• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

E3 2011 Official Discussion Topic

*Looks like an idjit*

Well, they could have given us a clear picture in the presentation. I can't be the only person too lazy to look into it. It does look very similar to the normal Wii, I guess that's an excuse. The fact that the controller was the main focus confuzzled me. And all things are in development too, I guess.

And when I was thinking of an Apple combo, I was more like a 3DS that was a phone and had an MP3 player. Cuz I would buy that, not what ever horrors my statement came to render.
I'd much rather buy one expensive piece of equipment than three different ones. The 3DS does take video/pics, play real games, play movies and browse the internet already. Nintendo would win the universe if they added a cell phone on it. But I'm thinking E3 of the future with that.*Prepares to be proven wrong by smarter peoples*

E3 of now, the Kid Icarus looks very much like Kingdom Hearts to me, just more cloudy, less Disney and with an annoying voice actor. Fun lookin' though. I like his lazor gun.

♥ Mario Kart.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Gods, I was wanting to get a 3DS before E3, but now I REALLY want one. :x The titles that were announced and highlighted all looked pretty damn awesome, and a number of other ones that were just slapped up there at the end have gotten me exited too.

I really want to get the plethora of Mario franchise games: Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart and Luigi's Mansion. Mario Kart is just always fun to play, so of course I'll be grabbing it. The new Super Mario game looks to be very cool and adds a nice spin on classic Super Mario Bros. games. And Luigi's Mansion just seems to really take advantage of a lot of the systems unique abilities.

Also, zomg Smash for 3DS?! :o I'll be interested to see what happens with this (or when we actually get some proper information at all about either of the Smash games other than simply telling people the games were coming to shut them up :x).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I keep wondering if a Smash Bros. 3DS would be clearly inferior to the console version, or if there would be enough in it to set it apart. As of now I can't imagine myself going the handheld route for a game like that, which quite often plays as a party game, but maybe they'll surprise me with unique content beyond simply the 3D.

Since Red mentioned 'em, the new classic Mario Bros. game does look quite fun and it's the one I'm most interested in for now. I'll get Mario Kart 3DS simply because it's Mario Kart, but I've discovered over the years that I prefer my Mario racers on the big screen. Luigi's Mansion I'm not sure about, so that one's a big maybe. I just wasn't that engaged by the original's gameplay. :x

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Linkachu said:
I keep wondering if a Smash Bros. 3DS would be clearly inferior to the console version, or if there would be enough in it to set it apart. As of now I can't imagine myself going the handheld route for a game like that, which quite often plays as a party game, but maybe they'll surprise me with unique content beyond simply the 3D.

Based off of what was said in the press conference, albeit the Super Smash Bros. games were hardly mentioned and even then it was vague as all hell, I believe they plan for their to be some sort of connectivity between the 3DS version and the WiiU Smash games. But obviously we'll need to wait and see.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sir Red said:
Linkachu said:

Based off of what was said in the press conference, albeit the Super Smash Bros. games were hardly mentioned and even then it was vague as all hell, I believe they plan for their to be some sort of connectivity between the 3DS version and the WiiU Smash games. But obviously we'll need to wait and see.

That much I'm aware of, but it alone wouldn't be a selling point for me. The 3DS version would have to have something all to its own for me to give it a proper look. But yeah, we'll probably be waiting a good year before finding out more info about it. I'll be intrigued to see whatever news crops up.

What Nintendo probably meant by "a new Super Smash Bros game" is probably the same thing that happened with Brawl. Remember that the teaser was released in 2005 and the game itself didn´t come out until 2009; that´s almost four years later. We might expect a similar cycle with this one. Which means a teaser will be released by the end of 2011, introducing a handful of new fighters (New Kid Icarus characters and Zoroark are definately invited). More details will be released at E3 2012, an epic trailer released, and a demo included if we´re good boys and girls. And a special website periodically giving out details of characters, items, stages, etc a month or two later. And finally, in mid-2013, delays and such not included, Super Smash Brothers Lucha shall be released in Japan on the WiiU and 3DS. That´s the way I see it at least.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This is interesting. Kirby Wii has been playable on the floor at E3, and it actually has a tentative release date of Fall 2011. Four player co-op, attack variations based on button combinations, and more traditional Kirby gameplay compared to the changes featured in Epic Yarn. IGN's article was all sadface about the lack of Epic Yarn elements, but I couldn't be happier. Epic Yarn had nothing on games like Super Star.

I is happy. Happy that this game finally exists after pulling a mock-Duke Nukem for years. :'D

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I'll personally be grabbing both the console and handheld titles, unless the handheld version is shown to be vastly inferior in some way, which I can't see happening teally. They've got a lot of time. I don't expect them sooner than 2014, and they'll probably be pushed back a few times like SSBB

Last edited by a moderator:
If I only end up with a 3DS and no WiiU, then I think I would be fine with just the 3DS SSB. It would be much better than no SSB at all. But I think it would be better for the big screen(s).

As far as Mairo Kart goes, I remember in the video that there were Gliders and Propellers for flying and underwater portions of the track. Did anyone else get any Diddy Kong Racing vibes from that? At any rate, Mario Karts have always been fun so once I generate enough cash to get a 3DS and some games, that's going right on my list.