• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Eight and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claire giggled a bit. She patted JayJay on the cheek. "Stay down there much longer and you'll wake up with a back ache. I know. Trust me." She smiled. "Morning." Claire picked up a pair of clothes from her bag and went to the next room to change. She could smell coffee coming from the main lobby of the Pokemon Center. Claire needed a bit of caffeine to wake up a bit more that morning. After changing into a new set of clothes, she fixed a cup.

JayJay woke up and yawned, then told Claire good morning and got up. He stretched and changed quickly and downed the last half gallon of MooMoo milk. He let his team out seeing as theu didn't get to come out last night and he fed them all, then gave them their vitamins and recalled them all. He was in a loose black hoodie with a gray Pokeball print on the back and and pair of loose gray cargo pants. he headed out to the lobby and saw Claire

Claire waved at JayJay, momentarily forgetting her worry of the new city. "I don't know about you, but I'm up for some training and then taking on Surge tomorrow. Rushing through everything would be bad for the two of us. Route 11 offers some good Pokemon. It's just east of here."

JayJay nodded and smiled. There wasn't much for him to say or do, he was ready to go right then and there. He looked around a bit, an odd feeling in his spine, but he figured it was just from the odd sleeping position

Claire headed off to Route 11, hoping to catch a few Pokemon. By midday, she had already captured a Drowzee and Diglett. It was her hope that these two Pokemon would aid her in battle.

As JayJay followed Claire, he couldn't shake the odd feeling in his spine. Something was wrong, but he couldn't tell what. He worked his way along the route, the endless battles leading to some close calls, but he had some potions with him and was able to heal his Pokemon with ease. His Pokemon were wearing Power Items, which made moving harder, but made them significantly stronger. Battling on the route, JayJay found many interesting Pokemon, but none he felt he should capture and add to his team. He kept working and training his Pokemon, his four man team was working well, but he knew a full team would be needed for the Indigo Plateau and Silver Conference. He knew, that despite how strong he was now, he wouldn't stand a chance against them yet. Yet was the Key Word. He knew that if he trained hard, he would surpass them. His confidence grew as he started to realize his potential. He had defeated two Gym Leaders, with Claire's help of course, but his Type Disadvantage should've rendered him useless, but because he trained hard, his Pokemon were able to overcome the adversity and win. He knew that if he trained hard enough, he would be able to defeat even his brother. By midday he and his Pokemon were psyched and there was almost no stopping them. They defeated all the trainers and took on all the wild Pokemon who challenged them. One trainer was able to knock out all of JayJay's Pokemon, except his Ivysaur the tank. The trainer had a full team of six. He had two Hypno, a Charmeleon, a Muk, a Pidgeot, and a Tauros. JayJay pulled then win and the two trainer sat down to talk about strategies and training tips. After a while, the two trainers parted ways and JayJay got back to work

After much training throughout the day, fighting other trainers and even Pokemon in the wild, Claire was sure to be ready for the next gym. Tomorrow, they'd face off against Surge. It would possibly be a two day trip to the next town, and Claire wanted it all to be worth it. With her fears of Team Rocket growing as the more she learns of Shadow, she only hoped that they could get out of Vermilion before Team Rocket could find them. She was sure that, with Mount Moon reclaimed for Kanto, Team Rocket would be wanting them on their team. Or, at least, contained to avoid further threats.

JayJay started looking for Claire, his team walking proudly behind him, their restricting Power Items removed for the day. He found her after a few minutes of looking and gave her a high-five for all their effort today.

"So, shall we rest for the night and head out tomorrow?" she asked. They were already on their way to the Pokemon Center to rest their Pokemon. "After we fight Surge, we'll have to go back to Cerulean one more time to find Rock Tunnel. That'll lead us to our next destination, which is Lavender Town. It'll be a two or three day trip, and it won't be a pleasant one. It's dark in those caves, and we'll have to bring enough food to last us."

JayJay nodded and held the door open for her as they made it back to their room for the night. JayJay relaxed a bit and then went to get the two trainers something to eat for dinner.

"Be back in a bit" He said kindly as he walked out the door

Claire was going to offer to get dinner for the night, but it seemed that JayJay had beat her to it. She laid back in bed and pushed the thoughts of Team Rocket from her mind until tomorrow. She wanted to train harder, work harder, but she couldn't with JayJay up and awake. Claire wanted to be ready for whatever would come. She removed the bandages on her hands to observe and see if she could handle just one more night.

JayJay purchased some ramen and some more honey bread and made his way back to the spare room of the Pokemon Center. He passed out the food and then sat on his bed, deep in thought. He missed having his Fire Stone to look into, but he was glad Arcanine could use it so well. He seemed worried about something he couldn't place his finger on. He looked at Claire's hands and was even more worried. JayJay got a sinking feeling that she would go out again tonight and hurt herself. he averted his gaze and looked back to the ground

Claire could sense JayJay's concern. She knew he would do what he could to prevent her heading out. There was a feeling of uneasiness in the room. Claire wanted to explain so badly but knew it'd be dangerous. She was sure JayJay wanted to protect her, but she wanted to keep him out of the conflict whenever it was meant to happen.

Everything would work out in the end, she often told herself. She only hoped that it would.

JayJay ate quietly and then took of his shirt and crawled into bed, covering himself up well.

"Night, Claire, I'll see you in the morning"

"Night," she said. She put the bandages back on, knowing she'd need to keep her hands covered. As she fell asleep, Claire found herself back in the brawl with the Rocket grunts.

"I told you once already that I won't give up." She held her fists up, the bandages visible.

"You're injured. You're in no condition to fight."

"Dream on. This is my dream and I control it."

"No, honey. What you're in is a nightmare."

She kept tossing Grunts away but they just kept coming. A voice came to her mind. "You cannot fight forever. No, not in this state. Give in and train with them. Only then can you match your partner and fight those around you." She held her fists down as she became surrounded. Everything faded to black.

While Cliare had a nightmare, JayJay was wide awake, working out and thinking. He had no clue what was wrong here, but something was and he didn't like it. He prepared a cloth for her head and left her a note saying he'd be back soon if he wasn't here before she woke up.

He left Vermillion City and started more training on route 11. He trained himself and his Pokemon to their breaking point. They fought other trainers and wild Pokemon alike until they could barely move. JayJay started making his way back to the Pokemon center at midnight, four hours of training later.

After the dream had ended, Claire had been fast asleep most of the night. She woke up just an hour or so before dawn. From then on, she couldn't sleep for the rest of the night. She had calmed down, but the two still had a long day ahead. And after that, a rough two to three days to come.

JayJay had arrived before Claire woke up, so he discarded the note and slept until dawn. He awoke with a start, leaping out of bed and diving to the floor. He seemed tense and un-calm, his breathing quick, his muscles flexed as he held his odd, pose for a moment. His legs were out behind him, his body low to the ground, only being held up by his left arm, his right arm in cocked and ready. His eyes were bloodshot and his skin almost glistened with sweat

Claire had started to plan out what she'd do in the case of an ambush. She spent her time doing that until morning. Though, she did it silently for she didn't want JayJay to figure it out.

JayJay looked around and realized it was just another nightmare, nothing more. He composed himself and stood up, his heart still pounding in his ears. he was amazed his peculiar behavoir didn't startle Claire, but perhaps that was a good thing. He bid her good morning and started making breakfast

"Morning," she said. She got up and stretched, wanting to be ready for the day. Claire checked on her egg, which was still within a cloth in a pocket in her bag. It hadn't even moved. She sighed but smiled. Claire picked up a spare set of clothes and changed in the room next to them.

JayJay cleaned himself up and got dressed in a pair of wholly faded black jeans and his black hoodie with the gray Pokeball print on the back. He made the two a good breakfast of Oatmeal, Honey bread and MooMoo milk. He set her tray on her bed and began to eat his meal

Claire ate a bit of breakfast, but was too excited to fight against Surge today. "So, are you ready? I hope so, because I know I am."

JayJay was happy to see her more like her normal self, but knew something was still troubling her. He decided it was her choice to tell him or not and she would have a good reason to do either. He nodded, more than ready to take on Surge today. Larvitar would be big help with Earthquake. He ate up his breakfast, then cleaned the place up a bit before he clipped his Pokeballs to his belt and held the door open for Claire

"Alright, alright, twist my arm" He joked as they made their way inside the Gym. Surge was there in the back relaxing. He noticed the two trainers and grinned broadly.

"So, two new recruits to take me on. Are you soldiers ready for a showdown?" Surge asked

"I am, Sir" JayJay called out in a loud voice as he stepped forward, into the challenger's square

"Alright private, Let us Begin!" Surge exclaimed as he threw a Pokeball out. Inside was his Electrode

"Alright, Larvitar, GO!" JayJay called out as he tossed his Pokeball, releasing his stoked Larvitar who let loose a battle dry

Surge began with a Shockwave that hit Larvitar dead on, but did nothing. Electrode then used Rollout at Surge's booming command. Electrode built up speed and slammed into Larvitar. Larvitar skidded but held onto Electrode.

"Now, Lartivtar, Earthquake!" Larvitar stomped on the ground and let loose a terrible tremor all throughout the Gym and parts of the City. Electrode took the full force and held on by only a thread. It broke free of Larvitar's grip and Surge directed his Electrode to use Rollout once more, this time though, the go for Larvitar's back

"Larvitar, Earthquake!" JayJay Exclaimed and Larvitar let loose a second tremor but was struck by Electrode who fainted but was still in motion.

"Larvitar!" JayJay called out, hoping his Pokemon was okay. Larvitar looked worse for wear, but was still able to fight. JayJay debated taking Larvitar out for someone who was in better shape to finish the fight

Claire glanced at her watch to check the time. It was nearly noon. With her fight soon to come, she'd need to watch closely to figure out Surge's weak points.

JayJay decide he didn't want his Larvitar exhausted if they needed one more Earthquake and recalled him for Quilava. Surge sent out his Riachu and the battle continued. Riachu and Quilava were almost evenly matched and countered almost every attack the other made, Nither was going down without a fight. Quilava started to pull ahead.

"Riachu, Thuder!"
"Quilava, Flamethrower!"

The two called out their attacks at the same time and the moves seemed unevenly matched in the favor of Riachu. The monstrously powerful bolt of energy struck Quilava hard an it seemed like Quilava couldn't go on.

"Quilava! I believe in you! One more shot! You can do it!!" JayJay called out, and Quilava got back up a shimmer of heat around him

Claire continued to cheer JayJay and his team on. "I know you can do it! One more hit is all it's gonna take!"

Riachu dashed forward, sparking with electricity, ready for Surge's command, but the shimmer of heat around Quilava grew and soon the very air watch catching fire. Quilava shot out a mighty Flamethrower at Riachu, but Riachu dodged it. Then Surge and Riachu both looked away for a moment to see the hole in the Gym wall where the dodged Flamethrower hit. A few people were now staring into the Gym through the hole in amazement. Surge grinned and looked back at JayJay and Quilava, He knew it was about to get serious.

"Quilava, Extrasensory followed by Flamethrower!!" JayJay commanded and his Quilava's eyes glowed for a moment, then a shock wave of psychic energy barreled forward, backed by a colossal wall of fire. Riachu had no where to go and had to take the hits full on. Riachu was blasted back into Surge's arms who was forced to skid to a stop while catching his Pokemon. He looked down and saw his Riachu was KO'd. He smiled and thanked his Pokemon before calling out his last one. Surge Threw his last Pokeball out and from it came a large yellow and black Pokemon with two tails, standing a few feet over Surge, the Electivire roared out, electrifying the atmosphere. JayJay looked to his Quilava and his Quilava looked to him. They nodded in unison and looked forward. Surge smiled, he hadn't had this good a fight in a long time and was looking forward to fighting the girl who cam in with this trainer next.

"Electivire, Thunder Punch!" Surge called out and his giant Pokemon charged forward, it's massive fist ready to come down on Quilava

"Quilava, Flamethrower! Full power!" JayJay called out and his Quilava shot a jet of flame at Electivire's fist, stopping in in place. Quilava gave it all it's might and then began to glow a bright white. JayJay looked in amazement as Quilava stood bipedal and started growing. The fires on his body converged on the back of his neck in a semi circle as Quilava evolved into Typhlosion! Tyhplosion stopped glowing and roared out, breathing flame, making a fire storm around him. JayJay looked in awe as his Pokemon reached his final evolution. Typhlosion halted his roar and looked back to JayJay, then the two nodded in unison and looked at Surge and Electivire.

"Electivre, Thunder!"

"Typhlosion, Flamethrower!"

Typhlosion's speed easily out classed Electivre's and within a heart beat, the electric giant was engulfed in flames. When Typhlosion stopped, Electivre fell back TKO'd

Claire was speechless at the sudden power in the evolution of what was JayJay's Quilava. "That was... amazing."

JayJay ran up to his Typhlosion and the two started an odd, victory dancing, high five set up. After their little dance, the two walked up to Surge who was laughing in delight. Electivire had gotten back up and had come to help Surge congratulate the trainer and his Pokemon. All four did a salute and Surge handed over a badge to JayJay. JayJay shook Surge's hand and headed up to the bleachers to meet up with Claire. He recalled Typhlosion back to his Pokeball and sat down next to her while Surge healed his Pokemon, preparing for the next fight.

"So, how'd I do?" JayJay asked, not letting the win go to his head like we wanted to. He knew if he became cocky, he would become sloppy shortly thereafter.

"Too amazing for words I could share, surely." Claire picked the Pokemon she'd need in the fight and prepared for the next round. "The power within your Pokemon could have been sensed miles away if someone concentrated hard enough."

JayJay laughed a bit, letting his ego go a little, but he deflated it himself when he thought about his poor Larvitar and how hard a time he was having. He decided to start raising Larvitar up more, to help him win in the future. Not that Larvitar did a bad job, he took out a Gym Leader's pokemon, but he struggled and JayJay didn't want Larvitar to get hurt because JayJay didn't train him enough. He smiled at Claire and bid her good luck for her match, as it seemed Surge was done healing his Pokemon

"Well, little missy, think you're strong enough to fight me? I've been in the army and I'm sure I've fought Pokemon stronger than you."

"Give it your all, Surge."

"Very well. Let's change things up a bit. Pikachu, let us battle!"

"Drowzee, give me a hand! Lets start things off with a bit of Poison Gas!" Claire had left a spare towel in her bag in case of use. She called out for JayJay to use it. She covered her own face with her scarf.

It was obvious that Pikachu was taking damage. Surge had taken enough steps back to get out of range of the gas. It's not like the poison could really harm humans, but enough exposure could lead to negative effects.

"Pikachu, hold your breath and use Thunderbolt!" The blast struck her Drowzee and luckily did not paralyze it.

JayJay had gotten the towel out of Claire's bag and used it to cover his face. He was rooting for Claire, though the towel muffled his cheering. He already knew Claire was going to win, if he could do it, she could

Status
Not open for further replies.