• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Eight and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claire met back up with JayJay, ready for the battle. "Alright, so, we take on Cerulean and then head on to Vermilion. Today's battle should be easy. Misty naturally only uses her Staryu and Starmie in battle being that they're her signature Pokemon to use as a gym leader."

JayJay nodded and started to head outside

"Alright, you can fight her first, I'll go after you" JayJay said, trying to be courteous as he opened the door for her. His mind swim through a sea of ideas and possibilities of what was to come. As glad as he was to no longer have to worry about Johto being attacked, he realized it must be because they were gathering here. They being Team Rocket.

Claire nodded as they proceeded on to the gym. Misty was waiting.

"Welcome to my Gym!" she said, greeting the trainers. It was obvious she had been swimming with her Pokemon today. "I'm glad you two were able to make it here after the whole mess at Mount Moon. So, you're here for the Cascade Badge, I assume?"

"That's right."

"Well, then you've come to the right place. Seeing as I have a limited number of Pokemon I can battle with today, I'll have to take one of you on at a time. Who's battling first?" Claire took a step forward. "Excellent. Then, let the battle begin."

The arena was mostly water with a few platforms scattered for non-water type Pokemon. Misty sent out her Staryu as Claire sent out her Pikachu.

JayJay smiled and headed to the bleachers to root for Claire. He was already cheering her on, even through the fight hadn't really begun yet. The announcer came over the Gym sound system and called out in a cheery, yet serious voice -

"Alright, let the battle begin!"

"Staryu, use Tackle!" The Staryu came at Pikachu from under the water and hit it from behind. Pikachu regained its balance quickly and hopped to another platform. Claire hadn't called out a move yet, waiting for Misty to attack again. "Now, use Surf!"

"Now, Pikachu, use Quick Attack!" Pikachu quickly attacked Staryu while it was in the rising wave and knocked it out of the water.

"Staryu, use Flash!" The light coming from the jewel on the Staryu blinded both Pikachu and Claire.

"Pikachu, I know you can't see, but use Thunderbolt on the water!" A flash of lightning appeared and sent electricity into the water. Staryu was caught in paralysis.

"Staryu, use Facade!" The Staryu, with all its power, came at the Pikachu but couldn't make contact. Staryu froze and went under the water.

"Thunderbolt, again!"

"Staryu, just give it one more go! Facade!" The Staryu flew into the air, spinning, and hit Pikachu. Pikachu was knocked backwards and landed in front of Claire. Pikachu fainted. As Staryu made its way back to Misty, Staryu also fainted.

"So, your name is Claire, right? Well, Claire, get ready for round two! Starmie, lets go!"

"Alright, Claire! One down! Pikachu did great!" JayJay called out from the bleachers. He was excited that Claire was doing so well and wondered a bit how he'd fair against Misty. He only hoped Ivysaur would be okay

"Well, seeing as I only have one choice, Growlithe, I need you!" Growlithe was sent out.

"Starmie, use Rapid Spin!" The Starmie came twirling quickly toward Growlithe.

"Stop her in her tracks and use Flame Wheel!" Starmie was suddenly caught in the ring of fire and was sent twirling into the water after taking a bit of damage. Starmie emerged back on the surface a moment later.

"Starmie, use Tackle!"

"Dodge, then Bite!"

Growlithe gained a firm hold on Starmie, but Misty wasn't done yet. "Rapid spin! Toss him off!" Growlithe was tossed from Starmie, then landed in the water.

Claire nearly squealed. "Growlithe!" The pup climbed slowly out of the water, about to faint from the contact. The Growlithe used Reversal, without command, on the Starmie. Starmie fainted, as did Growlithe shortly after.

Claire picked up her Pokemon, in fear it could be severely hurt from the battle. She grabbed her bag and sprayed her Pokemon with a potion. "I need to get him to a Pokemon Center. I'll meet up with you later." She quickly headed out.

JayJay looked concerned as did Misty. who had recalled her Pokemon and was getting out a badge. JayJay hopped down from the bleachers and headed up to Misty. She looked his way and stopped him.

"Are you next?" She asked

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, I was gonna tell your friend, but she ran of, I have potions enough to get her Pokemon fully healed and mine as well. I'll be ready for your challenge in a few moments" She finished and went to a locker by the other side of the bleachers. JayJay nodded and went to the other side of the arena, grabbing his Ivysaur's Pokeball and holding in tightly in his hand.

As Claire handed her Pokemon off to Nurse Joy, she couldn't help but feel a bit bad that she'd be missing part of Jay's battle. As she went back to the guest room to pick up a bottle of water, a note lay on her bed.

"I received news today that Team Rocket will be crossing paths again with you soon. They have made their way to a town you will be visiting soon. Best be prepared and train hard, Miss."

Claire knew instantly it was from Shadow.

Misty came back to the arena and the battle began. She sent out her Staryu and JayJay called out his Ivysaur. Ivysaur was huge, almost 50% larger than the average Ivysaur, but his coloring was normal.

"Staryu, Surf!" Misty called out as her Pokemon created a large wave and aimed to smash Ivysaur with the deluge.

"Ivysuar, Curse!" JayJay retorted and Ivysaur began to glow red. He was bombarded with the water, but held his ground. "Now, Ivysaur, Growth!" Ivysaur began to enlarge and was almost as tall as JayJay when he finished. Misty seemed surprised

"Staryu, Surf!" Misty called out again, but this time Ivysaur was ready

"Ivysaur, Giga Drain!" JayJay exclaimed and Ivysaur roared out, absorbing all the energy around him, especially the energy from Staryu. Staryu was KO'd

"We did it, Ivysaur!" JayJay cried out, jumping with joy, but he calmed down enough to continue the battle

Claire quickly shoved the note in her bag and rushed to the gym. "Sorry I'm late, JayJay." Claire noticed Staryu was defeated. "One more to go!"

JayJay gave Claire a thumbs up and looked back at Misty. Misty smiled and sent out her second Pokemon . . . Gyrados. Her Gyrados roared out and looked at Ivysaur menacingly. JayJay stood his ground and Ivysaur followed his lead.

"Gyrados, Flamethrower!" Misty began and her Gyrados shot searing flames at Ivysaur. Ivysaur stood firm until the confligration stopped, then roared out in pain and started breathing heavily.

"Ivysuar, Giga Drain!" JayJay called out and Ivysaur began leeching energy from Gyrados. Gyrados wasn't KO'd, but Ivysaur looked much healthier. Gyrados dove deep into the pool into rest a moment.

"Ivysaur, use Sludge Bomb on the water!" JayJay commanded and Ivysaur shot a rancid ball of gunk into the pool, poisoning the water

"Gyrados, get out of there quickly! Use Hydro Pump!"

Gyrados launched out of the water and in mid air, blasted Ivysuar with the torrent of water. But Ivysaur took the damage without a problem and used Giga Drain once more to finish off the match.

Ivysaur shrank back down to it's normal size and cried out in joy

Claire smiled and met back at the arena with JayJay.

"You both succeeded in the fight and thus I award you both with your next badge. Good luck against the Elite!"

As Claire took her badge she said, "But, didn't our battle technically end in a draw?"

"Yeah, but my Pokemon fainted first. You fought hard. That's all that mattered. Take the badge with pride. However, the Elite won't always give you the win if they lose first. It's just a rule in the system."

JayJay accepted his badge and high-fived Claire before recalling his Ivysaur and heading to hold the door open for her. Once they were outside, JayJay's PokeGear rang. He answered and looked alarmed at the sound of chaos on the other end of the call

"Hello? What's going on?" He asked, seeming a little panicked

"JayJay, It's a disaster! Team Rocket is trying to- *CLick, beep beep beep*" Professor Elm was cut off by the call being dropped

JayJay seemed very worried, but didn't know what to do

"Listen, maybe we 'ought to stay here in Cerulean one more night. I know it's a bit early in the day, but the trip to Vermilion is a bit of a long one." Claire mainly wanted to get in a night of physical training. She was sure she'd be exhausted by dawn tomorrow, but if what she predicted was true then she'd need extra training. JayJay was more physically fit than her by far, and she saw this as a chance to be ready for whatever might come.

JayJay looked to Claire and nodded. He was worried about what the Professor wanted to say, but Team Rocket wouldn't dare attack New Bark, not with his father there, so he relaxed a bit. He figured he would rest for the night, he needed it

The two headed back to the Pokemon Center. Claire wanted to check up on Growlithe, which was still in care with Nurse Joy. Nurse Joy reported that Growlithe was fine, just tired, it brought relief to her ears. She went back to the guest room for some rest, though she couldn't help but feel troubled.

JayJay feeling equally troubled sat down on his bed this time and tried to relax. His scar hurt a bit, but it wasn't a big deal to him, he'd take care of it when he was alone, he didn't want to gross Claire out. He closed his eyes and started to breath deeply

Claire fell asleep in her relaxation, though it was without ease. The troubled thoughts of what was to come bothered her, in which it followed her even in hours of rest.

"Who are you?" she asked in the dream. She stood face to face with Shadow. He merely smiled, putting a finger to his lips. "I need to know what to be ready for. I need to know what I need to warn my friend of." He said nothing and flashed away as if he was a ghost. She suddenly found herself running away from Team Rocket who were in pursuit after her. JayJay was nowhere to be found in the dream. She kept running for a light that seemed to be farther away the closer she thought she was getting.

JayJay sensed Claire was in distress, her dream a nightmare, and her mind in pain. he didn't know why, but he got up and got a cloth damp with cold water and placed it on her forehead. He then started working out, trying to get his mind off of things. He decided to super set, to go until his body refused to go any farther and then even more. It was 11:27 PM when he finally collapsed with a great thud, three hours of working out and five bottles of water later, he couldn't take any more. He couldn't even move and fell asleep almost instantly

In the dream, she finally neared the light but was tossed down by a Rocket member. "N..no!" She yelled out in the dream. Everything went black as she awakened in reality. Claire sat up quickly, feeling the cloth fall in her lap. Her skin was moist from the heat she felt from the nightmare. Getting up, she grabbed her gloves and headed outside, just north of Trainer's Bridge. She used a tree as a target and started practicing.

JayJay heard Claire leave, but his muscles couldn't get him up even if he needed them to, so he fell back asleep, his nightmares returning as usual

Claire had been training all night to near exhaustion. She had hit the same tree so many times to where some of the wood was wearing away in the trunk. Her hands were aching. She fell back into the grass beneath her.

"I can't give up..." she said faintly. Claire managed to get the energy to stand up again. She removed the gloves and tossed them to the ground. "It takes physical hits to get them grunts down. I can't give up yet." She continued practice. By the time she was done, her hands were scratched up badly. She knew she couldn't let JayJay see the marks. Putting her gloves back on, she hurried back to the Pokemon Center.

By the time she arrived, JayJay was still asleep. She collapsed back on her bed and practically blacked out.

JayJay heard Claire enter the room, but couldn't get up, so he seemed asleep. He realized it was almost dawn out, but fell back asleep.

A two hours later and he finally got up. He stretched and cracked his joints. He saw Claire still asleep, but without a blanket on her she looked a little cold. He turned and grabbed the blanket from his bed to cover her up. As he did, he noticed red stains on the knuckles of her gloves. He carefully slid them of and saw her hands looked like they'd been through a wood chipper. He washed them and bandaged them carefully, then tucked Claire in and closed the blinds before the sunrise could wake her up. He had estimated that she'd been working out for seven or eight hours and they would need to rest here for one more night. JayJay left the room quietly and payed Nurse Joy for the nights they were ther, even though it was free, he felt obligated. He got back to the room and started doing a hand stand. 30 minutes later he began to do mid-air push-ups

Claire had awakened possibly an hour or so later, though she felt like she had slept for ages. She hadn't realized that she had been out cold for hours rather than asleep. Then again, she probably didn't want to know. Claire sat up and rubbed her eyes a bit. She realized that her hands had been wrapped in cloth bandages. Her hands ached a bit but were still usable. Claire figured that she had been bleeding and didn't realize it. "I didn't exactly want you to know I was out late, but I guess you figured it out regardless."

"I heard you leave . . . 167 . . . And come back . . . 168 . . . I was just too tired to notify you I was awake . . . 169 . . . 170" JayJay stopped and rolled into a standing position, then sat down on Claire's bed, giving her a profile shot of him, then he turned his head to look at her, his chest moving greatly, but slowly, in a controlled manner, a very faint slash mark spanning from his left collar bone to his right ribs. "What were you doing? If you don't mind me asking, of course" JayJay asked with genuine concern at her damaged hands

Claire didn't want to tell him the honest truth, yet didn't want to lie either. "Just practicing. No pain, no gain, right?" She smiled, though behind her smile was a bunch of worries. She hoped that JayJay couldn't sense her emotions despite her lying smile.

Dispite Claire's effort, he knew she wasn't telling him the whole truth, and as much as it hurt to have his friend lie, he had to respect her privacy. If she was hiding something, he knew she had a good reason. He smiled and got up motioning for her to just relax and stay in bed while he made her a breakfast of cold pizza, honey loaf, and a tall glass of cold MooMoo milk. He made her breakfast in bed

As JayJay walked out of the room, Claire couldn't relax without the thoughts of lying to him just bothering her.

"I know I'm not telling the whole truth," she thought. "But if what I fear is true, then I need him to know as little as possible until I can tell him all the details." She sighed, then glanced at her hands. She was lucky she didn't end up breaking her hands instead of bruising them. At least, that's what she thought. She glanced up at the ceiling and closed her eyes to think. "If only..."

JayJay came back in with the tray and set it down by Claire. He realized with most of the day already gone, they might be resting here again tonight, but that didn't bother him. As long as Claire was healthy, he was happy. He sat down on his bed and relaxed a bit

She ate a bit of breakfast, though debating whether to stay another night or head on. "So," she started. "Should we go on or wait another day? I'll be fine whichever we go. I know that's what you're concerned about."

"Am I that transperant?" JayJay chuckled and shruged. He hadn't decided yet, he had hopped she would. Considering the posibilities, JayJay figured they should go today. It was only a little after noon, they should be able to make it before it was too late out.

"Alright, once you finish, we'll pack up and go"

Claire nodded and soon finished up breakfast. She stood up and packed up her bag. Her Growlithe was delivered by Nurse Joy, apparently, for as his Pokeball was back in her bag as well. "So, ready to go?" She tossed her gloves back in her bag seeing as she wouldn't be able to use them for a while.

JayJay nodded and the two headed on their way. A half hour later and they were out of Cerulean City and faced with a choice, take the route, or the tunnel. JayJay couldn't decide, so he looked to Claire.

"What should we do?"

"Seeing as the tunnel is the direct route to Vermilion City, and the shortest, it may be best we head that way. If it gets dark before we can do anything, we can camp out." Claire pointed to the tunnel, then glanced at her watch.

"Alright, let's go" JayJay said with his typical cheer and lead the way. A few hours later, the two were at the Vermillion City Archway, both a little weary, but still able to keep going. JayJay lead the way to the Pokemon Center, guiding Claire through their drowsiness and into the familiar and friendly building

Claire was exhausted, but she wanted to stay alert. For all she knew, Team Rocket could be anywhere. With the hour growing late, there was high doubt they'd strike a move. The two managed to get a room in the Pokemon Center for the night. Tomorrow, they'd be after their third badge.

"We made it," she said. Claire was half-awake but remaining alert. "Another badge will be in our hands soon."

"Mhm" JayJay said as he got her into her bed and pulled her covers over her. He then moved their bags all into one corner and got into his own bed. He was too exhausted to change his clothes, plus he felt it would be rude to change in front of Claire. He turned off the lights and feel asleep fast, his normal nightmare attacking him

Claire wanted to sleep but the constant fear of what would happen in Vermilion haunted her. She removed the bandages on her right hand to view the injury at length. Claire was sure there would be a scar eventually. But, as long as it aided her in what would possibly be a brawl for the town, she didn't care. She reapplied the bandage and tried to sleep. She went in and out of a nightmare, but by morning she couldn't remember what it was.

When Claire awoke, she found JayJay on the floor, his blanket half pulled over him. His breathing was slow and steady but, he was in an odd, half folded, half stretching pose. He seemed to have rolled out of bed last night due to a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.