• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Eight and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claire met up with Officer Jenny at the newly repaired home that was in the east of Cerulean.

"Officer Jenny, are you available?" Claire asked.

The black-haired woman replied, "Of course I am. What's up?" She was wearing her normal uniform and putting shelves up.

"A friend of mine and I have just come from Vermilion City, and we need to get to Pewter. With Mount Moon almost impossible to reach from here, we were hoping to get a flight there. Would you happen to have a Pokemon that could transport us? Nurse Joy said you might."

"I sure do. My partner, Pigeot, and I have been together for a while. He can take you."

"Thanks ever so much."

Officer Jenny walked outside and called out her Pigeot. It stretched out its wings and cried out in joy.

"Now, Pigeot, I've got two trainers who need a ride out to Pewter. Can you handle it?" The Pokemon cried out in response. "I was sure of that." She smiled.

JayJay heard the Pigeot cry out and headed that way. He saw Claire and waved, also waving to Officer Jenny before he made it to where they were. He noticed the man standing by a cave across the river. He shuffled that thought away in his mind for now, more intrigued by the thought of traveling by flight.

"So, we have a ride?" JayJay inquired, looking over the Pigeot, clearly impressed by the Pokemon. Cyndaquil and Growlithe were also impressed.

"Sure! See, in the last little while there's been a lot of trouble going on here in Cerulean. What most people don't know is that the exit that leads here has been blocked off. Some rocks collapsed and it's unsafe for travel. Most people have been taking flights lately. So, heading straight through isn't really an option."

"Team Rocket?"

"You guessed it, kiddo. The activity has increased. But, I'll be willing to give you a ride. Just put your Pokemon back in their balls for safety, and you're ready to go."

JayJay nodded and put his Growlithe back in it's Pokeball and put Cyndaquil in his vest, snug as a bug in a rug. He looked around a bit.

"Hey Claire, do you think we could pay Officer Jenny back by shutting down Team Rocket? They're bad people and we're really getting stronger. We should be able to do it, right?" JayJay asked with an almost child-like innocence.

"Hey Claire, do you think we could pay Officer Jenny back by shutting down Team Rocket? They're bad people and we're really getting stronger. We should be able to do it, right?" Claire noted the innocence in his voice.

"We could, but right now we're not strong enough to do it. I know we're getting stronger, but Team Rocket is composed of hundreds of grunts at different levels. And if we wanted to shut them down, we'd have to take Giovanni down. Giovanni is the leader of them all, and also is the gym leader of Viridian City. However, he's recently disappeared. So, as of right now, there's no physical proof he's been involved in anything. That's why they can't go and arrest him. Though, I believe he's working under the table. I do have a bit of a theory going on, however."

"Listen, kids," Jenny cut in. "Taking on Team Rocket at your level is going to put you at a disadvantage. If you want to help me out, then get stronger and then take them on. You're putting yourself at risk and you've only just started. Let yourselves have the upper hand. Go take on the gym leaders. Maybe, along the way, you'll have to face him. But, until then, focus on what you need to do and I'll focus on what I need to do."

JayJay nodded, already forming a plan. He looked at Claire.

"Alright, are we ready to go? I wanna go to Pewter City so we can start training before we take on Brock" JayJay said. He looked to the west, set on training and starting their League Quest

Claire nodded. Jenny replied, "Hop on kids. Welcome to your flight." The two climbed onto the Pidgeot. "Pidgeot, Fly! Drop these two off at Pewter and come back here." The Pidgeot cried out and flew up into the air.

The two were flying over the lands, watching as the routes passed them by. Claire held on to her bag tightly, her egg inside of it.

JayJay held on tightly as well. After a rather short flight, the Pokemon landed in Pewter City. After the two dismounted, it flew off, back to Cerulean City. JayJay looked around and became super excited. It was only 3:00 and there was still plenty of time to look around and figure out when they were going to train before taking on the Gym Leader.

"What do you wanna do first Claire? We could go training, or go get some food at a restaurant, or . . . Um, I can't think of anything else to do right now" JayJay said, happy as usual

"What do you wanna do first Claire? We could go training, or go get some food at a restaurant, or . . . Um, I can't think of anything else to do right now" JayJay said.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I plan to go train a bit. If you want to go eat, that's fine." Her stomach growled, but she had some food in her bag to last her the day. Claire wanted to get her Magikarp trained to use against Brock.

"Training it is!" JayJay declared, then he looked around, rather lost
"Um, where can we train? I don't want to hurt anyone around here" JayJay looked around and saw a bunch of building, but no open spaces to train. He walked around a little and saw a pathway leading back to the mountian.

"How about over there? It should be open enough so that we don't hurt anyone, right?"

"How about over there? It should be open enough so that we don't hurt anyone, right?"

"Well, if you want, we can go into the Viridian Forest. It's just a little bit south of here and it's wide open near the exit."

JayJay laughed a bit, not knowing the geography, he then had a bright idea and opened his bag, got out a map and started studying it. His Cyndaquil got out of his vest and looked around. He noticed his Egg was moved a bit, but when it didn't move again, he went back to studying the map.

"Alright, it says that there are a lot of Pokemon in the forest, so it should be a good place to train" JayJay decided, then started walking off in the direction of the trees

"Well, Caterpies, Weedles, and even Pikachus are available here in this forest." They continued inside. Claire picked up the Pokeball with her Magikarp. Only time could get it to evolve. Picking up another Pokeball, she called out her Growlithe. A Pikachu was in the distance.

"I'm off to catch it. I'll meet you back in a bit!"

"I'll see you later!" JayJay called after her. He then sat down and unzipped his bag, placing his egg and Growlithe Pokeball next to him, his Cyndaquil on his shoulder. He took out some of the vitamins and the Power Items, along with his new guides. He began to read and he learned rather quickly. By 4:00 he was ready to start training. He called out his Growlithe from it's Pokeball. He taught him Close Combat, Flare Blitz, and Wild Charge, then he taught his Cyndaquil Focus blast. After that, he gave them plenty of vitamins and put a Power Anklet on each of them and they began to fight wild Pokemon. Time flew by as they fought wild Pokemon and Trainers alike. They stopped to eat once, then got right back into training. Growlithe and Cyndaquil were noticeably faster by the time it was approaching 8:30

Claire dashed off and fought the Pikachu with her Growlithe, though it was easy since her Growlithe was much stronger than the other Pokemon. "Pokeball, go!"

It shook once, twice, then captured. She cheered in victory. She walked over to her Pokeball containing her Magikarp and called it out. The Pokemon flopped on the ground.

"Come on, Magikarp. I've been with you since the beginning. I need you to evolve. Brock is waiting for us, and you can get so much stronger that way."

"Alright, guys, come on back, let's get those off of you and start packing up" JayJay told his Pokemon. The two seemed exhausted, yet eager to keep going, but JayJay figured they'd trained enough for today. He had been training himself, as well, doing a long conditioning workout while he was instructing his Pokemon. The egg had moved once or twice, but it didn't seem to hatch. The Fire Stone glowed brightly as nightfall came to the Forest. JayJay helped his Pokemon out of their Power Anklets and packed everything back up. He recalled his Growlithe to it's Pokeball and allowed Cyndaquil his usual perch on his shoulder.

Claire sighed, wanting her Magikarp to evolve. As the day passed on, she had captured a Caterpie and trained it. With two Pokemon on her belt, she was ready for the next day of battle with Brock and then onward to Cerulean. As she packed up to leave, her Pokeball had wriggled. Her Magikarp had come out of its Pokeball. It glowed white.

"What the...?!" She went defensive, not sure what was going on. Her Magikarp was evolving into a Gyarados. She nearly screamed out in joy but decided to keep quiet. She wanted to have Gyarados as a surprise on the battlefield tomorrow. Claire returned the Pokemon to its ball with a smile, thanking it quietly. "I'm ready." She went on her way back to JayJay.

JayJay saw Claire walking up from deeper in the forest and smiled. He wanted to train more, but decided it was indeed time for bed. He waved Claire over and lead the way back into the city. He found the Pokemon center and held the door open for Claire. He was debating an idea in his head

Claire smiled and accepted JayJay's courtesy. Nurse Joy walked in to the room. "Kids, we've got a spare room in the back if you need a place to stay for the night." Claire nodded, accepting the invitation.

"So," Claire started. "What's on your mind, JayJay? I can tell something's up there in your head."

"I've been thinking . . . Who should take on Brock first? I don't think we can fight together against a Gym Leader. We also need to think about what happens if we can't and the other has to wait for a day . . . So I've decided you should get to challenge Brock first. You've got the best chance of winning with a water type on your team. Magikarp or not, it's gonna have an edge against a rock-type" JayJay concluded with a smile. He knew he had almost no chance until Growlithe and Cyndaquil evolved, but he needed more training time. Claire had a much better chance of winning than he did

"If you want to do that, then that's fine. But, first things first, we need to get some food. I'll head out to the PokeMart and see what I can pick up. Surely there's something there." Claire smiled and left her bag in the available room that Nurse Joy gave them.

JayJay nodded and left his bag in the room as well. He looked around in the room a bit, then sat down on one of the two beds to and took out his Fire Stone to help him think. He decided to change into his night clothes while Claire was out. He changed into a loose gray tank top and loose blue shorts that came to his knees. He held up the Stone to the lamp, it's glow was very comforting, but he felt like he should use it soon. The thought brought him mixed feelings

Claire was once again greeted by the same clerk and offered a discount on food. Picking up some ramen noodles and a couple of water bottles, Claire returned back to the Pokemon Center. She spotted JayJay inside and, before entering, she peered around the door. Claire often wondered if something stayed on his mind when he was alone.

Without even looking up, JayJay knew he was being watched, but he didn't care, his mind swirled with thoughts of his brother and what JayJay could do to become strong enough to challenge him. He knew he had to beat the Indigo Plateu and Silver Conference first, but he knew his brother would be the biggest challenge of all. But what next? What would happen if he met his beloved brother and couldn't find his way after their long awaited battle? He was worried to the point of being sick sometimes just thinking about it. Would he travel to all the regions and challenge every challenge? Would he settle down and live a quite life? He didn't know what he would do with his life after that faithful day, but he still needed to get there first. He got the feeling things would get clear when the time came. His instinct told him that it was Claire watching him

"Do you plan to wait out there all night, Claire?" JayJay asked with a chuckle

Claire watched JayJay while he was deep in thought. She had never seen him so calm, yet... Yet so concerned. She could sense a troubling thought, but even she would not find out herself without telepathy. How she wished for such an ability. Claire decided not to ask him, knowing privacy was privacy. Though, as she watched him silently from the doorway, she began to realize that beating the Indigo League would not settle him, should he beat it. Claire wanted to figure out how truly determined he was but knew she couldn't right away.

"Do you plan to wait out there all night, Claire?" JayJay asked with a chuckle.

Claire blushed and entered the room. "My apologies. I shouldn't have been spying on you. I couldn't help but think something was bothering you."

JayJay smiled and waved it off

"You weren't doing anything wrong, I was just thinking about my brother, and what I would do after our battle, but that's a long time from now. It'll all be fine, I'm sure. Oh, what did you bring for dinner?" JayJay asked, expertly hiding his concern for what waited ahead of him in life

Claire grinned. "Well, ramen is all I can afford here for now. We better hope we win tomorrow or we're not going to have dinner tomorrow night." Claire passed over a bowl of ramen and a water bottle. "I only wish I could've gotten more. Going away from home left me without an allowance."

Claire laid back on the second guest bed, glancing up at the ceiling. She sighed a bit. "Mom's gonna be furious when I come back to Vermilion."

JayJay Poured the water in the ramen and held it above Cyndaquil's back for a few minutes. It worked like a charm and he offered to make Claire's ramen as well

"You hungry?" He asked, to avoid talking about tomorrow. He was worried about what he should do.

"Sort of, but I'm still a bit worried about tomorrow and all. That and with Team Rocket on the run. It does bother me a bit. But, all in all, I guess my main problem is that I don't want Mom to see me back. I left for a reason, y'know?" Claire sighed. "I don't know what I'll do, I guess."

JayJay got up and walked over to Claire. He put a hand on her shoulder and smiled.

"I'm sure you'll be fine. You've got what it takes to go as far as you want, and there isn't anything your mom can do about it. And if when you go back, she's still mad, well that's her problem. The past is the past and there's no changing it" JayJay said in a rather soothing voice. He meant every word he said and it was plainly obvious.

Claire sighed. "I guess so." She stood up, hands in her pockets. "I'm going out for some air. I'll be back a little later on." She left the room, heading out to the Viridian Forest to think. She had her Gyarados in her pocket and wondered if it was worth going for the gym tomorrow. Just then, she heard a rustle in the trees. "Who's there?" she asked. A shadowed face came from the bushes. The figure put a hand to his lips.

JayJay nodded and opened the door for her. After she left, he sat back down and stared into the Fire Stone. He began to feel a burning in his chest. His Cyndaquil dug around in his bag for Growlithe's Pokeball. JayJay broke his stare and helped Cyndaquil with a chuckle. He called out his Growlithe and the three had a meeting.

"What do you think guys? Should we go out and train some more? Do you think we can do it? And even if we do, will we beat Brock with our weakness to Rock? Hm . . . . All these doubts . . . I think I know what we need to do, guys" JayJay said. His Pokemon nodded, having already come to the same conclusion. He got up and got dressed in a pair of loose black shorts, his black wristbands, and a black vest. He took his light bag out and backed a few vitamins, plenty of water, his Fire Stone and a Power Lens and Power Bracer. He wrote a note to Claire.

-"Claire
I need to go to the MT Moon and test myself against Rock-Type Pokemon. Don't wait up, I'll be back before your match tomorrow. Sleep well.
-JayJay"-

"Who are you?" Claire asked again. The figure once again put his finger to his lips. She walked up to him. He held out his hand, giving her a disk. A note was attached.

"Use this wisely," it read. "My name is not important to you."

She went to speak again, but then the figure disappeared back into the bushes. "Who was that shadowed figure...?"

Claire wanted to search but it was just too late and she was exhausted. Upon returning back to the guest room, she read over the note and then sighed. JayJay's safety was important to her. She only had to hope that he would fare well in Mount Moon.

JayJay made it inside MT Moon and looked around. He gave his Pokemon a few more vitamins and gave Cyndaquil the Power Lens and Growlithe the Power Bracer. The three then set to training. They encounted Onix, Geodude, Zubat, Clafariy, and more Onix. The three fought with all their might until Cyndaquil stopped and began to glow. JayJay smiled and put the Frie Stone down next to Cyndaquil and allowed Grolwithe to use it after he took the Items off both of them. The two began to glow with blinding light . . .

Again, Claire picked up the disk, realizing it was a hidden machine. It was blue like the ocean, and she knew instantly that it was Surf. She walked out to the field behind the Pokemon Center."Gyarados, I choose you!" She tossed the Pokeball up into the air and the water dragon came out. It let out a might roar. "Gyarados, I need to teach you this. If you learn it, it'll knock out our competition tomorrow." The Pokemon put its head down, allowing its trainer to place the disk on it. "With this HM, I teach you Surf." The disk glowed briefly, then stopped. Gyarados roared again, this time letting his roar echo. She smiled, then called her Pokemon back. Upon going back to the guest room again, she fell asleep in one of the spare beds.

(OCC: FF. )

It's now high noon and Claire has arrived at the Pewter City Gym, to challenge it's leader, The Rock-Type Master, Brock. JayJay hasn't come back from MT Moon yet, but Claire gets the feeling that he isn't going to miss her Gym Battle. Just as Claire enters the Gym, a fiery colored flash zips past the Gym, heading to the Pokemon Center.

JayJay enters the Pokemon center and heads to the back room, leaving two Pokeballs on the counter for Nurse Joy. He washes up, eats and gets dressed in new clothes. Camo-Cargo pants with a matching t-shirt, a black vest with a flare brooch, black combat boots, and camo wristbands with a flare brooch design embroidered on them both. He heads back out, and takes the two Pokeballs back from Nurse Joy. JayJay takes a deep breath and heads to the Gym

Claire glanced around, about to battle with Brock, and was looking for JayJay. She would have to challenge Brock on her own if he didn't come soon.

"So, are you ready, Miss? I'm the rock-hard trainer that's going to give you your first badge."

"Sure, but can we take this outside, instead?"

"As you wish. We'll play on the visiting trainer's rules."

The two headed outside. JayJay had finally come up, as Claire had noticed. "Nice of you to make it, JayJay."

"Sorry, I'm late, had to get some last minute training in. Are you ready?" JayJay seemed psyched and energized, despite not sleeping all night. He proudly pulled out his two Pokeballs an excited grin on his lips.

Brock shrugged

"Alright, you can each use two Pokemon, I'll use four. we'll fight one at a time. I'll start of against the lady first. One on one, then move to fight the young man, one on one, then back to the lady, and back to the young man. Are we clear on the rules?" Brock stated. He seemed extremely kind and happy about the challenge

Claire sent out her Growlithe as Brock called out his Geodude.

"Growlithe, use Ember!" Claire called out. Growlithe formed several pieces of flaming embers in the air and sent them out to the foe Geodude. The Geodude fell back a couple of steps, then levitated back up.

"Geodude, use Rock Throw!" The Geodude picked up a large piece of earth and threw it at Growlithe. The Growlithe collapsed under it. Claire nearly squealed.

"Come on, Growlithe... Get out of there..." She waited patiently. "I believe in you, my friend." Growlithe managed to dig itself out of the dirt. He was a bit scratched up, but well enough to continue on. "That's my boy. Let's finish this off. Use Reversal!" Growlithe jumped at the Geodude, attacking the Pokemon multiple times.

Geodude fainted while Growlithe was on the verge of collapse. "First battle given to Claire. JayJay, you're up!"

JayJay stepped forward and gave Claire a high five. After that, he walked forward, an air of confidence around him. Brock retuned his Geodude and sent out his Kabutops. His Kabutops did a few fancy movements and held a pose

"Alright, are you ready, JayJay?" Brock stated with a smile

"I'm ready!" JayJay called out and threw his first Pokeball out. It opened and from the white beam of light came a proud looking Quilava, with a searing flame on his lower back and his head.

"Alright, Kabutops, Rock Slide!" Brock called out and his Kabutops slashed its claws into the earth and sent chucks hurtling at Quilava

"Quilava, FLAMETHROWER!!" JayJay Called out with a very commanding voice and Quilava unleashed a raging torrent of flame launched out at the hurling boulders, melting them and lashing out at the Kabutops

"Kabutops, Dodge!" Brock said and Kabutops began to jump out of the way but the searing flames bombarded it and sent it flying and slammed the Kabutops into the outside wall of the Gym

The Kabutops got up and charged again

"Kabutops, Hydro Pump!"

"Quilava, Extrasensory!"

The two attacks met with astounding force but Quilava's training paid off and Extrasensory sliced through the Hydro pump and carshed into Kabutops. Kabutops fell backwards KO'd

"Kabutops is unable to battle, Quilava wins! Clarie is up again!"

JayJay heads back to the waiting box and nods to Claire with a kind smile, his Quilava following close behind

Status
Not open for further replies.