certain goddess of wisdom deemed Percy worthy of a second life in the world of fantasy. Due to his state in this previous life, Percy never was truely able to become his own person and his body was shriveled and deformed, and as such the goddess of wisdom found it necessary to rebuild the young man. Summoning the gods of love and death, the three gods rebuilt his body and his personality using characteristics of their own. Past this, the three gods gave him their own gifts. The death god gave him the weapon Apocalypse, the goddess of wisdom gave him his armor, and the god of love gave him a companion in the form of a midnight black stallion that Percy named Aragon. Sending him to the fantasy world, they sent him to the north, as such was to be his fate.

I want Percy to join the “bad” guys or antagonists as either a living being or a undead being under a lawful evil mentality. Hopefully that works out.

Last edited:
Hey, I was apart of the original Isakei role play and I was hoping I could hop in!

Character Bio:
Name: Percival “Percy” Everett
Nationality: British
Height: 6’ 7”

Appearance:
Percy stands at about 6'7" and is lean when it comes to weight. When with his helmet off, his messy black hair and crystal blue eyes provide a contrast from his well tanned caucasian skin. This is much different from his deformed body he had before his transition into the fantasy world.
Armor/Weapons- Percy wears black armor lined with silver edging, a black cloak covering his back and shoulders. On his chest he bears a knight’s crest in the shape of a Phoenix which is also silver. He wears a rugged and torn black cape also bearing the Phoenix emblem. He bears his staff, named Apocalypse, which has a pure silver body as well as a black blades with jagged edges at the ends.
Clothing: When not in his armor, Percy can be found in a black tunic and cloth leggings
Personality: Percy had never really been able to develop his own personality due to his past, so the gods who saved him gave him pieces of their own personality. The death god gave him blood lust, hatred, and sense of duty. The love god gave him compassion and loyalty. The goddess of wisdom gave him a desire to learn and developed intellect.
Resident of fantasy world or real world?: Made transition from real world to fantasy world
Backstory:
Percy had been bound to the constraints of his own head for the last twenty one years. Stuck in an ineffective body, Percy was stuck in a specialized hospital where the only thing he could do was hear. His parents had given up on him some time ago, and the doctors had eventually decided to declare him brain dead. After the doctors removed the supplements keeping him alive, he slowly died, alone in a forgotten room. A certain goddess of wisdom deemed Percy worthy of a second life in the world of fantasy. Due to his state in this previous life, Percy never was truely able to become his own person and his body was shriveled and deformed, and as such the goddess of wisdom found it necessary to rebuild the young man. Summoning the gods of love and death, the three gods rebuilt his body and his personality using characteristics of their own. Past this, the three gods gave him their own gifts. The death god gave him the weapon Apocalypse, the goddess of wisdom gave him his armor, and the god of love gave him a companion in the form of a midnight black stallion that Percy named Aragon. Sending him to the fantasy world, they sent him to the north, as such was to be his fate.

I want Percy to join the “bad” guys or antagonists as either a living being or a undead being under a lawful evil mentality. Hopefully that works out.
Naisu naisu, i welcome all additions to the dark side ~

What type of undead do you wanna be? Any in particular?

I kind of want Percy to become a sort of undead knight, so maybe a Draugr? I don’t know what other types of undead would meet the same end. Also, probably need to convert his horse to an undead one as well.

Sorry for the double post, but it has been a day or so and Shogun has yet to respond to my original app. Is it alright for me to post now?

Also, where are air spirits and eldritch lichs on the tier system? I understand the main Lich having a higher tier than most, but an air spirit knocking down an entire castle? Seems a bit Mary Sue. Usually air elemental users have hard times interacting or destroying stone structures as the very nature of stone acts as a check on air.

Sorry for the double post, but it has been a day or so and Shogun has yet to respond to my original app. Is it alright for me to post now?

Also, where are air spirits and eldritch lichs on the tier system? I understand the main Lich having a higher tier than most, but an air spirit knocking down an entire castle? Seems a bit Mary Sue. Usually air elemental users have hard times interacting or destroying stone structures as the very nature of stone acts as a check on air.
My character is the late-game final boss, in terms of tiering. Hard to say an exact tier though, a powerful type of lich would jump to high tiers by vitrue of summoning high-tier undead.

E.g. Death Knight or Bone Dragon.

She's weakned right now, so I'd place her at around... C~D class and that's taking our fresh revivers as F class. I'd however note that revivers like Jenny who are already adept at combat, but currently lack the mentality for it, would be around E class.

Umm, not sure where our rp creator has disappeared to. I can't really tell you what to do since its not really my call. I don't think you'd get denied though.

A natural disaster such as a tornado is kinda excluded from those elemental restrictions, as it is in real life. An attack such as the one I just used would have used up a fair bit of energy (he won't be pulling anything like that for a week or so), and as mentioned in the post doesn't pose nearly as much threat to people as it does to buildings. Most of Sky's attacks would be stopped by stone and rock, and going underground nullifies his abilities altogether.

As for tiers, it's mostly dependant on the environment. If you're at ground level or so, he would probably fall into a B class category. If you're floating around cloud level, he's an easy A-S and if you're below ground, he'll drop down to an F

He is meant to be strong, but also with a few glaring anti-element weaknesses. And hey, he is chaotic neutral, so both sides have something to worry about

Last edited:
Depends on how you play it. Air is generally considered the lightest and fastest of the 4 elements, but when you take it from the perspective of a force of nature it can be plenty destructive.

Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Tempest, Typhoons etc. are generally just really fast wind.

Reminder that I am still here, just waiting for the Hero PC's to return to the village so I can have them meet Hikari giving out health potions or on his way home from doing so. Having him suddenly leave the village and going into the forest after just leaving it wouldn't make much sense

I hate to drop at a point where they just meet but I gotta leave for the night. I'll respond as soon as I can in the morning though. Sorry about that